Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The trolls just thrives at these times. They look in their troll bag full of their own reasons to why and their own made up facts to why things happens and post it.

Sadly MMO-Champion has way to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chikuto View Post
    The reason WoW is losing subs is obviously First Aid.

I hate levelling up First Aid. I could be using those mats for AH, or tailoring. First Aid is unbalanced and broken. And I hate it. And so does everyone else. Everyone hates levelling First Aid. No exceptions.

WoW is dying because of First Aid. Spread the word.
    OMG! You're right! First Aid is Satan!

My thanks for the LOLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Well they do not cater to me so it's only natural they lose subs.

But to be honest WoW is just a very old game. It was amazing when it game out but it's just old now. They don't really upgrade it much, just give more of the same and an odd paint job here and there. Time is moving on and I think they're alienating both veteran players and also new ones by constantly changing the pace, catering to casuals, then to hardcores, then to mature players and then to younger ones. It would be fine if they took one direction and just kept at it.
    Design direction is certainly a bit of an issue lately. I think they want to keep as many players as possible but when their data shows one particular demographic is either not logging in as much or just left, they try shift the game's direction to support those kinds of players and try halt them leaving. Sadly, by doing so, it causes others to leave and you end up in a never-ending cycle. It would work better to just pick a direction and stick with it really. Even if you lose some subs, the stability for certain players will mean stable subs at some point.

Rarely updated...

I have to admit I have come to dread when they announce they quarterly subscription drops and how most of the threads drop in IQ and don their tinfoil hats and bitch until the cows come home.

Well played though. You may have missed a few but you nailed it there. WoW is an old lady and can't keep up with the new and tight games that are shipped irronically she also has had the longest shelf life. So she might be scabby but she knows her way around.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    I'm a silly goose! What was I thinking(upward inflection!). LOL.
    All in all, the list pretty much covers it and so long as ducks eat mosquitoes
    people will find something utterly pointless to argue into the ground. Sad. Sad, silly gooses! =)
    (yes, it should be Geese... but come one Gooses is just plain fun to say!)
    I just wanted to agree that Gooses is sooo much more fun to say

Rarely updated...

It is really fun to watch

Oh and you forgot:

* Transmog
    * Guild levels
    * "Cataclysm" Pretty much anything to do with that expansion.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Oh and you forgot:

* Transmog
    * Guild levels
    * "Cataclysm" Pretty much anything to do with that expansion.
    Bah! I'll add them now How could I forget about Cataclysm >_>

Rarely updated...

These threads and reactions are necessary. If the numbers keep dropping so persistently and in large chunks as they have, it means the game will die very soon.
    From 12 million to 7.7 million in 3 years...
    Last edited by Potentio; 2013-07-26 at 11:40 AM.

"who cares, wow died with wrath" ! my favourite

Quote Originally Posted by Chikuto View Post
    The reason WoW is losing subs is obviously First Aid.

I hate levelling up First Aid. I could be using those mats for AH, or tailoring. First Aid is unbalanced and broken. And I hate it. And so does everyone else. Everyone hates levelling First Aid. No exceptions.

WoW is dying because of First Aid. Spread the word.
    that is the only reason that i belive in...
    guess thats why i dont have first aid on most toons :X (Tank warrior , dk , monk , druid )
    they want healer and dont support OP heals like first aid.

on the other side.. well yeah kinda boring the same post after evry sub number drop.. but well its like evrywhere poeple crying "THE END IS NEAR"

QQ PEWPEW

i could not care less i am having fun and probably will continue to have fun

oh and you forgot rogue comunity..

we dont feel loved we cant stunlock kill naked or anything like vanilla... all those sub drops.. ONLY ROGUES !!

improved stealth we have it .

the only thing that makes the game worse than it was is social interaction has lowered. admittedly not all social interaction used to be good, but now it is far less frequent and not always needed. this often makes it hard to find a good guild with the nonstop guild invite spam done by addons which automatically invite you just so they get guild experience or the 10% gold to go in the Gleader's pockets.

If they set it so instead of free guild money from everything to more guild money for guild based events then that might change. I know I for one have struggled to stay active in the past because finding decent guilds is like sifting shit for a nugget of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempestozaur View Post
    No, these threads are entertaining
    Same. I also find it entertaining that someone makes a thread about it, no matter their opinion, thereby creating exactly the thread they were complaining about.

Just grab your popcorn, folks!

The realisation of this is what made me just basically .. laugh at everything. These forums are much easier to swallow if you consider everything as stand-up comedy.
    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

I have seen two threads about how wow is dying, losing subs, basically the Jazz that hit the front page, and SEVEN threads complaining about those people who are complaining, it's like you guys had these queued up and ready to go but overestimated how many posts were actually going to be made then just said w/e I already have this made from last time send er anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I have seen two threads about how wow is dying, losing subs, basically the Jazz that hit the front page, and SEVEN threads complaining about those people who are complaining, it's like you guys had these queued up and ready to go but overestimated how many posts were actually going to be made then just said w/e I already have this made from last time send er anyways.
    Yeah... no. Mine was more pre-emptive if anything

Considering the time difference, I fully expect there to be a great many more threads that are on about the end of WoW by the end of the day. It's an inevitable outcome. As I said in the OP, it WILL happen. It always does. That's kinda my point...

Rarely updated...

The main reason the game is losing subs is basically because it's an old game. Players who've played for years are quitting, there are several alternative MMORPGs to play which there really wasn't back when the game was at its peak, etc.

The game is better now than before. In Vanilla, if you had the best gear you could outside of current raid content, then you only logged on once a week to clear that raid. Now you can farm achievements, actually gear up alts without investing the same time as your main, pvp casually or rated, pet battles, get transmog items, etcetcetcetc. There are way more stuff to do.

The most amusing and pathetic thing I see are the people blaiming LFR. Can one get more clueless?

The vast majority of these threads are created and read by obviously immature people. Don't take this the wrong way, just because your immature doesn't mean your a bad person or stupid. Remember, 12 year olds are immature, it's not their fault.

The point is, this is a GAME and the people playing it are guess what? People.

People change, circumstances change, the game evolves. It's normal. Declining subscribers is a combination of simply life evolving. Nothing (especially a game) can remain at the top forever. Companies get big, then small. Actors get big, then fade. Teams get great, then decline. It's natural.

So, quit thinking it's about some in-game element. It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    One bullet you missed on your list.... Banned Accounts.

No one ever bitches about that when the sub numbers come out, but you bet they
    yell and scream all season long about bots in battle grounds. Does no one ever stop to
    think that maybe, just maybe, some of those sub losses are actually a good thing for us? sheesh
    I actually agree with this assumption. Blizzard DOES actually purge bots on a fairly regular basis, so it makes perfect sense that a lot of those drops in subs could be connected to banned accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat it and I don't read replies because most of the time it's someone who apparently "got their feelings hurt".

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    It was an insane peak, and the odds of another MMO reaching it seem unlikely. Blizzard can always be proud of that
    I think Blizzard would be kidding themselves to think otherwise, WoW may be slowly declining but I think in the big picture Blizzard is just aiming for the game to hold out long enough for Titan to take over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

Considering the amount of active players Blizzard still has, I would never say the game is dying. Just wake up and compare it to any other MMO. The loss of subs is merely a reflect that the game is old, and it lost it's shiny and fresh air.

But let's face it: the new mmo that come out will never be radically different from wow, the model they use (it's kinda their model even if they didn't invent all those ideas) it's widespread all over the gaming community. Besides, in this market, wow comes out to new players as a solid game with a large database, loads of content, and polish structure. So I'd say that until a huge MMO comes out (we've had loads of promises so far, none of them delivered), WoW will always reign alone.