Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can't wait to see it on LIVE!

Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Arcane Shot weapon damage increased to 165%, up from 150%. Base damage increased by 21%.
    Steady Shot weapon damage increased to 66%, up from 60%. Base damage increased by 21%.

Beast Mastery & Survival

Cobra Shot weapon damage increased to 77%, up from 70%.

what do you think? do we need to more buff?

Baseline buffs to compensate for the loss of Readiness.

Aren't these just tooltip fixes?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

They sure as feth better be tool tip fixes. If these end up as the "compensation buffs", I'd like to hear from the "Just wait, they said they'd compensate us!" crowd, because this looks a lot like what this is. I have never wanted to be wrong more than right this very minute and would gladly admit to it if we find out I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely.... This couldn't be the buffs we have been waiting on. Blizzard know that the arcane shot buff was bringing our signature shots into question... They wouldn't make this our buffs... right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Another thing that seems kinda weird with this is I'm pretty sure I recall people saying that with the previous buff to Arcane is was doing more damage than our signature shots and I believe GC tweeted that they would look into it... and now they increase arcane shot even more? Hooray arcane shot spam.

(that is of course if these are not tooltip fixes)

This is the tooltip fix to the 5.3 hotfix from when they completly smashed Stampede.
    Notice how when you look at hunter tooltips in-game, the cobra/steady shot formulas are already 77% and 66% (arcane shot is 110%, but 1.5 on PTR due to 1.5 focus cost = 165).
    If you get the tooltips linked to any other class, though, it shows the "old" values of 70%/60%. So this is the tooltip fix to change that (basicly, hunter tooltip values for our own spells are correct, but they are not for other classes).

Besides, think about it for a second - everyone remembers that the buffs we got from the stampede hotfix was 10% to AS and focus-gain shot. What kind of twisted, completly idiotic kind of number would they have had to use if a 10% buff to it gave you exactly 70% weapon damage? (and yes, I'm aware that the number exists. My point is, it's far too big a coincidence).

So, compensation still not done guys.

They will buff signature shots 100% because right now AS does more dmg per focus then signature shots and thats a fact (excluding ES i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorakko7 View Post
    Hunter (Forums, Talent Calculator)

Arcane Shot weapon damage increased to 165%, up from 150%. Base damage increased by 21%.
    Steady Shot weapon damage increased to 66%, up from 60%. Base damage increased by 21%.

Beast Mastery & Survival

Cobra Shot weapon damage increased to 77%, up from 70%.

what do you think? do we need to more buff?
    the only buff is arcane shot, the cobra shot/steady shots are already live, gg hunters -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    the only buff is arcane shot, the cobra shot/steady shots are already live, gg hunters -_-
    The Arcane shot is the 50% damage and focus cost increase which was mentioned near the start of the PTR, they're all just tooltip. no need to get excited/annoyed yet. nowhere close to the fabled number pass they've been talking about

Quote Originally Posted by lightplay View Post
    The Arcane shot is the 50% damage and focus cost increase which was mentioned near the start of the PTR, they're all just tooltip. no need to get excited/annoyed yet. nowhere close to the fabled number pass they've been talking about
    Are you sure? I remember the original being 100% weapon damage and the 50% buff made it 150%. This looks like another 15% ontop of that.

If it is a buff then Blizzard are just making the Arcane spam rotation more and more viable. Glad I decided to reroll for next tier because Blizzard has no clue what they want to do with Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Are you sure? I remember the original being 100% weapon damage and the 50% buff made it 150%. This looks like another 15% ontop of that.
    AS is doing 110% + X on live since Stampede Nerf.

110 * 1.5 (both damage and focus going up for 50%) = 165.

just a tooltip fix

Both AS and Cobra Shot already have those tooltip updates on live. It's 110% + X for AS and 77% for Cobra Shot. No idea what the point of those changes is when the tooltip is already updated.

Deleted
    we're not going too post hunter changes for a really long time!
    OH NOES the hunters are angry for not seeing any changes too compesate the nerfs.
    I KNOW! lets finally add the correct tooltips for hotfixes we did, instead of doing that right away when 5.4 hit the PTR.

seriously why just now add the tooltip fixes instead at the start of the PTR, this seems like something you can just do when you start so its done.

They're just tooltip fixes, don't get too overexcited as they mean nothing.

Deleted
    it have to be done anyway don't freak out gals :> we know its a tooltip fix and if not read ya own patchnotes alahdamnit with dat said riot if the compensation buff won't "roll" in :I

'side note i like typin' mistakes&gramma <3

Deleted
    tooltip fix, nothing new

Deleted
    Off-topic as we already established these are tooltip fixes, but why exactly do we need a compensation for Readiness? Now Stampede has been buffed back to it's original power we are pretty much back in line compared to right now on live. The difference between having Readiness and Stampede doing it's full damage is very close. They may as well have called our Stampede buff the compensation for the loss of Readiness.

Don't get me wrong our signature shots should still be changed to actually do proper damage compared to Arcane Shot, but that has nothing to do with the whole Readiness discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Off-topic as we already established these are tooltip fixes, but why exactly do we need a compensation for Readiness? Now Stampede has been buffed back to it's original power we are pretty much back in line compared to right now on live. The difference between having Readiness and Stampede doing it's full damage is very close. They may as well have called our Stampede buff the compensation for the loss of Readiness.

Don't get me wrong our signature shots should still be changed to actually do proper damage compared to Arcane Shot, but that has nothing to do with the whole Readiness discussion.
    Because we scale horribly+we used to have FULL damage of stampede+readiness already