Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I'm not sure they are. I know that outside of china they use the same system as swtor. It's free to play unless you want access to certain things, then you have to pay a subscription. Which means that it's impossible for us to know how big the percentage of paying accounts are.
    the pay by the hour model is apparently quite common in china - maybe someone with direct knowledge about how they run in china (where surely the vast bulk of their accounts are) will read this and comment.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the pay by the hour model is apparently quite common in china - maybe someone with direct knowledge about how they run in china (where surely the vast bulk of their accounts are) will read this and comment.
    Or someone who knows how to read Chinese so they can just take a look at their accounts page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I don't expect a new xpac till fall/winter 2014.

This is the end of the world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or someone who knows how to read Chinese so they can just take a look at their accounts page.
    waiting for volunteers....
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Considering the WoW team is now the largest it's ever been, content is coming faster than ever, and they don't want a huge expansion lull from the last content patch until 6.0....I'm gonna have to say no.

It'll be a Summer release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    waiting for volunteers....
    http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/vie...php?f=3&t=2337

lol naab idiot, SOO will last maximum 6 months, unless like you expect, 15

Infracted. Flaming is not tolerated here
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-26 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Blizz wants to release more often than every 2 years. MoP pristine ran for about 6 months. If ToT is released in september then ToT ran for 6 months, too. If SoO then runs for 6 months we get new expansion around march 2014. However traditionally the last patch of the expansion always runs longer (and sometimes there's an extra bonus raid released as interim).

Since the end of Wrath Blizzard has done nothing but make the game more casual friendly. And since Wrath subs have done nothing but decline. Is there a connection? Maybe WoW doesnt need to be easy mode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Considering the WoW team is now the largest it's ever been, content is coming faster than ever, and they don't want a huge expansion lull from the last content patch until 6.0....I'm gonna have to say no.

It'll be a Summer release.
    Considering no trade mark.
    no advertisement
    No Beta
    No F & F
    No leaks
    no hype
    5.4 is not yet and we will most likely have 5.4 for 6 mo at least
    5.5 will be crowning a new warchief
    6.0 will be the pre patch
    Beta will last around 6 mo

So I don't see it out by summer

10+ Year Old Account
    I tell you what, if blizzard were to introduce a system in wow of buying 'tokens' from there blizzard store in order to purchase other items ingame, you know, like £10 for 1000 blizzard tokens.. I would just weep at how low they've sunk.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it will be released sooner than that. I really don't think blizzard expects SoO to last a year.

Turned off my 10 accounts when they stealth removed /follow from BGs. I had to raise hell with billing because Greg Street didn't bother including that pretty huge change in the patch notes and three 6-month subs reoccurred just prior to patch day. Got most of the money back thankfully.

Steam Summer Sale has filled the void, and Wildstar looks like it will be my next MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    lol naab idiot, SOO will last maximum 6 months, unless like you expect, 15
    I am sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to say

- - - Updated - - -

I think it will be released sooner than that. I really don't think blizzard will let SoO be the only raid content for a year.
    Meh We shall see I guess

to the people who say "wow is dying"...no shit. i bet you cant find even 1 game that is at least 4 years old that has more subscribers now than it did 3 years ago.

Considering no trade mark.
    no advertisement
    No Beta
    No F & F
    No leaks
    no hype
    5.4 is not yet and we will most likely have 5.4 for 6 mo at least
    5.5 will be crowning a new warchief
    6.0 will be the pre patch
    Beta will last around 6 mo

So I don't see it out by summer

I don't know how to process all this.

Why is trademark such a big deal? It shouldn't take long to do that. They are probably waiting closer to Blizzcon.
    Why would they advertise something that isn't read to be shown...BEFORE its even announced?
    Of course there is no beta, its not announced yet.
    How do you know there is no F&F?
    No leaks? Blizzard is probably keeping it pretty locked up.
    There will be hype when it's officially known who we are going against.
    You really don't expect SOO Until January? That's insane.
    Okay...
    I know.
    Who knows how long Beta will last? Blizzard operates in a pipeline, we have no clue how much work is actually done. Especially with a larger dev team, they could have a lot more work done and ready for beta than before.

Quote Originally Posted by snoutmate View Post
    Someone asked for updated graph: http://i.imgur.com/WSjr73X.png
    Looking at that graph, it is clear MoP is having an even steeper decline than Cata did, in a shorter amount of time. People like to hope the next patch will bring people back. But I seem to recall they thought that with 5.2 and 5.3. It's a fact Blizzard is losing more subscriptions and gaining no new ones. So I am predicting regardless of what naysayers may want to believe, MoP by the end of 2013, will be down to 5 million, maybe even under in worse case scenario. And there's always been about a 2 year gap in expansions. MoP has been out only 1 year. Cata took 2 years and plenty of people say it most definitely was a rushed expansion. Quantity over quality. That term replace quality over quantity the moment activision took Blizzard over. Facts don't lie.

So when 2014 comes around and Q4 2013 numbers say they are down to 5 million or under, I will be saying that I called it.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know how it works outside of China, we just want to know if it's the same way in China or if they use the same model as Blizzard does.

I think it will be released sooner than that. I really don't think blizzard expects SoO to last a year.
    We said the same when DS was released.