Elemental Devastation

Why was Elemental Devastation removed from the passives of enhance when the transition between cata and mop happened. does anyone have a answer or a blue post, cause i started playing enhance in pvp and noticed i don't have this 9% crit that i normally have had previously through out wotlk and cata. Ty in advance.

Deleted
    They removed nearly all passive stat buffs like x% crit. And honestly, don't miss it. We are not having real crit dependant gameplay and scaling is worse when you have more passive crit.

They took out all passives which add effects which can be gotten by primary/secondary stats. Many classes lost their passive haste, crit, all damage % increase passives with mop. Their[blizz] justification was to bake numbers directly into abilities and also remove the polarisation effect to a specific stat due to marginalisation of others.

The only classes which have passive haste/crit/mastery atm are mage and haste for paladin, but theirs come from armors/stances and are not passives in of themselves and are critical in the class functioning (e.g. crit for fire mage), unlike crit for enhancement which was mostly just for straight up damage/healing output without any intricate relationships to other passives/procs.

Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    ...unlike crit for enhancement which was mostly just for straight up damage/healing output without any intricate relationships to other passives/procs.
    Flurry procs from melee crits, and hastens the next five white swings, as well as giving us an additional 50% benefit from haste, which also affects flame shock damage, primal fire elemental damage, etc.

At the risk of nitpicking, I'd call that an intricate relationship to a proc. Or, were you referring to what the 9% crit passive did, in the past? If so, then disregard all of this.

For the OP, note that this doesn't mean we're supposed to stack crit. Crit still falls slightly behind haste and mastery in general value to us, but it's also why rune of re-origination is such a terrible trinket for us.

Also, Crit is arguably better to stack, than haste or mastery, at blue-heroic dungeon gear levels, due to our crit being so pitiful at that gear. Once anyone hits tier 14 or higher, we have enough crit from agi, and the remaining crit after reforging to either mastery or haste.
    Last edited by Embermoon; 2013-07-26 at 05:01 PM.

I really liked elemental devastation.

Gave some really cool synergy between our melee and magical attacks.