Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Virsta1 View Post
    it is a pvp glyph.
    I mean the 5.4 50% reduction in mana and cd one.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Edit: Btw, can we all agree that the Divine Plea glyph is totally useless. I wonder what was the thought process behind it.
    What, did you actually expect them to give us a useful glyph like druids permanent efflorescence glyph? Ha.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    What, did you actually expect them to give us a useful glyph like druids permanent efflorescence glyph? Ha.
    Didn't they take that out? I know I saw a post on the forums crying that Druids were going to be useless and the bottom healer without it.

  4. #24
    They disabled it for the last build because of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8AbVux088

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    I mean the 5.4 50% reduction in mana and cd one.
    yes i know. it is so you do not have to worry so much about protecting your plea from purges and dispells.

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Freia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    1,837
    That video...wow.

  7. #27
    Well that's a lot of flowers, and yea the DP glyph is for pvp

  8. #28
    I don't understand how it changes anything, maybe there is something I'm missing?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    They disabled it for the last build because of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp8AbVux088
    Jesus. Why they thought that glyph was a good idea I'll never know.
    Last edited by Lumineux; 2013-07-27 at 07:24 PM.

  10. #30
    I'll agree that SH feels like a very strict rotation. Needing to catch both HS and judgment, especially with haste reductions, really makes it feel robotic. I would much prefer a longer CD on judgment with additional HP granted, though as others have said, not sure how avenger would interact with this. If HP generation was off of additional spells, this would open up the rotation, but none of us see this happening.

    In 10 man I'm not sure what I'll end up doing. SH feels a little locked down, and holy rad obviously isn't as valuable for non-stacked fights as 25m. I'd probably end up dumping alot of SH stacks as DL rather than HR.

    I hope they tweak SS scaling, though unless there's very very heavy tank damage, I can't see this being a good 10m choice.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire Kyuuseishu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineux View Post
    Jesus. Why they thought that glyph was a good idea I'll never know.
    Well its the visual thats bugged, not all of them heal, only the most recent one put down. Atleast I think so, when I was running over the flower field outside shrine 2 days ago I wasn't receiving healing.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by xiloclipse View Post
    I would much prefer a longer CD on judgment with additional HP granted, though as others have said, not sure how avenger would interact with this. If HP generation was off of additional spells, this would open up the rotation, but none of us see this happening.
    Holy Avenger couldn't interact with it well. It would just have to award 5HP. Chances are you'd already have 2HP banked so it would be a bit of a waste but it would be a minor inconvenience for how much better SH would feel.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by xiloclipse View Post
    I hope they tweak SS scaling, though unless there's very very heavy tank damage, I can't see this being a good 10m choice.
    Scaling is one. Having it scale with mastery seems sensible. 40% mastery = 40% bigger shield. Since our mastery is shields anyway it make sense it would boost a shield.

    The other thing, as people have suggested, is giving it 3 charges instead of a three second cooldown. Just a quality of life issue. Stops it feeling like maintenance.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Edit: Btw, can we all agree that the Divine Plea glyph is totally useless. I wonder what was the thought process behind it.
    They should have just scrapped the glyph really rather than try and change it. We do get the Sacrifice glyph, however, which I imagine we will always take. We don't have many great competing glyphs and this makes Sacrifice much easier to use in high damage phases.

  13. #33
    Keyboard Turner Priestalizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Czech republic
    Posts
    9
    As Aladya said, Mastery>Haste>Crit>Spirit looks like the way to go with SH. With 550 ilvl gear we have around 45% crit on HS and this works well with 2p bonus. The fact that we will cast more HS due to lower cd is positive aswell. Nearly every piece of gear from SoS has spirit so there is no need to ignore our set (better weak bonuses then none) unless tokens goes for locks/priest with better ones.

    Crit as a possible gearing strat sounds cool. But so does a viable Glyph of Illumination.
    We'd be fine buffing Illumination. It's just a short ride from there to mandatory though.
    I am bringing it again. With 7k spirit and more HS/min shouldn't Glyph of Illumination provide more mp5?.
    Wonder if/how they change the glyph.

    PS; Which healer actually does have a hard meaningful "rotation"? Atonement/poh, rejuv, uplift, rain. No need to have IQ above 90 to use them on average lvl.

  14. #34
    Crit is not better than spirit, not by a long shot.


  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestalizer View Post

    I am bringing it again. With 7k spirit and more HS/min shouldn't Glyph of Illumination provide more mp5?.
    Wonder if/how they change the glyph.
    Nope, even with 7k Spirit Glyph of Illumination is still a self nerf.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Nope, even with 7k Spirit Glyph of Illumination is still a self nerf.
    6908spi = 7797mp5 OOC
    normal holy insight: 50% = 3898.5mp5 IC = 46782mana per min
    glyphed holy insight: 40% = 3118.8mp5 IC = 37425.6mana per min
    diff = 9356.4mana lost from glyph per minute

    @4sec HS = 45000mana per min gained from glyph * crit chance
    @5sec HS = 36000mana per min gained from glyph * crit chance

    x = 60/HS cooldown. y = 3000* x * critchance as percentage. if y > 9356.4, glyph gives back more mana
    Last edited by dar3652; 2013-07-27 at 10:36 PM.

  17. #37
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestalizer View Post
    PS; Which healer actually does have a hard meaningful "rotation"? Atonement/poh, rejuv, uplift, rain. No need to have IQ above 90 to use them on average lvl.
    I think this is something lost, but in my humble a opinion a mindless yet powerful rotation is far preferable to a confusing, clumsy, shitty rotation that even if you somehow miraculously tear out your hair to master, still puts you at shit level.

    Half the time I don't think the people whining about the first realize what they are asking for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    1) I highly doubt we'll ever be at 7k spirit base even if so you also have to count other effects such as spirit trinkets which people forget. On my base gear, reforging everything out of spirit (no spirit gems either) will give me ~8.8k spirit even if I reforge it to crit. While I might be able to get some more non-spirit pieces compared to what I have, if you take the gear with higher base spirit for next tier, it will even out.

    2) With the Glyph you're also assuming that HS is used perfectly on cooldown, realistically this isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-07-27 at 10:49 PM.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by dar3652 View Post
    6908spi = 7797mp5 OOC
    normal holy insight: 50% = 3898.5mp5 IC = 46782mana per min
    glyphed holy insight: 40% = 3118.8mp5 IC = 37425.6mana per min
    diff = 9356.4mana lost from glyph per minute

    @4sec HS = 45000mana per min gained from glyph * crit chance
    @5sec HS = 36000mana per min gained from glyph * crit chance

    x = 60/HS cooldown. y = 3000* x * critchance as percentage. if y > 9356.4, glyph gives back more mana
    As Voidspark said, this assumes perfect HS(never going to happen or come even close) and disregards the http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102309-dy...-discontinuity . In addition it also disregards Mana Tide and simply put u can regen more mana by not casting the Holy Shock in the first place and just waiting for passive regen.

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,279
    Something I'm also wondering... even for low spirit builds, for progression, if unsure isn't it usually better to err on the side of too much spirit than too little (obviously not 20k but perhaps 7k is pushing it).

    /edit oh yes p.s. I realize that some fights are low-spirit fights by design, but then I'd imagine Illumination is simply not worth the glyph slot even if dumping max spirit possible for a specific fight reason.

  20. #40
    I'm thinking something like 9-10k spirit for progression just so you have plenty. That said even if you wanted to get 7k spirit it would be impossible asuming you have ilvl 545 on live atm.

    Then again it also depends on whether or not your guild is running with a resto shaman, if you dont have one you are going to want more spirit. Atleast this time arround you wont have to change depending on the fights because shamans are going to be brough for every single fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •