Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WyvernVJ View Post
    Following the OP's logic (ranged missiles? WTH?) the dwarves would close up all entrances and instead use the tunnels underneath Khaz'Modan (and dig new ones) and start taking out every singly undead siege stealthidly with the help of gnomes. Or even before that, they would just barricade the bridge of Dun Modr and prepare cannons on the shores of the Khaz mountains to sink any would-be-attacking ship of the undead.

To be honest, if it was RL, Ironforge would be incredibly hard to attack due to it's natural barriers.
    I came up with a better strategy since the OP.

Attack Stormwind first by littering it with plague bombs, and then penetrate Ironforge by taking the tram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Dont remember catapults flinging firebombs filled with tar being banned in medieval times. That would be pretty funny if actually someone tried to ban that.
    What? You cannot use incendiary weapons against towns period because they tend to kill indiscriminately and spread uncontrollably. I'm not talking about medieval times, I'm talking right now where we have much better counters than shovels of dirt.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I came up with a better strategy since the OP.

Attack Stormwind first by littering it with plague bombs, and then penetrate Ironforge by taking the tram.
    Getting to Stormwind without taking IF is going to be a lot harder than you make it sound.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Getting to Stormwind without taking IF is going to be a lot harder than you make it sound.
    Naval invasion?
    It cant that much harder than marching on Ironforge. Since Ironforge is quite a bit of distance to Undercity so supply lines and what not would be a bit streched
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Naval invasion?
    It cant that much harder than marching on Ironforge. Since Ironforge is quite a bit of distance to Undercity so supply lines and what not would be a bit streched
    A naval invasion wouldn't be so easy either. Long way from Lordaeron, and as far as I know the forsaken navy isn't known for being particularly deadly. Stormwind also has submarines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    lots of limited destruction = mass destruction
    Dropping a nuke on a city is little different from dropping thousands of high explosives and incidenaries

- - - Updated - - -

but if your trying to kill me why only use one grenade?
    Cause I want to live in your house and I rather not destroy it.

Also, limited destruction can be aimed more precisely, while mass destruction is mass destruction.

- - - Updated - - -

A naval invasion wouldn't be so easy either. Long way from Lordaeron, and as far as I know the forsaken navy isn't known for being particularly deadly. Stormwind also has submarines.
    Stormwind navy will obliterate any forsaken navy they send. Their navy is now bigger than what Kul Tiras had. Wich was the biggest navy in Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    What? You cannot use incendiary weapons against towns period because they tend to kill indiscriminately and spread uncontrollably. I'm not talking about medieval times, I'm talking right now where we have much better counters than shovels of dirt.
    Because weapons now and specially incediaries are a lot more efective than a jug filled with tar and set on fire thrown over in your side of the wall.

Is it possible Sylvanas and the Forsaken would be successful in conquering the entire Eastern Kingdoms down the road?

Say a decade has passed since the events of Cata and Sylvanas has had time to build a massive Forsaken army with the aid of her Val'kyr's.
    Deciding her Forsaken need more living space combined with her hatred for the Alliance she decide's it's time to launch an all out assault.
    During this time she has also been able to obtain "ballistic plague missiles" or bombs with the aid of Goblin technology.
    Her first move is to launch several of these plague missiles/bombs into the heart of Stormwind and Ironforge, which ends up killing countless citizen's in both cities.
    After this her Forsaken army begins to march south from the Trisfall Glades out to first conquer Ironforge and then Stormwind.
    Also everyone slaughtered by the Forsaken is then resurrected by the Val'kyr as a new recruit of Sylvanas's army.

Would the Alliance be able to recover from such a devastating attack and emerge victorious or would they be doomed as the Eastern Kingdom's fall under complete control by Sylvanas and her Forsaken?
    Even with the right plague and the Val'kyrs, she doesn't have the military strenght yet. But this can build up with necromancy on fallen enemies armies.

Sylvanas should first move her army to icecrown citadel, awaken and challenge Lichking Bolvar and heir him as the right heir, she was touched and tortured by Arthas long ago, maybe he lives on in her in a way and the Val'kyr obviously accept her, too.

Well, i said it quite a few times in other threads, too.

After she got Icecrown she might be ready to conquer the eastern kingdoms.

However, the main problem is indeed Ironforge. That city seems more fortified and a darker place than even UC. if i would be Sylvanas i would ignore Ironforge and block the passes that leads to Elwynn forest and SW. Just concentrate on the fall of SW. And deal with the rest later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pfft. Just walk along the sea floor like in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Toxins are only deadly at certain concentrations. Using a bomb in an open area (like what the Forsaken do) is way less effective than sticking a hose into someone's house and pumping it full of gas. The concentrations are orders of magnitude different.

Shit, people can just hide in their houses and close the windows and they'd be fine from a Blight bomb. A fire bomb would burn them alive in their homes (or smoke inhalation from their burning house).

If you throw a gas bomb in the kitchen, he'd still be fine on the toilet.
    From the wrathgate i saw that plague bombs tend to explode quite violently. Have fun surviving when one goes right trough your window. (or roof, whatever)

Really, if the Forsaken were strong enough to take over EK on their own, they wouldn't even BE in the Horde, they're only there because they need the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the wrathgate i saw that plague bombs tend to explode quite violently. Have fun surviving when one goes right trough your window. (or roof, whatever)
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either. But if a firebomb hits your neighbor, your house is going up in flames too. If a Plague bomb hits your neighbor, you'll be fine if you close the windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either. But if a firebomb hits your neighbor, your house is going up in flames too. If a Plague bomb hits your neighbor, you'll be fine if you close the windows.
    You will if you have a shovel and dirt apparently.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    You aren't going to survive a firebomb crashing through your house either.
    Remind me, how did that fire/plague thing started? I mean, both are kind of mass destruction weapons, yea? The diffrence being one is meant to damage property and the other is meant to kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    How exactly could you bomb iron forge? Also WC2 horde had full support of the Burning Legion. They would make the forsaken armies of today weep.
    Only an idiot would lay siege on iron forge, its a mountainfortress. I say block the mountainpasses.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause I want to live in your house and I rather not destroy it.
    wells whats better, me keeping an intact house or no one having a destroyed house?
    Its why people employ scorched Earth tactics
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

The WC2 Horde didn't have the plague.

How long could Ironforge defend itself against constant "Plague bombing" ?
    how about for all eternity? Its a friggin mountain?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    how about for all eternity? Its a friggin mountain?
    yes it's a mountain, find a way to fill the air vents with the plague and they're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    Get big bucket
    Fill with plague
    Pour into city
    Keep pouring until city is full

Boom. Just conquered Ironforge.
    the weak spot of ironforge is that underground train that leads to sw. By that tunnel they could bring the plague into ironforge. A pretty big weakness, if this gets deployed before the dwarves even know about sylvanas campaign to conquer the EK.

So, yeah if you got the plague you got an huge advantage. You also got an huge advantage if you soldiers are allready dead. They walk day and night, never get tired and exhausted, do not need to eat, can walk underwater, can defend a fortress forever and never starve, there is proably more i just remember right now.

Actually its just all a game and for the sake of progessing the story and since its just a game the scourge lost in the first place - realisticly i would never see that happen not with the plague, that counless armies and war machiene that ice crown is and that big ice crown citadel.

the forsaken are just a smaller scourge.

- - - Updated - - -

yes it's a mountain, find a way to fill the air vents with the plague and they're screwed.
    Well, as i said before the subway is the weakest spot of Iron Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    You blatantly disregarded the circumstances that led to his demise. The blight is NOT this amazing auto win tool you're making it out to be.
    The keywords is "demise". Ashbringer died. Wielding that sword does not make you a fucking god. And the Blight killed other paladins, including one strong enough to resist Lich King's attempts to break his will for weeks. When Alexandors Super-Duper Ashbringer was raised and enslaved by mere Kel'thuzad.

