Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Has anyone used the legendary cape proc as a Hunter on the PTR yet?

    I see that people can actually obtain these now. Watched a video of a Ret Pally using the melee cape proc. I was really curious if any Hunters had a chance to check it out and confirm my fear that we have to stand in melee range to use our cape effect.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  2. #2
    why would you ever think we would need to be in melee range for it? lol wtf.

  3. #3
    I got the cloak yesterday evening before the 1 o'clock raid. Here is all the information I can give you so far, only tested as Beast Mastery:

    1. We don't get that cool animation on our back like the other classes, we instead get blue swipes infront of our pet. Same animation as when your pet casts ''claw''. This brings me to my next point.
    2. The proc's cone is infront of our pet. When a Hunter reads the cloak tooltip it specifically states that it deals damage infront of our pet.
    3. The cone is very narrow and only a few yards long. On the middle training dummy in the shrine, it would only reach the middle dummy. Standing between 2 dummies however would make it cleave 2 dummies. Just for comparison, Beast Cleave can hit 3 dummies when attacking the one in the middle.
    4. On single target the proc does about half of our legendary meta's damage. This is with a haste build.
    5. You can't upgrade the cloak on the PTR. I'm not sure if this is going to be changed, but I fear it won't be.
    6. The AoE damage on large packs seem to be absolutely insane. When I pulled about 10 4 million+ mobs on the Timeless Isle, popped Bestial Wrath and spammed Multi-Shot, the proc was 2nd on my total damage done and the pack died really quickly.
    7. The damage on recount at least shows up on the Hunter's damage done and not the pet. Because of this I'm assuming Beast Mastery's mastery and pet related things don't effect it.
    Last edited by Bovan; 2013-07-26 at 05:07 PM.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I got the cloak yesterday evening before the 1 o'clock raid. Here is all the information I can give you so far, only tested as Beast Mastery:

    1. We don't get that cool animation on our back like the other classes, we instead get blue swipes infront of our pet. Same animation as when your pet casts ''claw''. This brings me to my next point.
    2. The proc's cone is infront of our pet. When a Hunter reads the cloak tooltip it specifically states that it deals damage infront of our pet.
    3. The cone is very narrow and only a few yards long. On the middle training dummy in the shrine, it would only reach the middle dummy. Standing between 2 dummies however would make it cleave 2 dummies. Just for comparison, Beast Cleave can hit 3 dummies when attacking the one in the middle.
    4. On single target the proc does about half of our legendary meta's damage. This is with a haste build.
    5. You can't upgrade the cloak on the PTR. I'm not sure if this is going to be changed, but I fear it won't be.
    6. The AoE damage on large packs seem to be absolutely insane. When I pulled about 10 4 million+ mobs on the isle of thunder, popped Bestial Wrath and spammed Multi-Shot, the proc was 2nd on my total damage done and the pack died really quickly.
    7. The damage on recount at least shows up on the Hunter's damage done and not the pet. Because of this I'm assuming Beast Mastery's mastery and pet related things don't effect it.
    So when our pet is traveling to target it can proc and hit nothing? I don't like how it procs off our pet just because blizzard probably made this proc thinking of melee only realizing they forgot about hunters. Meh I'm up in the air about it. But right now thinking that my pet is the source of my legendary cloak proc sucks.

  5. #5
    I did the quest today but I keep getting loads of internal bag errors which made me unable to get the cloak upgrade from the quest.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot View Post
    So when our pet is traveling to target it can proc and hit nothing? I don't like how it procs off our pet just because blizzard probably made this proc thinking of melee only realizing they forgot about hunters. Meh I'm up in the air about it. But right now thinking that my pet is the source of my legendary cloak proc sucks.
    That's correct, although as long as Blink Strikes remains such a strong talent I don't see it being much of an issue.

    I'm on the fence as well. It's going to be a nightmare when you need to switch targets often and have your pet waddle to a new mob. It's also going to suck if your pet happens to stand inside a big pack and only hits a small part of the pack because the other mobs are behind him. On the other hand, this is quite an elegant solution for Hunters.

    I've only done one boss with it so far, but I'll keep this updated.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's correct, although as long as Blink Strikes remains such a strong talent I don't see it being much of an issue.

    I'm on the fence as well. It's going to be a nightmare when you need to switch targets often and have your pet waddle to a new mob. It's also going to suck if your pet happens to stand inside a big pack and only hits a small part of the pack because the other mobs are behind him. On the other hand, this is quite an elegant solution for Hunters.

    I've only done one boss with it so far, but I'll keep this updated.
    will be fine if they remove the CD on BS and only incur a CD if special is made to a player. BS no cd was the best i seen in any talents over the past 6 years.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's correct, although as long as Blink Strikes remains such a strong talent I don't see it being much of an issue.

    I'm on the fence as well. It's going to be a nightmare when you need to switch targets often and have your pet waddle to a new mob. It's also going to suck if your pet happens to stand inside a big pack and only hits a small part of the pack because the other mobs are behind him. On the other hand, this is quite an elegant solution for Hunters.

    I've only done one boss with it so far, but I'll keep this updated.
    Here we go again... Expect blink strikes to be eliminated, instead of the cloak to be corrected...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Here we go again... Expect blink strikes to be eliminated, instead of the cloak to be corrected...
    AMoC got a 40% buff didn't it? Also Bovan obviously the cloak won't be upgradeable because 5.4 item upgrades will come in 5.5.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Also Bovan obviously the cloak won't be upgradeable because 5.4 item upgrades will come in 5.5.
    They actually stated that they wanted to keep the item upgrade system in the game when the patch hits in 5.4. The item upgrader is also still active on the PTR and can be used to upgrade gear.

    What I meant was that I'm not sure if it's just an oversight and that they didn't code the cloaks in yet, or if we simply can't upgrade them because it's ''legendary''.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    AMoC got a 40% buff didn't it? Also Bovan obviously the cloak won't be upgradeable because 5.4 item upgrades will come in 5.5.
    Didn't a tweet from GC confirm that item upgrades will stay in 5.4?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Didn't a tweet from GC confirm that item upgrades will stay in 5.4?
    Well fuck I missed that. I guess SoO will be the easiest raid ever. Retarded ass legendary procs and everyone having 8 higher ilvl than they should, stupidest tier yet. The instance can't even be balanced around the legendary cloaks because they can't assume that everyone has them, otherwise cloaks wouldn't even drop.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    AMoC got a 40% buff didn't it? Also Bovan obviously the cloak won't be upgradeable because 5.4 item upgrades will come in 5.5.
    Amoc is still shit even with the 40% buff. And you can still upgrade old items. Just not items from 5.4 patch/instance.

  14. #14
    I'm not offended by that, honestly. They said they wanted progression through Normal to be a bit smoother so I can see the capes helping with that. If I were the devs I would tune Heroic encounters under the assumption that everyone has their capes.

    And Bovan, thank you for the input. I'm conflicted on how to feel about the implementation but at least now I know I won't have to stand stupid places just on account of the cloak.

    3DS Friendcode: 0705 - 3279 - 0173
    Add me for Pokemon / Bravely Default
    Trainer Name: Bazlyn

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Well fuck I missed that. I guess SoO will be the easiest raid ever. Retarded ass legendary procs and everyone having 8 higher ilvl than they should, stupidest tier yet. The instance can't even be balanced around the legendary cloaks because they can't assume that everyone has them, otherwise cloaks wouldn't even drop.
    Yeah the Item upgrader is still there, but from what I remember they won't have valor venders with current normal ilvl (553 i believe) gear. The upgrader is to balance that feature. It's been a while since I read it, so I could be wrong.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutartwo View Post
    Yeah the Item upgrader is still there, but from what I remember they won't have valor venders with current normal ilvl (553 i believe) gear. The upgrader is to balance that feature. It's been a while since I read it, so I could be wrong.
    Not sure what no valor gear has to do with being able to make your raid drops 8ilvl higher than they should be. Currently my guild is 11/13H and we have an average ilvl of 545 when the instance only drops 541 gear. You can try tell me what you want but it's a simple fact that item upgrades effectively nerf the content, why do you think there was a massive amount of guilds stuck at 1-3/13H at the end of 5.2 then they suddenly started killing new bosses every week in 5.3 until they hit DA and Lei Shen where they can't just faceroll everything. That's what happened to my guild and is what happened to many other guilds that I have friends in.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Well fuck I missed that. I guess SoO will be the easiest raid ever. Retarded ass legendary procs and everyone having 8 higher ilvl than they should, stupidest tier yet. The instance can't even be balanced around the legendary cloaks because they can't assume that everyone has them, otherwise cloaks wouldn't even drop.
    Whoa calm down just a little bit. From someone who has actually done every single tested boss apart from 1 normal mode so far, the difficulty is actually pretty dang good. Even some normals are quite difficult if they were to go live as they were when we tested them. Let's not jump to conclusions untill we actually see the raid.

    As for the cloaks, a guild member told me they found a very elegant and fantastic solution to that problem. It seems like cloaks will only drop in normal mode and/or trash. In heroic all cloaks have been removed from the loot tables. This means that normal mode raiders or people who are just starting to get into raiding will still be able to get a nice high item level cloak. For the majority of us who raid heroic mode, have been raiding a lot in the past or generally people who blitz through normal mode and start on heroics, won't even see any cloaks to disenchant every time one drops. Those people generally have done the whole questline and got their 608 cloaks right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'm conflicted on how to feel about the implementation but at least now I know I won't have to stand stupid places just on account of the cloak.
    That's how I feel about it as well. Thank god we don't either have to stand in melee range or always face what we are attacking without being able to strafe properly. But yea, micromanaging our pet is going to be a lot more annoying than it already was.
    Bovan.9481
    Completed legendaries: Twilight, Sunrise, (Eternity), Incinerator, Bolt, Quip, Frostfang, The Juggernaut, Howler.
    Current projects: Predator and Aether.

  18. #18
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,410
    Seriously our proc is reliant on our pet? My wrists wont make it through the new content if thats the case.

    Hoping they find a way to fix it for hunters.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Well fuck I missed that. I guess SoO will be the easiest raid ever. Retarded ass legendary procs and everyone having 8 higher ilvl than they should, stupidest tier yet. The instance can't even be balanced around the legendary cloaks because they can't assume that everyone has them, otherwise cloaks wouldn't even drop.
    That's a whole lot of bitching without anything to back it up.

  20. #20
    Weren't there problems on couple of encounters where pets were dieing like they are made of paper? Corrupted Shamans and green stuff comes to my mind.

    I didn't test legendary myself, but I fear, not only target switching and "bad stuff where pet dies" are only problems, but also encounters where tanks taunt boss from range (aka Lei Shen).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •