Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think a South Seas expansion is too risky at this point, and may even feel like a bait and switch. They've teased us about the Legion with Wrathion, and it would just seem really lackluster if we got anything else. I obviously don't speak for anyone but myself, but from what I've seen a Burning Legion expansion seems to be what most people are expecting.

I feel like, with subs at their lowest point in years, what wow really needs right now is something that will build hype in a massive way. People need to be able to watch a trailer and say, "Holy shit! I'm getting that!" and once again, only speaking for myself, but Panda didn't really do that for me. In fact, the direction the story went, with lots of new lore being added suddenly, with no big name previously established villain, it seemed like anime filler to me. It detracts from the important story and really kills hype for me.

I feel like South Seas would be filler like Panda was, and the very idea of it leaves me feeling disinterested. Also, underwater zones seem to be highly divisive. I've seen some claim that Vashj was the best zone ever, and I've seen others that hate it so much they refuse to do it. A sea based expansion makes it more likely that we'd see more zones like that, and imo, wow doesn't need extremely divisive content right now, it needs to crank the badass factor to 11.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion stuff, Blizz can count on my sub at least.
    Let me put it this way, I've been playing since PreBC, and Cataclysm was the only expansion that I've felt was a failure on all ends, if they do what you're suggesting (and I agree entirely) I'll be so overjoyed I'll pretend Cataclysm never even happened.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding how not being the legion is a bait and switch, Blizz is already walkingvthat back by sayingbtheyre planning for ywo, three, four expansions down the line.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Regarding how not being the legion is a bait and switch, Blizz is already walkingvthat back by sayingbtheyre planning for ywo, three, four expansions down the line.
    Not really, I mean let's think about it, they've planned expansions in advance for a while now (Fun Fact: The Cata Old World Revamp was in the works when Sunwell was Current.) So that statement doesn't prove BL is not next, and considering the state of sub numbers right now, I'd say that they're not going to risk the next expansion flopping and will instead try to push something that they know people will be excited for (Here's a hint: What do most Forum posters say the best expansion is?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grunhither View Post
    I think it'll definitely be a South Seas expansion with the demons heavily invading Azeroth again, so that once we defeat them in 6.0+ we can have a full-on Burning Legion expansion in Argus for 7.0.
    <snip>
    This SO much. It would definitely bring me back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think a South Seas expansion is too risky at this point, and may even feel like a bait and switch. They've teased us about the Legion with Wrathion, and it would just seem really lackluster if we got anything else. I obviously don't speak for anyone but myself, but from what I've seen a Burning Legion expansion seems to be what most people are expecting.

I feel like, with subs at their lowest point in years, what wow really needs right now is something that will build hype in a massive way. People need to be able to watch a trailer and say, "Holy shit! I'm getting that!" and once again, only speaking for myself, but Panda didn't really do that for me. In fact, the direction the story went, with lots of new lore being added suddenly, with no big name previously established villain, it seemed like anime filler to me. It detracts from the important story and really kills hype for me.

I feel like South Seas would be filler like Panda was, and the very idea of it leaves me feeling disinterested. Also, underwater zones seem to be highly divisive. I've seen some claim that Vashj was the best zone ever, and I've seen others that hate it so much they refuse to do it. A sea based expansion makes it more likely that we'd see more zones like that, and imo, wow doesn't need extremely divisive content right now, it needs to crank the badass factor to 11.

If the next expansion is Burning Legion stuff, Blizz can count on my sub at least.

Well they can tease a lot more in the South seas/Naga based expansion. Since Azshara has had ties to the Burning Legion. They got to build up some tension, man...

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is "realistic" about these talks? Nobody here talks based on any data or facts. It is all estemates, wishful thinking and whatnot...
    Realistic:
    -people would love to fight again with Demons,
    -many people love Illidan,
    -they'd like to see Alleria and Turalyon,
    -Kil'jaeden is still alive, and people like to fight with bosses with great lore, not only bosses whose lore are based on 1-2 patches,

Yes, somebody will have sort of eventually predicted the next x-pac or the next sub loss. Big deal.
    We're trying to predict more precisely than in every other thread.

It even gets more sketchy what fans "like" (or dislike) - ask enough people and you get a convoluted mix that includes everything from "I love LFR" to "LFR needs to go". From "I want High elves" to "Worst idea ever = high elves".
    No, you're wrong. Most of the answer wouldn't be mixed, there will be many "don't care" answers, I don't really know why people would like LFR to go if it's working very well?

Here's the simple logic, 2 situations:
    LFR is deleted from the game.
    People who were doing LFR leave(Blizzard lose subs).
    People who weren't doing LFR stay.

LFR stay in the game.
    People who were doing LFR stay.
    People who weren't doing LFR stay.

What is more likely? That LFR will stay. It's obvious.

We're just trying to predict more precisely next expansion, we're basing on facts/other predictions/fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said multiple times that its pretty much a no go.
    People keep saying this but Blizzard have only ever said they want to do it, in vanilla, during blizzcon and during the press tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I don't know why people keep bring up the Emerald Dream? There is NO reason for us to go there, and The Nightmare was pretty much purged from the land, several (in game) years ago.
    The Nightmare was never purged in game, but since its retreat in Stormrage it's begun to grow again (in Cataclysm it's seen in Hyjal and the Barrens). Ysera says in Dawn of the Aspects that the Nightmare's spreading and seeking a new Nightmare Lord and it will be up to the mortals to defeat it this time, as the aspects have become completely apathetic since losing their power - that seems like a good reason to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    People keep saying this but Blizzard have only ever said they want to do it, in vanilla, during blizzcon and during the press tour.

The Nightmare was never purged in game, but since its retreat in Stormrage it's begun to grow again (in Cataclysm it's seen in Hyjal and the Barrens). Ysera says in Dawn of the Aspects that the Nightmare's spreading and seeking a new Nightmare Lord and it will be up to the mortals to defeat it this time, as the aspects have become completely apathetic since losing their power - that seems like a good reason to go there.
    What sense would it make to almost perish the Nightmare in a book though only to bring it back later ingame? If they ever wanted to introduce the Emerald Dream why solve the problem outside of the game? They could have made us deal with the original Nightmare...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    What sense would it make to almost perish the Nightmare in a book though only to bring it back later ingame? If they ever wanted to introduce the Emerald Dream why solve the problem outside of the game? They could have made us deal with the original Nightmare...
    Stormrage wrapped up the storylines they'd built in Classic (Eranikus, Malfurion, the four Emerald Dragons); it's given them a clean slate to take it where ever they want without being tied down by old story hooks.
    It also let them establish and introduce characteristics of the nightmare without having to spend dev time on it.

Blizzard's storytelling techniques and abilities have changed over the years, maybe they weren't happy with the stuff they'd laid down in vanilla and wanted to start over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I thought Pandaria was the South Seas expansion.
    Yeah, I can't see another island-ish expansion just after MoP. They try to change the setting for each expansion

BC: In a destroyed/strange land with a lot of demon story
    WotLK: Northern/frozen continent with undead story
    Cataclysm: Broken/revamped Azeroth with (super)natural (elementals/aspects) story
    MoP: Hidden/misty southern continent with struggle between (horde/alliance, passed and present conflicts in Pandaria) and within (control/expression of emotions vs Sha) mortals.

With that, I would not be surprised to leave Azeroth for either a revamped/rebuilt Outland or another world.

Deleted
    Didn't Metzen say at the Blizzcon Q&A there was a big chance we would be seeing Illidan again if people wanted it? Haven't watchted the video in a while but i recall something about his return being said.

Realistic expectation for the next expansion:

People will bitch about it on the forums. Doesn't matter what it is.

I don't think they need to add any new races and classes. They cannot even balance the ones they have now. I would like to see them trim out unneeded spec's myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandiana View Post
    Didn't Metzen say at the Blizzcon Q&A there was a big chance we would be seeing Illidan again if people wanted it? Haven't watchted the video in a while but i recall something about his return being said.

Never realised it's pretty much all because of that same guy asking about Illidan that he might be brought back, what a trooper.

Deleted
    Wtf is this about the king of trolls ?! Trolls don't have a king. They are organized in tribes who also war with eachother and ally at times when they are desperate enough. The Zandalari led alliance of trolls on Isle of Thunder is probably the largest congregation of troll tribes we will ever see and even they weren't lead by one leader.

Trolls tribes are too individualistic to have a king.

There are other hints for burning legion being the next expansion aside the ones from Wrathion. While it's hints here and there in Lore and future lore, the biggest thing I want to add is that during the opening event of MoP a couple of designers from Blizzard was interviewed live.(the designers was executive in.. I don't remember. they were at least on the top of the company) Anyways, they said that Alleria and Turalyon will play a major role in the next expansion. While nobody seem have pointed this "revealation" out, it made quite the impression on me.

Both of those characters have a strong connection to demons and the likes. Alleria Windrunner was the head scout of the Alliance Expedition to Draenor and a little quite frm Wowpedia "As Draenor tore apart around them, Turalyon lead the forces of the Alliance Expedition that were with him through a portal to yet another world, one they could barely make sense of. After the set of cataclysmic events that changed Draenor into Outland were over, Turalyon, Alleria, Khadgar, Danath and the other Alliance troops all returned to Draenor. After briefly surveying the damage, Turalyon led his friends back to Honor Hold, which had remained standing despite the chaos that created Outland. However, although many of his friends do, Turalyon as well as Alleria do not appear anywhere in Outland, making his current whereabouts unknown, despite Tigole telling us that all of the people depicted in the statues in the Valley of Heroes would be seen in The Burning Crusade expansion."

Do I even need to explain why those two means business/Demons/Burning legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I forgot to add: There's a "tip of the day" that has appeared lately... "Nobody has seen Alleria and Turalyon in years..."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post

Oh, I forgot to add: There's a "tip of the day" that has appeared lately... "Nobody has seen Alleria and Turalyon in years..."
    Lol, that tip is ancient. "Lately"

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hey everyone, we all know that Blizzard lost a lot of subscriptions
    What do you mean by lost a lot of subs? Do you mean just the latest update? They only lost 3.7% That really isn't that huge. I know, I know, you people all think the world is falling apart and people have to make 20+ threads a day on this...

Yes if blizzard wants a raise in subs they have to bring out something new. That is common sense.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Wtf is this about the king of trolls ?! Trolls don't have a king. They are organized in tribes who also war with eachother and ally at times when they are desperate enough. The Zandalari led alliance of trolls on Isle of Thunder is probably the largest congregation of troll tribes we will ever see and even they weren't lead by one leader.

Trolls tribes are too individualistic to have a king.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Rastakhan

He's kind of fallen out of the trolls' favour recently though due to inaction, and Zul's picked up the mantle of leader.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    What do you mean by lost a lot of subs? Do you mean just the latest update? They only lost 3.7% That really isn't that huge. I know, I know, you people all think the world is falling apart and people have to make 20+ threads a day on this...
    I don't know about you, but for me 0,6 mln of subscribers who are paying 15$ every week is a lot.
    To 7.7 mln from 8.3 mln.
    That's about 7,2% loss if you can count.

Also, this thread isn't about "how Blizzard lose subs", but how he'll get them back. You can see my previous posts what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    Yes if blizzard wants a raise in subs they have to bring out something new. That is common sense.
    That's what is this thread about. Please, next time read it whole.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-07-27 at 04:23 PM.