Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schillinger View Post
    There is no common sense with these restaurants. If you eat out frequently, you can tell there is a lowering of quality across the board. Instead of simply raising the price a dollar, they devalue the product. This is the useless crap that business school teaches now. It's not about the customer, it's about finding ways to save dimes instead of making dollars. It is literally idiocracy come to reality.
    Same thing in the pound shops. You used to be able to buy brand names there, razors, shampoo washing up liquid. Now all the bottles are shrinking and the liquid inside diluted and the razors don't even work lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    ppl who travel a lot says there can be big diffrent how good or bad burgers are on diffrent countries
    There can be a big difference based on state, or county, or individual restaurant, or employee, or time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    The snobs saying they don't eat fast food are ridiculous.

I'm a classically trained chef & even I'll admit to eating stuff like this.
    Even Gordon Ramsay eats fast food.
    Quote Originally Posted by mireigi View Post
    Automatic ice machines are hard to clean and often contain bacteria near the dispensing unit.
    Manual ice dispensers are much easier to clean, though they also suffer slightly from bacteria near the dispensing unit.
    There is literally no difference between an ice maker that's above a bin and an ice maker that's above a bin that's in the soda machine. The soda machine is going to have the same bin regardless and the ice maker is going to be the same as well. Including an extra step of having an employee scoop it into a bucket and then bucket it into the bin just creates more opportunities for contamination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I wonder what satanic ritual Coca-Cola had to perform to get Pepsico to license them Dr. Pepper for that.
    Dr. Pepper isn't owned by Coca-Cola or Pepsi, it's owned by Dr. Pepper/Seven Up Inc., which is basically a whore of a company that will go where anybody will take them.

Is a bottle of Dr. Pepper bottled by Pepsi.
    Is an image of a bottle of Dr. Pepper bottled by Coca-Cola.
    As you can see, Coca-Cola generally is a little bit 'better' in that they make the effort to create a custom bottle type for it whereas Pepsi uses the same bottles for most or all of their products.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2013-07-27 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, that was an epic post to start my day with

On topic, this machine is the most amazing soda experience around.

It might just be too amazing for some people.

Probably so people don't pull the old "ask for a water cup fill it up with sprite" trick lol

Quote Originally Posted by expectwar View Post
    Probably so people don't pull the old "ask for a water cup fill it up with sprite" trick lol
    What does having a shitty soda fountain have to do with this? People could still do this. The current machine just looks shitty as hell and doesn't have its own ice maker.

By the way, if they're trying to catch you getting Sprite they will. There is a very distinct difference in the sounds made by fountains when you get water vs. soda. Not only is the carbonated water pump louder but it also has this high-pitched squeak of more CO2 being pumped through.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmenannerpuss View Post
    I can confirm that these things are awesome.
    i can vouch for this as well, only place i have ever found rasberry fanta is in those damn machines...and its so good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

It might just be too amazing for some people.
    I laughed...so hard...at that video...I just... A WHOLE NEW ADVENTURE!
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Good for you. I took a year's worth of chef classes and took other cooking classes and I don't touch this shit. I wouldn't with a 10 foot pole. I prefer well made food that's flavorful and healthy. I'd rather WAIT an extra week for a few extra bucks of spare change and get a gourmet burger that's actually made properly than this disgusting shit.
    Last edited by Laeryn; 2013-07-28 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    this made me lol. If it is a franchisee owned store there is a good chance the remodels were required by corporate, where as the soda machine repair would be up to the individual owner to fix. And they are most likely too cheap to invest money in it. If it is a corporate location same reason could apply, it sounds like it is just an inconvenience but isn't really a necessity and they rather not spend the money.

We have those at my theater. They are nice, but annoying to maintain, and we have to fill the ice manually too.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    interesting. Thank you. Where do you get his information from?
    Common knowledge? Just like the fridges at the checkouts in grocery stores are usually not owned by the stores themselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Half in shadow, half in light and all in the fire.

I want one for my house with option to add booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So my local McDonald's got done remodeling their place. They've remodeled twice in the last five years.

Yet their soda machine that customers use is still a piece of crap and has no ice maker on it, forcing their employees to manually fill it.

Can anyone shed some insight on this?
    Not sure, but if you put in a complaint on their site they have people respond to it stupid quick. When the g/f and I went out one night and got the wrong food (got home before we realized they gave me the wrong value meal) I complained on their site (along with the cleanliness of the establishment and the rude staff) and got a couple of phone calls the very next day and a letter in the mail with 2 free meals and 2 free coffees. They were incredibly devoted in improving the experience for us and asked us to come back the next day to make it up to us. We got 3 free meals out of it and they got repeat customers out of us

Deleted
    I'd question whether this is really worthy of a topic... but given half of the shit that gets peddled through off-topic on a daily basis, I should probably grow to accept it.

I want one in my game room.

Especially if it has diet cherry dr.pepper, that shit is dessert in a can.

On topic:

sometimes fountains aren't actually owned by the store but rented from a vendor who is responsible for restock / maintenance (like a vending machine). If that is the case at your local mcdonalds it wouldn't be up to the store owner (outside of bitching at the vendor to install a new machine).
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-07-28 at 04:34 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Why do you even go to MacDo? I only sporadicly wander in to get some eurodeals when I have the munchies

Deleted
    The best way around this problem is to avoid Mcdonalds in the first place. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble and get healthy at the same time. Better yet, avoid all fast food.

Deleted

How is it snobby to keep with the tradition of eating things with nutritional value? If you're going to make burgers, Chinese food etc, at least do it yourself with decent ingredients.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    How is it snobby to keep with the tradition of eating things with nutritional value? If you're going to make burgers, Chinese food etc, at least do it yourself with decent ingredients.
    It really is the height of snobbery to look down your nose at people due to their choice in food.

Sorry.