Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Already took a poll. Demon hunter torched every class except death knight, but still beat it. You remember it. I know how you like to conveniently forget things, but mmoc is just a small sample. If trends continue, which they would because when people think wc3, they pretty much think demon hunter, its easily the most wanted class. Not fucking tinker lol
    Fair point. However, MMOC isn't the entire WoW community. Additionally, I'm sure if you polled someone before 2008 and 2012, the DH would probably win over DKs and Monks (Brewmasters), but guess which two classes entered the game and guess which one didn't.

Well that's not necessarily true, Demon Hunters are in the game, just in a different form.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Fair point. However, MMOC isn't the entire WoW community. Additionally, I'm sure if you polled someone before 2008 and 2012, the DH would probably win over DKs and Monks (Brewmasters), but guess which two classes entered the game and guess which one didn't.

Well that's not necessarily true, Demon Hunters are in the game, just in a different form.
    Well idk what that was supposed to say, because it beat both in 2013. Blizzard has to cater to the fans eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    I only hope for a more mature content and having spells that differently work in pvp and pve, alongside better pvp power optimization.

Also-tinker class,lol.
    And wtf is with south seas, I would rather go back to Outland and upgrade it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well idk what that was supposed to say, because it beat both in 2013. Blizzard has to cater to the fans eventually.
    It is, by slowly converting the Warlock Demonology spec into a Demon Hunter spec.

The class, as the fans want it to be, would never work in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Blizzard is going to have to work some extreme magic if they add the Demon Hunter. Warlock has been siphoning a lot of abilities or hinted workings of a demon hunter forever now, let alone other skills from Warcraft 3. The single most apparent one is Metamorphosis, which is a Warlock ability (But a Warcraft 3 Demon Hunter ability). It'd feel weird on how they could change it to fit.
    Not just Metamorphosis; They're going to have to pull apart the entire Demonology spec to make a DH class work.

And for what? Another DWing melee class? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Also-tinker class,lol.
    The previous two expansion classes;

http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...thknight.shtml
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

The only one left without a WoW presence;

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

Naga sea witch and dark ranger are barely touched in the bow weilding manner. I truly think a ranged class based off sea witch dark ranger and priestess of the moon could be made, idk ranger?

stealth/bow class
    Dark ranger - shadow damage summons skeletons
    sea witch - nature damage and attacks people with tornados
    priestess - nature and fire damage summons spirit owls

not full pet class, just has summons like shamans with less damage and smaller cds.
    plus it could be mail int
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-07-29 at 07:03 AM.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    That would make engineering as a proffesion kinda wrong. Like giving a shadow spell to a pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naga sea witch and dark ranger are barely touched in the bow weilding manner. I truly think a ranged class based off sea witch dark ranger and priestess of the moon could be made, idk ranger?

stealth/bow class
    You mean like Hunters?

not full pet class, just has summons like shamans with less damage and smaller cds.
    Or Blizzard could just make Marksmanship the petless Hunter spec.

plus it could be mail int
    There are no INT bows/guns/xbows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    That would make engineering as a proffesion kinda wrong. Like giving a shadow spell to a pally.
    Doubtful since none of the Tinker's abilities exist in engineering.

You mean like Hunters?

No, because hunters use bows, doesnt mean theyre the same. Like tinkers and engineering.
    Hunters dont resurrect peoples bones when they kill, hunters dont charge their arrows with lightning or fire. Hunters cant attack people with falling stars, so gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Or Blizzard could just make Marksmanship the petless Hunter spec.
    Probably wont happen.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no INT bows/guns/xbows.
    And that couldnt be changed why?

Wondering if the Stormcrow and Enchanted Fey Dragon aren't clues to the next expansion. Completely separate thematically from MoP and as of yet unimplemented.

I don't know what it would make other people come back, but here is what I'd like to see...

To be honest, I don't think there is any new class that would appeal to me. There are a gazillion classes already, and all of them are fucked up. Adding more crap in this shit would not make anything better. They should really rework the existing classes, make them more unique and less bloated with shitty skills.

They should also do something with the talents, because even if they suck less than the talent trees, at the end of the day they suck ass. You still only have pretty much one choice for any given thing you want to do. I think the worst thing about them is being grouped in tiers, instead of letting you make a glass canon or a tankier toon if you choose so. And there should be more choices on a tier too.

So no, I don't think that it matters what new race or new class they add, if they are going to be the same shit. People that left, including myself, got bored of the whole thing.

One thing I would really like to see is a reduction in daily quests. I know that dumb saying "you don't have to do them", but really, there is nothing else to do, since they spend the development time on dailies. And you do have to do them actually, to unlock things, so I got really tired of that crap during Island of Thunder.

And I have to mention this: all those classes ideas, like tinker or demon hunter are dumb. They would bring nothing really original or fun to the game. To be honest, I have no idea what could bring something original or fun after 10 years and 11 classes and 34 specs. Really... less is more.

So are the race ideas about naga and ogres: dumb. Some have no legs or have four hands, the others are too fucking big. Imagine 14 ogres in the AH. Can you do that?!? Not to mention the lore... why the fuck would naga get involved with the horde or the alliance?

Another thing that I would like to see, and it really pisses me off, is removing the character cap on server. Having max 11 characters on a server is retarded. Sure it ain't retarded for Blizzard, because it makes people pay a shitload of money for transfers, but really... there is no other reason for the cap since you can only play one at the time.

I would like to see the dead servers problem resolved. I don't give a shit how, merges, megaservers, it doesn't matters. Ignoring people or saying they are working on it for like 5 years, is a shit in the face of the customers. Another thing I would like to see fucking implemented is sending account bound items across realms. Stop fucking around with excuses that is so incredible hard that it's actually easier to send a crew to Mars. It isn't. "It isn't possible with the current tech". Is anyone dumb enough to believe that crap? You bastards want us to send mules across servers and pay 20 euros for it...

I would like to see dungeons again, not that piece of shit from Pandaria, where heroics were actually normal dungeons and there was nothing in place for heroics. I would like to have more dungeons released during the expansion. I don't want scenarios, I hate them, they can go to fucking hell. Sure I would have no problem with them if they would add scenarios AND dungeons, not just retarded scenarios I don't give a shit about.

I would like to see harder content in the world, now with CRZ they can put back the group quests and the elite mobs. I would like to see the zones actually be tailored on the leveling speed, not being gray after you do like half of the content.

I'm pretty sure that are a ton more things I'd like to see, and they pretty much are about the CURRENT state of the game. If they don't fix that, I don't give a fuck about the new zones, new races, or new classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evakare View Post
    Wondering if the Stormcrow and Enchanted Fey Dragon aren't clues to the next expansion. Completely separate thematically from MoP and as of yet unimplemented.
    I actually heard a rather interesting tale about the next expansion...

I’m not going to reveal sources because that’d be unfair, and they’re at best spurious, but I was given to understand that Garrosh survives the Siege of Orgrimmar. At its conclusion, Jaina and Aethas Sunreaver imprison him in some form of time-cell which malfunctions, and shoves Garrosh back onto Draenor before Ner’zhul formed the original Horde. Determining that the Horde itself is a noble concept, but that it must win the first war (and every war after it), Garrosh brings his own modern knowledge of military machinery and tactics into the past and creates the “Iron Horde” in order to rewrite history.

Why this might happen:

- We saw the Iron Horde banner in datafiles recently.
    - Returning to Draenor could herald Legion-themed content.
    - Blizzard have mentioned updating Outland.

Why this might not happen:

- It would be another Horde-themed expansion; three in a row is pushing it.
    - People are sick of Garrosh and his warmongering, and this seems to be continuing it.
    - It would wreck the timeline in so many ways, it’d be a lore mess.
    - … It’s silly.

Like I said, this information should be taken with a grain of salt because the source I got it from isn’t particularly reputable or even well known to me – it’s also tertiary information handed down via Chinese whispers. That said, I could see it potentially working as a Caverns of Time five-man or scenario, so I suppose you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because hunters use bows, doesnt mean theyre the same. Like tinkers and engineering.
    Except Hunters are a class. Engineering is a profession.

Hunters dont resurrect peoples bones when they kill
    No, but they do have Black Arrow. The animate dead portion of the spell was removed for balance purposes.

hunters dont charge their arrows with lightning or fire.
    That wouldn't make much of a difference. A lightning arrow would do what? Slow down the target? Concussive Shot does that. What would a fire arrow do? Put a DoT on the target? Serpent Sting already does that.

Hunters cant attack people with falling stars, so gg.
    No, but Druids already do that.

Probably wont happen.
    Why wouldn't it? Blizzard is looking to diversify the pure DPS specs.

And that couldnt be changed why?
    I never said it couldn't be changed. I'm just pointing out that obstacle.

I think it's fair to say the majority of the community would probably vote for Demon Hunters. Doesn't mean Blizzard will make Demon Hunters though.

I would also say that according to my crystal ball, Demon Hunters are probably the front runners at Blizzard HQ as well. That's just my feeling.

But the big problem is, how would you make a DH class when DH has already been filed under "Warlock", and the major ability the class revolves around is prominent in the Warlock toolkit? Difficult problem to solve, probably one reason why Blizzard hasn't made them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Except Hunters are a class. Engineering is a profession.

No, but they do have Black Arrow. The animate dead portion of the spell was removed for balance purposes.

That wouldn't make much of a difference. A lightning arrow would do what? Slow down the target? Concussive Shot does that. What would a fire arrow do? Put a DoT on the target? Serpent Sting already does that.

