Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    The negatives of LFG far outweigh the positives, if you look at the bigger picture.

PVP has always, and will always be an afterthought, compared to PVE in WoW. Now It's a legitimate endgame path (since BC I'd say), many prefer over PVE, but it's not the "main game". There needs to be some sort of PVE content (besides leveling) PVP'ers are encouraged to do, to keep the game from truly becoming a lobby / queue experience.

The amount of "join queue" in this game is far more than should be even now, just imagine the life of a PVPer if everything including gold could be obtained through PVP.

- Join Queue

- Buy gear piece

- Hearth SW/Org

- Enchant

- Join Queue

- Buy gear piece

x Infinity

I'll take sub over cash shop any day as well.
    I don't know about after-thought. Perhaps that argument was valid before MoP, but with Holinka on board he's made some -very- controversial yet needed changes to pvp as a whole and pvp is much, much better than it's been because of it. (In my opinion OHMAHGAWD OPINIONS).

Onto your second point, there are -plenty- of things an avid pvper can do outside of "Join que, do stuff". As I said in my first posts, one of the easiest ways to make money is to take 5 minutes and smack old raids for pets or just lols and resell them. As for pvp being a lobby/que experience, how is pve any different? Seriously, the only difference (aside from you know, pve and pvp, I'm talking about the "getting there" mechanics) between queing an rbg and getting into my weekly raid is that I have to walk an extra 5 minutes to get to the raid.
    -Sostellarofadifference-
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-07-27 at 10:41 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by PolleDK View Post
    Not to rain on your parade or anything, but WotLK kick-started accessibility. Granted, it's even more accessible today, but Wrath made everyone look the same, and make Epics feel much less epic.
    ToC started it and the subs decline started right after.

'Accessibility' began with people stomping through 10-man raids wearing higher-level 25-man gear, earning mounts and titles that were supposed to be reserved for the few. The game suddenly became easier than it was intended to be and people flocked to that. Blizzard noticed the numbers and specifically began to cater towards this growing group of people. The rest is history.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
    "Stand's waiting, then all of an sudden a Undead Warlock comes with a group of friends. You try to survive until your friends arrive, then fight them or run into the instance because you're scared." This engaged epic world pvp and allowed people in the world.

Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    Cataclysm revamped an entire world that we used to love, but they decided to hand out flying mounts at level 60 and increase the rate of quests, not only did this force us to skip over alot of great towns, forests, villages, caves, but it also pushed us out of the "NEW" questing zones alot faster because Exp was too low. Removing flying from kalimdor and eastern kindgoms until level 80, instead of 60.

Heroic Mode made raiding so basic.
    In ulduar, we had to do special things to unlock heroic mode, then ICC comes out and boom, Heroic Lichking in a flick of a menu switch.
    Yes, they've added elite modes to fix this problem, but it doesn't really FIX the problem. This game is becoming nothing but menu's.

LFR, This design was great, till it was implemented.
    Grouped up with 24 random strangers, who won't give a flying hoot about you. Then you have atleast 4 people who queue, put someone on follow, then afks while they're eating chips or watching re runs of Big Bang Theory. Flex modes is supposed to fix this problem, but once again they're implementing it wrong. Remove LFR, and implement Flex mode into normal. That way we can recruit others from diff realms but still be engaged. Heroic Modes would still require a server coordinated group for that current content.

The World is Evolving while World of Warcraft is not.

We still pay $15 a month, and $40 for a new expansion that comes out. I feel it's about time blizzard lowers their price for a month, or remove it completely. Keep the prices for expansions, but remove the monthly fee. That way you can focus on a blizzard store that would engage players.
    Like league of legends and their skins. (Helm transmogs was a slap to our face, especially when we pay for this game. I have a Celestial Steed, but epic transmog like that just hurts. HURTS!)

Dailies in Mists of Pandaria are boring and dead.

Not much to comment on this anymore as 5.1 had a good model on dailies and 5.3 does too, although 5.3 quests were over too fast. Have it progress every week like 5.1 dailies did with rep, with a short storyline.

The world of PvP, slapped in the face.
    Making gold as a pvper isn't a reality unless you're an enchanter. Make the gold that drops from players you kill higher. All it drops is copper, my repair bill from dying from pets is higher than that. Allow us to once again go out in the world to queue for a battleground and arenas.
    all I see is a HC raider crying his face off..as for the dailies, then don't do them..for the pvp? THE GAME WAS NEVER INTENDED TO HAVE PVP IN IT you silly silly person!

Each of this points is null-voidified ffs, you don't like it? STOP PLAYING AND STOP COMPLAINING.
    i can complain all I want that blizzard can't make melee friendly fights, oh wait they can and they have done, but thoes fights are just nuke feasts.. yeh..

