Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    I would like WoW to take a more serious turn of events... Don't get me wrong Mist of Pandaria was a great expansion in so many ways. BUT it would've been sooo much better with a different setting, same content just different skins. I'm not saying Pandas are silly but what I'm saying is that it's still pandas no matter how hard you build a great story and fill it with nice stuff, still pandas.

My idea which I want to happen:

Double-class feature.
    You choose second class(at max-level) for your character and get for example 1 passive and 3 active skills from that class and maybe graphic update of others.
    For example you play Paladin and become Paladin/Death knight=Fallen Crusader.
    You get
    -DPS/HPS cooldown: summon runic weapon(which copies part of heals/damage)
    -Def cooldown: AMS
    -utility cooldown: Asphyscate(ranged interrupt or silence)
    -passive: unholy presence(increases haste by 10%)
    Also you get recolor of holy abilities/their icons and they become more unholy/shadowy
    I think, it would make good part of character customization.

Maybe it's bad example, but you get the idea.

Sorry for poor english.
    Last edited by Anufis; 2013-07-30 at 08:21 AM.

If we're talking about getting players back, I think we do need something that is really appealing. I don't mean lore here, cause in my opinion lore doesn't matter for playing the game (for a lot of players). I think what Blizzard needs to do in the next xpac, is add a really badass race and class, something that will attract former players back to wow. Around this new class/race there could be lore (old) so old players will have something to recognize but the race/class should be something non-lore-knowers who play wow, would be attracted to.

They tried something like this in MoP. The Pandaren didn't do it as expected I guess and also the kung-fu panda look-a-like stuff didn't do as expected. They need now Something that will hit like a bomb...... appealing to old and new players alike. Lore is only for those who are interested in lore, so burning legion or not is more for them.
    Adding a very appealing race/class is something that will affect everyone.

So whatever the expansion might be lorewise, i think a appealing race/class must be in there to attract old/new players.
    What that should be I don't know.. that is where all those expensive brainstormers/dev's are being paid for by Blizzard and there are a lot of ideas here on MMO as well by players.

-immersion

-3 primary professions per character

Lightbulb Greed

The next expansion Blizzard will have to do a few choices if it doesn't want to halve its subscribers again to 3m players.
    It can't be a paid game + monthly subscription + f2p revenues + scandalously high priced services (transfers, race changes, and so forth)

There is a limit to greed, at least many million departed players seems to think so.

- So it should stop half measures and enable most aspects of the games to be played interrealm, including latest & newest raid tiers.
    - Character transfers, race / names changes / additional services should be free or very cheap whithin reasonable limits (e.g. first 5 transfers / month free, after that paid to avoid realm hopping).
    - pve players should not be bothered and limited by pvp. Blizzard should definitely choose one way of solving the pvp-balance-changes-destroy-pve-balance-and-vice-versa-problem, such as 2 different sets of value for abilities for pvp & pve (e.g. chaos bolt does so much dmg in pve and so much in pvp). It can't go on for the next 10 years refusing this way of balancing while effectively doing it erratically whenever it feels like it.
    - pvp players should not be bothered and limited by pve.
    - Spectator mode for pvp, no excuses
    - All races graphically enhanced with more details to reach the quality level of pandas. No excuses or delays.

Sure, this is and investment. But one has to decide whether one want to milk players to the max and see their numbers decimated, or sometimes reinvest the big bucks earned. In addition the Wow team could stop wasting huge resources for such non-features as destroyed talent trees to use the resources for things all players wants, such as a decently looking character.

- Other improvements wouldn't cost a dime such as getting a decent history again. Wotlk was so epic from pre trailer to end of the Lich King, the lore was so rich that failed Cataclysm & Mop (lore-wise) can't compare at all. Let's bring back the epicness. And let's stop the I-don't-care-for-alliance-I-will-only-develop-horde-lore.

I'm pretty sure that none of this will happen and that unfortunately the wow community will halve again.

It will be Burning Legion-themed, 100%. If it's not I will refuse to post on here any longer. There's just too much hinting at it in MoP, first with Wrathion showing us Azeroth under attack from Infernals, Wrathion declaring a greater evil will force the Alliance and Horde to band together, then the Warlock green fire quest which introduces the Council of the Black Harvest, drops subtle hints regarding the Legion's whereabouts, and brings us back to Black Temple, the innocuous loading screen tip saying Alleria and Turalyon haven't been seen for years... Too much is hinting at it. And with subscriber figures dropping steadily I will be shocked if they don't return to the most familiar villains in Warcraft lore to entice players.

Yer I feel it will be to do with the return of the Burning Legion. They've been absent too long and I think they'll want to capture back subs from players who have rose tinted glasses regarding TBC.

I really hope Illidan doesn't come back in any form. He was a cool villain but we killed him, he died. Some story plot to ressurect him to fight the Legion would be so awful (but so typically WoW unfortunately).

Not sure about a new class, I feel they've kind of raised expectation that there has to be one now given Pandaria had both a class and a race and we know the Titan team are now on WoW too. Demon Hunter was hinted at back in Cata and there are tons of other ideas for one (personally I'd love Spellbreakers from TFT!).

They could also add demon races to each faction similar to Pandas (as in one demon race split to each faction) or just a seperate one each, or delve back into existing races for allies, but to be honest I don't really care about new races, especially given we'll be getting the old races skin updates.