The Blight also weakened Lich King himself, even though his armour was supposed to make him invulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    In Tides of Darkness, she was admittedly fearful of Alliance retaliation. She knows she can't stand up against the Humans, Dwarves, and Worgen should they launch an attack at once.
    And if Sylvanas ever went full conquering mode, the Argent Crusade and Ebon Blade would join against her so fast that she wouldn't stand a chance. They're already watching her carefully after Gilneas.
    Quite frankly since Tides of Darkness humans, Dwarves and Gnomes participated on many fronts of the Horde-Alliance war and lost a ton of troops. While Sylvanas waited and fortified her holdings (well, not lorewise since she has been ignored lately, but logic dictates that). I'm not saying it would allow her to roflstomp Eastern Kingdoms, but it would make the Alliance much harder to roflstomp her back.

How long do you think she can manage that exactly? How far until the argents turn on her? Do you think the Alliance will stand idly by if she sieges Aerie Peak?
    And how are they going to resupply Aerie Peak if she decides to besiege it? If Aerie Peak is besieged the last hostile (to the Forsaken) force in Lordaeron would be stopped from interfering in destruction of Thandol Span by Sylvanas' troops.

Without that bridge the Alliance would need to either move their fleet to eastern Hinterlands, kill Raventusk first and then climb the ramp of death leading from the shore to mainland Hinterlands or land in Hillsbrad, where they could as well march into Southshore, bath in the plague and die and save Forsaken the time.

It's the same deal as Andorhal all over again. Alliance has shit supply lines in Lordaeron. That's why their strongholds there will eventually fall one by one. And why would argents care about Wildhammer Dwarves again? They didn't care about farmers being resurrected right on their doorstep.

Im giving Sylvanas' army chance of getting into wetlands and not further. They will be spotted by scouts and spies and armed response will be given. The forsaken army is not built for war of attrition, nevermind they can raise humans to their cause. Most newly raised humans are straight out useless because they either become morons when they are raised, or they are so confused they can barely hold a blade, even if they were trained warriors in life.
    The Forsaken barely need any supplies, and fallen enemy soldiers (and possibly their own) add to their ranks. In Siege of Orgrimmar sound files Sylvanas wants to resurrect fallen Horde troops, so the Val'kyr can resurrect more than humans now. Or maybe they always could resurrect Horde races and we just didn't know? Their limits are too foggy, unexplained and overly complicated to be honest. They are built for war of attrition. Also newly risen Forsaken are usually capable, just frenzied (which makes them easy to manipulate). Look at Ambermill. Entire town resurrected and ready to fight just a few quests later.

And Sylvanas shouldn't even get into Wetlands. It would create too many fronts to defend it. She should, and - after increasing her hold over Lordaeron, while the Alliance fought Garrosh - possibly could conquer the rest of Lordaeron that is not AC/Silvermoon controlled.

Oh, and to add-on on my opinion, Forsaken reanimation is not like Scourge reanimation. Humans resurrected by the forsaken still have a mind of their own, and some of theese newly-raised forsaken, especially people killed by them moments earlier, might turn on the forsaken themselves. Wich causes chaos.
    The reanimation actually sounds similar. It's just that the undead risen by Scourge still had consciousness, so in a way, they still had mind of their own, but Lich King's will overpowered theirs and effectively enslaved them. The short story about Kel'thuzad shows it in a great way. And higher rank Scourge even was able to speak about being enslaved. Mostly the Nerubians.

But the Forsaken actually have one of the biggest navies. For long while they were the main navy of the Horde. And they did beat human fleet in Howling Fjords. Which was one of the very few naval skirmishes. Warcraft could use more.

Really, if the Forsaken were strong enough to take over EK on their own, they wouldn't even BE in the Horde, they're only there because they need the Horde.
    That's totally true. Although Sylvanas was left alone for two years so their need for the Horde is lower than it used to be. But she still aids the rebellion in 5.4 so she thinks the pros of being in the Horde still outweigh the cons. Or maybe she just wanted to see Garrosh die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Is Sylvanas part of the Horde?