Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's a "random" drop that can be on any boss in ToT. I have to know, i've got one.

If an item is classified as Legendary, it is Legendary. There is nothing anyone can possibly do to say otherwise.

Better then stuff like Vanilla where only a few people go it, quit and now not only are they legendary they are non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Osheri View Post
    Agree completely however, LFR "raiders" should not be able to have access to it. They can go afk in a LFR run every week and still manage to get the legendary.
    As can everybody else. Collecting the oodles of stuff isn't the hard part anyway.

No idea why they don't just make them like old legendaries except only transmoggable with no stats. I think it's fair that if a person has a legendary, it should be something awesome to see in town.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As can everybody else. Collecting the oodles of stuff isn't the hard part anyway.
    Ummm thats my point? Legendary items should only drop on normal and heroic with a lower drop rate for normals. People getting spoon fed = casuals get bored, hence the lower sub numbers.

The Patient
    in my mind, it's legendary simply because of the all the freaking work and quests we had to do prior just to freaking get to that point, that's all...who cares how many have it...those legendary quests are annoying -_-

The way i see it is that its your adventure and at the end of this epic adventure you get an legendary cloak from those guardian animal things (dont know their actual species). It just so happens its a mmorpg and that multiple people are on the same adventure for the same goal/reward. I dont see anything wrong with that plus its like any other rpg out there but you know its more tedious to get

Grunt
    I like the model of the "work the entire expansion to get the legendary" kind of thing, but I fear that once they release and people begin to get their capes on live, it will be something like "LFM SoO, MUST have legendary / achieve"

My point is, yeah I like the idea that more people will have access to the legendary, however, it is highly likely that it will become required to have one to get into groups for even normal raids because there will be so many people with them, someone who is either trying to gear a new toon for raiding or who has bad luck with drops (like me) and will get the cape some time after the majority does, will have trouble actually getting anywhere when the legendaries are pretty much standard-issue

The Lightbringer
    Agree completely however, LFR "raiders" should not be able to have access to it. They can go afk in a LFR run every week and still manage to get the legendary.
    Have you done the two solo scenarios for that legendaries in LFR gear? No? Well, it ain't easy, and you certainly cannot AFK through those.

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Quote Originally Posted by Aurakol View Post
    I like the model of the "work the entire expansion to get the legendary" kind of thing, but I fear that once they release and people begin to get their capes on live, it will be something like "LFM SoO, MUST have legendary / achieve"
    That's fine if it's only for normals. If it becomes the norm to ask for those in Flex then Flex has failed.

Given the amount of ridiculous rng, gating, grinding and general bullshit thrown behind getting the thing I sincerely doubt "everyone" will have it.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Given the amount of ridiculous rng, gating, grinding and general bullshit thrown behind getting the thing I sincerely doubt "everyone" will have it.
    In particular, why should someone not planning to go beyond LFR get it? What exactly does it do for them? The item will be scaled down in instanced PvP, and the proc won't go off even in world PvP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

In particular, why should someone not planning to go beyond LFR get it? What exactly does it do for them? The item will be scaled down in instanced PvP, and the proc won't go off even in world PvP.
    Open a world boss. What else can they add for it? They don't want it to feel mandatory (and I agree with that) but at the same time they want some impetus to do the bloody thing. Actually I'm okay with it feeling mandatory if it wasn't such a pain in the ass and so god damn time consuming. I guess then it wouldn't feel "legendary".
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Getting gear 40 ilvls above LFR isn't a good enough incentive?

And if the people strictly doing LFR aren't raid-quality people, they won't get past Celestial Blessings before 5.4.
    Gear is not the issue with that quest. You are making it sound like its one huge DPS check or something that requires an excellent level of play.

If youve got a stun or a slow, a defensive cooldown and a self heal, the DPS one is a breeze. Once you work out that the adds need to go down and you need to kill as many images as you can whilst using a defensive cooldown, the challenge is over.

If the LFR people cant work that out, they DO NOT DESERVE a legendary. Hell, Id argue if you stricly do LFR you dont deserve it full stop no matter how good you think you are. The only achievement there is being able to wait in a queue.

A legendary is orange colored.
    If it has an orange text, then it's legendary, regardless of how many players have it.

Ummm thats my point? Legendary items should only drop on normal and heroic with a lower drop rate for normals. People getting spoon fed = casuals get bored, hence the lower sub numbers.
    No, it's not. In fact, my point is that the collection part is so irrelevant that it shouldn't be used to determine who should be eligible and who shouldn't. It's just there to stretch things out. Removing it from LFR wouldn't improve anything, nor would it lead to "casuals" getting less bored, quite the opposite. It would make more people get bored faster, something Blizzard certainly wouldn't want.

Nobody is getting spoon fed as is, as you can't just afk through the actual challenges, you can't even take some friends to help with several of them.

Casual players often don't raid in the first place, so they wouldn't be affected all that much anyway.

The low difficulty in obtaining the new legendary seems to be a major concern.

But what about the endless time invested in the quests that lead up to the final reward ? I still know people that are on the sigil quests because of bad RNG.Grinding out so much of your spare time to do a repetitive task every week in a game should not be in vain,specially since it is a game that is made to be played for fun.Yet the fun aspect in getting the necessary items is gone after the 1st week you run it.

Skill should be rewarded ,and that's why you can get the items from LFR + Normal raid also ,both in same week.

But dedication and patience should be rewarded also,that's why you can get the legendary item from LFR as well

I agree with OP. Legendary item should be rare. If everyone in Camelot wielded Excalibur it wouldn't be so legendary, would it?
    After it's old content, go for it. More things to do in game.

Hope all future legendaries are obtained like this
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3