Why do people have it in their head just because they've lost subs that it's gonna go F2P?

Guys they still have 7.7 MILLION subscribers, let me make this easier for you; 7,700,000 people are paying £8/$15 a month. You do the math. Final Fantasy XI has survived for 10 years and still going strong with about 30-40k subscribers probably peaking at 60-70k a couple years ago, calm the fuck down.

Back on topic though, I do agree with some of your points.

Going F2P no, never.

As for flying mounts, people that are like "omg they killed the epic adventure feeling" are just full of it, sorry. But it was NEVER fun walking around everywhere or taking hours to get from one quest to the other. Take those rose tinted glasses off.

LFD, This ruined the ability of everyone running to a dungeon, meeting up with a bunch of people and fighting opposing factions.
    "Stand's waiting, then all of an sudden a Undead Warlock comes with a group of friends. You try to survive until your friends arrive, then fight them or run into the instance because you're scared." This engaged epic world pvp and allowed people in the world.
    Wrong; what happened was two people went to the summoning stone and summoned the others; just how for raids, 1 lock and 2 others went to the instance while everyone else waited for a summon.
    Also, it didn't ruin your ability to travel there; you are still fully capable of travel to the stone/instance; and they still put stone by all the instances.

Another point is, not everyone is wanting to engage in world pvp; have you not seen when people ignore each other now? In places like Isle of Thunder where people allow people to just get the stuff done, to raid groups who are just interested in raiding leaving each other alone in front of the entrance/by the stone.

Flying Mounts ruined the WORLD aspect of the game. World of Warcraft was exciting because we got to see new areas in the world to explore.
    Cataclysm revamped an entire world that we used to love, but they decided to hand out flying mounts at level 60 and increase the rate of quests, not only did this force us to skip over alot of great towns, forests, villages, caves, but it also pushed us out of the "NEW" questing zones alot faster because Exp was too low. Removing flying from kalimdor and eastern kindgoms until level 80, instead of 60.
    flying mounts allowed them to design quests around access to areas you couldn't get to otherwise. They allow them to design in 3 dimensions instead of 2. Just because you don't have the ability to explore, immerse, and appreciate the world without being forced on the ground, doesn't mean you can't. I quite enjoyed the addition of flying and spent quite some time exploring the world, from above and below with my flying mount; places I've avoided in the past for whatever reason.

It is your fault you don't find it exciting any longer to see new areas or explore; it is a condition or your attitude towards the game, not the tools in it.

In ulduar, we had to do special things to unlock heroic mode, then ICC comes out and boom, Heroic Lichking in a flick of a menu switch.
    Yes, they've added elite modes to fix this problem, but it doesn't really FIX the problem. This game is becoming nothing but menu's.
    Heroic mode raiding adds not only extra health and damage, but extra mechanics. It also allowed people a similar, less elegant way of attempting harder bosses. While I appreciated the mechanics unlock hard mode method, I don't disagree with their sentiment that it would get old fast, and essentially be meaningless. A combination of heroic switches and mechanics altering fights (in moderation) would be a benefit over all; even simple things like killing orders or button presses. There is a slight sense of this in some fights, but not to the level it was, and with no extra reward (which sadly is the driving force for people, instead of challenge or fun).

Grouped up with 24 random strangers, who won't give a flying hoot about you. Then you have atleast 4 people who queue, put someone on follow, then afks while they're eating chips or watching re runs of Big Bang Theory. Flex modes is supposed to fix this problem, but once again they're implementing it wrong. Remove LFR, and implement Flex mode into normal. That way we can recruit others from diff realms but still be engaged. Heroic Modes would still require a server coordinated group for that current content.
    It is the people that is the issue, more than the tool. If people weren't 'tools', the general feeling of LFR would go much smoother. You are blaming LFR for people who /follow and autoattack; that is misplaced rage. You have people getting kicked for a helm (which I don't agree with being on the store), but people are complacent about the griefers.

LFR does not need to be removed for you to do Flex mode. If you hate LFR, stay the hell out of it, it is really that simple. If you are just going to leech, you should lose your damn account (lol, a bit extreme, but you are being an asshole). Flex mode doesn't need to be normal. If it was, you nerf normal and normal is a valid progression path for a lot of guilds now. Look at how low the heroic boss kills are. There is no reason to be exclusionary; just do what is right for you and your group and let others be happy.

We still pay $15 a month, and $40 for a new expansion that comes out. I feel it's about time blizzard lowers their price for a month, or remove it completely. Keep the prices for expansions, but remove the monthly fee. That way you can focus on a blizzard store that would engage players.
    Like league of legends and their skins. (Helm transmogs was a slap to our face, especially when we pay for this game. I have a Celestial Steed, but epic transmog like that just hurts. HURTS!)
    I don't agree with the sub model any longer, and I solved that issue by not continuing to pay them. I also don't love the game like I used to, but I think others should be happy. I think they are gouging people, but charging a sub and for xpacs. It is a greedy model, but as long as the market supports it and they profit from it, don't expect it to change. They literally use WoW funds to support other projects; but all businesses need to do this to some extent. It is understandable and expected; though I still think the reinvestment into WoW was too low for Cata and that really hurt them in the long run.

I agree, it either needs to be B2P or sub with free content; not both. And if they start focusing on the store, it needs to be B2P or F2P + cash shop ... for me to ever consider it; but the game isn't designed for me; so if people are willing to fork out money and be happy about it, good for them.

Not much to comment on this anymore as 5.1 had a good model on dailies and 5.3 does too, although 5.3 quests were over too fast. Have it progress every week like 5.1 dailies did with rep, with a short storyline.
    I never had problems with dailies prior to Mists other than the investment required for molten front to unlock everything. I was happy they removed the daily cap. But once you make it required ... you take the freedom and fun out of it. It was one thing to do Hodir dailies for an enchant; but when they tied up too much behind these reps, it took the joy out of it.

I think they did a good job with adding off-tier content; and ofc it wouldn't last forever. It is planned obsolescence content and that is fine as well. This new model the attempted worked for the most part, giving consistent content that was across the spectrum. The raids were hard enough they lasted for most and the scenarios/dailies gave the non-raiders a bit of fresh stuff to help change up their routine.

I think they need to work on making the world more dynamic as a whole, including artwork (like SMC); not just dailies.

Making gold as a pvper isn't a reality unless you're an enchanter. Make the gold that drops from players you kill higher. All it drops is copper, my repair bill from dying from pets is higher than that. Allow us to once again go out in the world to queue for a battleground and arenas.
    They do need a small income source for PvP; such as PvP based questing like in Nagrand and Grizzly Hills. You don't need the same funds a raider does; unless you are having deaths in PvE content, and if you are, then you can use PvE methods to repair your PvE expeditions.

You CAN go out in the world to queue for BGs. You just don't. This is the same issue as the dungeons. It is all you and the others. The portals and battlemasters are still there.

I think they could raise the player drops to some silver; but it doesn't need to be gold. The only reason I could see them dropping gold is in world PvP, but not battlegrounds, and then I would see the need for it to scale based on many variables ... like your level difference (if you are +7 levels, no coin at all, if they are 7+ levels, 10+ gold will drop), the amount they drop also should scale with level itself; so you don't get gold from killing lowbies (even on your lowbie). This gets too complicated though; and I'm sure players drop copper because it is better than nothing, and easier than coding the variables to have it scale up and you can't have low level kills be more rewarding than the rest of the content in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    all I see is a HC raider crying his face off..as for the dailies, then don't do them..for the pvp? THE GAME WAS NEVER INTENDED TO HAVE PVP IN IT you silly silly person!

Each of this points is null-voidified ffs, you don't like it? STOP PLAYING AND STOP COMPLAINING.
    i can complain all I want that blizzard can't make melee friendly fights, oh wait they can and they have done, but thoes fights are just nuke feasts.. yeh..
    Yet despite this (the bolded part) the game has pvp. And has a considerable amount of the player-base actually taking part in it. While I don't agree with his original post about it being difficult to make money or world pvp, I will say that just because this game didn't intend to have pvp from the start, doesn't mean it doesn't have it now and it doesn't need moderation/tuning.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    MOst of OP's comments I do not agree with especially since I have no interest in PVP so that makes the arguments about PVP totally redundant for me.
    On the other notes, the whole flying thing is fine as it is. Before this you would only see areas while leveling up anyway. After that you would use taxis to get there. To be honest I do more exploring with my flying mount than I ever did with ground mount...
    THe way to start hard modes in Ulduar is nothing more than a gimmick really, instead of just choosing hard mode you'd have to hit things or ignore stuff. In the end it's the same, you do something to make an encounter harder. Be it from choosing it in a menu or taking other actions....
    And I don't see any point in removing LFR/ THe new Flex mode is looking good as it is, give people choices on how to play. You can choose not to use LFR.

Post was kind of whine imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Smithus View Post
    But it was NEVER fun walking around everywhere or taking hours to get from one quest to the other. Take those rose tinted glasses off.
    Never is too strong of a word, I enjoyed running around with my roommate questing and never gave a thought to flying or anything. The first time I heard about flying my first thought was "cool, i'll be able to fly! I wonder how controlling the mount feels", the convenience of avoiding mobs is the last thing i'd imagine someone thinking about.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2013-07-27 at 11:18 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smithus View Post
    as for flying mounts, people that are like "omg they killed the epic adventure feeling" are just full of it, sorry. But it was never fun walking around everywhere or taking hours to get from one quest to the other. Take those rose tinted glasses off.
    holy opinions, batman!

