Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lightbulb [IDEA] Bard Class

    The Battlemage idea I posted earlier was meant to set the ground for this buddy right here. Enjoy reading!

    NOTE: Remember. This is just an idea and not anything that should be taken seriously.

    Class Details

    ●Available Races: Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Draenei, Pandaren, Orc, Undead, Tauren, Blood Elf

    ●Available Weapons: One-Handed Maces, Two-Handed Maces and Two-Hand Axes

    ●Armor Type: Mail

    ●Primary Attribute: Strength or Intellect

    ●Power Resource: Energy and Volume

    Bard Talent Tree


    Description

    ●The Bard is a long desired class by some WoW players but Blizzard has always considered it a joke. The bard is an outstanding figure on the battlefield due to his addicting tunes.

    ●The Bard will be able to tank using the Heavy Boost talent but will be primarly a DPS class with some support elements. The Bard, believe it or not, is not weak against silence effetcs and you will see why. I thought about the Bard having healing spells but I didn't want another Paladin. The Bard's spell sound effects are supposed to be more important than his spell effects so please do not judge me for the spell icons and their supposed spell animations. The Heavy Boost talent idea was mainly put there because of the Metal/Rock side of the Bard. See, not all Bards are gentle.

    ●I know the number of abilities my Bard design has is very small but this is somewhat a preview of what it could be. Plus, classes like Warlocks with tons of abilities really put me off.




    Abilities




















    Hope you enoyed,

    ~Silverrendy~
    Last edited by Silverrendy; 2013-07-28 at 09:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Your talent tree link is showing nothing but "This action is null " to me. Which is a shame, because I really want to read it. This take on the Bard sounds awesome to me.

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,109
    Mail is agility or intellect (never strength)

    1H maces, 2H maces and 2H axes are too few weapon types.

    More like agility based polearms, 2H maces and staves would be appropriate (as what a druid uses)



    (why are you using comic sans?)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Your talent tree link is showing nothing but "This action is null " to me. Which is a shame, because I really want to read it. This take on the Bard sounds awesome to me.
    Fixed :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Mail is agility or intellect (never strength)

    1H maces, 2H maces and 2H axes are too few weapon types.

    More like agility based polearms, 2H maces and staves would be appropriate (as what a druid uses)



    (why are you using comic sans?)
    Mail is now strength, agility and intellect. This is not an upcoming class or something. This is a fanfic and a hybrid version of str/int is what best fits my bard design.

    I know the number of available weapons is low but you honestly don't expect a bard to "play the polearm" do you? The 1h maces are something like drum maces. The 2h mace is reference to gong mace and axe is a reference to guitar just like the 2 npcs on the images. Idk what other instruments to add. Sorry

    PS: I've always liked comic sans.

  5. #5
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,653
    Dislike the volume mechanic. Sounds to me like a retooled Chi.

    And I hated how Chi wound up working.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  6. #6
    Mechagnome drake741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    PS: I've always liked comic sans.
    This is enough for me. No bards please.
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    4,186
    Comic Sans is the ultimate sin.

    Shame on you sir. Shame.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week i'm going to Comic Con Australia in beautiful Sydney!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Dislike the volume mechanic. Sounds to me like a retooled Chi.

    And I hated how Chi wound up working.
    Ypu..it's the Chi system I am using. Thing is I tuned it up a bit. See the AoE ability isn't affected by GCD since its 1 sec cast and its 30 energy so you dont run out of energy with low level gear. The Volume consuming abilities are way different than the chi consuming ones though. Also about Focused Sound. It is one of the bigger changes in the Volume generation process. With Monk you have so many situational abilities that overlap with each other. Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick. Expel Harm and Jab. Here everything has its own purpose and there aren't 100 variations of one spell.

    Quote Originally Posted by drake741 View Post
    This is enough for me. No bards please.
    Because of comic sans font? Meh.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Still waiting for more responses....Not comic san comments.

  9. #9
    Blizzard already created The Bard class for WoW back in 2008!

    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    probably the worst idea i have ever heard, sorry.
    dragonmaw - EU

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Comic Sans is the ultimate sin.

    Shame on you sir. Shame.
    Lies, it's a perfectly acceptable font when I'm typing the chat bubbles for a comic.

    I don't see bard working in WoW. It was a fantastic support class in EverQuest, but that game was built on group mechanics. WoW is now a Massively Multi-Player Anti-Social Single Player Online Game so the idea of the solo DPS bard just doesn't quite strike a chord with me.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    probably the worst idea i have ever heard, sorry.
    It's better than thus "buff" class Ghostcrawler was seen talking about.
    i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz | G.Skill DDR3 1800MHz @ 2133MHz @ 10-11-10-28 1T 8GB | Asus P8P67 v3.1 | GTX 780 | Corsair HX650 |Dell U2412M IPS 24" LCD | Mushkin Chronos 120GB SSD SATA III| Mushkin Chronos 480GB SSD SATA III (Games) | Creative X-Fi Soundcard | Windows 7 Professional x64

  13. #13
    While I don't care myself, the amount of douchebags bashing the OP is kinda shocking...even for MMOC.

    Not a fan of the whole bard idea myself, but it looks good for wathever time you spend no making this.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post

    ●The Bard is a long desired class by some WoW players but Blizzard has always considered it a joke.
    Anything written in Comic Sans is a joke.

    That being said, I do want a bard class. I like a lot of the ability names you picked.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-07-26 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,940
    I am hardly resistant to change in wow, but bard just sounds a bit much to me.
    Sadly, as much as it was already an april fools joke, so were pandas.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I am hardly resistant to change in wow, but bard just sounds a bit much to me.
    Sadly, as much as it was already an april fools joke, so were pandas.
    Bards confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  17. #17
    Bards aren't 2h wielders.. they dont have high STRENGTH, that's a weakness of theirs. They are powerful through the words they sing.



    I really hope WoW introduces the Bard.. I dont think itll bring me back to WoW, but it is one of my favorite MMO classes of all time.. Ive played Everquest for like 14 years so I have a soft spot.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewster925 View Post
    Blizzard already created The Bard class for WoW back in 2008!

    It's that artwork and the desire to create a new class concept that inspired me.

    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    probably the worst idea i have ever heard, sorry.
    I don't mean to be rude but that is one baseless statement. Atleast explain why. See, I can edit it if I agree with you. This way you only create a conflict without suggesting a way out of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Lies, it's a perfectly acceptable font when I'm typing the chat bubbles for a comic.

    I don't see bard working in WoW. It was a fantastic support class in EverQuest, but that game was built on group mechanics. WoW is now a Massively Multi-Player Anti-Social Single Player Online Game so the idea of the solo DPS bard just doesn't quite strike a chord with me.
    Same for me except for the buff version. Just doesn't sound good to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    It's better than thus "buff" class Ghostcrawler was seen talking about.
    I'll consider this a compliment of some sort. Thanks, I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    While I don't care myself, the amount of douchebags bashing the OP is kinda shocking...even for MMOC.

    Not a fan of the whole bard idea myself, but it looks good for wathever time you spend no making this.
    Much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Anything written in Comic Sans is a joke.

    That being said, I do want a bard class. I like a lot of the ability names you picked.
    That comic sans hate is starting to affect the feedback I get too much. But then again it's sort of a positive comment so thanks I guess. I thought I messed up with the names. Can you tell me which ones you liked? I'm really interested.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    That comic sans hate is starting to affect the feedback I get too much. But then again it's sort of a positive comment so thanks I guess. I thought I messed up with the names. Can you tell me which ones you liked? I'm really interested.
    I was only joking about the font.

    Sonic Strike and Stage Fright were really clever ability names for a bard, I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was only joking about the font.

    Sonic Strike and Stage Fright were really clever ability names for a bard, I thought.
    Stage Fright <3

    I also love the name

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •