Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    i agree with ur points m8

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    If there is a single word or two that describes what ruined WoW its "accessibility" or "more accessibility".

    MMOs as a genre have always thrived on the exclusivity factor. Remember when I first started playing the game. There was a rogue decked out in Ulduar gear that was standing in Stormwind and I was just in awe looking at her. This was when I was probably in the very low levels. I never knew or even expected what I would have to go through or what raiding would be like.

    Now almost everyone has access to gear. And don’t tell me that gear doesn’t matter or Heroic raiders have “heroic” written on the item. It matters a lot and always has. Raiding simply became more accessible as expansions were released. And that is just to do with raiding.

    The game as a whole is simply accessible to everyone and anyone with no effort required. There is nothing that distinguishes one from the other.
    Haha, same for me. I remember my first character ever. A Nightelf Druid, the ability to transform fascinated me. I remember being so eager to do my bear form quest in moonglade. This is what I miss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I have to say, I disagree with almost everything.

    Dailies - Again, entirely optional, haven't done any dailies in months no idea what the point is in complaining about them. They're kinda just there, but they're entirely optional. Dailies will never be fun, it doesn't matter how they're implemented, they simply won't be fun, it's just a pointless grind.
    Sounds like you didn't pve much in 5.0
    Dailies were basically required to get epics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    PvP - Never had a problem with gold personally in PvP, but I also don't only do PvP. I make my gold from killing raid bosses, plus with guild repairs it isn't a problem at all. And you can queue for BGs/arenas from anywhere in the world, before you had to queue at certain NPCs that were always in major towns, no idea what you're talking about here.
    Hmm, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley, Warsong Gulch. Those weren't in capital towns. Did you play before Cataclysm?

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Being able to queue with people from diff realms, and having the raid change depending on how many people you have.
    Don't quote me on this but I think with VR being implemented, you will most likely be able to raid anything with people from other servers come next patch. As for why they are leaving normal and heroic with exact numbers: probably tuning. We know that flex mode will be more forgiving than normal or heroic, so they can get away with a little flexibility in the raid composition in terms of something like the dps to healer ratio.

    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    World PVP is dead, that's the problem. Mists of Pandaria was supposed to fix that problem, but after the first week when everyone
    stopped leveling and then next patch when sha and galleon died, everyone was standing in shrine.
    Oh, you didn't mention world pvp in your post so I didn't know it had anything to do with this. It's not like it's a source of gold or anything anyways.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I dare you to come play on my server for a month. Let's see how long you last without resorting to those two things.
    Theres plenty of other ways to fix this...people don't play on populated server for pvp nor pvp, so your logic is retarded.

  5. #25
    Yes and no to all of these points (except subscription).
    LFD- messed up server identity. Oh, and world pvp, really, run in a portal to heal is all that happens. Or gank. Mostly gank.

    Flying- messed with exploration. It wasn't a problem at first, only being able to get it basically at max level. (60/68 for cold weather).

    Heroic- yeah, ulduar mechanics would be nice, even if it were 'push the big red button'. But didn't TOC/TOGC involve the flick of a switch as well?

    LFR- yeah, it could be a bit more difficult; however, it is the people's fault for their mentality and overall toxicity that makes LFR suck

    sub- isn't the helm account wide, rather than a single item, similar to mounts/past pets? Don't you get like 50 toons max on an account, so the more toons you get, the cheaper it is relative to a single item (like if you were to buy all of them it for...$1 each, compared to $15 for all)

    Dailies- meh, personal preference. Sucks for alts, though.

    pvp- gold, you know you can buy cheap honor gear from classic/bc and sell them for a decent amount. Slow, but it is a source. Oh, and darkmoon faire insignias from looting pvp corpses, of course if there is demand.

    Edit: formatting/ease on eyes

  6. #26
    Fluffy Kitten Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,541
    You forgot the words "For me" at the end of the OP. Rucati already covered my views on why I disagree with you, and to be perfectly blunt, LFD/LFR saved the game for me after spending BC catching shit for having the audacity to look for 5-man groups as a DPS warrior and most of Cata getting shit in groups for not having CC (and I hadn't been bothered with raiding between the end of BC and LFR release outside fun runs of old content mostly because I prefer spending my evenings doing what I want, not what someone halfway across the planet thinks I should be doing). Another expansion of that and I'll be more than happy to leave the game and find something else to occupy my evenings, Lord knows I have enough games on Steam and for my PS2 that that won't be an issue. I won't even come here spamming WoWGen with threads extolling why becoming part of a periphery demographic is the reason WoW is dying, or how removing the things I dislike personally will cause some resurgence of masochists.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  7. #27
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I think with VR being implemented, you will most likely be able to raid anything with people from other servers come next patch. As for why they are leaving normal and heroic with exact numbers: probably tuning. We know that flex mode will be more forgiving than normal or heroic, so they can get away with a little flexibility in the raid composition in terms of something like the dps to healer ratio.



