Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard designs this sort of thing far in advance. The next expansion and all of its features were mapped out way before the sub numbers fell.

    Also there's no concrete data that Demon Hunters are "majority-desired".
    Neither is there any concrete data to say that Tinkers are the next class. A new class has to have been in WC3, and so on and so on. Please, stop rejecting other ideas with arguments that work just as well on your ideas. Your tinker idea sounds fun, yes, but it's not holy. And all you have is a vague theory that it might someday become a class. Just like Demon Hunter, Dragonsworn, and whatever other class.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Blizzard designs this sort of thing far in advance. The next expansion and all of its features were mapped out way before the sub numbers fell.

    Also there's no concrete data that Demon Hunters are "majority-desired".
    If you dont think demon hunters are the most desired class theres something wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  3. #243
    Brewmaster lakers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    If you dont think demon hunters are the most desired class theres something wrong
    Why would they be? We have hunters and warlocks who have meta. THey could do a lot better then demon hunters.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Why would they be? We have hunters and warlocks who have meta. THey could do a lot better then demon hunters.
    Know what youre talking about before you try and argue please

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  5. #245
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Easy to say. Face it....the only reason against a Dragon themed class is that you don't want one. Your tinker class has overlaps. Or should we do away with the lightning generators and flame throwers and lasers?
    Overlaps with classes is different than overlaps with professions. Just about every class overlaps with a profession in some way.

    Tech based is not the only theme left unexplored or unused in this game.
    Its the only unexplored theme left from WC3, and WC3 is the birthplace of all WoW classes.


    So is the idea of spec swapping. And really - you can't think of possible stories/lore whereby a Dragonsworn style character may have access to mutliple schools?

    I can. He just does because he is Dragonsworn.
    Well just to end this here; Only Druids can be the Dragonsworn of Ysera, so no healing spec there. Blue Dragonsworn tend to be powerful Mages. So that takes care of that. Orcs can't be Red Dragonsworn because Red dragons hate Orcs. Finally, Dragonsworn serve their individual Dragonflight over factions. So if Varian tells a Dragonsworn to join him in Pandaria, the Dragonsworn is likely to just walk away unless his Dragonflight orders him to go. So yeah, lorewise, that's quite a mess.


    Really reaching. Unique abilities? Seriously? Really? You say a class that hasn't been developed yet doesn't have any unique abilities and so it can't be implemented? WoW....this idea of a Dragon themed class has thrown you off your game. No unit or hero from WC3? Well....that'd be OK because we don't have to fill your own personal assumption that new classes must fill that criteria. Its useful to have as it creates back story and ties to previous games but hardly essential. The closeness to Mage specs? So we should just rule out Warlocks and other casters ever again?

    Well every class has filled that WC3 criteria, and so far this entire Dragonsworn concept just sounds like a Mage. Sorry, it just does.

    The you haven't done the Twilight Highlands Wedding quests. And so what iof you haven't seen one? Why does everything have to come down to what was in previous games? Does Blizzard not have the option of adding something new?
    Again, because all classes came from WC3.

    Last I checked, Warlocks had a Demon theme and used Shadow and Fire magic.
    They have Life Drain, the entire first tier of their talent tree, Health Stones, Siphon Life, and numerous other healing abilities.

    None of which makes the tinker inevitable.
    I have yet to hear a better alternative. Mage and Warlock rehashes or outlandish class concepts with little connection to the Warcraft universe just don't cut it.


    So...you are going to state that there is no chance, not even the smallest possibility, that Blizzard might even consider adding a different class other than Tinkers? That there is no choice, and they have no option but to follow your rules and add the tinker. They won't even have the option of adding in WC3 hero unit such as the Warden or Sea Witch, or exploring new possibilities such as the Bard?
    Out of those options? No.

    Again, at this juncture in WoW, the Tinker class simply makes the most sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Neither is there any concrete data to say that Tinkers are the next class. A new class has to have been in WC3, and so on and so on. Please, stop rejecting other ideas with arguments that work just as well on your ideas. Your tinker idea sounds fun, yes, but it's not holy. And all you have is a vague theory that it might someday become a class. Just like Demon Hunter, Dragonsworn, and whatever other class.
    All the evidence points in that direction friend.

    Demon Hunters don't work because their abilities are in the game and absorbed by other classes.

    Dragonsworn is just a fancy version of Mages that have ties to Dragons.

    Neither concept is as likely as the Tinker concept.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    If you dont think demon hunters are the most desired class theres something wrong
    Some proof would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-29 at 07:45 AM.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

    Some proof would be appreciated.
    Already took a poll. Demon hunter torched every class except death knight, but still beat it. You remember it. I know how you like to conveniently forget things, but mmoc is just a small sample. If trends continue, which they would because when people think wc3, they pretty much think demon hunter, its easily the most wanted class. Not fucking tinker lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Already took a poll. Demon hunter torched every class except death knight, but still beat it. You remember it. I know how you like to conveniently forget things, but mmoc is just a small sample. If trends continue, which they would because when people think wc3, they pretty much think demon hunter, its easily the most wanted class. Not fucking tinker lol
    Blizzard is going to have to work some extreme magic if they add the Demon Hunter. Warlock has been siphoning a lot of abilities or hinted workings of a demon hunter forever now, let alone other skills from Warcraft 3. The single most apparent one is Metamorphosis, which is a Warlock ability (But a Warcraft 3 Demon Hunter ability). It'd feel weird on how they could change it to fit.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  8. #248
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Already took a poll. Demon hunter torched every class except death knight, but still beat it. You remember it. I know how you like to conveniently forget things, but mmoc is just a small sample. If trends continue, which they would because when people think wc3, they pretty much think demon hunter, its easily the most wanted class. Not fucking tinker lol
    Fair point. However, MMOC isn't the entire WoW community. Additionally, I'm sure if you polled someone before 2008 and 2012, the DH would probably win over DKs and Monks (Brewmasters), but guess which two classes entered the game and guess which one didn't.

    Well that's not necessarily true, Demon Hunters are in the game, just in a different form.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Fair point. However, MMOC isn't the entire WoW community. Additionally, I'm sure if you polled someone before 2008 and 2012, the DH would probably win over DKs and Monks (Brewmasters), but guess which two classes entered the game and guess which one didn't.

    Well that's not necessarily true, Demon Hunters are in the game, just in a different form.
    Well idk what that was supposed to say, because it beat both in 2013. Blizzard has to cater to the fans eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  10. #250
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,261
    I only hope for a more mature content and having spells that differently work in pvp and pve, alongside better pvp power optimization.

    Also-tinker class,lol.
    And wtf is with south seas, I would rather go back to Outland and upgrade it.
    PvE is a minigame // Spreading rows of DoTs and no love on this forum // WoT : Playing German and Soviet tanks: Tiger I, Tiger II, KV-2...

  11. #251
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Well idk what that was supposed to say, because it beat both in 2013. Blizzard has to cater to the fans eventually.
    It is, by slowly converting the Warlock Demonology spec into a Demon Hunter spec.

    The class, as the fans want it to be, would never work in WoW.

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Blizzard is going to have to work some extreme magic if they add the Demon Hunter. Warlock has been siphoning a lot of abilities or hinted workings of a demon hunter forever now, let alone other skills from Warcraft 3. The single most apparent one is Metamorphosis, which is a Warlock ability (But a Warcraft 3 Demon Hunter ability). It'd feel weird on how they could change it to fit.
    Not just Metamorphosis; They're going to have to pull apart the entire Demonology spec to make a DH class work.

