Story to justify item squish?

It seems like all the treads on item squish are about whether it is good/bad why it does/does not have to happen and what it means for soloing content.

I was thinking what if Blizz works the squish into a story line for the next expac and what might that be.

For instance, the next expac is about the Titans. They have watched as we have become unbelievably powerfull over time and now fearfull that our power may rival thier own, so they strike down the entire world, make it weaker, to stop us.

I am no lore junkie but I think they are going to HAVE to have some explanation in game to justify or expalin why this has happened, what are your thoughts, how would you like it to be explained?

Someone poisoned the wells!

From a lore perspective, you don't necessarily do DPS nor do any higher damage per strike. The ilvl and such isn't a part of lore, it's just a way to progress your character's power. Technically speaking, characters are equal in power in Molten Core and Siege of Orgrimmar.

Similarly, Marrowgar was not more powerful than Malygos.

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need background story for stuff like this... Should they make 200 page lore book for every spellchange they do aswell?

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A giant green meteor full of fel energy hits Azeroth and SQUISHS the magic of every item.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.