Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've now switched to my freshly level 90 warlock.. If they buff my warrior now I'm gonna be quite pissed haha

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I've now switched to my freshly level 90 warlock.. If they buff my warrior now I'm gonna be quite pissed haha
    You must be new. Don´t you know it´s always like that?^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    so much QQ that we are not buffed. Ive seen this cycle every expansion since day 1. If we got buffed now, next tier we would have so much crit passively from gear that we can gem full mastery, boosting our enrage dmg, we will have so much crit we will have a constant enrage buff, with 4 set we will be throwing in Executes now and again and also we scale so much by new weps that we will be rediculous.

If we were buffed to match other classes atm we would be nerfed to death half way through next tier.

p.s. Every bad warrior ive seen on my server complains that we are under powered, yet any that are remotely clued up on their class happily destroys meters. Ofc at the extreme end of the spectrum in the top 50 with guilds racing for progression, there is a requirement to bench us for other classes but /dealwithit

Something worth noting. Next tier, almost every single fight is either melee friendly, or AoE friendly. Fury looks really strong for the fights to come, especially for Garrosh.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Something worth noting. Next tier, almost every single fight is either melee friendly, or AoE friendly. Fury looks really strong for the fights to come, especially for Garrosh.
    Really? Melee friendly? I ran melee heavy in Dragon Soul and it was pretty soul crushing at times (that stupid shaman fight for one)

We had 4 melee, 1 range yesterday on Garrosh, actually felt easier then when we had 1 melee, 4 range. The majority of fights next tier seems to be made for a setup of 2 melee, 3 range / 3 melee, 2 range
    My Stream

Deleted
    I would be really careful with that comment. We've only seen a few heroic bosses so far and there are plenty encounters where I think ranged are more favored than melees.
    We had 4 melee, 1 range yesterday on Garrosh, actually felt easier then when we had 1 melee, 4 range. The majority of fights next tier seems to be made for a setup of 2 melee, 3 range / 3 melee, 2 range
    Corrupted weapon targeting melees (though I hope they change that) and the whirlwind in p2 is definitely more ranged friendly than melee friendly, but in the end we have to wait for heroic mode to make any comments.

€: As a side question, did you test the cleave trinket on garrosh and if you did can you say what % of your overall damage it accounted for? I have to tank for our PTR, but as a prot tank the cleave trinket was around 15-30% of my overall damage. I guess they will nerf it pretty hard, but I'm interested how it is for fury aoe.
    Last edited by mmoc34e120ccb4; 2013-08-01 at 03:44 PM.

I was Prot as well, but I had another Fury warr in my raid. In P1, he had it at around 15-20%, with Crit/Cleave + Amplifier trinket. The value of the Cleave trinket is lower in P2 and P3 tho. After a few pulls, all our dps switched from the cleave trinkets and equipped whatever trinkets would bring the highest single target deeps instead.

PS: If you want to try something fun, get both two cleave trinkets. Had it for one pull, 60% of my damage was Cleave. It felt like the Cleave from one trinket could proc the other trinket, but that could just be my imagination.

Regarding the weapons, we had a boomkin who could easily handle it by him self, and if we just moved fast enough we took barely any damage from it.

I think the optimal range / melee split would be 50/50, but we'll have to wait and see what's gonna be needed for heroic to really tell. Basically any setup will be able to kill Garrosh 10man normal, if they know how to do the fight.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    This is what's wrong with the community in our game right now. People who believe (on both sides of the hardcore/casual divide) that their opinions are more important than somebody elses. Ignorance of an issue has nothing to do with progress or a commitment to high-end raiding; that's just an easy fallback for people who want to pretend they're better people.
    To be fair though in a lot of cases it is just far more difficult to assess on what somebody only playing lfr is basing his opinion on so without really feeling like going further into that this is just something to keep in mind. The situation with ranged classes is definitely strange considering there are already at least two classes that have the same mobility a melee has with 40 yards range and I really have no idea how that should be balanced at least to some degree long term. Suppose everyone should be thankful that hunters at least are pve wise flying somewhat under the radar.
    Anyways while I agree more or less on the issues nothing of this sounds like something that can be fixed on spot. They already approached the haste situation with a bandaid. I still feel that cs should scale better with haste than just increasing the number of eventual white hits for the duration.
    Don't know didn't really have any specific ranged related issues with a four ranged setup on that encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    When facing contradictory sources, in general I will favor first people I KNOW are good warriors, next people who APPEAR to be good, and lastly people who DO NOT look skilled. You don't discount EVERYTHING, but it is definitely of less weight.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-08-02 at 03:17 AM.

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#BiS

Same as its been.. The way they are playing with rppm in 5.4 will make things even worse than they were before. This will take more dps off the pull, for a class that must keep moving and breaking dependant rotation that many have stated above. It will require a fix for base damage.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post

Same as its been.. The way they are playing with rppm in 5.4 will make things even worse than they were before. This will take more dps off the pull, for a class that must keep moving and breaking dependant rotation that many have stated above. It will require a fix for base damage.
    This makes me sad. not only are mages top, but all 3 specs are top 3. They seem to buff and nerf classes specs to match their other specs and not balance classes as you can see dk and warrior's specs are all at the bottom.

Maybe warriors will get love some day

10+ Year Old Account

Linking Noxxic is about as credible as using The Onion as a source in a masters thesis.

Deleted
    Rejoice enhancement shamans, realistically you are the second best damage class in the game!
    On a more serious note, the second change to RPPM mechanics should bring us more in line with other classes, in terms of trinket value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhance puts out some single target dmg. They are just a rare breed. People CRUSH the noxxic realistic DPS. Noxxic is aweful. It is really just a fun toy to get a snapshot. The numbers are no where close to accurate and their guide is......how do you spell atrocious?

I dont think our bis trinkets as of right now are even based on rppm, so fail to see how that's gonna affect our burst much
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    I'm doing real fucking good at the ptr, havent even had the 10% melee haste buff for most part of it
    I don't want to criticize but if you're doing well comparative to just about any other class they're not doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Linking Noxxic is about as credible as using The Onion as a source in a masters thesis.
    No less credible than ANY other atm. If you have one that can adequately separate AOE and non AOE, then link it. The Noxxic page is not far off of where standings are in world of logs.

Deleted
    No less credible than ANY other atm. If you have one that can adequately separate AOE and non AOE, then link it. The Noxxic page is not far off of where standings are in world of logs.
    What? Not far off? Do you see where rogues are? Do you see where Balance is? The only thing where this ranking is not far off is that mages are top of the meter. In a realistic setting you won't have separate AOE and non AOE dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    There IS NO one source. That's the point. 10/25m, heroic/normal, gear levels, what fight, fight length, skill (HUGE) etc etc ALL influence to some extent how well ANY class will perform on ANY fight.