View Poll Results: What will you do?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Change most of my characters to updated Alliance races (Gnome, Night Elf, Human, Dwarf)

    4 3.08%
  • Change most of my characters to updated Horde (Tauren, Orc, Undead, Troll)

    3 2.31%
  • Stay on Alliance (enjoying new models)

    33 25.38%
  • Stay on Horde (enjoying new models)

    45 34.62%
  • I'll mix them up, real good, no faction love for the win!

    17 13.08%
  • I don't know yet!

    28 21.54%
Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Exclamation New models & animations come in the pre-patch for the next expansion, what do you do?

    When new models & animations come in the pre-patch for the next expansion (most likely), what do you do?
    Probably one free change of appearance for all existing characters.


    Will you be the same or want to become something else?
    What will happen to all of you're characters?

  2. #2
    I would probably change a couple characters, depending on how the new models look. If they changed the overall look of a character, or I didn't like a face, or simply wanted a change, I would change most of my toons. But, I'm keeping an open mind until then. I may love my chars even more!
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored

  3. #3
    Pit Lord Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,431
    If they will charge for the new models I will fucking kill someone.

  4. #4
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    When new models & animations come in the pre-patch for the next expansion (most likely), what do you do?
    Probably one free change of appearance for all existing characters.


    Will you be the same or want to become something else?
    What will happen to all of you're characters?
    They most likely wont come in the pre-patched if anything, it'll be on the launch of the expansion. And the new models will be free, because they are main content. If they added different skin, I don't mind them charging some. A different skin is like Dark Iron Dwarf, Dragonmaw, Magh'ar. Wretched Elves and so on.

    New models and animations to the characters that I have, would be grand. They would still be the same, of course.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,176
    The 4 top options appear very similiar to me...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  6. #6
    High Overlord Cherrytie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Asmondis
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    If they will charge for the new models I will fucking kill someone.
    *looks as Cosmetic Helmets*
    ...
    Pls dont kill me

  7. #7
    I wonder if they will update the Blood Elf model and add Druid to their ranks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The 4 top options appear very similiar to me...
    The two top will change, the two below is stay.

  8. #8
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    If they will charge for the new models I will fucking kill someone.
    I totally support this, even if they charge for possible skins like dark iron dwarf. A certain HQ is going to burn.

  9. #9
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I wonder if they will update the Blood Elf model and add Druid to their ranks.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The two top will change, the two below is stay.
    Well, if they stay true. Then yes, they would update them too, but they arent with Prio. And druid to their ranks, plausible since there was one. But, think it more as naturalist maybe? Like Worgen/Gilneans, they didn't learn much from the Night Elves, except to transform - they already knew about the magic of nature and arcane thanks to having used Harvest Witches.

    It a possibility. Though, want range more, semi-ranged/melee and no pet. Hehe. Or just them damn Tinkers!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I totally support this, even if they charge for possible skins like dark iron dwarf. A certain HQ is going to burn.
    Models is more important than having multiple choices of skins. Still have the normal skins, but special ones, I don't mind charging for. If you wish to be a special snowflake, then you can buy it. Reason I think like that is, I can't see it plausible as a reward in any matter but achievements else - and many have admitted they dislike achievements as well.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    I wonder if they will update the Blood Elf model and add Druid to their ranks.

    - - - Updated - - -


    The two top will change, the two below is stay.
    blood elves and draenei are being updated. no reason to assume new class combinations are coming
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    If they will charge for the new models I will fucking kill someone.
    The subscription number is already down to 7.7 million? Charging for new models will cause a mass exodus. And the next report will see 5 million subs.

  12. #12
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Models is more important than having multiple choices of skins. Still have the normal skins, but special ones, I don't mind charging for. If you wish to be a special snowflake, then you can buy it. Reason I think like that is, I can't see it plausible as a reward in any matter but achievements else - and many have admitted they dislike achievements as well.
    It doesn't have to be a reward for an achievement, it should be there for everyone to choose. It's cool that there are pets, mounts, helmets and even xp potions for the lazy people, but to charge money for a skin that is just wrong in my opinion as this is still a subscription based game. I know many people would say stuff like it doesnt give you any advantage, however some people like me don't give a damn about stats or itemlevel but care alot about cosmetic stuff and how our characters look.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,603
    I race change a fuckton anyway, so it guess I would change to whatever looks cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ggars/advanced - Main
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I.../hero/41277433 -D3 Char, totally not boosted.