    And for what? Another DWing melee class? Seriously?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Also-tinker class,lol.
    The previous two expansion classes;

    http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...thknight.shtml
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml

    The only one left without a WoW presence;

    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-29 at 06:37 AM.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Naga sea witch and dark ranger are barely touched in the bow weilding manner. I truly think a ranged class based off sea witch dark ranger and priestess of the moon could be made, idk ranger?

    stealth/bow class
    Dark ranger - shadow damage summons skeletons
    sea witch - nature damage and attacks people with tornados
    priestess - nature and fire damage summons spirit owls

    not full pet class, just has summons like shamans with less damage and smaller cds.
    plus it could be mail int
    Last edited by Sukhoi; 2013-07-29 at 07:03 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  13. #253
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,261
    That would make engineering as a proffesion kinda wrong. Like giving a shadow spell to a pally.
    PvE is a minigame // Spreading rows of DoTs and no love on this forum // WoT : Playing German and Soviet tanks: Tiger I, Tiger II, KV-2...

  14. #254
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Naga sea witch and dark ranger are barely touched in the bow weilding manner. I truly think a ranged class based off sea witch dark ranger and priestess of the moon could be made, idk ranger?

    stealth/bow class
    You mean like Hunters?


    not full pet class, just has summons like shamans with less damage and smaller cds.
    Or Blizzard could just make Marksmanship the petless Hunter spec.

    plus it could be mail int
    There are no INT bows/guns/xbows.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    That would make engineering as a proffesion kinda wrong. Like giving a shadow spell to a pally.
    Doubtful since none of the Tinker's abilities exist in engineering.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You mean like Hunters?

    No, because hunters use bows, doesnt mean theyre the same. Like tinkers and engineering.
    Hunters dont resurrect peoples bones when they kill, hunters dont charge their arrows with lightning or fire. Hunters cant attack people with falling stars, so gg.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post




    Or Blizzard could just make Marksmanship the petless Hunter spec.
    Probably wont happen.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There are no INT bows/guns/xbows.
    And that couldnt be changed why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

  16. #256
    Wondering if the Stormcrow and Enchanted Fey Dragon aren't clues to the next expansion. Completely separate thematically from MoP and as of yet unimplemented.

  17. #257
    I don't know what it would make other people come back, but here is what I'd like to see...

    To be honest, I don't think there is any new class that would appeal to me. There are a gazillion classes already, and all of them are fucked up. Adding more crap in this shit would not make anything better. They should really rework the existing classes, make them more unique and less bloated with shitty skills.

    They should also do something with the talents, because even if they suck less than the talent trees, at the end of the day they suck ass. You still only have pretty much one choice for any given thing you want to do. I think the worst thing about them is being grouped in tiers, instead of letting you make a glass canon or a tankier toon if you choose so. And there should be more choices on a tier too.

    So no, I don't think that it matters what new race or new class they add, if they are going to be the same shit. People that left, including myself, got bored of the whole thing.

    One thing I would really like to see is a reduction in daily quests. I know that dumb saying "you don't have to do them", but really, there is nothing else to do, since they spend the development time on dailies. And you do have to do them actually, to unlock things, so I got really tired of that crap during Island of Thunder.

    And I have to mention this: all those classes ideas, like tinker or demon hunter are dumb. They would bring nothing really original or fun to the game. To be honest, I have no idea what could bring something original or fun after 10 years and 11 classes and 34 specs. Really... less is more.

    So are the race ideas about naga and ogres: dumb. Some have no legs or have four hands, the others are too fucking big. Imagine 14 ogres in the AH. Can you do that?!? Not to mention the lore... why the fuck would naga get involved with the horde or the alliance?

    Another thing that I would like to see, and it really pisses me off, is removing the character cap on server. Having max 11 characters on a server is retarded. Sure it ain't retarded for Blizzard, because it makes people pay a shitload of money for transfers, but really... there is no other reason for the cap since you can only play one at the time.

    I would like to see the dead servers problem resolved. I don't give a shit how, merges, megaservers, it doesn't matters. Ignoring people or saying they are working on it for like 5 years, is a shit in the face of the customers. Another thing I would like to see fucking implemented is sending account bound items across realms. Stop fucking around with excuses that is so incredible hard that it's actually easier to send a crew to Mars. It isn't. "It isn't possible with the current tech". Is anyone dumb enough to believe that crap? You bastards want us to send mules across servers and pay 20 euros for it...

    I would like to see dungeons again, not that piece of shit from Pandaria, where heroics were actually normal dungeons and there was nothing in place for heroics. I would like to have more dungeons released during the expansion. I don't want scenarios, I hate them, they can go to fucking hell. Sure I would have no problem with them if they would add scenarios AND dungeons, not just retarded scenarios I don't give a shit about.

    I would like to see harder content in the world, now with CRZ they can put back the group quests and the elite mobs. I would like to see the zones actually be tailored on the leveling speed, not being gray after you do like half of the content.

    I'm pretty sure that are a ton more things I'd like to see, and they pretty much are about the CURRENT state of the game. If they don't fix that, I don't give a fuck about the new zones, new races, or new classes.

  18. #258
    Herald of the Titans Zellviren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Evakare View Post
    Wondering if the Stormcrow and Enchanted Fey Dragon aren't clues to the next expansion. Completely separate thematically from MoP and as of yet unimplemented.
    I actually heard a rather interesting tale about the next expansion...

    I’m not going to reveal sources because that’d be unfair, and they’re at best spurious, but I was given to understand that Garrosh survives the Siege of Orgrimmar. At its conclusion, Jaina and Aethas Sunreaver imprison him in some form of time-cell which malfunctions, and shoves Garrosh back onto Draenor before Ner’zhul formed the original Horde. Determining that the Horde itself is a noble concept, but that it must win the first war (and every war after it), Garrosh brings his own modern knowledge of military machinery and tactics into the past and creates the “Iron Horde” in order to rewrite history.

    Why this might happen:

    - We saw the Iron Horde banner in datafiles recently.
    - Returning to Draenor could herald Legion-themed content.
    - Blizzard have mentioned updating Outland.

    Why this might not happen:

    - It would be another Horde-themed expansion; three in a row is pushing it.
    - People are sick of Garrosh and his warmongering, and this seems to be continuing it.
    - It would wreck the timeline in so many ways, it’d be a lore mess.
    - … It’s silly.

    Like I said, this information should be taken with a grain of salt because the source I got it from isn’t particularly reputable or even well known to me – it’s also tertiary information handed down via Chinese whispers. That said, I could see it potentially working as a Caverns of Time five-man or scenario, so I suppose you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    We don't know all the reasons, and if you honestly think that SoO will last for 15 months and that WoD won't release until the 20th of december, you are beyond silly.
    Well, we'll just have to wait and see who's "beyond silly"... Won't we?

  19. #259
    Immortal Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    7,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    No, because hunters use bows, doesnt mean theyre the same. Like tinkers and engineering.
    Except Hunters are a class. Engineering is a profession.

    Hunters dont resurrect peoples bones when they kill
    No, but they do have Black Arrow. The animate dead portion of the spell was removed for balance purposes.

    hunters dont charge their arrows with lightning or fire.
    That wouldn't make much of a difference. A lightning arrow would do what? Slow down the target? Concussive Shot does that. What would a fire arrow do? Put a DoT on the target? Serpent Sting already does that.

    Hunters cant attack people with falling stars, so gg.
    No, but Druids already do that.


    Probably wont happen.
    Why wouldn't it? Blizzard is looking to diversify the pure DPS specs.

    And that couldnt be changed why?
    I never said it couldn't be changed. I'm just pointing out that obstacle.

  20. #260
    I think it's fair to say the majority of the community would probably vote for Demon Hunters. Doesn't mean Blizzard will make Demon Hunters though.

    I would also say that according to my crystal ball, Demon Hunters are probably the front runners at Blizzard HQ as well. That's just my feeling.

    But the big problem is, how would you make a DH class when DH has already been filed under "Warlock", and the major ability the class revolves around is prominent in the Warlock toolkit? Difficult problem to solve, probably one reason why Blizzard hasn't made them already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •