1. #1

    Question Feral or DK? in 3s 5.4

    so i'm playing arenas with 2 friends and we want to push some rating next patch. now i play with a aflilock and disc priest.
    i myself play Feral and DK. now the most logic setup to me seems to be: shadowcleave with unholy/afli/disc (maybe frost in 5.4 i dunno yet what it will do).
    but feral/afli/disc also seems to work verry good atm in 5.3.
    so i know feral is OP right now but they will be nerfed a bit in 5.4. the outtake of NS and Cyclone is probably gonna hurt allot for 3s.
    now i know that you gotta play what you like the most, thats what i Always say, but tbh i dont mind so much, because i love both classes,
    so i realy want to know what you guys think is the better class for the ***/lock/priest

    also for those comps, would u guys rather have a disc or a resto shammy?
    because my healer is also playing both classes and wants to play what is better atm.

    so: DK/Lock/Disc-Shammy or Feral/Lock/Disc-shammy? let me know what you guys think is the better setup?
    help me out plz

  2. #2
    Hey Dudie,

    I think the stronger comp will PROBABLY be Shadowcleave (DK/Lock/Healer). DK should probably be unholy, and lock affi. The pressure will be insane. Feral might work okay, but the loss of instant cyclone is a big nerf for them next patch. Their damage will still be great though!

    I think you ought to run with a shaman instead of a disc. Warlock/shaman synergy is pretty good, and combined with the DKs crazy spread damage, the comp will be definitely viable next season, as far as I can see. Plus, the priest's fear DRs with nearly all of the lock's CC, so that's another drawback.

    The only issue with playing these comps is that you will be weak against melee cleave teams, but the pressure your team puts out still puts you in a good position. Anyways, good luck!

  3. #3
    thx for your reply m8,
    this is some great feedback, somthing i can work with.
    the CC, specialy fear and the DR, was exactly the problem we also faced. so i guess i have to go boost a little shammy to get him full tyranical :P

    thx allot for the feedback, appreciated!

  4. #4
    Pretty much what Attractive said. Warlocks are already powerhouses and they will be even better with 5.4 and Shadowcleave is better than Feral/Lock/healer. I'd stick with Unholy and keep the Disc.

  5. #5
    ok so the DK part is clear, but now i'm getting confused what the healer should be
    i understand the points that Attractive is pointing out, but why do you (Gestapo) think disc will be better?
    cos i kinda get that its hard to keep those fears apart that they dont get DR

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrion View Post
    ok so the DK part is clear, but now i'm getting confused what the healer should be
    i understand the points that Attractive is pointing out, but why do you (Gestapo) think disc will be better?
    cos i kinda get that its hard to keep those fears apart that they dont get DR
    Usually I would say shammy is better for this comp, but with how strong disc is at the moment I would lean towards that. That could all change before next patch but currently disc looks much stronger than rsham.Just my opinion

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by briggz View Post
    Usually I would say shammy is better for this comp, but with how strong disc is at the moment I would lean towards that. That could all change before next patch but currently disc looks much stronger than rsham.Just my opinion
    True atm Disc > Shaman quite sure but when Locks get stronger (as they will), that's a shaman buff aswell as they can deal best with locks due to Grounding/Shock/Tremor, much better than a disco.

    If next season gets dominated by Lock teams than shaman will be the clear choice, if not Disc will most likely be better.

    But at this point in time we will have to wait for further PTR patches, testing and see what happens next season.
    I don't think anyone can tell with 100% accuracy what healer to go with atm.

    I'm sorry if this answer doesn't quite tell you what you're looking for, but it's the best I can come up with atm

    <3 for Shyama for this signature!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chyrion View Post
    ok so the DK part is clear, but now i'm getting confused what the healer should be
    i understand the points that Attractive is pointing out, but why do you (Gestapo) think disc will be better?
    cos i kinda get that its hard to keep those fears apart that they dont get DR
    My reply was only based on current strength and lack of changes for disc on the PTR. Briggz and Proudsnout hit the nail on the head. I think you'll have to wait and see.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Proudsnout View Post
    True atm Disc > Shaman quite sure but when Locks get stronger (as they will), that's a shaman buff aswell as they can deal best with locks due to Grounding/Shock/Tremor, much better than a disco.

    If next season gets dominated by Lock teams than shaman will be the clear choice, if not Disc will most likely be better.

    But at this point in time we will have to wait for further PTR patches, testing and see what happens next season.
    I don't think anyone can tell with 100% accuracy what healer to go with atm.

    I'm sorry if this answer doesn't quite tell you what you're looking for, but it's the best I can come up with atm
    Just wanted to add that I basically agree with this 100% and was well said. When I first responded it was from my phone at work, so I didnt really give a full answer. I think we basically both agree that this decision cant be fully made until 5.4 drops. I would suggest to the OP to have his healer gear both toons so they have the option come 5.4

  10. #10
    well thx again for the feedback all
    I've been checking other forums and threads and they also have some good agruments,
    for example the priest buffs where "from darkness comes light" will now proc almost on everyting :P (kinda)
    but still the synergy with locks is better with shammy, thats a clear point.
    annyways, been running with Shammy last night to get him some gear atleast, and trying to get him full(ish) geared
    befor 5.4 hits.

  11. #11
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,692
    Pick my class/comp threads ain't really allowed so I'm going to close this. However feel free to discuss 5.4 comps over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...omeback-comps!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •