Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    me wearing it makes it legendary...nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    discuss..
    I remember seeing this discussion in Wrath (and every so often afterwards) about epics. After all how "epic" is something when everyone can go out and buy it with VP or gold as soon as they hit 90, or do a quick quest?

This entire concept of "everyone should get to see and experience everything" has been happening since Wrath. So I'm not really sure why people are acting shocked about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Legendaries USED to be items that were not seen on more then 3/5 characters per server per legendary.

Now suddenly Blizzard changed this to: "Relax its just a colour, it just means the item itself is flagged as legendary."

While this is probably good from a "everyone wins" mentality like Blizzard has shifted towards. "Its good for business!!! (yeah right, you see the subs declining right?)". I think it sucks. I don't mind not obtaining a legendary when it is current. I love "being in awe" or someone who actually taken the effort of completing it with the guild. I think it'ss good when a guild needs to decide who is going to get the legendary.

In my guild we used the very simple criteria:
    1. who can benefit from this item the most in theory (class)
    2. who has been in the guild the longest
    3. who has the highest % for being in raids (and not skipping)
    4. who is the most skilled

If you make a deduction based on this, you most likely will come up with a select few members and officers/GM. Personally (though I never asked for it) I think the GM (if he works hard for the guild) should get it if he/she qualifies within the 4 criteria.
    On the one side Bizz defeats than when you want some items/ enchants etc you need to farm a rep /valors and says YOU NEED to PUT some effort to get them.
    On the other side they decide to change their minds about legendary- most powerful items in the game with most powerful stats and process - you just need to "farm" LFR which is same boring as Daily quets and with same level needed.

Hate "legendary" this Expac! I can live with it when officiers decides I will not be picked up as first for it. Better than current sad state.
    *My Art * Armory * Sigs requests *PM Requests closed !

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The only thing that MoP legendary lacks in comparison to other legendaries is guild drama. You could raid with people for literally years... and then bam! first legendary goes not to him aaaaaaaaand here goes the shitstorm, he and his friends, which is half of the guild, leave guild. Or, as always, officers' lootwhoring. "Dude, you'll get your staff, sure... after I, my wife Mary, my granny aaaand my dog will get theirs". Or, the stupidest ever decision of giving a class legendary, which leaded to eight raiders became angry and cancelled sub at the moment patch gone live. Oh thank you, thank you, dear Blizzard, that finally everyone has the same chances to obtain yellow item as everybody.
    Also. Topicstarter, you don't realise that the very core of the game has changed since first implementation of the Sulfuras legendary, do you? People ARE NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE in gathering legendary items for other people - for those who obtain legendary and immediately leave and transfer, for lootwhoring officers, for wives, granddads, GM's tax officers, and all other. People are interested in obtaining something by themselves. So please, stop your special snowflaking, you're just the same person as any of other 7.7 mil players.
    Can't agree more with this. Every time there was a legendary we have to decide who would get the legendary and then there would be some others pissed off and gquit. Even worse, those who got their hands upon legendary did not really appreciate the efforts other guildies had contributed to it and grew a over boosted ego. If there were a little unsatisfactory thing happened, they quit as well. My guild had been around since the lunch of WoW and now the only ones who got a legendary and still around are the ex-guild master and current GM. I have had enough pains about legendaries and glad to see the new way of implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascetina View Post
    Can't agree more with this. Every time there was a legendary we have to decide who would get the legendary and then there would be some others pissed off and gquit. Even worse, those who got their hands upon legendary did not really appreciate the efforts other guildies had contributed to it and grew a over boosted ego. If there were a little unsatisfactory thing happened, they quit as well. My guild had been around since the lunch of WoW and now the only ones who got a legendary and still around are the ex-guild master and current GM. I have had enough pains about legendaries and glad to see the new way of implement.
    You can never know if a player will quit the game or guild. But with the way (see my post above) I have done it, we never had any issues. Atleast not when the content was current. And who cares if a player leaves the guild/game after the content has been dealt with?

If your officers/GM had an overboosted ego you were probably in the wrong guild anyway. I basically got my legendary handed to me, without even having to ask for it, by the members. (Val'anyr) They thought I had earned it. But all in all the officers and me already picked a few players who could also be the one getting the item. I voted to roll for it between selected members. I won anyway

To inflate raiders egos, besides loot, we already have realm first achievements, and such things. In other words, loot means nothing, you want to be something and show how good you are in a videogame, go get a realm first on heroic difficult of any boss, besides that, everyone that get the same equipments as you, or have a decent progression, or even have spent months of effort following a 1 year questline, should be able to get the same reward as you.
    Yea, I liked this legendary mode, the eye of ragnaros, or even thunderfury, wasn't even close to be a challenge, was just a lucky item, same with Shadowmourne, the legendary staff, the mace from Ulduar, and the fangs of the father, the only really hard, not so lucky based, item to get was Atiesh, where you had to progress through the hardest raid ever made, and so a few guilds was able to clear to Kel'Thuzad in classic.

