Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Angry Death knights and their self healing.

    Hello everyone!

    As you might have read from the title, this is about Death knights self healing!
    Am i the only one who thinks it a bit op? Death strike and Conversion?
    It's like a healer in battlegrounds, aswell as they do way to much damage with obliterate in frost spec.
    I admit frost dks, who uses frost pressence can be kinda squishy but dont you guys think their self healing is a bit op. especially again "only melee classes)

  2. #2
    jk ams broken in 2 gcds.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rennes, France
    Posts
    64
    Death strike is ridiculous for frost.

    Well, with conversion & blood presence it's true you can outplay bad melees as frost (perma snares and enough runic power from range attacks). But you can't outheal any serious damage dealer this way, conversion is not high enough.

    And if you play in blood presence and conversion, your dps is lacking (so you cannot perform the only thing frost dk is able to do well : Damage)

  4. #4
    You want to know who really has broken self healing? Ferals and balance Druids with HotW. Speaking from a mage and warlock perspective, DK healing seems fine, but admittedly I don't know what it's like for other melee.
    Last edited by Ripley6174; 2013-07-26 at 03:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,515
    Frost dk qq? check
    random bg? check

    nah, you just suck. Dks have no reliable defensive CDs so they need to stack conversion to stay alive. Also frost dk is probably one of the worst melees for any kind of proper arena gameplay.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  6. #6
    Dks ?! Ahahahahaha. Unholy/frost have infinitely worse self heals and survivability than ww monks. Seriously, if you have issues with dk self heals, you are terribad.

    I play a ww monk currently. I have rerolled from unholy dk because they suck in 1v1 against a lot of classes and was getting sick being facerolled by 4 classes 24/7. At least as monk I only get facerolled by hunters and mages and I have a good chance to beat a mage.
    Last edited by Noggis; 2013-07-26 at 04:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    nah, you just suck.
    this made me laugh

  8. #8
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,515
    I play a ww monk currently. I have rerolled from unholy dk because they suck in 1v1 against a lot of classes and was getting sick being facerolled by 4 classes 24/7. At least as monk I only get facerolled by hunters and mages and I have a good chance to beat a mage.
    yeah, monks are a damn good 1v1 class and can get pretty sick in 2s. Too bad they fail in 3s.

    jk ams broken in 2 gcds.
    yeah, AMS is terrible. its a better tool for tunneling to get you immune from cc then something to keep you alive
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    yeah, monks are a damn good 1v1 class and can get pretty sick in 2s. Too bad they fail in 3s.
    Works for me. I only care about 1v1 and rbgs and only do 2s for cap. If Blizzard keeps this pvp balance for monks, I'm fine with it.

  10. #10
    Umm, I have actually taken death strike off my bars. It has not been even remotely useful since wrath. Conversion is like 8k a second if you are in blood presence and it makes you do way less damage. I am not sure what DKs you have been playing, but I suspect that perhaps you did not notice the guy wearing the dress in the back?

  11. #11
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    death strike lol

    if you can't out dps conversion in 3s youre probably either playing a really shitty dot cleave (im looking at you, spriest boomie), or youre playing double healer and shouldn't be on the dk in the first place, if neither, you probably don't know how to play your class

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    death strike lol

    if you can't out dps conversion in 3s youre probably either playing a really shitty dot cleave (im looking at you, spriest boomie), or youre playing double healer and shouldn't be on the dk in the first place, if neither, you probably don't know how to play your class
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Frost dk qq? check
    random bg? check

    nah, you just suck. Dks have no reliable defensive CDs so they need to stack conversion to stay alive. Also frost dk is probably one of the worst melees for any kind of proper arena gameplay.
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.¨

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,802
    Quote Originally Posted by Utakatarocks View Post
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.¨
    I r melee with out any spell damage, and I don't have a problem with DK's. WHAT NOW HOMEY?
    I'm also average at best at Pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Beggars
    Destiny

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Utakatarocks View Post
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.¨
    i'm not very interested in the question you're asking op, but i thought it was funny that you are telling people that you're talking about 1v1 against melee without any spell damage when you never even said that in your original post. so after people give you feedback about your original post, you call them retarded and copy and paste it to multiple people. if you want proper responses about 1v1 or whatever, you should probably write that in your original post, don't you think?

  15. #15
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Utakatarocks View Post
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.
    wait people take 1v1 and random bgs seriously?

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    5,977
    no, not really
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    death strike lol

    if you can't out dps conversion in 3s youre probably either playing a really shitty dot cleave (im looking at you, spriest boomie), or youre playing double healer and shouldn't be on the dk in the first place, if neither, you probably don't know how to play your class
    You'd be surprised how good boomkins can performe if played by a good players. A boomkin farmed the living hell out of Hydra, Braindeadly and Jimos to other day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    wait people take 1v1 and random bgs seriously?
    Becuase they are too part of the game. 1v1 is one thing but the majority of PvP players play BG's, not arenas.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    wait people take 1v1 and random bgs seriously?
    wait people take wow pvp seriously? thats sad, obviously never played a real pvp game.

    at least the guys doing honor duels with balancing rules, are making an effort in the right direction.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    You want to know who really has broken self healing? Ferals and balance Druids with HotW. Speaking from a mage and warlock perspective, DK healing seems fine, but admittedly I don't know what it's like for other melee.
    let me tell you then, cause till 5.3 i played to tyrannical gladiator with both, feral/resto druid and frost/uh dk.

    Because, we talking about a 1vs1 situation and no team pvp obviously it looks like that, if you are a frost dk and face a pvp expierenced and geared feral you are dead in about 5 seconds. Cd stacking, "battle cat" form and the burst damage is that high that the frost dk can only die, this in combination with high dot bleeds. Kiting will not work at all. The little bit desperate dmg the frost dk trys to do will be healed away by feral passive heals, and if there is more dmg it can be actively healed away, too with an instant.*yawn*

    whenever i am a dk and face ferals i won't play frost. i play unholy. unholy is the spec that can bring them down as they do reliable constant dmg, have more stuns that bothers druids the most and better selfhealing + can stay in blood presence. Wouldn't say frost is exactly a good duel spec, wouldn't bother with it, its for rbgs.

    i excluded tank specs for obvious reasions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Dks ?! Ahahahahaha. Unholy/frost have infinitely worse self heals and survivability than ww monks. Seriously, if you have issues with dk self heals, you are terribad.

    I play a ww monk currently. I have rerolled from unholy dk because they suck in 1v1 against a lot of classes and was getting sick being facerolled by 4 classes 24/7. At least as monk I only get facerolled by hunters and mages and I have a good chance to beat a mage.
    well you are terribad too, cause unholy dks are one of the best duel classes and can win against everyone. They only share the weakness of not beeing able to insta burst someone, like mages and hunters can do. And playing WW monk in duels is for noobs. Everyone and their mom's know they are the op melee class in duels, cause of their ridiculous def cds, selfheals and dmg.

    U should have L2P your damn uh dk.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Utakatarocks View Post
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.
    You're kind of retarded im talking about 1v1 from a only melee perspective without any spell dmg.¨
    As we all know, 1v1 is serious business and should be balanced around.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    well you are terribad too, cause unholy dks are one of the best duel classes and can win against everyone. They only share the weakness of not beeing able to insta burst someone, like mages and hunters can do. And playing WW monk in duels is for noobs. Everyone and their mom's know they are the op melee class in duels, cause of their ridiculous def cds, selfheals and dmg.

    U should have L2P your damn uh dk.
    Uh dks can win against everyone yet ww monk are the ones who are OP.

    Insert Logic to continue.

    Bet you are one of those guys who calls people noobs after they beat you in a duel. LMFAO.
    Last edited by Noggis; 2013-07-28 at 04:20 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •