Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    the legendary will be more common then previous ones, but not everyone and there mom is going to have one
    this - my guild is atm 6/13 HC and half of my team is still either on secrets or runes part -_- they will get it eventually but its not liek eveyrone has it atm like some people are suggesting -_-

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this - my guild is atm 6/13 HC and half of my team is still either on secrets or runes part -_- they will get it eventually but its not like everyone has it atm like some people are suggesting -_-
    did your guild all not start playing the game till 3 months ago or like all take a break from the game for months or something? I have 2 cloaks and a 3rd toon on runestones the one on stones my Monk hit lvl 90 2 1/2 months ago And that toon is at 4/12 stones even. My druid is a LFR/alt run toon who didn't get played for half this tier till after we were done with the tier and still has the cloak.
    Last edited by momirmaster; 2013-07-27 at 06:47 PM.

  3. #183
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    942
    Realistically only people who have played through the entire expansion will be able to get this legendary. If you miss one patch you're not likely to get it until after 5.4. I missed a few weeks and i've just only started titan runestones.

    Every other legendary questline has lasted one patch cycle, if it's okay for that to be a legendary then why isn't a cloak which takes much longer to get a legendary?

    They're legendary cause they're time consuming, not because they're rare.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorillane View Post
    Thori'dal was best in slot.
    It was but it was also the most useless legendary in the history of WoW.

    OK GUYS YOU BEAT SUNWELL FINALLY AND WRATH COMES OUT NEXT MONTH. HERE'S YOUR LEGENDARY AT THE END OF SUNWELL. HAVE FUN BEING BiS WITH NO PROGRESSION LEFT.

  5. #185
    Not everyone will have it. So I'm not sure what your point is.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It was but it was also the most useless legendary in the history of WoW.

    OK GUYS YOU BEAT SUNWELL FINALLY AND WRATH COMES OUT NEXT MONTH. HERE'S YOUR LEGENDARY AT THE END OF SUNWELL. HAVE FUN BEING BiS WITH NO PROGRESSION LEFT.
    and shadowmourne was any different? I remember something posted from paragon about how they finished there first shadowmourne 2-3 weeks after they kiled heroic LK. The rogue daggers were the same way most hardcore/semi hardcore guilds were close if not 8/8heroic when there rogues got daggers. So for us who consider ourselfs hardcore raiders This is gonna be the first time we get a legendary that is useful in progression outside of that POS guildbreaker from Firelands that just turned into Poach city.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

    They're legendary cause they're time consuming, not because they're rare.
    This is also really the truth of it. Legendary is the quality of the item and the amount of stats it has on it. It's much more about time consuming grinds than rarity. It's been that way since Shadowmourne. All the legendaries before that were just pure RNG drops which was the absolute worst design ever for the concept so there's no point even arguing about that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    and shadowmourne was any different? I remember something posted from paragon about how they finished there first shadowmourne 2-3 weeks after they kiled heroic LK. The rogue daggers were the same way most guilds were close if not 8/8heroic when there rogues got daggers.
    More people actually got Shadowmourne during Wrath than those that got Thoridal during TBC though. I'm not saying Shadowmourne was a good design either because it wasn't. MoP has been the absolute best Legendary the game has ever had in terms of being relevant for progression and being more than just a trophy you get afterward.

  8. #188
    The color of an item used to refer to the rarity of an item. That is no longer the case and hasn't been for a long time. The color now refers to the quality of the item and nothing more.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    did your guild all not start playing the game till 3 months ago or like all take a break from the game for months or something? I have 2 cloaks and a 3rd toon on runestones the one on stones my Monk hit lvl 90 2 1/2 months ago And that toon is at 4/12 stones even. My druid is a LFR/alt run toon who didn't get played for half this tier till after we were done with the tier and still has the cloak.
    my point is not everyone in wow put so much pressure to stuff like this - i myself have cloaks on 3 chars already but thats not my point (and i will only get one more cloak cause if i had to start this quest on any new char i would rather kill myself then farm old lfrs when 5.4 comes -_-) - my point is not everyone cares so much about min maxing to force themselves to run lfr when they werent able to come to normal raid etc etc , some people raid to have fun with friends not to nesesarily clear full tier -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-07-27 at 07:02 PM.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutelf View Post
    Legendary does not have to be unique though. I can understand that you maybe want it to be, but in that case there is also a very high risk that you will never get one. Are you happy with that?
    Not getting a legendary despite the years I had spent raiding didnt bother me. Just because I didnt get a legendary didnt mean I didnt stop trying and enjoying the things I do compared to the many who claim they would rage and quit if they couldnt get the legendary this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    The color of an item used to refer to the rarity of an item. That is no longer the case and hasn't been for a long time. The color now refers to the quality of the item and nothing more.
    What do you mean quality as there are no stat differences between equal ilvl greens, blues, and purples and just because it is purple doesnt mean it will have the preferred stats. LFR could rewards blues and the only difference it would make is what the gear DE into and lower repair costs. Cata heroics could have rewarded 345 purples to shut up the ignorant QQer about heroics not dropping purples and all it would have done was made blue shards very rare and force players to farm normals for shards. The color of gear is still a mental trick for many and many get their sense of worth over the color of gear and if it isnt purple then they dont want it. These are the kinds of players who cry when they have to replace their gear with greens in the next expansion. They dont see gear as a tool, it is their self worth and reason why they continue to play WoW.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-27 at 07:05 PM.

