Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    No. They get similar magic. And really - a Dragonsworn/Dragonborn/Dragon themed class offers just as much room for flexibility as the Tinker without any SF baggage that Blizzard may or may not want to import. A Dragon themed class may also fit better with the intended XPac. You may want to limit the class to a caster role but Blizzard isn't bound by that restriction.
    Having Wrathion breed/create a small army of Black Dragonkin to assign to the Horde and Alliance would be interesting, however.

It even makes some weird sort of sense for him to become the most powerful Aspect eventually, considering he's the only one who didn't give up a huge amount of power to defeat Deathwing.

i'd like to see a 4th spec for each class. there's a lot of room for creativity there. it would add way more replay value than simply adding a new class. many people would dust off forgotten alts and lvl up new alts. hundreds, if not thousands of hours worth of play time with that.

it would also give some players the opportunity to experience something different. if you don't like alts, but you've been playing a 3 dps spec class then you haven't had much chance to experience different sides of the game. they could very easily accomplish that with a 4th spec.

Why is everyone hating on MoP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    To be serious I dont think they will "Shoot their load" so soon by bringing up the Burning legion straight after MoP.
    They have to build it up more, I think next expansion will be indeed South seas based with Azshara as main villain and Kul Tiras, Undermine, and Tel'abim appearing.
    With suxh exp blizzard can only expect another sub loss. If blizzard do not realease somethig really big wow will not survive another 2,5y

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Agreed. The idea that all these people would suddenly resub based on the bosses we're fighting is hilarious.

So what happens when the expansion ends? Are all those people who resubbed to fight the legion suddenly going to unsub again? Then what was the point of shoe-horning a Burning Legion expansion in the first place?

A final battle between Azeroth and Burning Legion is inevitable. However, I seriously doubt its going to be the next expansion.
    Shoe horning the Legion? Don't make me laugh, it's not like there's a limit for Burning Legion expansions, otherwise the Burning Crusade would've filled that. There's still Kil'Jaedan and Tichondrius out there, both are pretty big bad guys. As for "the bosses we're fighting" Yea, it does, I have quite a few buddies that can't stand the Asian theme and Lolpandas, and just unsubbed, Considering Cata was a flop overall and thematically MoP has been weak and failed on a few fronts, they need everything they can going in their favor, it would be incredibly stupid to risk an "out of left field" expansion like Pandaria, or even the South Seas, ESPECIALLY with the amount of foreshadowing done in MoP. Anyhow, I cannot wait until Blizzcon so I can PM you a celebratory "You were wrong" message, it'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    doesnt matter what the next expansion will be about. It wont help wow to gain as much subs as it even had on MoP launch. People are droping out wow like stones cuz there is lots of free to play games with high quality. What blizzard needs to do is to finaly make wow into a FTP model with a real money shop with transmog stuff, pets, mounts and so on.
    No they really don't, They're still making plenty of money from a sub model even if subs drop by another 2 million, and quite frankly, I would rather have them spend 100% of their time on useful things not awful looking transmog, pokepets, and ponies. Sorry but FtP is not the way to go, they simply need to ace the next expansion and start blowing F2P games out of the water. Plus do you really want WoW open to everyone? Can you imagine how bad the community would be? No thanks, keep on the $15 monthly fee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Why do people want another demon xpac? Like I know it's going to happen eventually, but hello, been there done that
    Because Vashj'ir was fucking terrible, We've seen Old Gods for the Past 3 expansions, and the Burning Legion is 10x cooler and more interesting than Azshara, an imprisoned N'zoth and some Naga. Not to mention Wrathion has been saying "Burning Legion" at every turn, factor that in with the Burning Crusade being a great period for WoW and it shouldn't be too hard to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    Because the Panda theme for an entire expansion is weak, they feel VERY disconnected from the main story, especially when the "main story" arrives on Pandaria's shores. Eyeball Garrosh and Gorehowl due to a Pandarian Old God is pathetic. The Asian themed zones look awful and if I never saw them again, it would still be too soon. Gated dailies at the start, loleasy dungeons, loleasy scenarios, meh t14, alright t15, PvP balance or lack of, rather, it's honestly not too hard to see.

Outlands revamp, Argus for 88-95, Demon Hunters and/or Tinkerers for next class, Ogres and High Elves as new races. I don't know about you people but I am tired of the old gods. Time to move onto something else. They need to go big if they want to get some of those subs back. And no, taking way LFR and all the new features would be a waste and would actually hurt subs more.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As for a Dragon-themed class; Highly doubtful. Druids already get some of Ysera's magic
    No. They get similar magic. And really - a Dragonsworn/Dragonborn/Dragon themed class offers just as much room for flexibility as the Tinker without any SF baggage that Blizzard may or may not want to import. A Dragon themed class may also fit better with the intended XPac. You may want to limit the class to a caster role but Blizzard isn't bound by that restriction.

A Tinker class certainly has a lot going for it, but to suggest its the only possible route that the game can take is stretching things.

EJL

Where in that did I mention Vashj'ir or N'zoth? Are you just trying to voice your opinions by twisting my words?
    Do you see any other good(where players will stay or resub) options instead Vashj'ir/N'zoth/Naga/Azshara if you don't want to play in Burning Legion expansion?
    I don't think so.

Also, did anyone expect Pandas on a turtle island during Cataclysm? No, it could be anything, we'll just have to wait and see.
    And this is the reason why some people don't like this expansion, it looks like it was made far from Warcraft, you can say "but it's WAR! They said it's WAR itself!", but I really cannot see much "war" in this. We're sitting on a Pandaria(I like Asian theme, but this is too much), and Garrosh stole ancient artifact so we're going to Orgrimmar. That's all from this "war". (Theramore event was before MoP)

I haven't seen Forsaken/Worgen fighting in the Lordaeron, I haven't seen Night Elves/Orcs/Trolls/Draeneis/Taurens fighting in the Kalimdor. This "war" was in Pandaria and now it's in Orgrimmar, nothing special. Blizzard is focusing too much on Garrosh, Vol'jin and Varian, they're forgetting about other good heroes, like Malfurion, Tyrande, Sylvanas, Genn Greymane, Velen and their races. I know that Warcraft 1 and warcraft 2 was focused on Orcs & Humans, but yeah... I want to see other races also.

10+ Year Old Account
    First problem. Illidan.. is not.. coming... back. I killed him, I remember doing it. I went poke and he died. he had a death animation and everything, then my guild mate also took his glaves, used them for a while. Yep, he's dead, I'm sure the broken just threw him off the side of the citadel and the demons ate him or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Because the Panda theme for an entire expansion is weak, they feel VERY disconnected from the main story, especially when the "main story" arrives on Pandaria's shores. Eyeball Garrosh and Gorehowl due to a Pandarian Old God is pathetic. The Asian themed zones look awful and if I never saw them again, it would still be too soon. Gated dailies at the start, loleasy dungeons, loleasy scenarios, meh t14, alright t15, PvP balance or lack of, rather, it's honestly not too hard to see.
    And lo, I remember aaaaalll the threads where people bitched "Oh, why can't we have a quiet normal expantion where we aren't fighting some evil bad guy, and things are nice and calm"

There was soooooo many of these threads. And blizzard listened... just like blizzard listened to people wanting something like Cata. Maybe people should shut up, and let blizzard do what it wants to do.

What blizzard needs to realize, is the major playerbase isn't hardcore, and it isn't lol easymode casuals. It is the in between player. they need to stop pleasing the 3% at both ends of the bell curve, and focus on that.. what is it 64% in the middle.

Because hardcores will fight a chckered box, and casuals sub and unsub like crazy, cause they wanna quest, then that's it.. maybe do lfr once

cause if you add up the monthly fee, and take away lie 5 bucks for servers it comes to like 60 bucks for a patch, neglecting gear, you can "Experience" it in a few hours.
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2013-07-28 at 08:24 AM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    Because the enemy is "War itself" storyline stinks. The whole Horde VS Alliance thing is beyond played out, Garrosh isn't an interesting enough villain and the Alliance isn't interesting PERIOD, it hasn't been since Doomhammer cracked Lothar's skull in half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensu24 View Post
    Because the enemy is "War itself" storyline stinks. The whole Horde VS Alliance thing is beyond played out, Garrosh isn't an interesting enough villain and the Alliance isn't interesting PERIOD, it hasn't been since Doomhammer cracked Lothar's skull in half.
    People asked for it, don't forget that... people seem to hate on every expansion at the end, but love it at the beginning, I wonder why that is
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    First problem. Illidan.. is not.. coming... back. I killed him, I remember doing it. I went poke and he died. he had a death animation and everything, then my guild mate also took his glaves, used them for a while. Yep, he's dead, I'm sure the broken just threw him off the side of the citadel and the demons ate him or something.
    He's a Demon. Demons don't die forever. He can come back.

And he'll want his Glaives back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Shoe horning the Legion? Don't make me laugh, it's not like there's a limit for Burning Legion expansions, otherwise the Burning Crusade would've filled that. There's still Kil'Jaedan and Tichondrius out there, both are pretty big bad guys. As for "the bosses we're fighting" Yea, it does, I have quite a few buddies that can't stand the Asian theme and Lolpandas, and just unsubbed,
    And then there's quite a few who joined the game altogether because of those pandas.
    One thing I do not get here..... Where do you, and others think, these pandas will go to, at the end after this expansion? Nowhere!
    They are in the game, the remain in the game until the end now. Be it the zones from 90 - 95 to level through, be it the race played by many. If you want a WOW without Pandas and Pandaria, you might as well stay away, since they are now a part of the game.
    What's really counterproductive is the over-complicating and adventurous analysis many come up with.
    "I know the solution, because I know exactly what brought the game down".. No, no one knows. It's all speculation through the eyes of more or less fanboy or game hater.
    The answer may as well be as simple as it comes... The game grown old, and nothing - regardless of content to come - can stop it's decay. At best the decay can be slowed down, but not stopped. WoW is - despite of much of the unfunded hatred of anecdotal value - a phenomenon in the genre of MMO's. It is so, because it is a truly great game. No matter how much bitching and whining there is. One can put all the rose tinted glasses aside, or all the hate ammo too. At the end of the day, the cold hard facts trump everything said. And those facts read as: Highest market share in the MMO business. Largest sub based MMO ever made. An overall lifetime of 2 decades of the Warcraft franchise as a whole.. That means, many players of older days are nowadays easily already grandparents, or parents..

Chip away with the solutions, of which none can or will succeed. Since WOW simply got an old relic. People who quit won't come back. They've grown older too, and it's safe to say that the vast majority likely doesn't even play a lot anymore, let alone sub based. Replenishment with fresh blood and bodies? Unlikely too. Times have changed. And with that, customer behavior and expectations.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    People asked for it, don't forget that... people seem to hate on every expansion at the end, but love it at the beginning, I wonder why that is
    No one asked for 3 straight expansions of Horde Vs Alliance. The conflict should have concluded at the end of Catacyslm, instead we got a prolonged war with a lameduck Warchief who we knew was a dead Orc walking and a rebellion we saw coming from the first week of Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I don't know about you, but for me 0,6 mln of subscribers who are paying 15$ every week is a lot.
    To 7.7 mln from 8.3 mln.
    That's about 7,2% loss if you can count.

Also, this thread isn't about "how Blizzard lose subs", but how he'll get them back. You can see my previous posts what I'm talking about.

That's what is this thread about. Please, next time read it whole.
    Was tired when I divided by the wrong number....

Just don't see any reason for this post at all other than if your trying to up your post count. We all know things have to be added to bring players back to the game... This isn't vanilla were we can keep the same content for years and people will be content with playing it.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    I hope high elves become playable!

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Wtf is this about the king of trolls ?! Trolls don't have a king.
    You've obviously never seen the movie Labyrinth starring David Bowie.

Next expansion they should introduce more fluffy races, rabbits and monkeys, and expect people to resub...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Druids have a spell called Ysera's Gift, and we just had an expansion based on Dragons and the Dragon Flight.

A Tinker class certainly has a lot going for it, but to suggest its the only possible route that the game can take is stretching things.

EJL
    Tinker is the only route because Blizzard wants classes that are highly distinct from each other, and they want classes derived from WC3 heroes and units. This is why you can trace every WoW class back to WC3's heroes and units.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-28 at 01:47 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    I think it'll definitely be a South Seas expansion with the demons heavily invading Azeroth again, so that once we defeat them in 6.0+ we can have a full-on Burning Legion expansion in Argus for 7.0.

Locations:
    *South Sea Isles
    *Kul'Tiras
    *Zandalar
    *The Undermine
    *Suramar/Najatar
    *Tomb of Sargeras
    *The Emerald Dream
    *The Maelstrom
    *Upside-down Karazhan

Features:
    *Updated character models
    *Revamped 60-70 Outland
    *Flying added in Azeroth's TBC zones (Eversong, Silvermoon, Exodar, Ghostlands, etc)
    *Illidan's return
    *Possible new class (tinker or demon hunter would probably be the forerunners if we get another)
    *Possible new races, although highly unlikely. (Ogre, high elf, furbolg, naga are highest possibilities)

Bosses:
    *Pirate organization
    *King Rastakhan (King of Trolls)
    *Azshara
    *Old God N'Zoth
    *Kil'jaeden

I think that would be a good expansion. We tie up some loose ends with big threats in Azeroth (final blow to troll empire, final blow to naga invasions, final blow to N'Zoth's corruption in the Emerald Dream/ocean/others, final blow to demons on Azeroth) then we prepare for a full-out assault on the Burning Legion's headquarters in the next expansion.
    If they did all of that, I'd probably cry tears of joy.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'll ever update the Azeroth TBC zones, and it's highly unlikely they'll ever touch Outland again. I wish they would, but for some reason I don't see it coming.