Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    it used too in BC...when wow thrived.
    Nope. It wasn't uncommon for top guilds to have 5 full sets of Warglaives in their raid team.

Also, by definition, WoW 'thrived' during Wrath of the Lich King. But hey. Facts and figures eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendary item really isn't a legendary if it doesn't look like one. Which these legendary cloaks don't. They are just stat sticks that look like shit and will be replaced in one teir. Atleast old legendary weapons looked cool and still look cool after all these years. How rare they are doesn't matter.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Nope. It wasn't uncommon for top guilds to have 5 full sets of Warglaives in their raid team.

Also, by definition, WoW 'thrived' during Wrath of the Lich King. But hey. Facts and figures eh?
    thats still alot less than there is now. Atleast back then it had exclusivity about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post

It was also common for top raid guilds to have none because the drop rate was shit. Atleast with newer ones you atleast know you are going to be rewarded with them after putting in the effort.
    Aye mate

some top guilds had them some didnt , thats exclusivity and its finest , thats what having a legendary should be about right now in MOP.

It comes down to what your idea of a "legendary item" is. One way to look at it is that it's an extremely rare item that only a few people on a realm have it.

Another concept of a legendary item would be the more character-centric, lore-driven perspective. Lore always revolves around YOUR character and is written in a way as if you were a major protagonist, no matter if there's 12.000 other people on the server who are getting the exact same illusion. It's not about how many people have it, but more like "this is the one super-powerful item your toon has been working on getting throughout the whole expansion, given to him by this super-important lore guy".

Nothing wrong with either of the two. You just need to relax. The problem is that a lot of WoW players are like pesky neighbors, they keep peeking over the fence and comparing their car and swimming pool to yours. Just because you think the term "legendary" should be preserved for the showoff item that puts you on top of the special snowflake ladder, it doesn't mean it has to be used that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Lore always revolves around YOUR character and is written in a way as if you were a major protagonist
    Wrong. Its written about 25 alliance/horde heroes. YOUR character is the only one working for the black prince. However the last one it was the rogue of the 25 that was working for the black prince.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    If you manage to grind 6k valour, gather 10 sigil of wisdom, 10 sigil of power, 40 titanium bars, grind to exalted, grind 20 secrets , 12 runestones, unlock all of the isle of thunder, down a world boss, complete some bgs, complete multiple side quests and challenges, let alone what 5.4 has to offer then i would say you deserve the legendary. So how is having so many requirements in order to obtain it "everyone having it"

I loved the idea of legendaries being limited. It doesn't have to be as limited as Atiesh, just be limited enough to make not everyone have one. As much as I hated Cata, Cata legendaries were nice. They weren't crazy rare as in most guilds has a decent amount of them, but they were rare since only dps casters and rogues could have them. This a legendary for every class/spec is kind of lame imo.

It's not a legendary in my mind. I want a legendary weapon. Hunters still the only class to not have a legendary BiS, as well as having gone the longest of any class without receiving a legendary. Not to mention Thori'dal had practically no lore behind it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    The difference is it was always widely spread in Diable which made it baseline to begin with.

This legendary takes many hours to craft but is piss easy to get. Make it harder to pass quest by doing some hard group quest (a tank n spank boss to kill with 3 other people isn't really hard).

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It's not a legendary in my mind. I want a legendary weapon. Hunters still the only class to not have a legendary BiS, as well as having gone the longest of any class without receiving a legendary. Not to mention Thori'dal had practically no lore behind it at all.
    Thori'dal was best in slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now legendary its just the new epic items... they are no so common but not so rare. They realy need to add a nou degree of high end item so u will feel like u have a "legendary" item, ho will be hard to get like Atiesh staf were, or have incredibile graphics like Thunderfury.
    Last edited by mosu332; 2013-07-27 at 08:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They could just rename it to Personal Storyline Quest Reward. While it may be orange colored, it does not have any legendary feeling in it.

Rare items are extremely common. Why do we still call them rare?

Because it's just a label.

Please god let them never return to the "grinding shards/fragments for one player" like Shadowmourne or Dragonwrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    You're not a special snowflake who has something uber unique and can stand around outside the AH showing it off now. Oh well. Moving on.
    So hypocritical. You were probably the guy who was complaining about all the "special snowflakes" since vanilla, because you didn't get to be one. Congrats, you got your wish.

Can't stand other people with orange pixels getting more attention, can you?

Going to the cliche "You just want to be a special snowflake!" only tells me that you're a very jealous, selfish and unpleasant person.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I have to wonder if OP is concerned because it's available to every class and spec, or because anyone who wants to devote time to get it can?
    Can you be more specific Bobby?
    If it's a class/spec thing, then I dunno what to say.
    If it's a time sink= reward, then I ask how is it different then farming glaives, frostmourne, thunderfury or the others, I mean really, as long as you can organize a group and lock stuff, you too can have the hammer from ulduar/staff from firelands/daggers from DS.
    As long as you aren't completely retarded, and can organize a group, you can have all these for only time and a little effort.
    So how is it any different? All specs and classes can get it. Okay, I understand that, but at least not one specific group (casters/melee/healers ect) have an absolute edge for the xpac. So I don't see that issue as much of a loss. Other then that, I fail to see any real reason to support your feelings.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know there was a time when Legendary meant something and it usually meant something only to the guilds that could farm them and their "superstar" **INSERT CLASS HERE**. To everyone else in the game it was the equivalent of some moron sitting on Mirmidon's Head or Invincible outside the AH 24/7/365. Yeah, we get it, you're special.

With the length of the legendary quest line in MoP spanning a year and likely 6 months of raiding if you started from scratch today it is indeed.... legendary.

Trust me, having done the green fire quests and dueling the Prince, both are legendary worthy experiences.

Yes, the legendary cloak is very accessible. It is also a major undertaking worthy of an orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    You know there was a time when Legendary meant something and it usually meant something only to the guilds that could farm them and their "superstar" **INSERT CLASS HERE**. To everyone else in the game it was the equivalent of some moron sitting on Mirmidon's Head or Invincible outside the AH 24/7/365. Yeah, we get it, you're special.
    Yup yup yup...

So hypocritical. You were probably the guy who was complaining about all the "special snowflakes" since vanilla, because you didn't get to be one. Congrats, you got your wish.

Can't stand other people with orange pixels getting more attention, can you?

Going to the cliche "You just want to be a special snowflake!" only tells me that you're a very jealous, selfish and unpleasant person.