Rogues in Proving Grounds (the new 5.4 solo test)

Anyone have thoughts/advice on how to get gold as mutilate spec? I can do this on my pvp-geared monk, but can't do it on my pvp-geared rogue (PvP gear not by choice, I simply don't have any PvE gear to choose from). Perhaps we could use a thread where people give tips and tricks that work for them?

Deleted
    I had a question on the rogue in proving grounds :
    Do you really do it all by yourself, with nothing to tank the mobs ?

Because I can see that sometimes a rogue needs to face mobs alone, in kiting situation or if mobs are weak enough, but most of the times, you dps mobs on the tank, or bring them to him with tricks of the trade.

If the proving grounds is to be a mean to improve yourself in pve situation, and all they do is pit you against mobs you have to kill and survive by yourself, you won't learn much on how to play in a group.
    You don't play the same way at all when you have to survive alone and when you have to kill them without taking agro.

Yep... But the mobs don't attack you.

There's no damage. The way they make you move is by having debuffs that you can avoid (stuns, -hit%), and casts to interrupt. The object is to beat the clock. Each wave has a timer, and if you don't kill the mobs fast enough, the round is over.

Survival isn't a factor at all. You want to take recuperate/feint/etc off your bars, and gem/enchant for pure damage.

Even though the mobs don't attack, it doesn't feel cheesy (to me at least) - it's still hella-hectic and frustrating and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    I had a question on the rogue in proving grounds :

Because I can see that sometimes a rogue needs to face mobs alone, in kiting situation or if mobs are weak enough, but most of the times, you dps mobs on the tank, or bring them to him with tricks of the trade.

If the proving grounds is to be a mean to improve yourself in pve situation, and all they do is pit you against mobs you have to kill and survive by yourself, you won't learn much on how to play in a group.
    You don't play the same way at all when you have to survive alone and when you have to kill them without taking agro.
    You will have friendly NPCs filling other necessary roles at times.

That said, they are programmed to be stupid on purpose. It's your job to stay alive when things go wrong.

Deleted
    Wow, nice !
    Now I'm hyped to get into it ! Thanks for the answer.

Quick update - I used a premade toon so that I could regem/enchant/etc. Makes a world of difference. It still wasn't "easy", but gold was definitely doable, and I ended up the night almost clearing wave 5 of endless.