Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mofobagins View Post
    Quick question....there has been talk before that we should gem int now rather than mastery
    I have seen this too, people gemming pure intellect and I am interested to hear what their experiences are with it. I imagine the thinking behind it is more heals per mana (obviously correct me if I'm wrong there). But I have been having absolutely no problems with mana, 7170 haste, 32% mastery and 15k spirit and having a hard time using my mana and still topping meters. I'm ending fights with 50-60% mana left over. Normals are normals though, so we'll see when it comes to heroics. Maybe intellect will win out in the efficiency department, but for now I'm really liking haste/mastery build.

I'd test stuff out more but sort of guildless, making me annoyed I can't see all the new sparkly stuff and do some testing.
    It does seem that (25man) EF rolling is still favouritable over using the other talents in it's respected tier.
    As far as gemming goes; intellect will be a stronger choice if you have A) enough haste, B) already a nice load of mastery (13k~) and C) enough spirit.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-09-12 at 05:35 PM.

Also, is it better to use 3 hp EFs all the time or using 1-2 hp EFs and blanket the raid now? 25man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    I have seen this too, people gemming pure intellect and I am interested to hear what their experiences are with it. I imagine the thinking behind it is more heals per mana (obviously correct me if I'm wrong there). But I have been having absolutely no problems with mana, 7170 haste, 32% mastery and 15k spirit and having a hard time using my mana and still topping meters. I'm ending fights with 50-60% mana left over. Normals are normals though, so we'll see when it comes to heroics. Maybe intellect will win out in the efficiency department, but for now I'm really liking haste/mastery build.
    For 25s EF is the way to go,all the way.Hence gemming into haste is far better than gemming into Mastery,however you'd be consuming a lot more mana.Hence why you see some paladins going for the 3.5k haste cap + all out on int.That being said,Im rolling with 14k Spirit + 22% mastery,7170 haste and have gone for int in my gems and my mana regen feels just where it should be.(subject of change for HC progress).

Gemming int increases your hps without increasing the amount of mana reg. you need,additionally you can reach the 7170 haste cap without gemming a single gem into haste,or sacrificing any spirit for it with the right gear,hence gemming anything other than int would be useless.Again,subject to change for HC progression,we might go for some more spirit heavy builds.

That being said pallies are actually looking GREAT in every term,playstyle&performace.

Deleted
    My guild has killed the first three bosses on Normal, and i've tried healing the first and second with EF. I was really getting outhealed by the shammy and a druid while i didn't change anything to my playstyle as in 5.3 (shielding everyone with 1HP EF's). I was pulling out 100k+ HPS before. On Immerseus i was down to 50/60 while the rest did 90k+. For Norushen i switched to SH, which made my HPS go back to around 90k. I feel like im doing something wrong when playing EF, but i wouldn't know what really.

I see that most people here are all talking about 25M raiding. Is EF not viable for 10M? Or is going SH just as viable while raiding 10M dungeons?

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Forsite View Post
    My guild has killed the first three bosses on Normal, and i've tried healing the first and second with EF. I was really getting outhealed by the shammy and a druid while i didn't change anything to my playstyle as in 5.3 (shielding everyone with 1HP EF's). I was pulling out 100k+ HPS before. On Immerseus i was down to 50/60 while the rest did 90k+. For Norushen i switched to SH, which made my HPS go back to around 90k. I feel like im doing something wrong when playing EF, but i wouldn't know what really.

I see that most people here are all talking about 25M raiding. Is EF not viable for 10M? Or is going SH just as viable while raiding 10M dungeons?

Any advice?
    There's really never a reason to use 1HP EF's ever. That might be your problem.

Regem for more intellect as well.

I was really getting outhealed by the shammy and a druid while i didn't change anything to my playstyle as in 5.3 (shielding everyone with 1HP EF's). I was pulling out 100k+ HPS before. On Immerseus i was down to 50/60 while the rest did 90k+. For Norushen i switched to SH, which made my HPS go back to around 90k. I feel like im doing something wrong when playing EF, but i wouldn't know what really.
    EF hot does not proc mastery any more. Rolling 1HP EF around in the hope it will roll shields won't get you very far at all. You can't play like that now. Put 3HP on players who will need healing.

Boss 1 is a terrible judge of hps so I wouldn't worry about that. The healing is pretty trivial and as a Paladin you don't have a good way of dealing with the raid damage when blobs get to the boss.

Boss 2 EF is fine. I actually used SS. One on each tank and then throwing on people with the bleed. 100k for Boss 2 is fine if you're three healing. There isn't enough damage to get that much higher.

Boss 3. Go EF for this. Get as much EF on the raid as you can. Combine with HA to blanket the raid. Prism as much as you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    EF hot does not proc mastery any more. Rolling 1HP EF around in the hope it will roll shields won't get you very far at all. You can't play like that now. Put 3HP on players who will need healing.

Boss 1 is a terrible judge of hps so I wouldn't worry about that. The healing is pretty trivial and as a Paladin you don't have a good way of dealing with the raid damage when blobs get to the boss.

Boss 2 EF is fine. I actually used SS. One on each tank and then throwing on people with the bleed. 100k for Boss 2 is fine if you're three healing. There isn't enough damage to get that much higher.

Boss 3. Go EF for this. Get as much EF on the raid as you can. Combine with HA to blanket the raid. Prism as much as you can.
    Alright, so 3HP's EF is the way to go. Problem I have then is that i can't figure out how to get HP's as fast as possible to shield everyone. Spam HR? I'm already using HS on cooldown, but i barely get everyone blanketed up before the other's have run out again.

@Jukex: What would be your argument to gem for more Intellect?

This is my Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsite/advanced

The usual rotation to get more HoPo is HR-HR-HS then EF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, so 3HP's EF is the way to go. Problem I have then is that i can't figure out how to get HP's as fast as possible to shield everyone. Spam HR? I'm already using HS on cooldown, but i barely get everyone blanketed up before the other's have run out again.

@Jukex: What would be your argument to gem for more Intellect?

This is my Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsite/advanced
    You should try going for some haste, with EF not benefiting from mastery anymore (the HoT that is) you can't just refresh shields with it so don't bother using EF less than 3 HoPo and go for the haste breakpoints which are 3506 and 7170, EF heal's for alot more now so it's even better to aim for these breakpoints. With your gear I would suggest going for the first one, 3506. With this extra haste your HS will have a lower cd and so to your cast's, it feels a LOT better imo.

Even 3 healing some fights along side a resto druid and disc/holy priest, it feels so good. (With the 7170 breakpoint).

With regards to the intellect part, I'm wanting to maintain some mastery atleast, which is why I'm currently sticking with my 30% with this 2nd haste breakpoint and 15.5k spirit unbuffed. I won't even think of altering this setup until I start heroic progression.
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2013-09-12 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Haste 7172
    Spirit 13867
    Mastery 13016

www[dot]askmrrobot[dot]com/wow/gear/9c8634cd-8781-4d19-8195-7da9fd70f827

BiS !? Your thougts

* cant change the Cloak, should be legendary, maybe someone knows a better chardev

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    They can be upgraded but not warforged, but they are already 2 ilvls above warforged.

It does 100%. If it says that it is a tooltip error.
    So the boA weapon is our BiS then

10+ Year Old Account
    Since 5.4 is now live, we are closing this. Please create a new thread to continue theorycrafting discussion in 5.4, and if you are looking for character help, please remember to use the fix my heals thread instead. Thanks!