  14. #14
    I just pray to Elune Nightelves will look better. Please, please, please.

  15. #15
    I'm very certain that the new models will not get added in the pre-patch for the next expansion. Blizzard has been talking about adding new models since the WotLK expansion, and they keep stalling. I'm not even 100% certain that they will add it in the next expansion because of that. And if they do, I'm not so sure they'll update most models or most of them at the same time. (Blood elves, Draenei, Worgen and Goblins probably will not get updated as they've said about a year ago that they wouldn't update these. I assume because these were added in later expansions.) I anyway do hope though that they'll atleast update the models in the next expansion.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I'm very certain that the new models will not get added in the pre-patch for the next expansion. Blizzard has been talking about adding new models since the WotLK expansion, and they keep stalling. I'm not even 100% certain that they will add it in the next expansion because of that. And if they do, I'm not so sure they'll update most models or most of them at the same time. (Blood elves, Draenei, Worgen and Goblins probably will not get updated as they've said about a year ago that they wouldn't update these. I assume because these were added in later expansions.) I anyway do hope though that they'll atleast update the models in the next expansion.
    not true. all pre cata races are being updated. worgen goblins and pandaren are the only ones not receiving an update
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  17. #17
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    It doesn't have to be a reward for an achievement, it should be there for everyone to choose. It's cool that there are pets, mounts, helmets and even xp potions for the lazy people, but to charge money for a skin that is just wrong in my opinion as this is still a subscription based game. I know many people would say stuff like it doesnt give you any advantage, however some people like me don't give a damn about stats or itemlevel but care alot about cosmetic stuff and how our characters look.
    Care about cosmetics as well. But the whole other part would be, they don't need to do it. The choices we have is already many. That is why I don't mind them charging for special skins. You already get tons of content for your subscription, if they were to make special skins, then it would be an additional service.

    Problem with your point of view is, you think you should have all because you pay a subscription. It's an okay view, but there's a flaw. Other people demand that Blizzard should do more content than wasting time on small things (like extra pets, helmets, skins and so on) because they pay a subscription for it.

    Of course, we all have opinions, but all in all - you get an average of what, 5-11 "skins" already (Might be more). So, special skins like Iron Dwarf, Leper Gnome, Fel Orc or even Sandfury trolls (Farraki) - is okay for me, and some people to just be a box on the side. Store or some insane achievement, dislike special parts of the game to be free (see Ra-den, not "free" really, as you have tons of work before getting there).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I'm very certain that the new models will not get added in the pre-patch for the next expansion. Blizzard has been talking about adding new models since the WotLK expansion, and they keep stalling. I'm not even 100% certain that they will add it in the next expansion because of that. And if they do, I'm not so sure they'll update most models or most of them at the same time. (Blood elves, Draenei, Worgen and Goblins probably will not get updated as they've said about a year ago that they wouldn't update these. I assume because these were added in later expansions.) I anyway do hope though that they'll atleast update the models in the next expansion.
    Worgens, Goblins and Pandaren are not on the primary table of updates, they once said. They already have way better models than the older. They did a tweet back in february about being done with the 3-4 race models. So, they are working hard for it. We just don't know when we'll get the awesome gift. ^^
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  18. #18
    Brewmaster Detheavn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Nether .... lands
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    not true. all pre cata races are being updated. worgen goblins and pandaren are the only ones not receiving an update
    I believe I saw a blue post of upgrading old models to pandaren standards. If that is true then the worgen and goblin races should be included as well, especially seeing that the worgen facial animations are pretty much non-existant.

  19. #19
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I believe I saw a blue post of upgrading old models to pandaren standards. If that is true then the worgen and goblin races should be included as well, especially seeing that the worgen facial animations are pretty much non-existant.
    They have already said that Worgens and Goblins are not on the table yet, if they are, then they'll be the very last. There is many other models with higher priority. And remember, Worgen and Goblin already have a quite high standard than the previous ones.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They have already said that Worgens and Goblins are not on the table yet, if they are, then they'll be the very last. There is many other models with higher priority. And remember, Worgen and Goblin already have a quite high standard than the previous ones.
    I tought they said they wont re-do blood elves and draenei too...
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •