Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It is still incredibly ludicrous that by AFKing LFR you are able to complete a huge chunk of the quest.

Oh wait, I don't get to have a say what "legendary" means so I guess afking in LFR is bien.

Deleted
    What a Legendary item is, is an item, that's special in terms of lore, either it belonged to a powerful character or it was made by some special force. That's what legendary means, it doesn't matter how many people have it.

What a Legendary item is, is an item, that's special in terms of lore, either it belonged to a powerful character or it was made by some special force. That's what legendary means, it doesn't matter how many people have it.
    No, that's not true.
    There are more powerful items lore-wise that main warcraft characters used and they become purple items in WoW.
    And there are orange items that are not powerful but they look cool.

Everybody can do the same quest to save little Timmy from the well. Doesn't matter that someone else already saved him from the well that day, each character's existance is completely seperate from the other as far as quests go. Don't see why loot should be considered differently.

I have 0 idea how people can defend LFR giving legendary items. It really shows at what state the game is in now. If you AFK enough or do 5k dps while ignoring all raid mechanics, you will get rewarded with the most powerful item in the game!
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    my alts sure won't lol, to much effort to raise alts up this time around, as an altoholic it annoys me, catching up on 9 other toons is to much effort....maybe...just maybe... one other toon...but honestly none of my other toons are at that point...3 of them have about 15-30 powers, and 1-5 wisdoms...then valor grind on dps chars...ugh...much much easier to stick with just my main, my tank, the beautiful Hakujaden.
    Cool story bro. I have cloak on 3 chars atm, and working on it with 2 more.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I have 0 idea how people can defend LFR giving legendary items. It really shows at what state the game is in now. If you AFK enough or do 5k dps while ignoring all raid mechanics, you will get rewarded with the most powerful item in the game!
    I have an idea. Because those people have no clue what the game was like before this or simply weren't dedicated or good enough to obtain such items before. Then they come here argueing for personal benefits not for the game in general.

People only think obtaining 3 or 6k valor is legendary because they are getting one. When I first saw that quest I could cry. How unimaginative can you be? Same with doing BG's for a legendary... or random drops in LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    It was so special they let copies rain from the skies after the powerful character who created it dropped dead because of 25 afking/slacking/zerging players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    You still have to do your celestial challenge. I did my first challenge as my disc priest alt, LFR-hero if there ever was one. It took me several attempts. I'm not pro at disc priest, and that the gear was around 515 which is fairly awesome for a char that hasn't set foot into normal ToT (let alone valor-capped every week... pfft, I'm way too lazy to cap alts) instead of 540+ surely must have added a bit of difficulty. Then I did the ranged dps challenge on my main, though in secondary spec... I only play that one for dailies and such (though I also did challenge modes with it at the beginning of the expansion). Still, I'm absolutely not pro at elemental. I'm actually so bad at it that I wouldn't dream of attempting a heroic boss in that spec *shudder* though I did play a few normal modes in that spec in tier 14. And despite of having had a bit more gear in my secondary spec (I think it was around 530 - 535) compared to the ilvls of my disc, I had some difficulties with the ranged dps challenge. And it took a fair few attempts. I think I'd have waltzed over the healer challenge on my main what with 540+ gear at the time.

My point is that unless you know your spec halfway well and/or outgear those challenges (the less gear you have, the more you need to try and figure out how to best time your abilities and stuff), you'll be putting some effort in, especially as an "LFR-hero". There is no afking through the challenges. Who seriously cares about someone half-afking their way through LFR while they're waiting on RNG-drops off of the bosses? If those people can't play their class, they'll not get through the challenges. I'm convinced of that. You either shape up or outgear it (and if you can outgear them, you probably had a lot knowledge about your class to begin with because then you'll have raided at the very least normal mode and maybe even some heroic encounters already). Well, or you pay someone to get your char through the challenge... but that's way risky since Blizz doesn't like account-play.

Get it out of your heads that every guy in LFR is leeching their way towards the legendary. Many people put in a lot of effort, even if it's only LFR. At the end of the day, the parts of the questline that are completed in LFR are the parts with the terribly RNG drops that everybody is moaning at and experiencing a lot of disappointment with. Because it's entirely out of your hands if you'll be rewarded with another piece for the quest or not. Rep-farming, scenarios... those are the truly legendary parts of the questlines. Those are the ones that are in your hands.
    Last edited by Seriss; 2013-07-31 at 11:49 AM.