A few things that make me believe the next expansion will not be about the legion; Dave Kosak said on twitter a while back, in different tweets that the horde would need to rebuild and try to fix everything garrosh messed up. And that the alliance would have a big win. Lastly at the end of the legendary questline Wrathion is bitching about how Varian wasted his chance to unite the world under an alliance flag and next time Wrathion would not leave his plans up to chance. I feel it would be tough for Wrathion to have another chance to unite the world against the legion if they are knocking on our door.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    It will be Burning Legion-themed, 100%. If it's not I will refuse to post on here any longer. There's just too much hinting at it in MoP, first with Wrathion showing us Azeroth under attack from Infernals, Wrathion declaring a greater evil will force the Alliance and Horde to band together, then the Warlock green fire quest which introduces the Council of the Black Harvest, drops subtle hints regarding the Legion's whereabouts, and brings us back to Black Temple, the innocuous loading screen tip saying Alleria and Turalyon haven't been seen for years... Too much is hinting at it. And with subscriber figures dropping steadily I will be shocked if they don't return to the most familiar villains in Warcraft lore to entice players.
    I highly doubt seeds planted in MoP bear their fruit in the very next xpac, when the seeds for our encounter with N'zoth, planted in Cata, have not yet sprouted.

Besides, Wrathion in his 5.4 voice files says he will do a better job of preparing us for the Legion invasion. I think it's pretty clear part of the next xpac will be him making those preparations, by testing us. I think part of testing us could be orchestrating, or at least facilitating, our encounters with whomever the villains of the next xpac are -- which I happen to think will be Azshara and N'zoth.

It's just too soon to draw from the Legion well again.

Blizzard will most like go "full r3tard" in the next expansion pack and introduce a class that nobody, including the share holders, would ever expect or want: The Clown! A fully masked class, complete with curly and fiery red hair and infinite powers. It would be a balloon melee class and you will have the opportunity to visit the Pony Land and raid the powe... ah, nevermind.

Hm.
    I might be a bit off, but "the prediction" of my own...
    Pre-expansion event would be an attempt by the Legion to invade Azeroth, en masse, by using portals. In first phase of that, we stop the invasion, in second phase, we aid in researching and intercepting the portals and in the last phase, we secure beachhead on a Legion world. Not a core one, but one that was used as a staging ground by the Legion, close to Azeroth.
    Over the course of the expansion, we attempt to wrestle the control of that world from the Legion, find out who were (and maybe still are) the original inhabitants of the world, and eventually provide an "extra setback" for the Legion. For a bit of surprise, the expansion's starting zones would be reminiscent(ish) of Shadowmoon Valley, dead, dark and all around demonic. However, the world would also feature a final "beautiful" zone (think Isle of Quel'Danas beautiful), estabilished for "themselves" by demons like the Shivarra, with the help of the Consortium (playing both sides is good for profit).
    The "big bad" would be a mid-high ranking demon, who will make his presence known throughout the expansion (not as much as Lich King, but definitelly more than Deathwing), and would do his best to antagonise the players. As a final twist, it would be shown that "this invasion" was just a ruse for Azeroth to deplete its fighting force on a wild goose chase, while the real invasion - the one Wrathion warned us about - was yet to come.
    Both sides would get a new "hero" race, in a similar way that death knights were a hero class - starting in their own zone made by partitioning an older zone, on a high level (likely 65). Alliance would get High Elves (starting in phased out Terokkar forest), led by Alleria, and the Horde would get the Mok'natal (starting in phased out Blade's edge), led by Rexxar. Of course, lore would have to be tied up (most likely in a pre-expansion book) why they appeared when they did and why they did take up a leader mantle (especially in Rexxar's case).
    There would be no new class introduced.
    Wrathion would continue to be, now reluctantly, instead of "happily", the "legendary quest" provider. In this expansion, there would be legendary offhands, (in case of classes carrying twohanders, this would fit into a "special slot", which would have diminished effect to put the character on par with another carrying a "normal" onehand and a legendary offhand; the "legendary effect" would be fully working in either case)

Okay, I might have gone too far from "realistic", especially with the legendary part...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I highly doubt seeds planted in MoP bear their fruit in the very next xpac, when the seeds for our encounter with N'zoth, planted in Cata, have not yet sprouted.

Besides, Wrathion in his 5.4 voice files says he will do a better job of preparing us for the Legion invasion. I think it's pretty clear part of the next xpac will be him making those preparations, by testing us. I think part of testing us could be orchestrating, or at least facilitating, our encounters with whomever the villains of the next xpac are -- which I happen to think will be Azshara and N'zoth.

It's just too soon to draw from the Legion well again.
    Yeah it would be tough for Wrathion to try to have his plans to help against the legion if they are right in front of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post

Double-class feature.
    You choose second class(at max-level) for your character and get for example 1 passive and 3 active skills from that class and maybe graphic update of others.
    You get
    Also you get recolor of holy abilities/their icons and they become more unholy/shadowy

Sorry for poor english.
    really cool idea.. definately needs more complex character speccing and so on then we have now.

Legion or bust, that would be the last hope WoW has a chance of regaining its subs. After a twisted pandalooza expansion, it better be the Burning Legion...I mean WTF ...Pandas!??

...Pandas...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Anufis View Post

Double-class feature.
    You get

Sorry for poor english.
    Your idea is cool, but that mean we'd have about +100 classes?

It'd be impossible to balance them I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Careful, I said that with the Naga/N'zoth/Neptulon/Azshara content in Cata. Remember that Blizzard likes to do the 'hints' towards future expansions TWO expansions ahead of ime.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

If they go through with the number squish, you will see some pretty heavy sub loss as it feels like backwards progression (even if it is relative).

Otherwise, I feel like subs will back up to what they were at the start of MoP and slowly fall back down again over the course of the expansion. Burning Legion will attract more previous subs than Pandas, so maybe subs would even go higher.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-30 at 08:37 PM.