Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I don't advocate for equal rights in terms of crimes, that's an assumption you make.
    Thats the Definition of a sexist.

revenge by itself is a bad principle... somewhere we have to break the chain of hate or were kinda doomed as race! So I won't even get started on rape...

I agree with of freedom deprivation as a mean to protect the innocent for ppl that don't change or are beyond repair. I agree with ppl repaying, voluntary when they do bad and admit it. I don't agree with punishment as a being justice.

Imprisonment should be only to protect ppl or to reeducate ppl, not as a punishment.
    And to me this is more than just semantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Thats the Definition of a sexist.
    How is it sexist? I make no difference between women and men when it comes to crimes. If you think a certain crime should be compared equally to another crime which is vile - guess what, I won't agree. I'll see rape as worse than someone cutting a dick off, no matter if it's a male or female doing it.
    Close your eyes and smile.
    [15:53] <PizzaSHARK> you have such a cute accent! ^_^

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    I don't advocate for equal rights in terms of crimes, that's an assumption you make.
    The fact you would want a rapist castrated or killed shows much of who you are.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

How is it sexist? I make no difference between women and men when it comes to crimes. If you think a certain crime should be compared equally to another crime which is vile - guess what, I won't agree. I'll see rape as worse than someone cutting a dick off, no matter if it's a male or female doing it.
    What is worse forced sterilisation or Rape?

What is worse forced sterilisation or Rape?
    I view rape as pretty much just above murder as killing someone can be justified, rape can not, so that's a stupid thing to ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The fact you would want a rapist castrated or killed shows much of who you are.
    Why should a rapist deserve any kindness from me?
    Last edited by Tiili; 2013-07-26 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I have spoken to a few British ex-prisoners and they say it is very rare, rapists soon get dealt with by other prisoners.
    A lot of things get dealt with by other prisoners.

The problem in the US is that gangs operating within prisons have a lot of power due to corruption and etc.

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Why should a rapist deserve any kindness from me?
    Who are you to decide judgment on a rapist via forced sterileization/killing? You're vengeful.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Who are you to decide judgment on a rapist via forced sterileization/killing? You're vengeful.
    So what if I'm "vengeful"? Rapists should deseve no kindness from anyone. They should be thrown out from society, if not downright murdered. They have no place in society.

Rape culture ?! Who the hell came up with this notion anyway ?! There is no such thing as rape culture. Rape happens, it has always happened and it will happen, it doesn't make it part of some culture. How about murder culture, then ? Or thieving culture ? Hell, how about class skipping culture ?

Rape is amongst a few other things that's frowned upon also by prisoners. Criminals within prisons and in a broader view do have something like a code of honor.
    That honor code is usually consisted of any crime against the weak and helpless is condemned.
    Hence why child molesters are very much in danger, when imprisoned. But they don't have to fear to get raped. They have to fear other physical punishment, including death.
    Rapists as much, walking on very thin ice in that regard. Substantially it boils down to whom they've raped, and under what circumstances as well.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I think a Rape culture is when People think that Death or robbing your Ability to have Children is better than being forced to have sex.
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-07-26 at 05:46 PM.

Er... before we delve into barbaric religiously motivated agendas (eye for an eye, as practiced in the middle east largely) I'll stay on topic.

-

On Reddit there was recently an American ex prisoner, he served around 30 years - and he delved into many areas relating to prison.

Specifically prison rape - it's non existent pretty much he claimed, only lifers would rape others so to speak - the majority would go to those who are *gay* and get there share of the action willingly through payment.

It exists he says, but nowhere on the scale the public thinks - the majority of rapists in the US system would get shanked otherwise.

I'll find the iama if i can - he runs the excon sub on reddit also iirc.

I think a Rape culture is when People think that Death or robbing your Ability to have Children is better than being forced to sex.
    Being forced to sex?

This is "being forced to sex"?: *snip*

You think the victim doesn't get injured?
    Last edited by Chelly; 2013-07-26 at 09:19 PM. Reason: removed image

Personally I think most straight men would prefer to be viciously raped rather than have the most precious cut off...

Then again, I am pretty sure you see genocide or your every day homicide to be a lesser crime than rape. To say that rape is worse than losing your arm, your leg or any other part of your body is batshit insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Personally I think most straight men would prefer to be viciously raped rather than have the most precious cut off...
    And that's up to them to believe. What they believe doesn't affect my beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Then again, I am pretty sure you see genocide or your every day homicide to be a lesser crime than rape.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.
    Last edited by Tiili; 2013-07-26 at 05:48 PM.

So what if I'm "vengeful"? Rapists should deseve no kindness from anyone. They should be thrown out from society, if not downright murdered. They have no place in society.
    Because human society recognizes the right of every person to redemption. There is no room for vengeance in civilized societies. Punishments aren't enacted out of vengeance but to protect the society from a dangerous individual by locking him/her up or executing them if they are past redemption and still dangerous. This is why every criminal has the right to a defender, a prosecutor and a council of people who will decide his/her guilt, also a judge who will decide the appropriate punishment in accordance with the law. Even when a crime is clear, there is not always evidence of truly evil intent and not just stupidity or a moment's lapse in judgment.

The eye for an eye way of doing things belongs in the middle ages. Hell, even then you could get hanged for just stealing a pig.

Prison rape is not a problem in Sweden, as Rich said, it seems to be USA & Eastern europe that have those problems. I can't say I have much sympathy for people who have raped though, had it been up to me they would be castrated or killed.

It's not really a problem here. The problem is too many people watch tv shows like Oz and think it's real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_..._United_States
    A United States Department of Justice report, Sexual Victimization in Prisons and Jails Reported by Inmates, states that "In 2011-12, an estimated 4.0% of state and federal prison inmates and 3.2% of jail inmates reported experiencing one or more incidents of sexual victimization by another inmate or facility staff in the past 12 months or since admission to the facility, if less than 12 months." [2] However, advocates dispute the accuracy of the numbers, saying they seem to under report the real numbers of sexual assaults in prison, especially among juveniles.[3]

A meta-analysis published in 2004 found a prevalence rate of 1.91% with a 95% confidence interval between 1.37–2.46%.[4]

In a survey of 1,788 male inmates in Midwestern prisons by Prison Journal, about 21% claimed they had been coerced or pressured into sexual activity during their incarceration, and 7% claimed that they had been raped in their current facility.[5]

According to the study conducted by the United States Department of Justice for the year 2006, there were 2,205 allegations of inmate-on-inmate non-consensual sexual acts reported in the U.S. prison system, 262 of which were substantiated]
    262=11.8 % = 88% false reports o.O

Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.
    Well Tili what you did there is a crime here and its hard to not get an infraction for calling you out for this shit.
    Last edited by Davillage; 2013-07-26 at 05:50 PM.