Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnie View Post
    So, let me recap what did this thread help me realise:

• The Alliance won't bother responding to a Forsaken invasion untill they reach the front gates.
    • The Alliance won't bother helping their under siege allies, either!
    • Forsaken assasins will be cutting all sorts of important people, completely unhindered.
    • The Horde won't even raise an eyebrow in the hearing of all these. Why should they, it's not like Sylvanas has gone Genghis Khan mode and they're next.

In general, noone responds to anything the Forsaken do or might do, seems like they have already decided to bow before their undead overlords.
    Yeah. Conquoring all of eastern kingdoms would include Quel'thelas and a lot of Horde settlements, not just the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Yeah. Conquoring all of eastern kingdoms would include Quel'thelas and a lot of Horde settlements, not just the Alliance.
    Small price to pay for finally exterminating the trolls on the continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is it with all the threads about Sylvanas' powerful soldiers popping around endlessly?
    Most players just like her because of boobs. Pixel boobs.

OT: it will take more than rotting former men to wipe out a continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Small price to pay for finally exterminating the trolls on the continent.
    Der be trolls on Nortrend an' Kalimdor too mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Der be trolls on Nortrend an' Kalimdor too mon.
    And in truth the trolls of the Eastern Kingdoms haven't been a real threat in years (vanilla zul'gurub)

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    And in truth the trolls of the Eastern Kingdoms haven't been a real threat in years (vanilla zul'gurub)
    Well there was vanilla ZG, BC ZA, and then both of them again in Cata, though mostly ZG, ZA was kind of tacked on and had much less done for it.

Deleted
    Dwarves do not fear the undead, bring it.

blizzard logic: yes
    for real: no

She wouldn't be able to launch bombs into Stormwind from any of her territories and she wouldn't stand a chance of getting passed the Dwarves and Gnomes waiting south. Add to that the Humans would no doubt march north with the Dwarves and Gnomes. The undead would be no more....

No one really likes the Forsaken save for Silvermoon, because they've protected by the Forsaken. If Sylvanas tried overtaking any major alliance settlement, or expanding by any large amount, there'd be a crapstorm raining down from every kirin tor mage, every argent crusader and every alliance force. I doubt even a massive army under her command could stop the utter destructive forces of all of those armies.

If you wanted to get realistic, all someone would have to do to end the Forsaken army is kill off the valkyr sylvanas has. They'd eventually die off defending their own lands from other threats, like the scarlet crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    No one really likes the Forsaken save for Silvermoon, because they've protected by the Forsaken.
    The Tauren do/did. Well, Hamuul at least. He convinced Thrall to induct the Forsaken into the Horde because Hamuul saw the potential for their redemption.

Hamuul must be feeling pretty salty right now.

10+ Year Old Account

Catapults are in no way shape or form banned in warfare.

Also: "International law does not prohibit the use of napalm or other incendiaries against military targets, but use against civilian populations was banned by the United Nations Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) in 1980."
    Protocol III on Prohibitions or Restrictions on the Use of Incendiary Weapons prohibits, in all circumstances, making the civilian population as such, individual civilians or civilian objects, the object of attack by any weapon or munition which is primarily designed to set fire to objects or to cause burn injury to persons through the action of flame, heat or a combination thereof, produced by a chemical reaction of a substance delivered on the target. The protocol also prohibits the use of incendiary weapons against military targets near concentration of civilians, which may otherwise be allowed by the principle of proportionality.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Didn't really look like that in South Shore.

- - - Updated - - -

So she is purposely dooming thousands of others to the same miserable plane she is going to go at some point? Real nice of here.

- - - Updated - - -
    ---------------------------------

As for people saying she could just get Goblins to get her into Ironforge...

I don't know if you all realize this, but Ironforge is better secured than Cheyenne Mountain. Arguably the US's most impenetrable base, which, like Ironforge, is also inside a mountain. Cheyenne is one of the NORAD command centers, and is supposed to be able to hold up against multiple direct small-medium nuclear strikes, or at least one 30 megaton strike. To put that into perspective, the bomb dropped on Hiroshima that leveled the city in seconds was just 0.02 megatons. And the most powerful bomb the US ever tested was only 15 megatons, and made this explosion:

Seeing as Ironforge is even stronger defensive wise than NORAD (deeper within the mountain. Even thicker front door). Then I highly doubt the goblins have anything they can throw at IF that would get them inside.
    Hehe nice pic, but you obviously missed the subway leading to ironforge, its so easy for some spys like a goblin as gnome in disguise to smuggle some plague crops into ironforge before Sylvanas declared even war. Iron forge will fall first without even noticing anything and all the dead dwarves will be enlisted to Sylvanas Scourge.

The Wc2 horde failed to take it, cause Iron Forge cannot be taken by a direct conventional attack, i think everyone, agrees with this. Just Sylvanas has biological weapons, too. Old horde never had that. The Burning Legion did not fully support that horde, not anything close we saw in wc3 when the legion attacked in full force. Archimonde would deal with Ironforge in the same way as he did with Dalaran. He will cause some earthquakes and all the dwarves will be crushed and buried by their own mountain.

The forsaken will cease to exist when Sylvanas pays Bolvar a visit(she was there leaving a scratch in the ice) and get full control of the entire scourge in icecrown and possible remaining forces elsewhere on the planet.

But of course that story will not be told, cause it would mean the certain end of anything living. I do not see why undead should not way laste and total destruction on the eastern kingdom without a qualm. Its the reasion why they exist in the first place. And i am sure you know about the scourge events in wc3 preparing the way for the legion.

I wonder why we are arguing aobut Sylvanas supremacy, when just for the sake of the stories to be told, Metzen holds her back?
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-07-27 at 06:52 PM.

She couldn't take Eastern Kingdoms. Why? Well for one, the Horde would be against her actions, for another you're assuming the humans of Stormwind would join her, of course they wouldn't. There's a difference between being raised when not expected to have that happen, to knowing it happens and being prepared for that. All Sylvanas would do is create an Alliance army which wouldn't need to eat or sleep. You also fail to realise she has 3 Valkyr left, and we killed them easily in Northrend.

The fact that Sylvanas's valykr have problems raising non humans... although it seems they can raise blood elves in SoO. Means dwarves and gnomes would be a force to be reckoned with. Then there's the fact that the moment this started the forces of the Argent Crusade, Ebon Blade, Ashen Verdict and any other anti undead force would team up to take her punk bitch ass down.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnie View Post
    So, let me recap what did this thread help me realise:

• The Alliance won't bother responding to a Forsaken invasion untill they reach the front gates.
    • The Alliance won't bother helping their under siege allies, either!
    • Forsaken assasins will be cutting all sorts of important people, completely unhindered.
    • The Horde won't even raise an eyebrow in the hearing of all these. Why should they, it's not like Sylvanas has gone Genghis Khan mode and they're next.

In general, noone responds to anything the Forsaken do or might do, seems like they have already decided to bow before their undead overlords.
    This thread is much like every other Sylvanas bukkake-fest, I'm not sure why people are surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Good point, they could surround Ironforge though and starve it from receiving any supplies outside of the mountain, they would run out of food eventually.

Also Stormwind doesn't have the benefit of being inside a mountain and would be crippled by plague bombing.
    mages conjur food, shamans conjure/command elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    mages conjur food, shamans conjure/command elements
    Gameplay doesn't equal canon. People in Orgrimmar were starving to death after the Cataclysm even though they had mages.

In the novel, Orgrimmar had shaman that could make it rain and they were still suffering from a drought. Also, shaman don't command the elements, they negotiate with the elements. Unless you're talking about dark shaman, but that is more akin to the type of enslavement warlocks/mages do.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-27 at 07:09 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Tauren do/did. Well, Hamuul at least. He convinced Thrall to induct the Forsaken into the Horde because Hamuul saw the potential for their redemption.
    as I recall it was the Grimtotem too that also swayed the Horde to accept the Forsaken

- - - Updated - - -

In the novel, Orgrimmar had shaman that could make it rain and they were still suffering from a drought. Also, shaman don't command the elements, they negotiate with the elements. .
    "regular" shaman do find themselves in positions to be more forecful though.
    As Thrall did when he basically had to tell the fire elementals in Org to fuck off
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    "regular" shaman do find themselves in positions to be more forecful though.
    As Thrall did when he basically had to tell the fire elementals in Org to fuck off
    More begged them to go back into the braziers than told them to fuck off. Thrall did force one at the end when the spark ignored him.
    Brother Flame … you can do great harm and great good to those whose lives you choose to touch. But you have taken for your fuel the dwellings of others. Your smoke sears our eyes and lungs. I ask you, return to the places where we hold you with gratitude. Harm no more of our people.
    The fire answered. This elemental was but one of many who were angry and erratic, fierce and uncontrolled.
    No, we do not wish to return to the confinement of the bonfires or braziers or small family hearths. We like being free; we want to race across this place and consume all in our path.
    Thrall felt a flutter of worry. Never before had such a direct request of his, one from the heart and filled with concern for the safety of others, been so flatly refused.
    He asked again, putting more of his own will into the query, emphasizing the damage that the element was doing to people who had ever welcomed it into their city.
    Reluctantly, sullenly, like a sulky child, the blaze began to die down. Thrall sensed his fellow shaman lending their aid, their concentration, their pleas as well, and was grateful if unnerved by the incident.
    The fire did consume seven buildings and a great deal of personal property before it finally subsided. Fortunately, no lives were directly lost, although Thrall knew that several were affected by the smoke. He would—
    “No,” he whispered. A spark, dancing defiantly, was wafting on the wind, heading for another building, to wreak more havoc. Thrall reached out to the spark, sensed in its erratic intent its refusal to respect Thrall’s entreaty.
    His eyes were open now, watching the path of the tiny flame. If you continue your path, little spark, you will cause great harm.
    I must burn! I must live!
    There are places where your glow and heat are welcome. Find them. Do not destroy the dwellings or take the lives of my people!
    For a second the spark seemed to wink out of existence, but then it blazed back with renewed vigor.
    Thrall knew what he had to do. He lifted his hand. Forgive me, Brother Flame. But I must protect my people from the harm you would cause them. I have requested, I have begged, now I warn.
    The spark seemed to spasm, and yet it continued on its lethal course.
    Thrall, grim-faced, clenched his hand hard.
    The spark flared defiantly, then dwindled, finally settling down to nothing more than the faintest of glowing embers. For now, it would no longer do anyone harm.
    --The Shattering