i agree with ur points m8
- - - Updated - - -
Dailies were basically required to get epics.
- - - Updated - - -
Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.
Yes and no to all of these points (except subscription).
LFD- messed up server identity. Oh, and world pvp, really, run in a portal to heal is all that happens. Or gank. Mostly gank.
Flying- messed with exploration. It wasn't a problem at first, only being able to get it basically at max level. (60/68 for cold weather).
Heroic- yeah, ulduar mechanics would be nice, even if it were 'push the big red button'. But didn't TOC/TOGC involve the flick of a switch as well?
LFR- yeah, it could be a bit more difficult; however, it is the people's fault for their mentality and overall toxicity that makes LFR suck
sub- isn't the helm account wide, rather than a single item, similar to mounts/past pets? Don't you get like 50 toons max on an account, so the more toons you get, the cheaper it is relative to a single item (like if you were to buy all of them it for...$1 each, compared to $15 for all)
Dailies- meh, personal preference. Sucks for alts, though.
pvp- gold, you know you can buy cheap honor gear from classic/bc and sell them for a decent amount. Slow, but it is a source. Oh, and darkmoon faire insignias from looting pvp corpses, of course if there is demand.
Edit: formatting/ease on eyes
You forgot the words "For me" at the end of the OP. Rucati already covered my views on why I disagree with you, and to be perfectly blunt, LFD/LFR saved the game for me after spending BC catching shit for having the audacity to look for 5-man groups as a DPS warrior and most of Cata getting shit in groups for not having CC (and I hadn't been bothered with raiding between the end of BC and LFR release outside fun runs of old content mostly because I prefer spending my evenings doing what I want, not what someone halfway across the planet thinks I should be doing). Another expansion of that and I'll be more than happy to leave the game and find something else to occupy my evenings, Lord knows I have enough games on Steam and for my PS2 that that won't be an issue. I won't even come here spamming WoWGen with threads extolling why becoming part of a periphery demographic is the reason WoW is dying, or how removing the things I dislike personally will cause some resurgence of masochists.
The sheer fact that we have people being so asinine as to split hairs over the exact definition of content is a sign that there isn't any worth discussing for non-raiders.
I think it's about time we stopped scapegoating each other and started demanding better from the devs.
All this bullshit about flying mounts having to be removed; I'm sick of it. Imagine having to use a ground mount to run from the Shrine to the portal to the Isle of Thunder in Townlong Steppes, or run to Sha of Anger. Or, to level in Mount Hyjal. Flying mounts are one of the best things WoW has to offer.
Blizzard tried to milk World of Warcraft and it slapped them in the face. And for crying out loud, improve the graphics. We're still playing with 10 year old graphics. A new game would get laughed at if it had graphics like WoW does.
Last edited by Statix; 2013-07-27 at 12:03 AM.
Statix will suffice.
On LFR, one tank pulls before the other arrives. The dead tank blames the tank who wasn't there yet. ONe tank is on Darkspear, the other is on stormrage. He doesn't care and trolls him anyways, pulls the raid boss and leaves. The other tank leaves cause he's mad, logs off , goes on stormrage, and curses the tank out on an level 1 alt. Meanwhile, everyone left because they didn't feel like waiting. This is what LFR is causing.
- - - Updated - - -
About the graphics, nothing you can do really unless that make a WoW 2, but how many people will play that??
Last edited by l33t; 2013-07-27 at 12:09 AM.
LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
While I rememeber these times, and are fond of them, it's purely nostalgia. Taking 40+ mins some nights just to get a missing healer or tank, is crazy.
Especially now with dead realms.
Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
You are out of Azeroth into Outland at 60, and your in Northrend at 68.
You don't even go fly in Azeroth unless your screwing around and wasting your own time prior to 80.
Heroic Mode made raiding so basic
So your talking about a single raid?
This raid was awesome because it was the only one who did it.
Prior to Wrath there was only one difficulty, and it wasn't super easy like every 10m and 25m in Wrath.
TotGC was Heroic, just a switch, and I can't remember Naxx2.0 but it may have.
The World is Evolving while World of Warcraft is not
Been like this since the beginning.
Millions still pay for it, they won't change it until it's more beneficial to make money via F2P.
The game will go to complete shiz once f2p hits.
And basically I could pick at your other stuff, but I'm tired.
All it is, is obviously nostalgia.
I reckon the game felt funner in Wrath, but it was no means better.
Raidings the best it's ever been. Ulduar was amazing sure, but the current raid mechanics are heaps better.
And we aren't waiting as long for patches.
We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.
Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
I can never take these generic "game has gotten worse" threads seriously when I think about how many people hated wrath and BC during their time.
You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille
Funny how LFD is somehow bad. Yet every major MMORPG pretty much has it now, but guess they are all wrong. And god forbid you talk to people once inside the dungeon or done with it, no unwritten rules claim player socializing is stricly outside the dungeon (until some level 60 rogues gank you all, and suddenly those 45 min getting people together was wasted).
Serious note: socializing and interaction between players is NOT Blizzards job! It is the players job!
- - - Updated - - -
As another poster has said, the amount of people during Vanilla and BC screaming the game was shit are the same now.
Also, the flying mounts thing is the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever heard. I remember doing that Warrior quest back in Vanilla for some crappy blue level 26 (?) chest, and it literally took me a week to WALK there because it was my first character and didn't know the way at all. Do you think that's an efficient and appropriate way to play a game? A week of your time spent trying to do one quest that spans across the entire world? Sounds fun in theory, but practically it's terrible design.
Oh, it's this thread again. I was getting worried that I'd gone almost two hours without seeing garbage like this on the front page.
Fun fact: We don't care why you don't like WoW because a lot of us still do, and if you don't like it, please leave the rest of us in peace and go bitch somewhere else? Like... To real people?
- - - Updated - - -
No one forced you to click this thread or comment in it.
See ya, MMO-Champion. Maybe I'll come back when you have some posters and mods who aren't thin-skinned toadies.
1. LFD I actually don't mind it. Even for lower levels its a pain in the ass to actually find someone who would help to boost you through stockades or deadmines, heck I remember waiting an hour or so just to get 1 reply from a guy who says maybe if im free I'll help. So Err.. Actually I do not really think so and other mmo's are adding it such as swtor so for low lvls I find it helpful.
2. I totally agree on this one. I was thinking actually a while back why on earth didn't blizz make flying at level 85? I mean without flying mounts you were able to see people outside of the world more often, promote wpvp, allow for more intense exploration as a low level newbie and honestly I think in cata if they made flying at 85 it wouldve been much better and made people get used to it so in MoP they didn't care if flying was at 90.
3. I do agree to an extent but others raids are just the same, drop down from a menu, choose heroic and so on. Not much of a difference to have a "fancy switch" but if your saying to defeat a boss or so you could just add "heroic attunements" or so or like to defeat once on normal then HC.
4. I would actually prefer if they lowered it to 10$ a month or so rather than just buy once and unlock everything like gw2 cuz I'm pretty sure they'd start selling other items to offer advantages over players
5. I also totally agree. One of the reasons MoP just made me quit is just dailies thrown at your face during the start. Would've rather preferred something more of like VP gear for reduced stats with no rep requirement and gear for rep requirement but has higher ilvl with more stats as that way would've been more alt friendly to get into LFR and so but nevertheless, next patch all rep requirement is gone from old valor gear iirc from a blue post or so.
6. I think blizz has realized that mistake after cata and they are trying their best to fix it. Actually when I was in Pandaria just wondering around I used to always see lvl 90's just wanting to pvp me if not come ahead and gank me so I really think it is no longer being slapped in the face.
The actual reason why WoW isn't what its used to be its due to 2 things: 1. The community (It's obvious not all vanilla players still play the game as they have moved on and as it seems WoW is kind of being targeted for a younger audience and a wider variety asking for different things and as a company they must try and please everyone to gain $$$ I mean cmon isnt this what blizz is all about now the $$$?) 2. It's an old game (Closely related with number 1, people have found new interests, new MMO's and no longer want to play a near 9 yo game so its not a surprise WoW is losing subs anymore to me unless its in tremendous quantities).
Last edited by enchanted; 2013-07-27 at 12:47 AM.