I think a legendary should be a guild effort, like Val'anyr. And you know full well that you most likely (tho theoretically possible) you wouldn't be able to complete that mace just playing normal modes. You required to do hardmodes to gain enough shards to complete it before ToC was launched. So while it wasn't "as hard as Atiesh", it was pretty hard to make while it was current.

Then there are no legendaries in the game. They're all quite easily obtainable if you put in the time(what we're doing with the cloak).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Then there are no legendaries in the game. They're all quite easily obtainable if you put in the time(what we're doing with the cloak).
    Not really. Shadowmourne and Val'anyr wouldn't be obtainable with just a bit of time. You need to do certain modes or handle a specific boss in a certain (difficult) way. Which not everyone would be able to do.

Then there are no legendaries in the game. They're all quite easily obtainable if you put in the time
    Are you sure? I saw low atiesh population before, and before BWl, i only saw 2 sulfuras (one in my clan).
    We need to know how many cloacks we will se before the next patch launches. Then, we will now if all the legendarys are easy.

Legendary doesn't mean how rare it is, but how good is the quality of the item.
    Rarity is based on luck drops, not efforts or ability, like the LK mount, that is a rare item, I'm sure we have less mounts from him than any legendary item in game when we was in the tier of that legendary.

Rarity is based on luck drops, not efforts or ability, like the LK mount, that is a rare item, I'm sure we have less mounts from him than any legendary item in game when we was in the tier of that legendary.
    I'm with you in that legendary is the quality of the item. But should be rarity, unique, etc....so, in the other words, shoulb be Legendary.
    It's just my opinion, but I find logic and awesome lore-wise if they create something like atiesh (and remove it from the game after each patch if you want).

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    Legendary used to also mean how rare it is. And actually SHOULD mean how rare it is:

grey - white - common - uncommon - rare - epic - legendary

You see how this works out?

But yeah it doesn't mean that anylonger... which to me is stupid.

Then, by your standards, what would be legendary? Would it be great for the community if there would drop only one legendary item from server first last boss of the tier?

Legendary used to also mean how rare it is. And actually SHOULD mean how rare it is:

fixed it for you ^^ But I do agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zandervont View Post
    Then, by your standards, what would be legendary? Would it be great for the community if there would drop only one legendary item from server first last boss of the tier?
    Legendaries should be hard to get, and should require a group effort to get. Not mindless grinding of LFR/normal/HC. It used to take a group of people doing bosses in certain ways to even get the items required for legendaries. A Legendary quality item is an item that only a number of people have received through that combined effort. But since Blizzard wants to make all items obtainable for everypony, this is no longer the case.

I got you point, but I guess we assumed that because of the lowest item, like you wrote.
    We assumed that epic is more rare than rare items, but even if you check the classic that is not true. Let's use the Askhandy (or w/e how to spell that name right) for example, it is a epic item indeed, and not everyone had access to this, but a Orb of Deception was even more rare than any epic, because the loot chance was lower than those epics.
    Did you got what I mean? We never had any official position of Blizzard explaning that the item quality (that you have mentioned) means how rare it is, even with the categories of quality having names of rarity...

Quote Originally Posted by Renascido View Post
    I got you point, but I guess we assumed that because of the lowest item, like you wrote.
    We assumed that epic is more rare than rare items, but even if you check the classic that is not true. Let's use the Askhandy (or w/e how to spell that name right) for example, it is a epic item indeed, and not everyone had access to this, but a Orb of Deception was even more rare than any epic, because the loot chance was lower than those epics.
    Did you got what I mean? We never had any official position of Blizzard explaning that the item quality (that you have mentioned) means how rare it is, even with the categories of quality having names of rarity...
    Yeah thats true. Orb of deception was very hard to get. Blizzard wasn't totally consistent with stuff like that.

I think tho that originally they did intent to have this system of rarity in place. I had a book based on the beta still... (strategy-like guide) officially from Blizzard - where there are 2 more catagories there. Artifact (red I think) and one more color, which I don't remember. In that small teksts it was said that legendary and above were items that would be so rare that players would go through years of playing before even seeing one.

Casual game is Casual.

Yeah thats true. Orb of deception was very hard to get. Blizzard wasn't totally consistent with stuff like that.

I think tho that originally they did intent to have this system of rarity in place. I had a book based on the beta still... (strategy-like guide) officially from Blizzard - where there are 2 more catagories there. Artifact (red I think) and one more color, which I don't remember. In that small teksts it was said that legendary and above were items that would be so rare that players would go through years of playing before even seeing one.
    Artifacts are still ingame, but are now called Heirlooms

Well, I see way less orange items than purples, so it still counts