Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[ARENA] I felt like a hero when...

Hello fellow PvPers!

Share a story when you felt like a hero in the arena! I have two from recent matches (low rating cause I'm still learning how to play arenas):

Queued Ele (me) - Disc - BM, and our hunter missed the queue. We fought double Unholy DK - Disc, managed to burst 1st DK down in literally 4 globals. My disc buddy forgot to change to PvP glyphs, managed tripple (glyphed lol) fear -> into double capacitor. 2nd DK died 20 secs later (1.7k rating).

Queued Ele - Disc, my disc buddy missed the queue. Fought Arms - Hpala, managed to burst pala down without him even popping bubble (hardcast LvB with mastery proc into LvB proc with mastery and echo procs) while arms was sitting in NS hex (1.6k-ish rating).
    Last edited by mmoc0b587272a8; 2013-07-26 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mezmer1411 View Post
    Hello fellow PvPers!

Share a story when you felt like a hero in the arena! I have two from recent matches (low rating cause I'm still learning how to play arenas):

Queued Ele (me) - Disc - BM, and our hunter missed the queue. We fought double Unholy DK - Disc, managed to burst 1st DK down in literally 4 globals, killed the second DK 20 seconds later (1.7k rating).

Queued Ele - Disc, my disc buddy missed the queue. Fought Arms - Hpala, managed to burst pala down without him even popping bubble while arms was sitting in NS hex (1.6k-ish rating).
    ur ele, u shudve killed the dk in 2 seconds not 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    ur ele, u shudve killed the dk in 2 seconds not 4
    Hahaha yea, he trinketed and popped AMS. Had to break through that 1st, forgot to silence him :P

Ele is so retarded right now. It seems like more a slot machine and less a WoW class. Regardless, congrats. I know the feeling; for me there's nothing better ingame than winning little victories on mindgames and prediction--shadowstepping charge, deathing instant cc, even basic fakecasting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Ele is so retarded right now.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    For me there's nothing better ingame than winning little victories on mindgames and prediction
    That's why I haven't stepped into a raid since T11. PvP feels so much more rewarding to me.

What are your hero stories?

I've got a couple stories

While laddering on our main FMP, we were meeting a triple rank 1 RPS who were playing absolutely flawlessly. We lost 0-2 or 0-3 to them because of their healer swaps, in a game on blades edge we managed to pull out a win after our healer died. The first kill we scored was 20 seconds after our priest got swapped to, and the second kill was a minute after that.
    (You can watch it if you're interested: here)

Second story is similar to yours, although it's not actually me being a Hero it's my partner. We were playing FMP on the tournament realm, and I was in a pretty hardcore duel so I skipped the queue to finish it. Gates opened (our team couldn't see what they were against) and it was a Ret Hunter Priest. They bursted our Priest down in the opener and our mage won 1v3. Killed the Hunter with a PoM sheep on healer and a deep+orb, kited the Ret for a minute and did exactly the same again to him.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-07-26 at 02:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in wrath I 1v2 a rogue and Priest, on dk. Two times in a row:}. My mistweaver also 1v2ed 2 frost mages.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

me on enh vs hpal in 2s, both our partners dead, i spirit walkers rez my teammate before him, shock the rez, gg.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Deleted
    Tbh pure dmg output cannot impress me, nice spellreflects and a good dark sim or winning 1 v 2 with smart cc's that is what pvp should be about. Sadly pvp has not been about that maybe ever.

Whenever i play 2s and we are under constant pressure (my healer oom, me peeling and trying not to die myself). Then suddenly we manage a nice counter and kill one of them totally unexpected

Sad thing is, the contrary happens to often against hunter/disc. We feel we totally got it and are superior and they just get a scatter-trap-fear-mc-silence shot-pet stun of and no matter how the game looked like before we get owned

Kinda in the same situation as you OP.

I have an ele, doing 3's with disc/hunter/ele and apparently my hunter partner got globaled by god comp (spriest/Frost mage/disc) in nearly 5 seconds. After our hunter buddy got globaled, i avenged him by globaling the Frost mage with my lucky RNG procs, he didn't even have time to ice block! MAN that felt good.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-27 at 05:27 AM.

I 1v2 2 pallys after my mage friend died, they both had bubble and i still came out on top. Full cata gear rogue in 4.3.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    back in cata - playing tsg vs tsg, and reflecting a death grip so the dk was caught in hungering cold along with his healer, leading to us killing the warrior

Deleted
    rolling a first time unholy and soloing a mage/spriest. gotta love the cap bracket

I felt like a hero in WotLK times, I won a few arenas while I was alone. Even vs 2 rogues, in WotLK it required to be strategic, instead of using all your CDs and "faceroll" someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I felt like a hero in WotLK times, I won a few arenas while I was alone. Even vs 2 rogues, in WotLK it required to be strategic, instead of using all your CDs and "faceroll" someone.
    Not really, i remember assassin rogues spamming 5k envenoms while warriors struggle to pull off a 3k crit, aye... good times.

One time in BC I got a rez timer in a 5's match.

Oh, wait. You said hero?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Couple of weeks back was doing some two's on my mage with my priest mate (disc/fire) we were hovering around 1700mmr due to low gear as we were both cwtching up from not playing the start of this season and constantly queing into rbg guys in full tyranical.

Anyways we came up against sp/rogue and they raped my priest in the opener I was lucky enough with my peels to at least get their trinkets so when theys switched to me I literally blew everything on the rogue and took him to 10% before the priest silenced me and the rogue kited off. Luckily the tard lined his priest enough for me to come out of the silence and get db off and the rogue died of combust pyro dot lol. The priest then went super aggressive as I was on 40% hp. Big mistake I kited and spell stole like a boss untill deep was back up and got him with a nice double pyro combust combo. He would have beat me if he had just played safe and dotted, lined and off healed.

Reason why I felt like a hero is when my partner died she was like "ugghh im off to get a drink" and when she got back I was like we won I 2v1'd them :-D

Deleted
    I was in a 5s game with WW monk (me), disc priest, resto druid, BM and ret. The BM and ret were bursting so hard they werent focusing on our healers to peel and both our healers died in an avg of 5 sec from eachother. now it was me the BM and the ret. They did get a healer down during their burst so it was 3v4, our BM and ret died but their healer and one of the dps was really low health. I managed to get a lucky rising sun crit off on the healer and finished him with a touch of death. So it was now 1v3. Their mage was really low HP so i just tunneled him and managed to kill him (he had no cds so wasn't too hard). Now they had a ele sham and a warrior left. This is where it gets interesting. I managed to get the ele really low with pillarhumping and slowing and cc'ing the warrior. When I finally got my cds back up i tunneled the shaman and got him in touch of death range. Then the warrior intervened the shaman to get to me just before i did touch of death. I oneshotted the warrior from 100% to 0% and killed off the already low HP shaman! Did a nice 1v4 there with a lot of luck =D

Last week pushing 2k ret/mm (yeeeebuddy)/disc. Faced enhance mirror, hit the windows key came back after like 3 sec pops ascendance as soon as I get back and counter pressure with cd's and I get 4 crits of 90k+ on this shammy and the 3s ended in less than ten sec.

Also up against LSD2 aka insta gib comp. I'm tunneling lock and my hunter is tunneling ele. And we stay split almost the entire maybe landed 5 kills counterd by shrooms dark bargin lucky crits. Finnaly they turn the tides on my hunter who is getting tunneled by ascendance disengages behind a pillar. I sac my heals and we spam 100k flash 60k wog 3 holy power and 25k 2 holy power and turn ariund and kill the shaman and the lock 1sec or less apart . GG LSD2