Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Hattori Hanzo made more than one sword. Does that not make each of them legendary?
    Few of them earned legendary status and not the entire world was able to own one by just "doing some simple chores".

Deleted
    Oh all this rage about the legendary items reminds me of the rage when Badges of justice vendors were introduced in TBC or when 3.2 hitted and you could buy ulduar gear from simply farming heriocs. "EPICS ARE NO LONGER EPIC, EVERYONE HAS THEM!"

But now on topic, I don't play the game anymore but for the sake of shutting the "elitist" crowd up I think blizzard should consider creating a seperate version for herioc raiders in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Everyone has legendary in diablo 3 yet its still legendary.

Point is, you don't get to define it.
    I agree with this. Your definition of legendary isn't the same of WoW's. Maybe in the past, but there's nothing wrong with them redefining their view on what is "legendary" (which is in the current).

Deleted
    almost every rogue and warrior had the twin glaives in BC also every hunter had the legendary bow (which was quite crap compared to illidans bow) ...anyways...legendarys are made for everyone, since everyone pays the same monthly fee. also in d3 everyone can get full legendary for 1$ lol, just sayin...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzFanboyForever View Post
    almost every rogue and warrior had the twin glaives in BC also every hunter had the legendary bow (which was quite crap compared to illidans bow) ...anyways...legendarys are made for everyone, since everyone pays the same monthly fee. also in d3 everyone can get full legendary for 1$ lol, just sayin...
    orly? Pretty sure only the rogues and warriors that farmed Illidan (final boss of T6) for months had glaives. Do you happen to know the % of raiders that actually farmed Illidan?

Even then, you still had to be somewhat lucky.

Legendaries should be rare.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

This legendary still has its hurdles - hurdles that a lot of people are not going clamber over for more than one (maybe, maybe two) of their toons. I'm honing in on my 7th 90. ONE is caught up proper, the rest haven't started and likely won't. So I guess "Everyone will have it" is subjective. I will on one toon, but not 6 others. Do I still fit in to "everyone"? My two healers will still mash through LFR and won't have the cloak, so if I'm on one of them, you'll think I don't have it.

The grind and the RNG will keep people from doing the quests. It probably already does. You'll see many of them, but if you get that bent out of shape that someone was able to meet the same requirements as you, well, maybe you need to reevaluate some things.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of rare legendary item's just doesn't work. It may be fun and exciting for those who do manage to get one but overall the whole process is never any fun, even the ones you had to craft (shadowmourne, dragonwrath, val'anyr, fangs, ect) the idea of always having to be there, never being able to miss a raid before you get it and after you get it (so the raid can benefit from the item) and lord help you if that person jumps guilds afterwards. It's all just one giant headache.

The way it is implemented in MoP is fine, everyone that puts forth the effort can be rewarded as such with their legendary item, we even get to fully use our legendary for progression in the same tier its introduced...thats never happend before.

Legendary might not mean "rare" anymore but it at least still reflects most of the time and effort put forth in order to obtain it. In that regards im happy with it.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I think it depends on the item in question. If it's a specific item that was used by a "legendary" NPC, like Frostmourne and such, then yeah it should definitely be more rare.

However, the cape shouldn't be ruled out just because a lot of people will have it. It's considered legendary because a young black dragon made it. It's a legendary item that was made for your character personally during present-tense conflict. Pretty cool, really. Hope we see more of this type of lore expansion — introducing new story while still having back story available to build upon.

I'm pretty excited to see what the future holds because I was sure pandas would be a disaster, but I was wrong (though I still haven't been able to get into pet battles though so...eh a lot of people seem to like it, so that's that. At least there's no real story emphasis put on it, thank goodness). Plus, the patches this expansion demonstrate, to me at least, that their perception is close to dead-on with what I've seen as problems (i.e. the amount of time between content patches, allowing other ways to get rep other than dailies, putting more emphasis on premade/server groups rather than randoming stuff to death, proving grounds so (hopefully) there are no more shamans fighting the current baddy-boss who don't know what heroism is...I could go on and on). To boot, even though subscriptions overall continue to decline (and likely will do so until they reach some stabilization point, which I'm gonna say is somewhere between 3-4 million based on nothing but a gut feeling) some of the players that I saw who left have returned.

Quote Originally Posted by ManglolSA View Post
    Imagine the more real reality of you being the only person on the server without it!
    There are posters who already complain about the existence of proving grounds and groups wanting using it as a requirement. The proving grounds dont take a significant amount of time investment unless you are a new player who is learning at which point it is performing as intended. What about players being denied PuGs and guild invites based on no legendary which takes a notable time investment. The person can always form their own group, but there will be complaints about players using legendaries as a metric for invites. Such a sad thing to happen to something that used to be more of a bonus or not on the radar of most players when forming groups.

Ill tell you what though, it will feel mightily good to have more legendary wielding players to stomp on the meters after stomping a few back in Cata despite being notably lesser geared ignoring the legendary. Well maybe for the first couple of weeks then my brain will go WTF.

I laugh at all the LFR heroes who think they actually earned a legendary. LFR is to see the content not get loot. Why do you need a legendary? It's not like LFR people will need it to progress.

I think the way to make legendaries work is to have some sort of raid-wide limit on their number. If more people have them than that, their extra stats/proc are reduced so there's no benefit from the extra.

This way, it's only a mild negative if a new recruit doesn't have the legendary, and only a mild plus if he does. This reduces the barrier to recruiting newbies and reduces the incentive for poaching.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo42 View Post
    Everybody can do the same quest to save little Timmy from the well. Doesn't matter that someone else already saved him from the well that day, each character's existance is completely seperate from the other as far as quests go. Don't see why loot should be considered differently.
    That's because WoW happens to be a freaking MMO where you see other people. The more blizzard tries to make WoW your personal story, the more immersion breaking it is to see other players doing the exact same thing. Saying that you should ignore other people once agian surfaces a certain fundamental question at this point. Why not just change WoW into a single-player game with multiplayer sub-component? At this point it would make more sense.
    Last edited by mmocac96309fe0; 2013-07-31 at 06:49 PM.

Well, as a feral druid who never got a single chance to get a legendary, I could care less. Besides it's just a cloak that only shows it's spell effects when it procs. IMO, you seem mad that it's not a weapon with a cool model. We all knew before MoP came out that everyone would get a legendary, but NOW you want to bring it up? This is old news bro get with the times. Old legendary weapons were not even that legendary. Woah someone got lucky with RNG, let's all praise his name! Sure, they looked cool, but the drop rates were not abysmal like a LEGENDARY WEAPON should be. Lower the chance to drop down to .01, THAT would make it legendary. But no, they won't do that because people will complain they are TOO legendary and cry that they can't get them.

TLR 100% of the WoW population will NEVER agree on one thing and people will always complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. In fact, my point is that the collection part is so irrelevant that it shouldn't be used to determine who should be eligible and who shouldn't. It's just there to stretch things out. Removing it from LFR wouldn't improve anything, nor would it lead to "casuals" getting less bored, quite the opposite. It would make more people get bored faster, something Blizzard certainly wouldn't want.

Nobody is getting spoon fed as is, as you can't just afk through the actual challenges, you can't even take some friends to help with several of them.

Casual players often don't raid in the first place, so they wouldn't be affected all that much anyway.
    And my point is that the collection part should not be irrelevant, what dont you understand? You should only be able to collect the items from normals and heroics. The fact that you can get it from LFR makes it irrelevant because it is easy to obtain.

Legendaries used to be a good mix of heavy lore, uniqueness and of course awesome stats. With mop, orange is becoming the new purple, just as heroic dungeons became normals.

The lore is fairly new, that's not a problem, is a nice story and a good way to build up a new lore character as Wrathion.
    The uniqueness is lost, and that's a problem. How can be that raiding harder content rewards with the same item and it could even take longer that for someone that only plays LFR? If they repeat this legendary model for future expansions, they really need to understand that uniqueness is a must in this kind of game.
    The awesome stats are indeed awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I laugh at all the LFR heroes who think they actually earned a legendary. LFR is to see the content not get loot. Why do you need a legendary? It's not like LFR people will need it to progress.
    I swear, i've seen this exact post before.

The lore is fairly new, that's not a problem, is a nice story and a good way to build up a new lore character as Wrathion.
    The uniqueness is lost, and that's a problem. How can be that raiding harder content rewards with the same item and it could even take longer that for someone that only plays LFR? If they repeat this legendary model for future expansions, they really need to understand that uniqueness is a must in this kind of game.
    The awesome stats are indeed awesome.
    That's what I'm afraid...
    The mentality that Blizzard had in wow-vanilla is gone. Now, they want some "chains" in form of Legendary-quest that maintain people subed for all expansion.

The stuff feels quite legendary to me, my only problem is that it ruins any prospects of rerolling or having a raid-ready alt - aka ruins catch-up mechanisms.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Druegor View Post
    An uncommon item isn't really uncommon, Rare items aren't really rare, and Epic aren't really epic. The quest is "legendary" and the time put in to the quest is what makes it that.
    No, as it is now it is honestly just a nother color with higher stats. Personally haven't felt any attachement to an item since tbc, and maybe some in wotlk.

Blizzard really doesn't care about these things as long as they get more money in.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    The stuff feels quite legendary to me, my only problem is that it ruins any prospects of rerolling or having a raid-ready alt - aka ruins catch-up mechanisms.
    I don't get that last bit much. Before you had no chance to get a legendary at all and it wasn't a part of gearing up either. It is not a part of gearing up now either. And you actually can easily imo, have atleast 1 other character getting the legendary cloak. I play like perhaps 1 hour a day and my 2 "mains" are equal in terms of progress towards the cloak. Recently I decided I couldn't care less about it anymore and just left it before the finishline. Perhaps I'll get it someday when I feel like it.

But I guess you feel forced by your guild (by yourself) to get a legendary cloak.