Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I mean this in a constructive manner.. But we could always reroll a Mage or a Warlock in 5.4 since it is a completely new tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    I still hate how the games become a 2 tier system, top tier consisting of ranged dps and bottom tier consisting of melee, being a viable melee just means you can fill one of the few spots allocated to soaking up gear, interrupting duty or the few fights melee shine, I know there's no longer supposed to be any hybrid tax but it feels like there's a melee tax and only rogues managed to avoid it (and barely).
    Unfortunately this is so true and I think this comes with the ongoing addition of more and more "cast while you move" spells. In earlier expansions the major drawback of being a caster was not being able to do much dps when there's moving involved. Nowadays this niche is nonexistent. This problem was already mentioned by GC and I think the next expansion should reintroduce something where melees have a strong advantage over casters, but it's not something that can be fixed for content patches.

I believe the reason rogues were brought over other melee during T15 progression was their superior survivability, not their damage. Warriors however bring very strong raid utility for a DPS class, Demo banner and rallying being very powerful. Skull banner is another very strong raid DPS cooldown that noone else can bring. My biggest concern for warriors, SMF especially, is how much we rely on a good execute phase. Seems wierd to have subpar damage for the majority of the fight, only to catch up during the last 20%.

Damage numbers are always skewed one way or another, but looking at the PTR warriors could look strong next tier. The whole ranged vs melee debate is unfortunatly still roaming and with good reason. But it makes no sense to discuss it here, it has nothing to do with warrior balance alone.

Let's be realistic, warriors aren't what they used to be. Prot is probably the worst of tanks now since we cannot cap avoidance, threat is pretty horrible too. Arms has virtually no place in PvE and it's not an issue that "Arms is just misrepresented" when compared to the thousands of people who play Fury. And Fury is only so-so right now. Even at 547 ilvl and mostly all BiS pieces, similarly geared rogues are like 30k dps ahead and most ranged are about 20k ahead just because of the legendary meta proc yet we don't hear mention of nerfs to those classes or buffs to fury.

While I'm on the subject; at high ilvl- PvE becomes competitive with dps and world of logs and it's really shitty trying to rank on WoL with world-wide ranks when chinese kids get to upgrade their gear 4 times over and have 557 ilvl Heroic ThunderForged weapons/trinkets. Kinda bullshit blizzard.You want us to be competitive then don't balance things between class or between regions. WTF?!

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...lings/advanced
    Last edited by Pharm; 2013-07-27 at 08:24 PM.

If you want to be top of meters than fury unfortunately isn't for you. Warlock/Mage.

However, If your goal is to be able to throw down rally cries, demo banner, mocking banner and the almighty skull banner, you'd love Fury. Download the Spell announcer addon to let everyone know when your banners are dropped. You can even edit it to input different messages like "banner dropped! Go wild ! Pew pew!" my favorite part of the fight

And in the most important fight of the tier - H leishen you will play a very important role of dropping mass spell reflect for lightning diffusion.

Change your mentality and you'd find that fury ain't bad. It just not our role to be topping dps. We have another raid purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to be top of meters than fury unfortunately isn't for you. Warlock/Mage.

However, If your goal is to be able to throw down rally cries, demo banner, mocking banner and the almighty skull banner, you'd love Fury. Download the Spell announcer addon to let everyone know when your banners are dropped. You can even edit it to input different messages like "banner dropped! Go wild ! Pew pew!" my favorite part of the fight

And in the most important fight of the tier - H leishen you will play a very important role of dropping mass spell reflect for lightning diffusion.

Change your mentality and you'd find that fury ain't bad. It just not our role to be topping dps. We have another raid purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    I believe the reason rogues were brought over other melee during T15 progression was their superior survivability
    Well being ridiculously durable was certainly a reason but the damage and raid cd didn't really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    so sad to see an iconic rpg class fall this low all the other melee classes are born to warrior and they are shit in wow still ill keep playing my warrior to the end my horde warrior
    I ran out of breath reading that in my head. Please use , and .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you finally understand

Quote Originally Posted by Pharm View Post
    While I'm on the subject; at high ilvl- PvE becomes competitive with dps and world of logs and it's really shitty trying to rank on WoL with world-wide ranks when chinese kids get to upgrade their gear 4 times over and have 557 ilvl Heroic ThunderForged weapons/trinkets. Kinda bullshit blizzard. You want us to be competitive then don't balance things between class or between regions. WTF?!

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...lings/advanced
    You realize WoL by default separates US/EU and Asian countries when it ranks people right?
    Its obviously imbalanced, who gives a damn if you don't beat them?
    Really, for this tier, even more important than any ilvl difference is the massive variance in luck of RNG with procs that effects how you are going to rank. That and how much you are able to "scumbag" dps really makes the difference between a rank 10 and a rank 50+. Believe it or not, scumbag dps mechanics are a big part of the reason good Rogues and DK damage can get so far ahead of ours this tier.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure their gear can only be upgraded twice like ours, its just 8 ilvls higher by default. I could be mistaken, I really don't pay attention to them.

On the Asian realms, the gear starts at 2/4 upgrades, so Heroic Thunderforged gear starts at 549 for them. They can then uppgrade it twice, to 557.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Revert execute nerf, buff our survival cooldowns. Should put us back in place, especially with the new 4pc and the crit trinket (if it isn't nerfed).

I mean this in a constructive manner.. But we could always reroll a Mage or a Warlock in 5.4 since it is a completely new tier.
    If you want a raid spot it is always better to be a range and even better a strong range. We cleared 13/13H a couple of weeks ago and it is the first time for a long time that I remember no Dps warriors in the raid, even last tier we usually have one but not with a warrior tank now. Warrior dps is far behind rogues/Dk's, so far that there is no reason to gear one unless he wants to tank.

We had two dps warrior's that actually have re-rolled mage for next tier since range is doing very well on the PTR and we plan on carrying even less melee to push progression.

Fury is about middle of the dps, so it is in no need of crucial buffs.

Perhaps even a 5% buff to overall DPS would be too much for Fury, while Arms is definitely the worst DPS spec at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Revert execute nerf, buff our survival cooldowns. Should put us back in place, especially with the new 4pc and the crit trinket (if it isn't nerfed).
    Crit trinket (the stacking crit trinket I assume you're referring to) has been nerfed already. At this point, Feathers or a second Amplify Trinket (one with Int or Spirit on it) will be our second BIS trinket. I would love to see the Execute nerf reverted though, that would help quite a bit.

Blah. Well, that sucks. Also, don't see the point of rerolling to another class. Does it make up for being so far back on your legendary cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Blah. Well, that sucks. Also, don't see the point of rerolling to another class. Does it make up for being so far back on your legendary cloak?
    Alt Runs are for the melee that are re-rolling or don't want to be benched at the start of 5.4. It takes no time at all to gear up another toon and there should be enoug time to get caught up on the legendary quest and our melee already had ranged alts from last tier. We like to keep good raiders but carrying melee makes a lot of progression much more difficult.

there's still plenty of time to reroll and most ranged specs will out dps fury by about 535ilv without legendaries. I'd love to see some huge changes to warriors completely but it's next xpac stuff so for t16 I'd like our dmg outside of execute bought up by buffing BT and even buffing deep wounds for fury which is a very simply passive way to increase our sustained, also perhaps make it so meat cleaver RB leave deep wounds on the target so we can spread it to 3 extra targets wouldn't be huge but would be something extra for cleave. Another could be adding a short duration bleed to heroic leap that could be effected by Cs and could even slow the target for a bit of pvp help.

I don't really want any more damage piled onto execute as its going to make the luck of 4pc procs more rng on our dps, plus backloaded rotations are fine for farm but frustrating for progression.

Guys, if you have been a good contributor and played fury well.. This offer to swap classes for 5.4 shouldn't be too hard to come by. I was too stubborn, kept with my fury and hunter. Both are mediocre.. I mean they aren't so bad that we can't get a raid spot but they are both unlikely to be top 5 specs next tier and for many tiers after. If your motivation is to top dps meters, u should have either a Mage/warlock at 90 as standby.

Not only do warlocks have superior single/multi/burst dps but they have alot of utility in terms of portals/stones. 3 specs.. All viable..and strong PVP too. Arguably, a good warlock is more sought after than a Mage.
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-07-27 at 10:24 PM.

Guys, if you have been a good contributor and played fury well.. This offer to swap classes for 5.4 shouldn't be too hard to come by. I was too stubborn, kept with my fury and hunter. Both are mediocre.. I mean they aren't so bad that we can't get a raid spot but they are both unlikely to be top 5 specs next tier and for many tiers after. If your motivation is to top dps meters, u should have either a Mage/warlock at 90 as standby.

Not only do warlocks have superior single/multi/burst dps but they have alot of utility in terms of portals/stones. 3 specs.. All viable..and strong PVP too. Arguably, a good warlock is more sought after than a Mage.
    "I really want to reroll. Oh, never mind, i will be 20k-30k behind the rest of my class for 5 months till i get my legendary shit"

Yeah. We don't really force people to swap to alts. I mean, we do have people reroll but that's if we're low on a specific, important class or if they're bored with their current class, and we do just fine.