Deleted

Smile How silly is Pursuit for GoSac - Felguard!

why would they give a caster a charge so I can melee with my caster weapon? Does anyone else think this is strange?

Demo was originally gonna be a tank for MoP from my understanding. (As in, that was the ONLY role for Demo.)

If you take a look at all of Demo's abilities and our talents through tank-tinted glasses you'll be surprised at how many seemingly DPS oriented things could totally work for a tank spec as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Demo was originally gonna be a tank for MoP from my understanding. (As in, that was the ONLY role for Demo.)

If you take a look at all of Demo's abilities and our talents through tank-tinted glasses you'll be surprised at how many seemingly DPS oriented things could totally work for a tank spec as well.
    Source on this? Sounds like garbage. Demo was never meant to be able to tank more than 5-mans you outgear or a boss for just long enough to battle-rez a real tank, according to literally everything I've ever heard Blizzard say.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus View Post
    why would they give a caster a charge so I can melee with my caster weapon? Does anyone else think this is strange?
    Mostly cause the only other choises are an AoE where we spin around and hit things with our melee weapon, which would be even more silly, OR give us a stun in GoSac form. I'm going to assume that giving us easy access to another CC was too much, especially something as powerful as a stun.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Mostly cause the only other choises are an AoE where we spin around and hit things with our melee weapon, which would be even more silly, OR give us a stun in GoSac form. I'm going to assume that giving us easy access to another CC was too much, especially something as powerful as a stun.
    Axe toss would've been really nice though, although I suppose a warlock throwing an axe would look a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Axe toss would've been really nice though, although I suppose a warlock throwing an axe would look a bit silly.
    Well, even with "axe toss" your Fel/Wrath-guard tosses whichever weapon it's using, which can be an axe, sword, polearm, or mace.

I really like Pursuit as the Command Demon replacement, tho ... some things are good just to be fun and not necessarily having a place in min/max'ing for pvp/pve.

Like Harvest Life ... man I'm gonna miss that spell. I really love it. It's just so Warlocky to drain the life out of everything around me. And using it with KJC + Burning Rush for clearing out lowbie mobs, man ...

Oh well. All good things ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Source on this? Sounds like garbage. Demo was never meant to be able to tank more than 5-mans you outgear or a boss for just long enough to battle-rez a real tank, according to literally everything I've ever heard Blizzard say.
    he said it was from HIS understanding, he's not saying that he found a source proving it

i have to agree with him as well, with a few tweaks demo could have easily been a tank spec, seems to me that blizzard just didnt feel confident enough to go through with it and stuck to a dps revamp

ofc this doesnt mean it was a bad decision to keep them dps, i mean with a few tweaks blood dks could be a healing spec and i dont think THAT would be a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post19592350

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    After that didn't pan out, I tried out Demonology as a true tank spec. That turned out to be a lot of fun, but other designers (correctly!) protested against the total removal of the demonology DPS style. So I tabled the tank spec, as it was clear that couldn't be fleshed out until Demonology-as-DPS was solved.

Deleted
    Sssshh, they might nerf sacrifice even more

already did ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Of course they hesitated to give us a tank spec. And might I had it made lots of sense as warlocks already did tank in other extensions, same as rogues.
    In MoP beta demo warlocks were the best of all tanks.
    But after lots of whining from the battle.net forums, as usual, they backtracked and left us with a halfed-assed tank spec whose utility is still to be defined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Of course they hesitated to give us a tank spec. And might I had it made lots of sense as warlocks already did tank in other extensions, same as rogues.
    In MoP beta demo warlocks were the best of all tanks.
    But after lots of whining from the battle.net forums, as usual, they backtracked and left us with a halfed-assed tank spec whose utility is still to be defined.
    This isn't FFXI. Blizz isn't so wishy washy that they're going to luet you use goofy tricks with game mechanics to do stuff like tank as a caster or stealthy class. They will nerf anything that lets you do stuff outside your intended role.

Deleted
    On topic: why is a blanket silence fine and cant we get an aoe or a stun? Whats op about choosing between a silence and a stun? It makes perfect sense, if they would make pursuit a snare breaker and ground targeteable it would make sense and bring demo pvp up abit.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    This isn't FFXI. Blizz isn't so wishy washy that they're going to luet you use goofy tricks with game mechanics to do stuff like tank as a caster or stealthy class. They will nerf anything that lets you do stuff outside your intended role.
    Demo was going to be a full on tank spec, as in, having all of the necessary abilities and stat scaling to make that possible.

It's not using a trick or abusing game mechanics to tank. It was going to be an actual, full on tank spec. It was going to be Demos intended role (or one of 2 from the above posters source)

Deleted
    i Wonder what would happened if they activate the anti crit (nothing more, no tank role in selections etc) when in DA, probably the most simple tweak to include in a ptr
    And the thing giving the most contradictory results :

on one hand hell of a fun, on the other hand alot of TC , strat to do (interesting!), and from blizz pov another thing in the radar to Watch out

what a shame, and what a fun offtank it would be (could have been)

I'm still clinging on to hope that they'll give tanking to us as a 4th spec like they did with druids.

Deleted
    Wasn't touch of chaos originally a melee ability called demonic slash (hence the weird slapaho animation)? If so then gosac pursuit makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Wasn't touch of chaos originally a melee ability called demonic slash (hence the weird slapaho animation)? If so then gosac pursuit makes sense.
    It was indeed originally the ability that you now get in DA.