Deleted

Returning to Fire

just switched my mage from frost to fire, 36% crit 518 itm lvl. not raiding much on it. Whats the average ignite tick to combust on now? played frost all of mop so far. armory link > http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...irosaki/simple.

Thanks in advance, all constructive criticism is welcome :-)

Deleted
    Its hard to say what ignite to use combustion on, as it is very personal(gear dependant) how high you will/can go. So it comes down to experience on your character, trial and error. It is also important to understand that different situations will give you a varied ignite for combustion, Ie on pull your ignites will be way higher than mid fight, because you have all your procs+pot 100% and often heroism as well.

If i would be forced to guess, i would say your pull ignite is maximum around 150k, and mid fight ignites properly shoot for something like 60k. But again its hard to say and you will learn with practice and tests(not dummy..) what's optimal for you. And also sometimes you just have to realize that you wont get your maximum ignite and take what you have, as delaying combustion for too long can net you with a loss of total combustions cast per fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I'm currently at 538ilvl, using the armor swap on pull/every 3minutes. I average around 200k. With best being 290k (non gimmic)

With your ilvl, I would do it around 125k. Can't really remember what ignites I was pulling at that gear level.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jon1o1 View Post
    well I'm currently at 538ilvl, using the armor swap on pull/every 3minutes. I average around 200k. With best being 290k (non gimmic)

With your ilvl, I would do it around 125k. Can't really remember what ignites I was pulling at that gear level.
    If the stars align with his gear he may see 125. At his gear I'd say to safely aim for 90-100k on pull and then 60-80 for those after and don't armor swap your crit is way too low