• No thanks.

22 25.00%
  • It's good, but heres how it could change. [say in reply]

7 7.95%
  • It's bad, but it could be made good like this [say in reply]

2 2.27%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instead of a new race, why not something a little different?

Two words, Sub-Races.

This would mean simple reskins, but truly, what would the difference be?

Well for one, they could have instanced starting areas, clearly a Taunka wouldn't start in mulgore, a dark iron would probably start in Searing Gorge too. This would provide greater variety with much less effort and consumed resources. It would satisfy your roleplayer, it would satisfy your raider, it'd satisfy your lore junky too.

This would open up a door for ideas people are -begging- for. Like High Elves. Though that might be pushing it, High Elves as a sub-race for the Night Elves, carrying a similar skeleton, but with a high elf skin, and simple high elf edits to the model so it isn't a parallel to the blood elf.

What would this mean for racial abilities?

GC said himself, that if he could he would have made WoW without racial abilities, where your character was your character, not played for the races stats or racial abilities. This would be the perfect oppertunity to drop the racial ability jazz. And instead, perhaps, give each race its own unique aesthetic abilities, like in Guild Wars 2. [I think?]

In my opinion, sub races have little drawbacks, But lets hear it from the crowd, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And instead, perhaps, give each race its own unique aesthetic abilities, like in Guild Wars 2. [I think?]
    Not a very good idea..
    This would never work, more RNG to a game that has already so much RNG in, no thx

I'm all for this, but since they are busy with remodelling the current models, I would like them to give more options, like size of your character for example.

I'd see it in the following order:
    choose family: Tauren
    choose apearance: Taunka, Tauren, Yaungol
    Choose <insert current options here (with added options ofc for the new (sub)races>
    Choose size

I suggested somewhat the same back in Lk I think (might have been cata). I'd really love a sub race, Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarfs, Maghar Orcs, Broken, ... Who knows they might be working on it at the same time they're redoing character models, fingers crossed!

The only thing I'd change about your idea is adding High Elves to the Humans zone. They were always allied with the Humans while the Night Elves only recently (well not THAT recently anymore) and I don't think a High Elf is that much of a treehugger anyways.

I would prefer more in depth character customization options for current races then the default options that each race comes with. Within reason of course. Ie no gnome sized blood elfs.

I would definitely love subracing, especially now that there are a lot more diverse sub factions making up both the Horde and Alliance, especially the horde.

Horde now has untainted brown skin orcs, darker skinned dragonmaw orcs, Icemist tauren (taunka) are officially part of the Horde too now, I do believe that with the use of Valkyr the forsaken are able to raise not just dead humans into their ranks as well.

Dark Iron dwarves with their darker skin tone, and wildhammer (uh these guys are slightly larger and broader right?, plus the tattooes) are quite different from the dwarves of the bronzebeard clans who currently recide in Ironforge.

I'm less concerned with abilities unique to certain subraces, case in point, untainted brown orcs do not possess the ability to periodically return to the state of bloodlust they were in while under demonic control that tainted green orcs do through the use of the Bloodfury talent.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

I think those new subraces (like Wildhammer dwarves) will most probably come with the new character model. Would be logical; right? We will most probably also get a lot more customization options.

We are most likely getting sub-races (graphical only) along with model updates soon.

It's funny when people say sub-races. They're actually different races of different species.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Two words, Sub-Races.
    It's ben suggested before.

The problem it has is one it shares with model revamps.

It can't really replace a new race or class because it would simply provide a better/different version of what we already have.

EJL

I'd love sub-races.

But if they add more customization outside of sub-races, I require a boob scale. For men too. Why can't we increase our fat panda moob size?

I'd be happy they just gave us extra skins for certain race-class combinations like they did for Death knights. Like tattooed Wildhammer skins for Shaman and Dark skins for Dwarf Mages and Warlocks.
    Higgledy-piggledy Lord Wyman Manderly
    Sups with his foes, leaving Nary a crumb.

Wolvering wolverenes Incontrovertibly
    Tell all who hearken that Winter is come.

They have a hard enough time modeling gear to their current races. If they had distinct sub races, it'd take them even longer which in Blizzard terms means less content. We already get the bare minimum when it comes to gear sets available each expansion as it is.

I voted Yay. At this point, I'm all for anything that brings more variety and customization to the game. More options are always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Not a very good idea..
    This would never work, more RNG to a game that has already so much RNG in, no thx
    Aesthetics don't add more RNG. Removing racial stats? It allows you to play what you want, rather then follow what is 'best at the moment'.

No, simply put, HELL no.

I want to see more races and diversity in this game! Neutral races are AWESOME to allow me to play something I like on both sides. Although I would love to see factions abolished, I still vote for more races and classes to be added for flavor (or what's left of it).

If they implemented an Eredar option for Draenei I'd be tempted as hell to roll one.

Just that simple little change too would make worlds of difference -- funny how that works isn't it?

It's not a bad idea, not a bad idea in the slightest. The problem is, however; if Blizzard does go in this direction, I can't see how new character models will happen. So it's either this or new character models. I very seriously doubt Blizzad will do new character models if they do this. They can't handle new character models for - 12/13 races, do you honestly think they can do it for 36/39 races?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    It's not a bad idea, not a bad idea in the slightest. The problem is, however; if Blizzard does go in this direction, I can't see how new character models will happen. So it's either this or new character models. I very seriously doubt Blizzad will do new character models if they do this. They can't handle new character models for - 12/13 races, do you honestly think they can do it for 36/39 races?
    These wouldnt really be as intesive;theyd mostly be reskins.

I've wanted Sub Races for so long.

Brown Orcs please.