Page 11 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    You really can't take being proven wrong, can you?
    You haven't proven anything... but go ahead, tell me the lore and content is high quality handcrafted stuff. I'll laugh, but please go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I'm reading a few posts and I see people saying that "Blizzard needs to get new content out faster or subs will drop even more"... Now look, I love WoW, it was my first MMO and Vanilla and BC were special to me. Burning Crusade had a different way of dealing with content not necessarily being out fast enough, they made sure that their old content was still decent and hard to get through. Not many got to Sunwell (nor did many care if they didn't) because they were still doing other things, WoW's end-game is what you made it back then, you weren't shoved into a tunnel of one thing. You did 5 man heroics and if you did them enough you would eventually move on to Karazhan after you acquired the gear.

If you were casual this could take a while but it was still fun because you knew what was next and it was worth the wait because running heroics weren't half bad. You made Karazhan, now you have a long time of gearing up (unless RNG favors you) and your guild would progress with you. THE END GAME IS WHAT YOU MADE IT, in essence somewhat laissez-faire. You weren't forced to do something, if you only did Karazhan and maybe some Heroic Magisters Terrace (That place is hard as shit on heroic) then that was your end game, you knew that with the correct amount of time being put in that you would move on. While new patches came out for more hardcore people to start you were still doing so and so and people accepted that because they were happy with what they were doing.
    In a way, Blizzard did this to themselves. This is the end-point of consumption-based gamplay.

When WoW launched, it was hard as hell to get stuff and the game asked a lot of people. But it was completely about the experience. My crap vanilla guild didn't slave away 3 days before Burning Crusade came out, trying desperately to down Anub'rehkan in Nax 40, to get gear to help us level. We did it for the sake of doing it.

But for years WoW has been about collecting thing. About completing legendary sets (remember that dude that almost cried a few years back at Blizzcon over Ati'esh? Pathetic.), completing tier sets, completeing "characters", collecting pets. How many peoples banks are filled with those fun items from Pandaria leveling? WoW has in many ways become a collectable card game, where people just MUST collect everything. Sometimes combat and killing things is required to do that.

The problem is... eventually people grow out of that. They realize how stupid it is. Getting an entire new set of purples every 5 months for the sake of getting an entire new set of purples is a waste of life, if collection is the reason that you do it. And eventually something bad happens - like a guild break up - that gets people to say "you know what? fuck it", and they walk from the game.

The best thing WoW can do is end this. It'll be a jolt, but a good one. Reward based gameplay has its place but WoW has become about reward to an obscene degree, there is little else to it other than reward now.

How many gear sets can a person really collect if thats a person's reason for playing?
    How many mounts can they really get?
    How many achievement toasts are that thrilling?

For people wired with addictive personalities, that's can go on forever. But for most people? They need another, better reason or they'll walk after doing the same song and dance.

Next Expac, with the predicted Item Squish, would be the time to do it. They should nuke the concept of gear as we know it. Make it purley cosmetic or something else. Just don't make it a reason for playing. Make experience and accomplishment that reason. That's a lot harder challenge than just throwing in Thunderforged Gear to artificially extend the life of content, but it'll be a better game for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Ridiculous and total nonsense So in quarter 4 2010 wow wasnt to old, yet quarter 1 2011 wow was all of a sudden to old and started losing players. Its mechanics for the most part that lost wow its subs. Age has very little to do with it.
    People sit there and talk about age yet don't look at games who have been around longer, while not MMOs they are still games...........mario, zelda, resident evil etc etc.......they are still alive and kicking. (now I wait for "Oh but they are different blah blah blah bullshit")

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I still enjoy WoW immensely and wait eagerly for 5.4. MoP is the best expansion so far, in terms of mechanics and gameplay. I'm one of those few people who enjoy dailies, so I can't understand the whining from community. Also, pandaren theme is fine, it's a nice change of scenery from all the dark and gloomy shit we had before.
    So, I could care less about all the random people dropping their WoW subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Interesting. I do wonder the content consumption rate is though along with gearing pace and such. WoW would have to have a number of gameplay shifts to get players accustom to such and break the more traditional WoW paths which is already causing an issue with the changing that has happened in MoP confusing a number of players. GuildWars 2 looks more community oriented and the soloist playerbase seems to have taken quite the strong hold in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I can't believe people still make the bullshit "Pandering" argument. Really, I can't. That shit is unbelievable.
    I dont really like Blizzards take on the asian theme as it feel very western stereotypical to the point of racist. It gets annoying, but I do end up ignoring it. The only times my interests was peaked up was the alliance vs hord interactions which is a familiar thing with me so that does play a part. I can put up and laugh at cheese asian steriotypes for short durations like for movies but in a game I am going to play for many hours on end it does rub me the wrong way. It is not going to get me to quit by itself as gameplay is more important and that personally is what MoP lacks in compared to Cata.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-26 at 06:55 AM.