    Oh, you didn't mention world pvp in your post so I didn't know it had anything to do with this. It's not like it's a source of gold or anything anyways.
    That is the general idea of Virtual Realm Merging. Sharing raid, guild, AH, arena, city, events.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  8. #28
    Warchief Statix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    [B]

    Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    Cataclysm revamped an entire world that we used to love, but they decided to hand out flying mounts at level 60 and increase the rate of quests, not only did this force us to skip over alot of great towns, forests, villages, caves, but it also pushed us out of the "NEW" questing zones alot faster because Exp was too low. Removing flying from kalimdor and eastern kindgoms until level 80, instead of 60.
    Honestly dude, what the hell difference would it make changing flying in Easteran Kingdoms and Kalimdor from 60 to 80? Once you are 60, you head to Outland and at 70 to Northrend. You don't come back to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor until you are level 80.

    All this bullshit about flying mounts having to be removed; I'm sick of it. Imagine having to use a ground mount to run from the Shrine to the portal to the Isle of Thunder in Townlong Steppes, or run to Sha of Anger. Or, to level in Mount Hyjal. Flying mounts are one of the best things WoW has to offer.

    Blizzard tried to milk World of Warcraft and it slapped them in the face. And for crying out loud, improve the graphics. We're still playing with 10 year old graphics. A new game would get laughed at if it had graphics like WoW does.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-07-27 at 12:03 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu125 View Post
    LFR- yeah, it could be a bit more difficult; however, it is the people's fault for their mentality and overall toxicity that makes LFR suck
    Have you ever played League of Legends? That game is extremely toxic because people blame others on their own failures. Mostly because they haven't go to know the person and doesn't care bout someone on a different realm.

    On LFR, one tank pulls before the other arrives. The dead tank blames the tank who wasn't there yet. ONe tank is on Darkspear, the other is on stormrage. He doesn't care and trolls him anyways, pulls the raid boss and leaves. The other tank leaves cause he's mad, logs off , goes on stormrage, and curses the tank out on an level 1 alt. Meanwhile, everyone left because they didn't feel like waiting. This is what LFR is causing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Honestly dude, what the hell difference would it make changing flying in Easteran Kingdoms and Kalimdor from 60 to 80? Once you are 60, you head to Outland and at 70 to Northrend. You don't come back to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor until you are level 80.

    Blizzard tried to milk World of Warcraft and it slapped them in the face. And for crying out loud, improve the graphics. We're still playing with 10 year old graphics. A new game would get laughed at if it had graphics like WoW does.
    Not much you could do about flying mounts since its basically too late, unless they stop releasing continents now with flying, or removing flying and have all mounts walk on the ground, or have flying mounts glide.

    About the graphics, nothing you can do really unless that make a WoW 2, but how many people will play that??

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  10. #30
    Dude, exactly this things were posted here for hundred times.
    Lots of people agree with you, but who cares? Definitely not BLizzard. They are too busy drawing new ugly transmog helmets for sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    And for crying out loud, improve the graphics. We're still playing with 10 year old graphics. A new game would get laughed at if it had graphics like WoW does.
    Torchlight and Torchlight 2 says hello.
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-07-27 at 12:09 AM.

  11. #31
    Pit Lord Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,298
    LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
    While I rememeber these times, and are fond of them, it's purely nostalgia. Taking 40+ mins some nights just to get a missing healer or tank, is crazy.

    Especially now with dead realms.
    Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    You are out of Azeroth into Outland at 60, and your in Northrend at 68.
    You don't even go fly in Azeroth unless your screwing around and wasting your own time prior to 80.

    Heroic Mode made raiding so basic
    So your talking about a single raid?
    This raid was awesome because it was the only one who did it.
    Prior to Wrath there was only one difficulty, and it wasn't super easy like every 10m and 25m in Wrath.
    TotGC was Heroic, just a switch, and I can't remember Naxx2.0 but it may have.

    The World is Evolving while World of Warcraft is not
    Been like this since the beginning.
    Millions still pay for it, they won't change it until it's more beneficial to make money via F2P.
    The game will go to complete shiz once f2p hits.



    And basically I could pick at your other stuff, but I'm tired.
    All it is, is obviously nostalgia.
    I reckon the game felt funner in Wrath, but it was no means better.
    Raidings the best it's ever been. Ulduar was amazing sure, but the current raid mechanics are heaps better.
    And we aren't waiting as long for patches.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  12. #32
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wont call anything, as the subs can also climb when new expansion comes out.
    They can, but the tendency is for sub numbers to fall down in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  13. #33
    I can never take these generic "game has gotten worse" threads seriously when I think about how many people hated wrath and BC during their time.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    All it is, is obviously nostalgia.
    I reckon the game felt funner in Wrath, but it was no means better.
    Raidings the best it's ever been. Ulduar was amazing sure, but the current raid mechanics are heaps better.
    And we aren't waiting as long for patches.
    Nostalgia is a very strong source of power.

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Lemposs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,546
    Funny how LFD is somehow bad. Yet every major MMORPG pretty much has it now, but guess they are all wrong. And god forbid you talk to people once inside the dungeon or done with it, no unwritten rules claim player socializing is stricly outside the dungeon (until some level 60 rogues gank you all, and suddenly those 45 min getting people together was wasted).
    Serious note: socializing and interaction between players is NOT Blizzards job! It is the players job!

  16. #36
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Agree with OP. Most of us know it though. Some are in denial.

    I stick with my view of Wow Classic being released.
    Love the irony.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Nostalgia is a very strong source of power.
    But it's not a source to draw perpetual criticism from.

    As another poster has said, the amount of people during Vanilla and BC screaming the game was shit are the same now.

    Also, the flying mounts thing is the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever heard. I remember doing that Warrior quest back in Vanilla for some crappy blue level 26 (?) chest, and it literally took me a week to WALK there because it was my first character and didn't know the way at all. Do you think that's an efficient and appropriate way to play a game? A week of your time spent trying to do one quest that spans across the entire world? Sounds fun in theory, but practically it's terrible design.
    Last edited by Pum; 2013-07-27 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,396
    Oh, it's this thread again. I was getting worried that I'd gone almost two hours without seeing garbage like this on the front page.

    Fun fact: We don't care why you don't like WoW because a lot of us still do, and if you don't like it, please leave the rest of us in peace and go bitch somewhere else? Like... To real people?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Love the irony.

    - - - Updated - - -



    But it's not a source to draw perpetual criticism from.

    As another poster has said, the amount of people during Vanilla and BC screaming the game was shit are the same now.

    Also, the flying mounts thing is the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever heard. I remember doing that Warrior quest back in Vanilla for some crappy blue level 26 (?) chest, and it literally took me a week to WALK there because it was my first character and didn't know the way at all. Do you think that's an efficient and appropriate way to play a game? A week of your time spent trying to do one quest that spans across the entire world? Sounds fun in theory, but practically it's terrible design.
    WALK, the fact that leveling is different now, and mounts were implemented, It wouldn't take that long.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Oh, it's this thread again. I was getting worried that I'd gone almost two hours without seeing garbage like this on the front page.

    Fun fact: We don't care why you don't like WoW because a lot of us still do, and if you don't like it, please leave the rest of us in peace and go bitch somewhere else? Like... To real people?
    Sooomeones mad. I didn't say I didn't like the game. I still play it obviously or I wouldn't be on these forums. I'm stating whats changed from what it used to be.
    No one forced you to click this thread or comment in it.

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Oh, it's this thread again. I was getting worried that I'd gone almost two hours without seeing garbage like this on the front page.

    Fun fact: We don't care why you don't like WoW because a lot of us still do, and if you don't like it, please leave the rest of us in peace and go bitch somewhere else? Like... To real people?
    Because God forbid people use a discussion forum to discuss things. Wonder how you'd feel if you got the same response you gave the OP. Probably be tears for a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewbacca View Post
    The reply was not from a tired employee or something. It was an automatic response from an email bot. So it's a grammatical error in their email template. Blizzard can not into English.

  20. #40
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,099
    1. LFD I actually don't mind it. Even for lower levels its a pain in the ass to actually find someone who would help to boost you through stockades or deadmines, heck I remember waiting an hour or so just to get 1 reply from a guy who says maybe if im free I'll help. So Err.. Actually I do not really think so and other mmo's are adding it such as swtor so for low lvls I find it helpful.

    2. I totally agree on this one. I was thinking actually a while back why on earth didn't blizz make flying at level 85? I mean without flying mounts you were able to see people outside of the world more often, promote wpvp, allow for more intense exploration as a low level newbie and honestly I think in cata if they made flying at 85 it wouldve been much better and made people get used to it so in MoP they didn't care if flying was at 90.

    3. I do agree to an extent but others raids are just the same, drop down from a menu, choose heroic and so on. Not much of a difference to have a "fancy switch" but if your saying to defeat a boss or so you could just add "heroic attunements" or so or like to defeat once on normal then HC.

    4. I would actually prefer if they lowered it to 10$ a month or so rather than just buy once and unlock everything like gw2 cuz I'm pretty sure they'd start selling other items to offer advantages over players

    5. I also totally agree. One of the reasons MoP just made me quit is just dailies thrown at your face during the start. Would've rather preferred something more of like VP gear for reduced stats with no rep requirement and gear for rep requirement but has higher ilvl with more stats as that way would've been more alt friendly to get into LFR and so but nevertheless, next patch all rep requirement is gone from old valor gear iirc from a blue post or so.

    6. I think blizz has realized that mistake after cata and they are trying their best to fix it. Actually when I was in Pandaria just wondering around I used to always see lvl 90's just wanting to pvp me if not come ahead and gank me so I really think it is no longer being slapped in the face.

    The actual reason why WoW isn't what its used to be its due to 2 things: 1. The community (It's obvious not all vanilla players still play the game as they have moved on and as it seems WoW is kind of being targeted for a younger audience and a wider variety asking for different things and as a company they must try and please everyone to gain $$$ I mean cmon isnt this what blizz is all about now the $$$?) 2. It's an old game (Closely related with number 1, people have found new interests, new MMO's and no longer want to play a near 9 yo game so its not a surprise WoW is losing subs anymore to me unless its in tremendous quantities).
    Last edited by enchanted; 2013-07-27 at 12:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •