First time in tot normal, need advice, and general tips.

So, i recently joined a guild and proved rather ok and committed, so they invted me to tank tot 10 normal tonight as 2nd tank (the actual 2nd tank is going on his mage because he has some great dps ).
    I've gemed, enchanted and reforged my gear (was required), and i learned the tactics for the first 6 bosses (were just starting progression).
    Any genereal tips you can give me about tot bosses not covered by tankspot?
    And here is my armory Yevta at Frostwhisper EU , i know i don't have full haste, but i'd like to be as durable as i can, because this is my first experiance raiding current content (if hof and msv don't count as of 5.3).

Tell me if i should change some gems or a weapon enchant (it's colossus), maybe more haste gems, would love to hear your opinion.

Also i'm not sure if i should use Spark of Zandalar (raid finder) or Ji-Kun's Rising Winds (raid finder) (my concern is expertise).

Forum didn't let me put links to item or armory.

There's a thread for this, still on the first page.

JiKun rising winds should be vendored.

Spark is your best bet, paired with the SPA Rep trinket (expertise, not mastery).

Colossus is vastly underwhelming since early t14. Use Dancing Steel, or Windsong if you're poor.

CBA to dig around on armory right now, if you post again you can link it (need >10 posts).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

OK, i didn't think about posting to Fix my tanking since i've only tanked in lfr.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yevta/advanced
    Would still love to get opinions, constructive criticism on gems and reforgeing.
    Edit, is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104425/...eapon-windsong or http://www.wowhead.com/item=74727/en...eapon-colossus dancing steel and river's song are way over priced.
    Last edited by JevtaSRB; 2013-07-25 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JevtaSRB View Post
    OK, i didn't think about posting to Fix my tanking since i've only tanked in lfr.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yevta/advanced
    Would still love to get opinions, constructive criticism on gems and reforgeing.
    Edit, is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=104425/...eapon-windsong or http://www.wowhead.com/item=74727/en...eapon-colossus dancing steel and river's song are way over priced.
    It's just where people go to critique/help. These standalone threads end up merged or closed.

River's Song is terrible, and should never be used by anyone. If you can't afford Dancing Steel, get Windsong. Colossus hasn't been useful since early t14.

You've got a lot of avoidance gear. Obviously you're at the mercy of RNJesus when it comes to what drops, but it looks like you're rolling as Prot for a lot of the LFR's. Stop that. The only bosses you should roll Prot for are Iron Qon and Lei Shen; rest are far better rolling as Ret. Since you have a shield already, I'd not even bother rolling Prot on Lei Shen, TBH.

Both those rings are pretty sad; you can get an easy upgrade from valor with the 522 haste/crit ring from SPA.

Trinkets are good, but seeing as how you're at 6% expertise, I'd suggest getting the SPA Expertise trinket.

Your gemming is all over the place. Exp/Haste, Mastery/Sta, etc. It's never worth it to go for an avoidance socket bonus (chest), and I don't personally bother with STR ones either. You've also got the wrong meta.

Talents/glyphs look OK.

Basically, you need to rearrange gear if possible (and buy the recommended items above) to get you to:
    7.5% hit
    7.5% exp (at least)
    Rest into haste.

You can stack exp beyond 7.5, but I'd not worry about that too much at your gear level.

If you can make the Haste/Mastery 522 boots, they will last you until SoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

i'd say with your gear go for those stats:
    Hit 7,5%
    Expertise 7,5/15%
    Haste
    Mastery

and then just focus on using Righteous Hammer before hard hitting physical auto attacks or abilities from the bosses^^ it is quite easy to tank it as protection paladin

you could also go hit > expertise > mastery > haste

it is easyer to play but less effective if you masters the other stat prio^^
    Death Knights never fell to Arthas. We are the once to make him fall!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    Hit 7,5%
    Expertise 7,5/15%
    Haste
    Mastery

and then just focus on using Righteous Hammer before hard hitting physical auto attacks or abilities from the bosses^^ it is quite easy to tank it as protection paladin

mastery > haste is "easier to play"? hmmm id have thought having less uptime on ShotR means timing it for those big boss swings would make it harder tbh.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-07-26 at 08:28 AM.

Don't worry about being squishy, in the content you're doing the amount of healing/shielding/mitigation you'll be doing compared to other tanks is so retarded you'll be a dream to heal once you get your Haste sorted

All of the above is great tips, but if you have problems reaching hit and experisecap, download ReforgeLite. It reforges for you. Im usually a retpaladin, but ret gear is great as a tank. I use reforgeLite to get to cap, and then just gem haste all the way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klieren View Post
    Hit 7,5%
    Expertise 7,5/15%
    Haste
    Mastery

You mean ShotR, not HotR.