  11. #191
    Bloodsail Admiral sscavenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,185
    You want legendary items to be legendary? Fine, only one person can have the item per server. If they transfer to another server they lose it, if they quit the game delete their character it doesn't matter. Nobody else can get that legendary item. There you have your precious Legendary Item is now truly a Legendary Item.

  12. #192
    I guess the OP hasn't seen the new Glyph of the Weaponmaster for Warriors, legendaries for everyone =p

    Legendaries were just drama and led to lots of guild poaching so I'm glad they're gone

  13. #193
    I am playing the worlds smallest violin right now. I am also crying crocodile tears.

    Legendary or not, everyone who attempts it has to go through all the same content and has put equal work in order to attain it. People complain about LFR and yet those same people who grind through normal/heroic still run LFR just to cap valor and also themselves get more drops required for those quests. Everyone is working just as hard as the next and STILL need to be able to beat the scenarios and those with better gear from normal/heroic have an easier time doing it.. I have zero sympathy. I also call you out for a minus 50 DKP

  14. #194
    The only reason people argue for exclusivity on legendaries is selfishness. Legendaries used to write your own meal ticket into the best guilds if you won the lottery and got one to drop. They'd take total rejects just because they had a thunderfury, and then they'd train you to play properly.

    So no. Nuts to that.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Not getting a legendary despite the years I had spent raiding didnt bother me. Just because I didnt get a legendary didnt mean I didnt stop trying and enjoying the things I do compared to the many who claim they would rage and quit if they couldnt get the legendary this expansion.
    I've literally never seen these claims.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    I've literally never seen these claims.
    Ill give a more specific example, "if LFR doesnt reward a legendary I will quit" claims. A good example of a type of player whose enjoyment of the game is based on the rewards and not the act of doing the content.

  17. #197
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Waco, Tx, USA
    Posts
    133
    Eh, gear inflation is silly anyway. Both ilevels AND gear rarities.

    In Vanilla, most people were wearing GREENS for gosh sakes! If someone joined your raid or dungeon group or BG, you'd lambast them for having lousy gear. You can't have your cake and eat it too. If we went back to Vanilla where Blues (?!) took serious work to get and MOST RAIDERS didn't have a complete set of purples, then sure, make Oranges rare as hell.

    But we aren't at that place. It's only a color and like 0.5% difference in stats, but people want to be decked out in purple. Even blues are seen as lousy - in Vanilla, Blues were the holy grail of "casuals" (what passed as casual at the time). Dungeon sets were a thing - and an awesome thing. Even just having a full set of your class dungeon set was an accomplishment.

    .

    Though I kinda want to ask the OP if he's ever legit gotten a legendary before Wrath. Or before Cata. Or before Mists. Because often people complain about this but they, themselves, aren't even "good enough" (or lucky enough) to get the thing.

    .

    If ilevel and Blues/Purps/Oranges weren't things with the COMMUNITY (everyone expects you to be in full Purples now to invite you to anything!), then it wouldn't matter. But design the next expansion where the majority of people are in Green with a few Blue pieces and the really rare Purple? They have a cow!

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Renathras View Post
    But we aren't at that place. It's only a color and like 0.5% difference in stats, but people want to be decked out in purple. Even blues are seen as lousy - in Vanilla, Blues were the holy grail of "casuals" (what passed as casual at the time). Dungeon sets were a thing - and an awesome thing. Even just having a full set of your class dungeon set was an accomplishment.
    Not even that... since Cata, stats are based solely on iLvl.

  19. #199
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Waco, Tx, USA
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not even that... since Cata, stats are based solely on iLvl.
    Are they now? I thought they weren't making that change until Mists (but wasn't sure about it.)

    Yeah, in that case it's entirely stupid. Now that I think about it, I can see you being right. I don't see a blue and green piece in Mists that has the same ilevel. Point taken.

    While I'm at it, I'm also pissed they got rid of the "useless" "...of the ____" stuff. I want a 2 handed caster mace for my Dwarf Healadin, darnit! Varigan's Fist doesn't transmog onto a 1 hander! XD (I know, I know, I've heard legends that there's one from one boss of one of the raids, but I'll believe that when it drops into my bags.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If you manage to grind 6k valour, gather 10 sigil of wisdom, 10 sigil of power, 40 titanium bars, grind to exalted, grind 20 secrets , 12 runestones, unlock all of the isle of thunder, down a world boss, complete some bgs, complete multiple side quests and challenges, let alone what 5.4 has to offer then i would say you deserve the legendary. So how is having so many requirements in order to obtain it "everyone having it"
    Agree completely however, LFR "raiders" should not be able to have access to it. They can go afk in a LFR run every week and still manage to get the legendary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •