Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    modern chess is 500 years
    monopoly is 78 years old
    The Legend of Zelda is 27 yrs old
    Ultima Online is 16 yrs old
    EverQuest is 14 yrs old

Age don't matter
    yep and you all need to pay 180 dollars per year just to play them ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This is just my view on it. You doomsayers can jump on my throat for all I care. The MMO and gameing market as a whole is incredibly saturated, by this I mean that a lot people nowdays play a game for a few months, leave, then buy another. Check out that previous game again, leave, etc etc. Back in the early days of WoW there was barely any option, there was barely any front face from the MMO genre. This time and age, people are really rarely sticking to a single game, less one that has a subcription AND several expacs (sometimes, is intimidating to new players).

Overall, like I said previously, the Market is really saturated, and its not about to stop, next gen consoles will atract people, some people will sub to WoW when the expac is out, some wont bother because they are all over the market and just dont want to bother to come back (see my previous statement in which before there was barely any options.) People cant really deny that this expac has been pretty damn up there when it comes to content specially when it comes to Raiding content, but theres a lot of factors that people dont think of because they are blindly thinking inside the box, or are just way to passionate.

Even with a Burning legion/Azhara themed expac, (again another notion that is just personal and blindly passionate.) it wont bring the game to a ridiculous 11+million. I know a lot of you wont understand this because of your personal thought hatred or love for the game, but its a fact that the market wont ever EVER be as big on a single game like world of warcraft. Games will peak, then go down ans stabilize.

inb4 im called a _____ for using logic.

You know insulting people by calling them a "doomsayer" is not a good way to make your argument heard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    As far as content goes, that once again depends on where you play. On a majority of servers there is no pugs, there is very little chance to raid. So your stuck with dailys and lfr. Think about the raise of the mega servers, what do those left behind do? There's a lot of people quitting because World of Warcraft is not a very fun solo game and on many of the servers it's become that way. I know some people do enjoy small servers but most do not. Blizzard has failed every one of it's customers on the dying servers and at this point there's a lot of dying servers.
    Thats also a reason for wows decline imo. Wow has moved from being an mmo to a queue lobby for most players. Wow is mediocre at being a single player game compared to actual single player games, and one of if not the best multiplier games. It needs to move away from queuing and move back towards actual social interaction and doing things together. Flex modes and heroic scenarios are the first steps i believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    Please provide examples of this "dumbing down", and tell us how it differs from the much harder "difficulty" of Vanilla / TBC / Wrath / Cata? >.<
    Well, for starters let's look at the exp to level nerf, the removal of elite group quests while leveling, the invention of BoA gear where even as a cloth wearer you can nab up a crap load of mobs and destroy them, not having to use any skill what-so-ever to quest just rush in and destroy, adding in big circles telling you where bad stuff is going to happen so just side step and that's in questing, dungeons, and raids and the addition of LFR which is mindlessly easy...............would you like more?

They are trying to address some of the major issues.

VR is suppose to help with the dead servers. Be nice to get more details on it.

Flex raiding is to address the fact normals were tuned badly and caused a massive amount of social and lower tier guilds to break up.

It's just a question now of is the last tier of a expansion to be doing these things and will it work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    modern chess is 500 years
    monopoly is 78 years old
    The Legend of Zelda is 27 yrs old
    Ultima Online is 16 yrs old
    EverQuest is 14 yrs old

Age don't matter
    There is a fundamental difference between a video game, and a classic strategy game like chess, or a family oriented board game like Monopoly.

UO and EQ both had massive sub-losses at one point as well, before stabilizing and floating right around "just profitable enough to maintain."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    But---there...is?

*shrugs*

I give up. Don't play the game I guess. Don't really care.
    To me there isn't. I'm glad you still enjoy it and it's great that you do, keep playing and living. It's a legend in video game history.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well to be honest who cares that 5 million asians are regularly visiting an internet café. It puts WoW at 2,7m relevant western subscribers, putting it not very far ahead of other western F2P MMOs.
    228 million dollars non GAAP revenue and 280 million dollars GAAP per quarter tend to differ...your actual numbers.