To be fair, the actual content is of the highest quality they have ever done. Its the way the content is presented thats wrong.
    What content? You mean the dailies? The terrible quest lines that made me not interested in finishing a zone for the first time in years? The horrible first tier? The only good thing coming out of MoP has been ToT so far. We'll see about SoO, it looks promising. But then, so did Dragonsoul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    We shall wait and see what will be said tomorrow. Last quarters response was lack of engaging content for casuals which could be considered a lack of quality content. Blizzard makes fairly well polished content but doesnt mater how well you polish a piece of shit as it will still be a piece of shit and yet sadly that is the way Blizzard went with a lot of the non-raid content this expansion.

Oh please. This expansion has the most raid content ever, and the the content is to most stable ever when looking at quality-shit releases. Lets look at wrath.

Naxx- rehash kinda shit
    Ulduar - Amazing
    Toc - shit
    Icc - not shit pretty good.

MoP
    tier 14 - not shit pretty good
    tier 15 - almost as good as Ulduar
    Tier 16 looks pretty good and has a ton of bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Plans to in the future doesnt mean is doing now. Also if wow released a new scenario every 2 weeks they could call it major content as well when compared to the likely content Anet will put out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please. This expansion has the most raid content ever, and the the content is to most stable ever when looking at quality-shit releases. Lets look at wrath.

Naxx- rehash kinda shit
    Ulduar - Amazing
    Toc - shit

MoP
    Well thats opinion based. Personally I liked TOC. As for Naxx only what 1% of the player base ever got to see naxx before WOTLK?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    What content? You mean the dailies? The terrible quest lines that made me not interested in finishing a zone for the first time in years? The horrible first tier? The only good thing coming out of MoP has been ToT so far. We'll see about SoO, it looks promising. But then, so did Dragonsoul.
    MoP Questing has been more enjoyable than Cata or Wrath, I don't know what you are talking about. Also, T14 was a blast compared to T7/T9/T12/T13.

10+ Year Old Account

Naxx- rehash kinda shit
    Ulduar - Amazing
    Toc - shit

MoP

- - - Updated - - -

Plans to in the future doesnt mean is doing now. Also if wow released a new scenario every 2 weeks they could call it major content as well when compared to the likely content Anet will put out.
    Woah there cowboy, it is undeniable that BC had the best raids. I can't think of one raid that was genuinely bad from that expansion.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account

The plans starts July 9th

Deleted
    I think i'm just gonna ignore this thread. A lot of people preaching that this is the end of the world (of Warcraft) without any real evidence to back it up.

Yeah wow is losing subs, it's to be expected. Doesn't mean death.

Woah there cowboy, it is undeniable that BC had the best raids. I can't think of one raid that was genuinely bad from that expansion.
    And thus the problem with using the word "undeniably" when talking about something very nearly 100% subjective.

As I said, the non-raid content. Yes the raid content is doing well and there is a lot of focus on it perhaps far more than ever before, but it still isnt holding subs like the developers hoped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    What would also be striking is to compare digital download sales for WoTLK to Cataclysm. I rather imagine that's a lot more of an indication as to why people weren't lined up at midnight to buy the expansion. Myself, I was home and logged on at midnight instead of standing around on a sidewalk.
    I am not trying to be rude and I am sure it will come off that way but.............how many excuses are people going to make for Blizzard?

I agree with others... I think WoW will continue on this slow and steady decline in numbers for a handful of years. The only thing that will speed it's demise up is if a game comes along that literally makes people jump ship en mass and they don't return to WoW. So far, no MMO has done that. A couple have had potential but fell short. One upcoming game has a lot of potential. But we'll see. Even if a new MMO grabs millions of players, I think a lot of people will still keep their WoW account active because they can't see their gaming life not having WoW in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And thus the problem with using the word "undeniably" when talking about something very nearly 100% subjective.
    Well I can bet that anyone who raided in TBC will say the same. Subjective as it is, BC really had good raids as whole per tier.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunwell Sucked pretty bad.

So did Hyjal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkwuzhere View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how you fuck up a Warhammer MMO besides having the most generic races (2 elves, 2 humans, dwarfs, and orcs/goblins!? Seriously? You couldn't add the fucking Skaven or even Lizardmen!? Bretonnians would have been more fun to play than the Empire).
    To be honest, I'm still bitter and pissed off about WAR. It had so much potential and it turned out to be such a steaming pile of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hyjal. Worst raid ever after ToC if you don't count 1-2 boss zones as raids.