Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think of it as: since these are demons, their fire should have been Fel in the first place
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by dblzero7 View Post
    There should really be a quest line to obtain it just like the green fire. Nothing as long as the green fire chain.
    I really hope not. The green fire quest line was really great. I'd really hate to sour the experience with a half'a**ed quest line taped on to the end of the green fire quest line.

That being said, I'm pretty sure, considering the DA wings are getting pass over as well, that when you pick up green fire things like DA and your Dreadsteed will automatically reflect your choice of fire color. I am surprised that they aren't updating the Felsteed color as well though.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    I really hope not. The green fire quest line was really great. I'd really hate to sour the experience with a half'a**ed quest line taped on to the end of the green fire quest line.

That being said, I'm pretty sure, considering the DA wings are getting pass over as well, that when you pick up green fire things like DA and your Dreadsteed will automatically reflect your choice of fire color. I am surprised that they aren't updating the Felsteed color as well though.
    They are updating the Felsteed as well as the Dreadsteed
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Codex of Xerrath now infuses additional spells with fel magic (green fire effect).

Summon Felsteed, Summon Dreadsteed, Summon Abyssal, Demonic Fury, Dark Apotheosis, and Demonic Leap.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-24/

Confirmed from the patch notes updated today and also changing more then the class mounts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Codex of Xerrath now infuses additional spells with fel magic (green fire effect).

Summon Felsteed, Summon Dreadsteed, Summon Abyssal, Demonic Fury, Dark Apotheosis, and Demonic Leap.

Confirmed from the patch notes updated today and also changing more then the class mounts.
    Nice to see it confirmed.
    At least will end the speculation over who gets the mounts, not that I felt there was any reason for it in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

I love that all thoughts spells are getting the fel magic treatment.

Deleted
    Ofc they do it this patch, so we wont look at the other patch notes:/
    But the good news are..... YAY FOR MORE GREEN STUFF!

- - - Updated - - -

NERDGASM NERDGASM
    NEREDDB0NENERR!
    Just shut up and take my money! *Throws money at screen*

10+ Year Old Account
    nerdgasm nerdgasm
    nereddb0nenerr!
    Just shut up and take my money! *throws money at screen*
    ^this!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh goddammit, couldn't they at least have made it optional with the mounts.

Deleted
    For fuck's sake I don't want a green Dreadsteed. PLEASE make me able to have green fire but a red Dreadsteed...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about green fire, personally. But it's cool that they are making all of the things green fire compatible.

What *MY* lock wants is for a minor glyph to make the Dreadsteed not just walk on water, but to be a TRUE nightmare and fly through the air, leaving behind the blazing trail like it currently does when it is on the water. The current 'water walking' functionality could remain, and just be what happens in a non-flying zone, like a BG or isle of thunder or whatever.

And, given Attumen's mount and the HH mount, the concept of a horse flying by just galloping and not having any visible means of achieving flight isn't exactly unheard of.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-07-30 at 05:29 PM.

Demonic Leap? Demonic Fury and DF? This gets even worse....thought it was meant for fire spells to begin with. I mean, we have to choose whether to pick orange or green fire, not the old Warlock versus the FULL FREAKING GREEN Warlock. What's next? Malefic Grasp? Oh and dont forget to change the class color to green!! Don't deceive players who want to pick an actual dark class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Yes let's give one class even more things tailored just to them in the same expansion the other classes nah who cares not important.
    wahhh wahhh wahhhh, roll a lock then. green fire locks rejoice!

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Philosoraptormode:

What if this mount is available for all classes?
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-29/
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit to me.. If you don't want green fire.. don't do the quest line. I think it's pretty badass.. BUT i am biased my favorite color is/has been green for a very long time!
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

This is getting silly, warlocks just gonna be a 1 color class? Having too much of something only means it diminishes the importance of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Demonic Leap? Demonic Fury and DF? This gets even worse....thought it was meant for fire spells to begin with. I mean, we have to choose whether to pick orange or green fire, not the old Warlock versus the FULL FREAKING GREEN Warlock. What's next? Malefic Grasp? Oh and dont forget to change the class color to green!! Don't deceive players who want to pick an actual dark class.
    Metamorphosis is already green, as per Kanrethad's unique form. The Demonic Fury effects and Dark Apotheosis wings not changing as well were obviously oversights, as they clash pretty horribly with it. That in itself is seemingly a callback to Illidan's demon form, which is likewise tinted green.

If you don't want the entropic fel energy look, don't use the Codex. That particular shade of green is part of Warcraft's visual language, forever associated with evil, chaotic forces. It's the series' iconic representation of the demonic, ever since its first appearance alongside the Infernals raining down on Azeroth in the opening cinematic for Warcraft III.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    This is getting silly, warlocks just gonna be a 1 color class? Having too much of something only means it diminishes the importance of it.
    Uhm...before, all fire spells were orange?

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Uhm...before, all fire spells were orange?
    or how demonology had pretty much nothing but purple spells and abilities like void ray, shadow bolt, metamorphosis, hand of gul'dan, chaos wave, and touch of chaos. heck even our demonic aura and demon leap had purple coloring to them, but that didn't diminish anything did it?

Paladins have had 3 for quite some time now though.

I had the same thoughts when I saw the mounts and wings on front page, I don't think they'll be new mounts but that they'll just change the way your mount looks with a glyph or through the green fire quest aswell or something.

Or they could just be used by NPCs, who knows.