Any movie making more than 100 million dollars gross revenue is called a blockbuster btw.

So WOW launches 10 blockbusters per year ...

The others have players, WOW has subscribers, a huge difference in revenue fellow.
    Last edited by mmocbe16196feb; 2013-07-26 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Well to be honest who cares that 5 million asians are regularly visiting an internet café. It puts WoW at 2,7m relevant western subscribers, putting it not very far ahead of other western F2P MMOs.
    Except it isn't F2P

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    To me there isn't. I'm glad you still enjoy it and it's great that you do, keep playing and living. It's a legend in video game history.
    Then you've applied a random qualification that anybody looking at the game objectively wouldn't.

There are more things to do besides questing than ever in WoW.

Where did you get the 5m number for Chinese subscribers, or the 2.7m for Western?

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats also a reason for wows decline imo. Wow has moved from being an mmo to a queue lobby for most players. Wow is mediocre at being a single player game compared to actual single player games, and one of if not the best multiplier games. It needs to move away from queuing and move back towards actual social interaction and doing things together. Flex modes and heroic scenarios are the first steps i believe.
    Ah you under estimate that people will go for the path of least resistance...it was bound to happen to much convenience can spoil everything.....well that is what i think /shrug
    Personally i ride my ground mount everywhere even though i have flying why to make the world seem bigger..does it work yes.Just little things can change your gameplay experience for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    MoP Questing has been more enjoyable than Cata or Wrath, I don't know what you are talking about. Also, T14 was a blast compared to T7/T9/T12/T13.
    Yes, but T10 and T8 were even better than MoP, so nyer, you're wrong! Is that the logic we follow here now? Well, it is all subjective, but I'm still outraged at the direction the game has been taking the past few years. And with each newsflash my view is supported that something is wrong with the game. If you like it, fine. I am not saying I don't enjoy the raids. But I'm saying it used to be more. And the content outside of raids is shit. I can't believe you don't see that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
    Because 180$/year is sooooooooooo much, right? Seriously, some people would just whine about anything. I earn 1k+ euro/month and paying some lousy 65 euro per 6 months is a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fierceangelx View Post
    It's easier for them to say "LOL WOW IS DYING GO PLAY WILDSTAR" than be positive about something.
    I know its easier, and it probably gets burried too, logic usually does around here. Anyway, be back in a week or two. Its that time again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, but T10 and T8 were even better than MoP, so nyer, you're wrong! Is that the logic we follow here now?
    Throne = Ulduar > ICC. I don't see them being better, so your point is moot :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Then you've applied a random qualification that anybody looking at the game objectively wouldn't.

There are more things to do besides questing than ever in WoW.
    Pet battles, dailies, and farming............I get bored of pet battles, rarely touch dailies, and farming I need to be in the right mood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
    Idk my Chess Set cost me 20 bucks.

To start wow playing wow at end game you got to buy the battle chest for 19.99, Cata for 9.99, mop for 39.99.

Cost there is $69.97 + 15 bucks a mo

Grand total $249.97 for your first year of wow and a $180 for every year after*

*this does not count any items from the blizzard store, future xpacs or Transfers and character customizations

There's pretty much no strong competiton right now and they're still losing subs.
    They better have some amazing stuff planned. PS4 + Xbox + Elder Scrolls + WildStar etc. release is not going to help their sub numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    This is just my view on it. You doomsayers can jump on my throat for all I care. The MMO and gameing market as a whole is incredibly saturated, by this I mean that a lot people nowdays play a game for a few months, leave, then buy another.
    If by "saturated" you mean WoW can't attract anyone for their lackluster game and nobody else played a role because they are content with their sub 1m number (EVE Online) or simply copy WoW in all it's glory and all it's shame (too many to list), then yes, the market is saturated.

I think the market is all but saturated. But there's nothing there to attract the potential players. Shit content is shit. Nothing to do with any "saturation". FFS, look at the numbers of LoL. They laugh about words like "saturated markets". :P