Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
... LastLast
  1. #301
    Stood in the Fire rogoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    in the land of killer unicrons
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

    Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?

    no
    no
    no
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    not bothered but i think aesthetic items need to be added and tied into rating or something for the top end pvpers
    yes x 1000

    overall though i won't be resubbing, the total hash blizz have made with this expansion is beyond words for some of the things done, the blatant gating systems of dailies at the start (and yes, i farmed that shit like a pro cos it was necessary, anybody who says otherwise was either not interested or just ignorant), and being forced to relearn how to play every patch (this goes for both pve and pvp players alike), it is no longer the game i once knew, and i can no longer relate to it anymore.

  2. #302
    While I can somewhat understand reasoning behind wanting all other changes, I don't understand this:
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    LFD only available for level 90 characters
    Why? It doesn't make any sense.

    That change would make it impossible to do instances while leveling. If LFD is to be limited it should be other way around - only available below max level because only at max level it is possible to find group the old way.
    Skinning a bear should aggro every bears in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.

  3. #303
    I think everyone realizes that LFR has greatly reduced overall enjoyment of the game, by making every raid into ICC (Which was great when it came out, but everyone played it until they were completely sick of it, due to the difficulty plummeting and multiple lockouts). LFD also hurt the game quite a lot, by crushing the social requirements that used to bring players together to do content and gear up. That's where blizz is going wrong. Blizz honestly needs to realize that if you you eat nothing but sugar, you vomit uncontrollably and spazz out.

    Diablo is the casual, instant gratification game, I have no idea why they've pushed WoW so far in that direction. ToT is one of if not the best overall raid they've ever created, but in a few months no one will feel that way, because LFR just cheapens everything and removes the usual feel of moving through a raid (revealing new bosses etc.)

    Ultimately, I do think WoW is on the way out. I still play, but I'm planning to quit after 5.4 comes out. The game is stretched too thin. Everything the OP mentioned is a terrible idea, except removing LFR. Don't get the good old days people. Mechanically WoW is way better than ever, doing the same content so much is why it feels shitty.

  4. #304
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    930
    All of these make the game less convinient?

    Are some people really that big of an ass that they want to take away things that are actually quite beneficial to most people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valenthiel View Post
    I think everyone realizes that LFR has greatly reduced overall enjoyment of the game, by making every raid into ICC (Which was great when it came out, but everyone played it until they were completely sick of it, due to the difficulty plummeting and multiple lockouts). LFD also hurt the game quite a lot, by crushing the social requirements that used to bring players together to do content and gear up. That's where blizz is going wrong. Blizz honestly needs to realize that if you you eat nothing but sugar, you vomit uncontrollably and spazz out.

    Diablo is the casual, instant gratification game, I have no idea why they've pushed WoW so far in that direction. ToT is one of if not the best overall raid they've ever created, but in a few months no one will feel that way, because LFR just cheapens everything and removes the usual feel of moving through a raid (revealing new bosses etc.)

    Ultimately, I do think WoW is on the way out. I still play, but I'm planning to quit after 5.4 comes out. The game is stretched too thin. Everything the OP mentioned is a terrible idea, except removing LFR. Don't get the good old days people. Mechanically WoW is way better than ever, doing the same content so much is why it feels shitty.
    LFR has made the game far more accesible to casual players, which despite what people think make up the vast majority of the wow player base. I would have quit at the start of mop if it wasn't there, I don't really have a good enough schedule to do normal raiding currently so LFR is my only option of gear progression.

    Don't blame LFR/LFD on the lack of social interaction in the game, that's all down to the players being anti-social.

  5. #305
    Stood in the Fire Les Grossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    These would make me quit altogether.
    Did you not play at all before Cata then?

  6. #306
    @Harmonious:

    Accessibility isn't always what you want. LFR allows you to see all of the content in a raid, something that often took months prior to Cataclysm, as quickly as they unlock the content. If you have alts, you play a neutered version of the current raid content over and over. Frankly that'll make anyone sick of anything. ICC was a great raid, it really was, but people resented the crap out of it because they played it so much and because it got so nerfed.

    Having to struggle through content is where a lot of the pleasure in a game like WoW comes from. If there's no challenge at all, what's the point really? Watching your DPS numbers creep up as you get more randomly assigned gear? It's really different to see things in LFR ahead of time, as opposed to seeing a new boss for the first time each time you successfully progress. A lot of the feeling is gone.