As has been said... a legendary based on luck would maybe make sense in Diablo, but not in a game like WoW. In WoW, it makes more sense how it is today: that you'll "earn" your legendary item over the course of many weeks/months, with accompanying lore and events and quests and shit. That makes it feel like you've done something amazing. Because this is still an RPG by heart. Not a luck-based lootfest.
    And the value of the legendary is not in how few people have it, but in how good it is compared to similar items.

Legendaries USED to be items that were not seen on more then 3/5 characters per server per legendary.

Now suddenly Blizzard changed this to: "Relax its just a colour, it just means the item itself is flagged as legendary."

While this is probably good from a "everyone wins" mentality like Blizzard has shifted towards. "Its good for business!!! (yeah right, you see the subs declining right?)". I think it sucks. I don't mind not obtaining a legendary when it is current. I love "being in awe" or someone who actually taken the effort of completing it with the guild. I think it'ss good when a guild needs to decide who is going to get the legendary.

In my guild we used the very simple criteria:
    1. who can benefit from this item the most in theory (class)
    2. who has been in the guild the longest
    3. who has the highest % for being in raids (and not skipping)
    4. who is the most skilled

If you make a deduction based on this, you most likely will come up with a select few members and officers/GM. Personally (though I never asked for it) I think the GM (if he works hard for the guild) should get it if he/she qualifies within the 4 criteria.

Not everyone has it, in fact I'd guess perhaps max 100k will get it and the rest of the 7.6mills won't, that makes it rare. I assume this thread was made by someone who raids hardcore and want more glory then beating the content provides.
    I never liked the fact that I wouldn't have a chance for a Legendary or the first Legendary because an officer or a long term member was prioritized, the current model is far better.
    I think it's sparks more farm raid interest if you got something else to do then trying to get those last pieces for a few other members, when you got something you work towards and can do on multiple characters it creates replayability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    "Its good for business!!! (yeah right, you see the subs declining right?)".
    I don't think it's good for business. It's certainly not aimed at the "casuals" who are having engagement problems. If anything, it's of a kind with the other "we're giving you more things that feel like you have to do them even if they aren't fun" broken philosophy of this expansion.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

"Omg the new system is so much better than the old system. Back in Vanilla and TBC it was 100% about luck, this way you actually need to put effort in."

Yes, besides the fact that there were extremely few guilds who were good enough to clear raids like Black Temple while it was current content in order to actually have a chance at seeing warglaives drop. People (who most likely never played back then) seem to always forget the intense amount of time, skill, and dedication it took to get one of the old legendaries while it was current....

but with the current system everyone will get one for paying Blizzard $15 a month (and that's pretty much the only requirement), and since I will get one let's just all ignore the facts about the old system!

I don't think it's good for business. It's certainly not aimed at the "casuals" who are having engagement problems. If anything, it's of a kind with the other "we're giving you more things that feel like you have to do them even if they aren't fun" broken philosophy of this expansion.
    I see this new MoP Legendary a little different:
    -They need to play all the expansion (maintain sub).
    -You don't need to progress far in PvE (LFR, so more people can try to have that item= more market-fragment).

If you change your main target from an item (hardcore to everybody that do LFR), you have a lot of people that can't unsub (of course they can't but you put some chain-arguments to try to maintain them).

Deleted
    me wearing it makes it legendary...nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    discuss..
    I remember seeing this discussion in Wrath (and every so often afterwards) about epics. After all how "epic" is something when everyone can go out and buy it with VP or gold as soon as they hit 90, or do a quick quest?

This entire concept of "everyone should get to see and experience everything" has been happening since Wrath. So I'm not really sure why people are acting shocked about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Legendaries USED to be items that were not seen on more then 3/5 characters per server per legendary.

Now suddenly Blizzard changed this to: "Relax its just a colour, it just means the item itself is flagged as legendary."

While this is probably good from a "everyone wins" mentality like Blizzard has shifted towards. "Its good for business!!! (yeah right, you see the subs declining right?)". I think it sucks. I don't mind not obtaining a legendary when it is current. I love "being in awe" or someone who actually taken the effort of completing it with the guild. I think it'ss good when a guild needs to decide who is going to get the legendary.