I swear all of the people who who have arguments about exploration being killed never played in classic WoW. People don't explore that much because the spent all their time running to places. We did -no- exploring on that long run from southshore to scarlet monastery. I personally have done far more exploring with a flying mount that I did in all of classic WoW.

People like OP are mad because wow isn't the same game as it used to be. What they don't remember is all of the negatives. In some ways, I really wish Blizzard would open legacy servers, so all of the people who claim the game was better "back in the day" can be reminded of how many problems the game had back then.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I only agree with the part about the dailies, that was a little ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Personally I'm sick and tired of having to fly or taxi my tailor to Silken Fields all the time just for a 3 second cast. Having to hearth on Isle of Thunder is just freakin' annoying that way.
    One of the little things I liked about Rift was that the public transit system involved portals, not flying.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    The negatives of LFG far outweigh the positives, if you look at the bigger picture.
    That's pretty much irrelevant though, since most any MMO that doesn't have an LFD equivalent is forced to add it these days. Look at Rift and SWTOR.

Even in WoW, heroic 5 man usage was LOUSY in Wrath until LFD was added. There is no going back to the old system.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

The thing people forget is that all games have a lifespan. We have just grown up with WoW longer than other games and have taken it for granted, assuming it would NEVER change. Time happens and people simply lose interest, no matter how much people talk about Halo combat evolved being an amazing game, it's not like people still play it as frequently as the latest games.

Guys, people lose interest, WoWs playerbase is OLD by gaming standards, the fact that some people stuck with the same game since its very beginning is impressive in itself. WoW has achieved things few games ever will and that's something! Be happy with that and if you aren't having fun anymore, move on and find a new game.

Yes it's sad that something many still love is losing players, but thats just the nature of things. It happened with every MMO before WoW, and will happen with every MMO AFTER WoW. If you're still having fun with it, spend less time complaining and ENJOY IT! Because who knew changes to the game after so many years would make it less fun for some? No one could have predicted that, so take every day of enjoyment you have out of WoW for what it is!

Bitches about Heroic being just a menu. Armory link shows that player has never had to use that menu it seems. Bitches about PvP. Armory link once again shows player rarely if ever PvPs. Sounds just like every other WoW player, bitches about something they don't/can't do or bitching about something that doesn't affect them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I dare you to come play on my server for a month. Let's see how long you last without resorting to those two things.
    virtualrealms and np

10+ Year Old Account
    It was annoying as hell forming groups sometimes and the amount of times you finally got 5 people, made your way to dungeon, someone leaves... fly back to the city find someone else. LFG is a great addition and when a new MMO comes out without it, it is just plain annoying. But, here is a big but, you don't have to use it, you can still use trade to form a group, nothing is stopping you!

Exploring the world is great while leveling, only Cata did it wrong with being able to fly while leveling. The rest is fine. Your entire argument here is strange so I won't say more.

Ulduar didn't have 'special' unlocks. Leave adds alive, push a red button, do more dps, time limit in a tunnel, leave towers up, yeah oh so special. Yes the game is becoming a menu game like Eve.

Again your entire argument here is strange. Heroic raiding is far from basic.

It's really this simple, don't do it if you don't like it. LFR is fine, no one is forced to do it and I laugh at you if you think raiding heroics requires you to do it when a new raid starts, because it simply doesn't.

If you think WoW hasn't evolved you are a fool. I hope the monthly fee stays, F2P games are limited and also pretty crap. There is a reason WoW is by far the most successful MMO ever.

I agree, I hate dailies, always have, always will. I hate them in every game. They were bad before MoP, they were bad from the very start.

It was dead as soon as instanced battle grounds arrived. Was still alive a little bit in vanilla, but it was certainly dead in TBC and beyond, this isn't a new thing.

I just looked at your armoury, WTF. I just wasted my time on a scrub.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-07-27 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an ability, it's a chore. It should have died in a fire long time ago.

This is simply silly. Why would you quest in Kalimdor or EK between 60 and 80? There is absolutely no reason to.

Yeah, heroic mode made raiding so basic that the proportion of players clearing normal is plummeting because they overtuned it. Makes perfect sense... oh wait, no it doesn't.

Don't like it? Don't run it, it's not like the last wing of LFR isn't opened until 2 months after the release of the raid. If you still hadn't cleared the normal mode by then, maybe it's your raid group that is the problem, not LFR.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I think the biggest problem in WoW is that by massively catering to complainers over the years, Blizzard has pushed away people who actually LIKE the game (aka loyal customers) in favor of people who dislike it. Pampering the complainers and haters and validating their approach at every turn - no wonder the community is in shambles. These kind of people don't make a great community.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...