    I don't advocate a return to Vanilla/BC models where no one raided and the few people who did raid never got anywhere with the exception of a tiny group. To be honest, I don't really like heroic modes either, I do them, because it's the only way to get some of that feeling of progression. It's not the same though, not even close. It's all overplayed, we see everything way too much.

    I'm not a 'screw casuals' person. But I think 'casuals' should realize they don't want this either. It just makes things boring.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

    Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    - Removal of LFR---------------------No
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters------------No
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ----------Not a issue on my server
    - Item squish to WotLK level-------------No
    - Less CC--------------Meh idc
    - Old Talents--------------------Eh i like the current system but also enjoyed the old system
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again---------Hell no
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts--------------Wont effect me


    If i were to unsub ( i am on a break but not unsubbed) the one thing that would fire me up change wise and not new content like a xpac would be adding back Old AV i mean the original. I loved that place and hate the drag race it is now.

  8. #308
    I've already quit WoW, and no, I wouldn't go back for those changes. The problem isn't bringing back the old game. Truth be told, that's not what anyone really wants despite the complaints otherwise. It's like the TBC server talk, it's rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    I still have my sub, but I don't really play anymore just occasionally sign on to do the barrens weekly and visit with friends. All of the above would make me want to sign on even less. I would prefer old talents, but I doubt it would make me want to sign on more...less CC would maybe make me want to PvP a bit more though. CRZ annoys me, but server merging wouldn't be any better, so it wouldn't encourage me to come back as much as just the removal of CRZ would.

    Don't care about raid lockouts or arenas either way.

  10. #310
    I un-sub a few months ago, and i don't see myself coming back. No changes will bring me back. Why?

    New spells, new talents, new contents, they are no longer exciting to me anymore, it's routine go in and kill something for raids. Same thing as pvp, just kill the other team. Basically, it's just an old game with the same combat system, I'm sick of it, I want something new, it's also sad that the graphics are pretty much the same as 2004, the leaves on the trees are still pieces of green paper overlapping.

    The only reason I'd resub is during the last patch of an expansion, just buy the game and sub for a month to see what the new areas look like, that is if I really have too much money rotting in the bank, hell if I find other games to occupy me during my limited free time, I'll just wait 2-3 yrs for private servers and see the new contents for free, who knows what happens in 2-3yrs...

  11. #311
    I've been thinking about these three and I'd be so happy if it happened. LFD for 90s only would make levelling so much more enjoyable for new players and old players as you'd have to communicate. Communication is what made levelling worth the while. LFR just needs to go. I don't really care about flying mounts, wouldn't mind if there were removed in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor only, I kinda miss World PVP.
    Except you could never even get a group for a leveling instance unless it was a new expansion one at the beginning of an expac. I remember it used to be sitting in trade chat and LFG for 2 hours spamming LFM Scarlet Monastery/Maraudon/insert other out of the way instance until a bored guildie took you through. Even on my first character from 2006 I remember doing very few legitimate instance runs until lv 60 when people wanted rep and such from Stratholme etc.
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-08-14 at 11:43 PM.

  12. #312
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    I un-sub a few months ago, and i don't see myself coming back. No changes will bring me back. Why?

    New spells, new talents, new contents, they are no longer exciting to me anymore, it's routine go in and kill something for raids. Same thing as pvp, just kill the other team. Basically, it's just an old game with the same combat system, I'm sick of it, I want something new, it's also sad that the graphics are pretty much the same as 2004, the leaves on the trees are still pieces of green paper overlapping.

    The only reason I'd resub is during the last patch of an expansion, just buy the game and sub for a month to see what the new areas look like, that is if I really have too much money rotting in the bank, hell if I find other games to occupy me during my limited free time, I'll just wait 2-3 yrs for private servers and see the new contents for free, who knows what happens in 2-3yrs...
    Pretty much this sums it up for me too.
    However the best changes listed would be :

    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

    Neither of these forces you to do anything, and shared lockouts prevent people with a ton of spare time to play how they feel like.
    Unless they have alts and such.
    I wouldn´t return for those changes though, but they would probably mean a lot to many people.
    What I would want from WoW is something I can never have back, no matter what changes they throw at us all.

  13. #313
    Nope, just don't enjoy something I've played for 6 years. Want something new. WoW should continue to evolve to please a younger and new audience. It will do them better than to please people who enjoyed there game during TBC/WotLK like me, who won't come back anyways because the game is old as dirt.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    LFD for 90s only would make levelling so much more enjoyable for new players and old players as you'd have to communicate.
    Actually no. I levelled up shortly before Wrath came out, and this was how my low level dungeon experience went:

    1. Entered level 15 dungeon solo at level 25, mistakenly thinking that green elites would be easy for a warlock to handle. Was quickly disabused of that notion.
    2. Spammed trade for about 45 minutes before realizing that no one gave a crap about low level dungeons. Gave up and went back to questing.
    3. Bitched in guild chat about having all these quests in my log that I couldn't do because no one wanted to do low level dungeons. Someone agreed to 2-man some with me. By 2-manning it, I mean he ran through the instance on his level 70, pulling everything in sight. Every once in a while he would stop and AoE everything down and then take off running again. In the meantime I slowly followed, stopping to loot as much as I could before realizing that he was waiting on me so that I was close enough to get credit for his next boss kill.

    How was that any more meaningful than what happens today? At least now new players get to experience the dungeon at their own level instead of chasing a high level friend who is running through the instance as fast as they can because they want to get their one charitable deed for the week done as quickly as possible. That's not enjoyable, and it doesn't foster communication.

  15. #315
    To all the people who replied "I would quit for sure"...not. It requires a pair of balls to do that ^^ I bet most of them are just talking big.
    If Blizzard changed so much in one expansion I would like to see the results. I would at least login and see if this new mechanics would work.
    90% of my friends admit that Wow is way boring now but don't have the pride and character to actually quit playing and prove a point

    The removal of LFR is a bit extreme...gotta please them casuals I guess. But worse rewards would be nice. Or maybe you could only use LFR for the first raids and not the end game ones (poor deathwing lost all his epicness in Cata xD)
    Last edited by Shadowpunkz; 2013-08-13 at 11:36 PM.

  16. #316
    I haven't played wow since march and today i was thinking about resubscribing. If they did that, it is more than likely that i wouldn't sub ever again. That's just not a very smart idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    To all the people who replied "I would quit for sure"...not. It requires a pair of balls to do that ^^ I bet most of them are just talking big.
    If Blizzard changed so much in one expansion I would like to see the results. I would at least login and see if this new mechanics would work.
    90% of my friends admit that Wow is way boring now but don't have the pride and character to actually quit playing and prove a point
    It takes balls to quit WoW? nah more like a couple of responsibilities, like a job, college, a relationship. Mainly a job that's what made me quit.
    Last edited by MaxJr; 2013-08-13 at 11:36 PM.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Actually no. I levelled up shortly before Wrath came out, and this was how my low level dungeon experience went:

    1. Entered level 15 dungeon solo at level 25, mistakenly thinking that green elites would be easy for a warlock to handle. Was quickly disabused of that notion.
    2. Spammed trade for about 45 minutes before realizing that no one gave a crap about low level dungeons. Gave up and went back to questing.
    3. Bitched in guild chat about having all these quests in my log that I couldn't do because no one wanted to do low level dungeons. Someone agreed to 2-man some with me. By 2-manning it, I mean he ran through the instance on his level 70, pulling everything in sight. Every once in a while he would stop and AoE everything down and then take off running again. In the meantime I slowly followed, stopping to loot as much as I could before realizing that he was waiting on me so that I was close enough to get credit for his next boss kill.

    How was that any more meaningful than what happens today? At least now new players get to experience the dungeon at their own level instead of chasing a high level friend who is running through the instance as fast as they can because they want to get their one charitable deed for the week done as quickly as possible. That's not enjoyable, and it doesn't foster communication.
    the bold part was actually a quote from someone else but I messed up the tags. I agree with you btw.

  18. #318
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

    Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Nope, Blizzard has had their chance to keep me as a potential customer. They blew it. And I am quite certain I am not alone in that either.

  19. #319
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,368
    Yeah, I'd play again.

  20. #320
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

    Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    I'd NOT come back for those changes...

    In fact, if any of those changes happen (with the exception of Old Talents), I'd most likely quit the game for good...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •