Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Also, the flying mounts thing is the biggest pile of horse shit I've ever heard. I remember doing that Warrior quest back in Vanilla for some crappy blue level 26 (?) chest, and it literally took me a week to WALK there because it was my first character and didn't know the way at all. Do you think that's an efficient and appropriate way to play a game? A week of your time spent trying to do one quest that spans across the entire world? Sounds fun in theory, but practically it's terrible design.
    You are the only person I have heard of that took a week to complete a quest. There was google and thottbot back then. While the concept of flying is definitely cool, it also made the world feel very empty. World PvP was killed since it takes a second to achieve PvP immunity anywher in the world (except in grounded areas). Remember that Greg Street regrets flying mounts as well.

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord ViridianWRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Sooomeones mad. I didn't say I didn't like the game. I still play it obviously or I wouldn't be on these forums. I'm stating whats changed from what it used to be.
    No one forced you to click this thread or comment in it.
    I didn't even bother to read your post, but six of one, right? Probably the same garbage as the rest of these threads. Ooh, maybe start a bingo sheet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    Because God forbid people use a discussion forum to discuss things. Wonder how you'd feel if you got the same response you gave the OP. Probably be tears for a week.


    Discussion is cool, the same discussion over and over again in a million different threads (rather than just bumping old ones) is clutter and for utterly meaningless tripe. This needs to be gotten through the head of everyone.

    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about your ideas.
    We don't give a shit about your ideas.
    And the people who do give a shit about your ideas don't have any ability to implement them, and for good reason, because whatever your ideas are, they're stupid.

    Seriously, can we just have a dedicated "Stupid ideas" forum so I can unsubscribe from it and be rid of this or... We don't need a billion of the same thread being endlessly circle-jerked around.
    Last edited by ViridianWRA; 2013-07-27 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Don't tell me what to do.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    I didn't even bother to read your post, but six of one, right? Probably the same garbage as the rest of these threads. Ooh, maybe start a bingo sheet.





    Discussion is cool, the same discussion over and over again in a million different threads (rather than just bumping old ones) is clutter and for utterly meaningless tripe. This needs to be gotten through the head of everyone.

    Blizzard doesn't give a shit about your ideas.
    We don't give a shit about your ideas.
    And the people who do give a shit about your ideas don't have any ability to implement them, and for good reason, because whatever your ideas are, they're stupid.

    Seriously, can we just have a dedicated "Stupid ideas" forum so I can unsubscribe from it and be rid of this or... We don't need a billion of the same thread being endlessly circle-jerked around.
    If you didn't bother to read it, then why post? No one forced you to click this thread like I said. You could have easily skipped over it. Your mindset is just really small, and everytime you make a post, you make it worse for yourself.

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  4. #44
    Pandaren Monk sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    then afks while they're eating chips or watching re runs of Big Bang Theory
    To be fair, if they're wasting their time watching that awful show they have much bigger issues than afk'ing in raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb
    trust me, i would rather live next to an active volcano than reveal my internet history of porn
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You can add other stuff and still called it a grilled cheese, it's an american thing, but getting butt hurt over it means you have way too much free time and you should be using it to be making more grilled cheese.

  5. #45
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Sooomeones mad. I didn't say I didn't like the game. I still play it obviously or I wouldn't be on these forums. I'm stating whats changed from what it used to be.
    No one forced you to click this thread or comment in it.
    The thing is, it has become commonplace to come and trash shit threads like this because they all say exactly the same thing in every single one.

    The worst part is they are nearly always refuted and yet the OP still labours under the delusion they are right in why this game has turned to shit.. Sorry, to not "what it used to be".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    You are the only person I have heard of that took a week to complete a quest.
    First char, first Warrior. Says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    The thing is, it has become commonplace to come and trash shit threads like this because they all say exactly the same thing in every single one.

    The worst part is they are nearly always refuted and yet the OP still labours under the delusion they are right in why this game has turned to shit.. Sorry, to not "what it used to be".

    - - - Updated - - -



    First char, first Warrior. Says it all.
    Well, going into a " shit thread" and commenting in it because your angry. What does that make you?

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  7. #47
    Oh look guys, another thread on this topic. Although I do agree with the flying mounts.

  8. #48
    Dreadlord Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
    "Stand's waiting, then all of an sudden a Undead Warlock comes with a group of friends. You try to survive until your friends arrive, then fight them or run into the instance because you're scared." This engaged epic world pvp and allowed people in the world.

    I take it you're from vanilla and you enjoyed all the (not very) epic wpvp. Fortunately, with a combination of conveniences and pvpers not having to go hunt for honor in the wild, the community has grown up from the crutch of wpvp, if only others could realize this sentiment. LFD/LFR are great tools for those who's friends left this game ages ago. Personally, I find myself enjoying random pugs now-a-days over the people I semi half know who are barely friends with me.


    Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    Cataclysm revamped an entire world that we used to love, but they decided to hand out flying mounts at level 60 and increase the rate of quests, not only did this force us to skip over alot of great towns, forests, villages, caves, but it also pushed us out of the "NEW" questing zones alot faster because Exp was too low. Removing flying from kalimdor and eastern kindgoms until level 80, instead of 60.

    It may be what "you" used to love, but I certainly hated taking the nigh 12 minute flight path from Darnassus to Silithus for a bloody damn raid, especially when all our warlocks/mages were being jerk-offs (Common occurance in vanilla). Flying mounts added the X axis to this game, a whole new level of depth and exploration that few people honestly appreciate. More rather, they whine about flying mounts instead of using them as intended, looking down at breath taking landscapes and patterns one could not see with the pseudo magnifying glass that is being stuck with ground mounts.


    Heroic Mode made raiding so basic.
    In ulduar, we had to do special things to unlock heroic mode, then ICC comes out and boom, Heroic Lichking in a flick of a menu switch.
    Yes, they've added elite modes to fix this problem, but it doesn't really FIX the problem. This game is becoming nothing but menu's.


    Oh yes, because Mimiron's hard mode wasn't literally a switch. I think this argument has been done to death, and is especially relevant when you take a look at hard modes like XT. Once you kill his heart, it's hard mode, yet his heart is a huge dps burn phase. Basically sometimes groups undergeared for H XT happened to activate it on accident, which caused in wipes. Not really fun for a normal mode raiding guild at the time. Activating it from the menu and developing more mechanics and a harder difficulty is Blizzard's way of saving not only themselves a massive headache from having to figure out how to activate hard modes in a flavorful way, but saves us the headache when they do or don't activate in the way we want them to. Heroic raiding is about efficiency, not gimmicks.


    LFR, This design was great, till it was implemented.
    Grouped up with 24 random strangers, who won't give a flying hoot about you. Then you have atleast 4 people who queue, put someone on follow, then afks while they're eating chips or watching re runs of Big Bang Theory. Flex modes is supposed to fix this problem, but once again they're implementing it wrong. Remove LFR, and implement Flex mode into normal. That way we can recruit others from diff realms but still be engaged. Heroic Modes would still require a server coordinated group for that current content.

    I honestly don't see where you are coming from here. LFR provided a much needed adaptation to the raiding community of people that do not have the time and/or the effort to get into a normal mode guild. While this subtracted from the pool of possible normal mode raiders, it accomplished just that. People get to see the content at their own pace and if you any sort of good normal/heroic raider, you will see it first, have bigger numbers on your gear and overall have a bigger epeen. Sure there comes the "special snowflake" feeling when you're the only guild on your server that's defeated (Xboss) and no one else has even see it yet, but I honestly' don't see how that differs from it now unless you aren't in the race for server firsts/world firsts, and if that's the case, why do you care?


    The World is Evolving while World of Warcraft is not.

    We still pay $15 a month, and $40 for a new expansion that comes out. I feel it's about time blizzard lowers their price for a month, or remove it completely. Keep the prices for expansions, but remove the monthly fee. That way you can focus on a blizzard store that would engage players.
    Like league of legends and their skins. (Helm transmogs was a slap to our face, especially when we pay for this game. I have a Celestial Steed, but epic transmog like that just hurts. HURTS!)


    I will finally agree with you here that them releasing these rather decent looking xmogg helms for 15$ apiece on their "pet store" is a bit of a dick move considering the vast majority of S14 and T16 armor sets look like utter trash. Perhaps I'm inferring too much from this and blaming them for a coincidence, but I will not deny the very probable possibility of this creating volatile and bad ethic business practices from Blizzard in the future. As far as the subscription goes, I agree and I disagree. Honestly, 15$ for two months would be nice. Removing it entirely unless they had a mega cash shop on lock would make them just tank.


    Dailies in Mists of Pandaria are boring and dead.

    Not much to comment on this anymore as 5.1 had a good model on dailies and 5.3 does too, although 5.3 quests were over too fast. Have it progress every week like 5.1 dailies did with rep, with a short storyline.

    First they are grindy and boring, next they are too fast. There's no pleasing you! No, really. There isn't. That's because it was mainly the design team's fault for hiding valor rewards behind daily factions (Worst idea in the game) instead of hiding it behind a raiding faction (best idea in the game). But in all seriousness, 5.2 was literally all about lore, story and progression for that story. It had minimal rewards beyond cosmetics, which is a great model and how dailies should be. 5.3 is nice because we take a break from the daily grind and grind something else, commanders. Because these big champions of bosses only remind me of how wow is taking more and more steps toward a living world, alah gw2 (see, champion events)

    The world of PvP, slapped in the face.
    Making gold as a pvper isn't a reality unless you're an enchanter. Make the gold that drops from players you kill higher. All it drops is copper, my repair bill from dying from pets is higher than that. Allow us to once again go out in the world to queue for a battleground and arenas.

    As I tried to say but I don't think I made it clear, world pvp is dead, and this is a good thing. All the good pvpers that matter have moved on to pvp that actually... matters. Rated pvp is the future because it's pvp with a meaning, pvp with progression. I guess you like mindlessly deathmatch style killing people in the open world? Cool, let's all ask blizzard to make a team deathmatch or king of the hill style battle ground. There's no point in trying to force wpvp back onto a community that has obviously outgrown that need. Also, as far as making gold as a pvper, just play the auction house. Take 5 minutes and go solo old raids for pets and sell them. It really isn't that hard to cover the roughly 8k it takes to get a full round of gems and enchants for your set of tyrranical.
    My posts back in red, my opinions mixed in with facts backing them up in most cases. Read with a pinch of salt.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-07-27 at 01:21 AM.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  9. #49
    Surprisingly, I agree with most of that. I think LFD and LFR are necessary, but I admit that I miss the big battles at summon stones. If there was a way to force people back to the dungeon itself, while still allowing for people to get random teammates, that would be perfect. Maybe make the stones themselves the only way to queue, and still require you to run into the dungeon once the group is ready. Of course, since flying mounts exist it makes no difference, as people will just fly to safety in the meantime. And I definitely feel the PvP side of things is neglected, and that the subscription model is outdated. So yeah, if my idea for LFD and LFR was implemented, I would agree with you completely.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's a completely skippable gear progression rung now, though. A couple pieces of crafted and some non-rep VP rewards or pvp gear and you're into Tier 14 LFR. A few pieces there and you're into Tier 15 LFR getting 502.
    on my newly geared lock i done the 2 weeklys had kirn tor offenceive commindations from trsove on my main got me a belt the mojo got me shoulders got lucky on onda and nalak and got 522 teir legs and off set glovrs and 502 boots from quest and i was into lfr, no need to touch the poor excuse that is £the honnor grind" for gear for pve

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Well, going into a " shit thread" and commenting in it because your angry. What does that make you?
    I don't know, what does that make me?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    As I tried to say but I don't think I made it clear, world pvp is dead, and this is a good thing. All the good pvpers that matter have moved on to pvp that actually... matters. Rated pvp is the future because it's pvp with a meaning, pvp with progression. I guess you like mindlessly deathmatch style killing people in the open world? Cool, let's all ask blizzard to make a team deathmatch or king of the hill style battle ground. There's no point in trying to force wpvp back onto a community that has obviously outgrown that need. Also, as far as making gold as a pvper, just play the auction house. Take 5 minutes and go solo old raids for pets and sell them. It really isn't that hard to cover the roughly 8k it takes to get a full round of gems and enchants for your set of tyrranical.
    Yes, a deathmatch! They keep hesitating to add this. Gurubashi Arena should be a hub for pvpers so death matches return.

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    That is the general idea of Virtual Realm Merging. Sharing raid, guild, AH, arena, city, events.
    my worry about vertual realms is they will screw up by margubg pvp and pve servers into 1.

    i left a pvp server coz i was sick of the ganking i dont wana be forced bck into it

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    I don't know, what does that make me?
    I rebuke you >_>

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  15. #55
    I'm not sure why everyone remembers getting ganked in such a positive light, the world pvp I remember was more like griefing. If you really want to get griefed, try taking the portal to blasted lands.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Pum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    I rebuke you >_>
    Is that your final answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    but then again, The Coon is obviously unbeatable as he will just manipulate you into being his friend

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone remembers getting ganked in such a positive light, the world pvp I remember was more like griefing. If you really want to get griefed, try taking the portal to blasted lands.
    game set and match right here thats the reason i moved off a pvp realm

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone remembers getting ganked in such a positive light, the world pvp I remember was more like griefing. If you really want to get griefed, try taking the portal to blasted lands.
    It gave a rush of adrenaline, and made me eager to get revenge. Unplanned, improvised battle is far more exciting than queuing for it.

    As for getting ganked as a low level by a high level, yeah it sucked, but it also inspired me to level up and go do the same.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone remembers getting ganked in such a positive light, the world pvp I remember was more like griefing. If you really want to get griefed, try taking the portal to blasted lands.
    It was aggrivating at times, but very fun if you had someone to back you up. I remember being in Darnassus, and a troll shaman came and chain lightning everyone. People were dying in 1 hit. It was so cool!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Is that your final answer?
    Is it, you tell me?

    Formely known as Creations
    Signature By Shyama

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    And I disagree with all of his points. But yeah, does this need an own thread?
    This.

    We don't need another thread for this...

    Also about world pvp: YOU USE TO HAVE A CHANCE AT KILLING THEM. Now, people don't give a damn to help you and 90's are ridiculously OP compared to old 60's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •