Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    time doesnt always mean effort , for example for firelands , if ur guild chose u to get the legendary , and u ran it every week , theres really no effort involved except killing bosses and even if there wasnt a legendary , killing bosses is the goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Legendary never meant hardly anyone had it, Hardly anyone used to have the old legendaries, But really, IMO this cloak legendary is far more legendary than just something you hope drops randomly off a boss,

Legendary, means it's name is in Orange, that's all
    theres no exclusivity about it then ? and right now ITS literally something that everyone will have SO i do not see how you can call it a legendary when most raiders and his dog will have it BY the end of the expansion..

Actually, the Cloak style is very in tune with legendary items in Asian mythology. Very few of those were things like Excalibur (barring things like weapons supposed to have been used by the gods or in the mythological ages), that only one person destined by fate got to have; they were more or less things that were made legendary by either their creators or the people who used them. Some examples:

Guan Yu's Green Dragon Saber, Zhang Fei's Serpent Spear, Liu Bei's twin swords, Cao Cao's Sword of Truth and Blue Blade, Tadakatsu Honda's Tonbo-giri, hell even the swords of Masamune and Muramasa, none of these were some "gifted by God" weapon, they became legendary with the deeds of their wielders. That's pretty much what the cloak quest is, and the meta and weapon gem before it. WE make them legendary through our deeds (i.e. defeating the Mantid and the Sha of Fear, defeating the Thunder King, soon to be defeating Garrosh Hellscream), they aren't legendary just because or because they were made by a god or whatever.

In fact I would have almost preferred if we had gotten weapons, and had to do the same kind of quest chain to get them forged and tempered, which would have been even MORE like the legendary weapons in Chinese and Japanese myth.

Deleted
    Just another step in turning the game into something that is devoid of soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    time doesnt always mean effort , for example for firelands , if ur guild chose u to get the legendary , and u ran it every week , theres really no effort involved except killing bosses and even if there wasnt a legendary , killing bosses is the goal.

- - - Updated - - -

theres no exclusivity about it then ? and right now ITS literally something that everyone will have SO i do not see how you can call it a legendary when most raiders and his dog will have it BY the end of the expansion..
    How does time not equal effort? The only effort is killing the bosses? The flavor and the difficulty of all the different "outside of raid" aspects of the Tarecgosa legendary were there. Same thing with the rogue legendary. If killing bosses wasn't the goal to get the legendary (It's always been, but this time instead of relying on luck or something, it's player -DEDICATION- and to some point player skill.) then we have a serious problem.

If it's something -everyone- will have, do you mean that in the sense of everyone that is currently raiding (including lfr) is going to get it, because they worked toward and/or deserve it? Or do you mean Blizzard will be mailing it to people just hitting 90, nevermind sigils, sha of fear kill, 3 week valor grind, 20 secrets, 12 runestones, lei shen kill and 1k timeless coins, ALONG with all the things -you- the player have to do inbetween all of that that does not involve raiding.

I'm starting to think you made this thread just to incite a flame war.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2013-07-27 at 12:04 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    NO one bar high end raiders will have the fucking cloak you moron. want to know why?

celestial's blessing.
    its HARD really really hard.. you haven't done it yet? try that quest before complaining.

thank you.
    If you cant do it, then you my friend are the moron. Its simply a move out of the crap test. Its not a huge ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    To me, it's more about the effort and less about the rarity. The old legendaries took no effort other than killing the bunch and getting really freaking lucky on the RNG. The current one actually takes quite a while to get. Frequent raiders will have it. Others won't.
    What effort? Time =/= effort. As long as you do LFR every week you can get it, how is that working hard, hell you can AFK your way through to the last part of the current cloak? This legendary is just as much a RNG nightmare as the other ones are. Before they changed the runestones to drop from Lei Shen every week it was an endless RNG grind.

"Taking a while to get" doesnt mean it hard, it just means its a grind.

I much prefer the ICC and Cataclysm model. Yes, there was an RNG portion, but there was also a portion where you had to do certain things in a raid. Notably, Shadowmourne and the infusions.

This is the EASIEST legendary to date. There is literally nothing hard about it. The hardest part is dealing with window lickers in LFR (if you need to do it in LFR)

I find absolutely nothing legendary about this cloak. Its easy to obtain, everyone has access to it, you can get it in the most mundane level of play, it requires zero cooperation or team play.

A legendary to me is a combination of things.

A) Has to be a challenge to obtain.
    B) Involves a combination of raid and outside quest objectives
    C) Requires team play and cooperation.
    D) Rarity
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2013-07-27 at 12:27 PM.

discuss..it seems weird that when in bc i would see maybe 2-3 ppl with warglaives wotlk maybe 30-50 ppl server wide with shadowmourne , cataclysm almost every raiding rogue on frostmourne had the legendary , and towards DS most spell casters had the legendary. I liked it when getting a legendary made you actually stronger than 99% of the community , and it was all purely BASED on luck, because right now , a legendary item isnt so legendary when every damn raider in the world including LFRers have the item, or will eventually get the item.
    No matter how you support this argument, which I wholeheartedly agree with, there will always be the entitled masses that shout you down and bury you under post after post of "you don't get to define legendary because i finally got one while it was still relevant" posts.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

A legendary Item isnt really legendary if everyone has it.
    And definition of legendary is "something only a few players have"?

Its probably more like "something that is better than other gear with same itemlevel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    The way legendaries should work is this:

-Should begin with quests that are started by very low drop chance items from bosses in raids.
    -Questline should be very difficult and require you to push your skill to the limit, while taking you all over the world to gather materials and do favors for people who will help you finish your task, raise reputation with some old faction or something, etc...
    -After completing the questline, you are given some kind of an item that, after defeating the final boss of the raid, causes him to have a chance to drop the legendary item (you and anybody else with the item are the only ones who can loot it).
    -LFR version should be epic and not legendary.

so ur saying the few people who got warglaives of azzinoth when it was 100% based on RNG were special snowflakes. I bet u wudnt be saying that if u were the one to be the only one on the server with the legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

it used too in BC...when wow thrived.

- - - Updated - - -

so im guessing most people prefer if all the raiders have it on the server ? then it pretty much becomes an epic weapon.
    I think you mean wotlk

How many epics require a LONG quest chain that takes multiple months even if RNG gods are on your side?

Only epic that takes a long quest chain to get is http://www.wowhead.com/item=32757 iirc, and that can be done in a few hours i think
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always pefered the quest model. But I also liked it when it was an actually challenging quest line.

- - - Updated - - -

So you think it should be luck based?
    Which means you can sit there 10 years later and still not have it, even tho every noob got it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol the only legendary that ever was "legendary" was the necklace talisman of the binding shard which was found by only one player... ever.

Here's his armory, he still has it on http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avorx/advanced

Also your TBC argument is totally invalid, every rogue and their granny had those bloody glaives in my old guild.(during tbc)
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    i just feel like an item with legendary status shud be based on pure luck so only few ppl have it, cos right now , i logged back on after 3 months of being away played for 3 weeks , ended up getting the legendary meta and soon the cape ? didnt really feel legendary , it felt like it was just another thing i needed to do to improve my character.
    Yes and this is a lie, since just one of the quests require you to get 3k valor = capped for 3 weeks and yadayada. Liar and so much wrong with this comment i cant even begin to undermine it like i want to.

I bet you havent even started, you just QQ like the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    It's not the number of people who can get it, it's the work that you put into it to get it It's the best quality and it is top tier overall, it takes long hours of work and it is supposed to be special as aside to just a normal epic item.
    You win right there, with that statement alone!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

legendary  
    leg·end·ar·y [lej-uhn-der-ee]
    adjective
    of, pertaining to, or of the nature of a legend.
    celebrated or described in legend: a legendary hero.

Synonyms: allegorical, apocryphal, created, customary, doubtful, dubious, fabled, fabricated, fabulous, fanciful, figmental, handed-down, imaginary, imaginative, improbable, invented, mythical, mythological, related, romantic, storied, told, traditional, unhistoric, unhistorical, unreal, unverifiable

Legendary doesn't mean rare. I feel Blizzard should have just called them Fabled items or something since people apparently don't know the meaning of legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Legendary doesn't mean rare. I feel Blizzard should have just called them Fabled items or something since people apparently don't know the meaning of legendary.
    Actually the term "legendary" refers to the highest level of rarity in the Warcraft universe. Of course you aren't going to find that in your dictionary, but just so you know.

Maybe they should come out with Fabled items that are even rarer, why not?

Everyone and their uncle had Dragonwrath, Fangs, and Shadowmourne at one point, yet those are somehow legendary.

Maybe it's because people are making excuses for what the actual issue is:

It's not a weapon to everyone's bitching and looking for any way to justify it.

Because if you look at it, no legendary has been exclusive. The ones that were had to do with RNG and in no way was that legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Warglaives of Azzinoth weren't any more legendary than any of the others aside from the fact that they were Illidan's weapons. They were obtained based on whether the rng gods liked you or not. If anything, it required less effort to obtain because you could get one on your first kill.

Deleted
    Legendary definition atm would be a mean to keep casuals playing after the current patch is no longer hot. As the history shows casual tend to pay 1-2 months when a patch comes and quit after, by doing this legendary awarding system you are forced to keep playing if u want your shiny oranges

Deleted
    If we go by OP's definition, then epic gear doesn't feel epic, rare gear sure as hell ain't rare, and uncommon gear is about as common as any other items.