In my guild we used the very simple criteria:
    1. who can benefit from this item the most in theory (class)
    2. who has been in the guild the longest
    3. who has the highest % for being in raids (and not skipping)
    4. who is the most skilled

If you make a deduction based on this, you most likely will come up with a select few members and officers/GM. Personally (though I never asked for it) I think the GM (if he works hard for the guild) should get it if he/she qualifies within the 4 criteria.
    On the one side Bizz defeats than when you want some items/ enchants etc you need to farm a rep /valors and says YOU NEED to PUT some effort to get them.
    On the other side they decide to change their minds about legendary- most powerful items in the game with most powerful stats and process - you just need to "farm" LFR which is same boring as Daily quets and with same level needed.

Hate "legendary" this Expac! I can live with it when officiers decides I will not be picked up as first for it. Better than current sad state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The only thing that MoP legendary lacks in comparison to other legendaries is guild drama. You could raid with people for literally years... and then bam! first legendary goes not to him aaaaaaaaand here goes the shitstorm, he and his friends, which is half of the guild, leave guild. Or, as always, officers' lootwhoring. "Dude, you'll get your staff, sure... after I, my wife Mary, my granny aaaand my dog will get theirs". Or, the stupidest ever decision of giving a class legendary, which leaded to eight raiders became angry and cancelled sub at the moment patch gone live. Oh thank you, thank you, dear Blizzard, that finally everyone has the same chances to obtain yellow item as everybody.
    Also. Topicstarter, you don't realise that the very core of the game has changed since first implementation of the Sulfuras legendary, do you? People ARE NOT INTERESTED ANYMORE in gathering legendary items for other people - for those who obtain legendary and immediately leave and transfer, for lootwhoring officers, for wives, granddads, GM's tax officers, and all other. People are interested in obtaining something by themselves. So please, stop your special snowflaking, you're just the same person as any of other 7.7 mil players.
    Can't agree more with this. Every time there was a legendary we have to decide who would get the legendary and then there would be some others pissed off and gquit. Even worse, those who got their hands upon legendary did not really appreciate the efforts other guildies had contributed to it and grew a over boosted ego. If there were a little unsatisfactory thing happened, they quit as well. My guild had been around since the lunch of WoW and now the only ones who got a legendary and still around are the ex-guild master and current GM. I have had enough pains about legendaries and glad to see the new way of implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascetina View Post
    Can't agree more with this. Every time there was a legendary we have to decide who would get the legendary and then there would be some others pissed off and gquit. Even worse, those who got their hands upon legendary did not really appreciate the efforts other guildies had contributed to it and grew a over boosted ego. If there were a little unsatisfactory thing happened, they quit as well. My guild had been around since the lunch of WoW and now the only ones who got a legendary and still around are the ex-guild master and current GM. I have had enough pains about legendaries and glad to see the new way of implement.
    You can never know if a player will quit the game or guild. But with the way (see my post above) I have done it, we never had any issues. Atleast not when the content was current. And who cares if a player leaves the guild/game after the content has been dealt with?

If your officers/GM had an overboosted ego you were probably in the wrong guild anyway. I basically got my legendary handed to me, without even having to ask for it, by the members. (Val'anyr) They thought I had earned it. But all in all the officers and me already picked a few players who could also be the one getting the item. I voted to roll for it between selected members. I won anyway

To inflate raiders egos, besides loot, we already have realm first achievements, and such things. In other words, loot means nothing, you want to be something and show how good you are in a videogame, go get a realm first on heroic difficult of any boss, besides that, everyone that get the same equipments as you, or have a decent progression, or even have spent months of effort following a 1 year questline, should be able to get the same reward as you.
    Yea, I liked this legendary mode, the eye of ragnaros, or even thunderfury, wasn't even close to be a challenge, was just a lucky item, same with Shadowmourne, the legendary staff, the mace from Ulduar, and the fangs of the father, the only really hard, not so lucky based, item to get was Atiesh, where you had to progress through the hardest raid ever made, and so a few guilds was able to clear to Kel'Thuzad in classic.