No, but Druids already do that.

Why wouldn't it? Blizzard is looking to diversify the pure DPS specs.

I never said it couldn't be changed. I'm just pointing out that obstacle.
    Both have overlap. Deal with it. Black arrow now isn't what I said it could be. Read carefully. Shandris feathermoon has the starfall I was thinking of. The bow version. Not druid. And Iits just flavor. Each spec does different damage. They don't need to all have different effects. All I'm saying is its imo a possinle class. Not just tinker. Id play it over tinker. People love dark rangers.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Overlaps with classes is different than overlaps with professions. Just about every class overlaps with a profession in some way.
    And just about every class overlaps with another in some way.

Its the only unexplored theme left from WC3, and WC3 is the birthplace of all WoW classes.
    Even were that true, Blizzard isn't tied into mindlessly advancing something just because it is in WC3.

Well just to end this here; Only Druids can be the Dragonsworn of Ysera,
    Nonsense. The theme of a "Dragonsworn" sworn class - or whatever you end up calling it - would be Dragons. The nature of the class, its abilities, its roles, would be based around Dragons. Not Druidism. Not Magery. Dragons. You are imprinting your own ideas of what a Dragon themed class would be without even considering any other alternative. Worse, you are trying to present the concept in such a negative light that you can argue it can't possibly work....simply so you cban argue it won't work.

You seem fixated, for example, in the idea that a Dragonsworn of Ysera MUST be a druid. And so on. You are arguing so much for the reasons YOUR version can't work that you keep missing the central point.

There is NO class which has a Dragon theme. Just as there is no class which has a tech theme. Or a sound theme., Or whatever. NO matter which them you go for, there will be some overlap somewhere. Even with your precious tinkers, there will be an overlap.

Well every class has filled that WC3 criteria, and so far this entire Dragonsworn concept just sounds like a Mage. Sorry, it just does.
    As I said, Monks weren't in WC3. Brewmasters were but Monks weren't. And YOUR version of Dragonsworn sounds just like a Mage because you effectively just took a mage archetype and called it Dragonsworn. Dragonsworn don't have to be Mages or casters. They could be melee. They could be healers. They could be hybrids. They could draw on the power of the plagued/chromatic/netherflights. They could be dragons themselves or other races transformed.

You do yourself a disservice by limiting your arguments in such an absurd fashion.

Again, because all classes came from WC3.
    And this is important because....?

I have yet to hear a better alternative.
    You have yet to hear an alternative you - personally - like better. Other players agitate for Demon Hunters, Bards. BattleMages. Rangers. Necromancers. And so on. Those players think their options are best.

Again, at this juncture in WoW, the Tinker class simply makes the most sense.
    In your opinion, based upon your criteria which are weighted according to your values. I think there is a fair chance you are right. But do I think it is inevitable? No. Do I think it will absolutely be the next class? No.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-07-29 at 08:44 AM.

I totally forgot about Wrathion, I'd like to see older version of him, someone like Deathwing. Who will be helping us to fight with Legion.

To be honest I think everyone would feel excited to see Wrathion and Illidan together, or it's just me...?

Gotta love how the Tinker troll makes every damn topic about expansions about his tinker love. You have a THEORY not FACTS. Just like everyone here. Get over yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Gotta love how the Tinker troll makes every damn topic about expansions about his tinker love. You have a THEORY not FACTS. Just like everyone here. Get over yourself
    Actually my entire argument is based on facts;

Fact: Every WoW class comes from a WC3 unit or hero.
    Fact: There are no WoW classes based on technology.
    Fact: Tinkers are the only WC3 hero unit without corresponding WoW abilities.
    Fact: A profession isn't the same as a class.

The only opinion portion is that I believe that those facts point to the imminent inclusion of a Tinker class. Sorry if that bothers you so much.

Anywho, my theory on the expansion:

Either burning Legion, south seas, or something cataclysm like. Completely reworking an levelling area

Seriously this again? Every week same thread about this topic... Listen, High Elves will not happen, demon hunter will not happen, burning Legion is all but guarenteed in next xpac, and south seas is not big enough for an expansion (it's more like a deep sea xpac). Some good ideas the Internet community is coming up with and I'm pretty sure G. Street reads these threads, but lets get focused and real, no more tin foil hat speculation please lol. Ogres pro pally will happen, Burning legion will happen next or soon, and we will learn more at blizz con.

Why do people want demon hunters anyways? Would be a shallow ass class, and we have warlocks who have a "demon hunting" glyph. Great class ideas are: tinker, bard, summoner, and dragonsworn. So much more deapth, since each class is essentially 3, well soon 4.

Nagas won't be a race(can't ride a mount with out legs), but Ethereals, ogres, and bird like aarakoa might be, or thunder cat like people. Drop the high elf idea, it would be mindless and confusing.