Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not. In fact, my point is that the collection part is so irrelevant that it shouldn't be used to determine who should be eligible and who shouldn't. It's just there to stretch things out. Removing it from LFR wouldn't improve anything, nor would it lead to "casuals" getting less bored, quite the opposite. It would make more people get bored faster, something Blizzard certainly wouldn't want.

Nobody is getting spoon fed as is, as you can't just afk through the actual challenges, you can't even take some friends to help with several of them.

Casual players often don't raid in the first place, so they wouldn't be affected all that much anyway.
    And my point is that the collection part should not be irrelevant, what dont you understand? You should only be able to collect the items from normals and heroics. The fact that you can get it from LFR makes it irrelevant because it is easy to obtain.

Legendaries used to be a good mix of heavy lore, uniqueness and of course awesome stats. With mop, orange is becoming the new purple, just as heroic dungeons became normals.

The lore is fairly new, that's not a problem, is a nice story and a good way to build up a new lore character as Wrathion.
    The uniqueness is lost, and that's a problem. How can be that raiding harder content rewards with the same item and it could even take longer that for someone that only plays LFR? If they repeat this legendary model for future expansions, they really need to understand that uniqueness is a must in this kind of game.
    The awesome stats are indeed awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    I laugh at all the LFR heroes who think they actually earned a legendary. LFR is to see the content not get loot. Why do you need a legendary? It's not like LFR people will need it to progress.
    I swear, i've seen this exact post before.

The lore is fairly new, that's not a problem, is a nice story and a good way to build up a new lore character as Wrathion.
    The uniqueness is lost, and that's a problem. How can be that raiding harder content rewards with the same item and it could even take longer that for someone that only plays LFR? If they repeat this legendary model for future expansions, they really need to understand that uniqueness is a must in this kind of game.
    The awesome stats are indeed awesome.
    That's what I'm afraid...
    The mentality that Blizzard had in wow-vanilla is gone. Now, they want some "chains" in form of Legendary-quest that maintain people subed for all expansion.

The stuff feels quite legendary to me, my only problem is that it ruins any prospects of rerolling or having a raid-ready alt - aka ruins catch-up mechanisms.

Sig by Pangcakes

Quote Originally Posted by Druegor View Post
    An uncommon item isn't really uncommon, Rare items aren't really rare, and Epic aren't really epic. The quest is "legendary" and the time put in to the quest is what makes it that.
    No, as it is now it is honestly just a nother color with higher stats. Personally haven't felt any attachement to an item since tbc, and maybe some in wotlk.

Blizzard really doesn't care about these things as long as they get more money in.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    The stuff feels quite legendary to me, my only problem is that it ruins any prospects of rerolling or having a raid-ready alt - aka ruins catch-up mechanisms.
    I don't get that last bit much. Before you had no chance to get a legendary at all and it wasn't a part of gearing up either. It is not a part of gearing up now either. And you actually can easily imo, have atleast 1 other character getting the legendary cloak. I play like perhaps 1 hour a day and my 2 "mains" are equal in terms of progress towards the cloak. Recently I decided I couldn't care less about it anymore and just left it before the finishline. Perhaps I'll get it someday when I feel like it.

But I guess you feel forced by your guild (by yourself) to get a legendary cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I don't think it's good for business. It's certainly not aimed at the "casuals" who are having engagement problems. If anything, it's of a kind with the other "we're giving you more things that feel like you have to do them even if they aren't fun" broken philosophy of this expansion.
    Broken indeed. I hope they've come to the same recognition although I very much doubt it unless some heads roll.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.