Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    I would come back because that would actually mean you would be doing something in the game rather than the shit there is now.
    That's rich coming from someone playing GW2 where there is by definition nothing to do except level and explore.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I quit 2 weeks after Casualysm release and never came back. Major reasons are: The Game is way way too easy and does not force you to socialize anymore. You don't need a Guild or even Friends. You can do everything alone without farming etc...

To make me come back:
    - Raiding back to Old Model (Hardmore=Only Mode)
    - Straight Gear-/RaidProgression with Attunement-Quests (No Badges to get Items, like in TBC=Farm T4 to get ready for T5, farm T5 to get ready for T6 etc)
    - Remove Flying Mounts in most of the Zones to push Open PvP again
    - Reintroduce Elite- and Classquests for Level1-Maxlevel
    - Increase XP-Requirements by at least 50% (Its a fucking joke that you cannot complete a zone without quests getting gray, even without Heirlooms)
    - TBC-Classmechanics/Talents (No shared buffs/spells anymore)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    I quit 2 weeks after Casualysm release and never came back. Major reasons are: The Game is way way too easy and does not force you to socialize anymore. You don't need a Guild or even Friends. You can do everything alone without farming etc...
    Actually, Cata release was way overtuned, and you better had to have a guild group to go to 5-mans early on.
    And frankly, that was a fatal mistake.

To make me come back:
    - Raiding back to Old Model (Hardmore=Only Mode)
    - Straight Gear-/RaidProgression with Attunement-Quests (No Badges to get Items, like in TBC=Farm T4 to get ready for T5, farm T5 to get ready for T6 etc)
    - Remove Flying Mounts in most of the Zones to push Open PvP again
    - Reintroduce Elite- and Classquests for Level1-Maxlevel
    - Increase XP-Requirements by at least 50% (Its a fucking joke that you cannot complete a zone without quests getting gray, even without Heirlooms)
    - TBC-Classmechanics/Talents (No shared buffs/spells anymore)
    This won't happen, get over it and quit whining. The TBC economical model is not defensible anymore.
    MMO player

Deleted
    Those changes works really good, just make the LFD part so anyone except lvl 90's can use it, they should do hc scenario style for grouping.

Actually, Cata release was way overtuned, and you better had to have a guild group to go to 5-mans early on.
    Bullshit! I was Maxlevel after ~14hrs I think and rushed through the heroics EZPZ. In the first day you got grouped with Non-Casuals, I've done most of DayOne with ForTheHorde groups. After the Casuals managed to get to Maxlevel it was obviously harder, because you got matched with Full-Retards.
    But overall, Casualysm is just not even worth it to discuss. Its just complete bullshit. At least it had no Pandaland.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the Casuals managed to get to Maxlevel it was obviously harder, because you got matched with Full-Retards.
    Which is kinda the point. Cata 5-mans were overtuned for LFD. Quod erat demonstrandum.
    So you may want to review your concept of "bullshit"

But overall, Casualysm is just not even worth it to discuss. Its just complete bullshit. At least it had no Pandaland.
    Did a panda touch you in a special place so that you're so upset about them?
    MMO player

I hated those days OP. The game has only gotten better.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. The list of things I'd need would completely alter the game, so it won't happen. The things I'd want are as follows:
    - Make the factions more distinctive. Give them a real reason to fight/hate one another.
    - Bring back faction-only classes.
    - No flying mounts at all.
    - No dungeon finder of any kind.
    - Make dungeons more rewarding, less grindy.
    - Consolidate stats.
    - More focus on the war, less on general baddies.
    - Improve/modernize combat system.
    - More racial distinction in regards to stats and abilities.
    - Good writers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Id only come back if the game direction changed or Blizzard removed the monthly fees.

The game is boring honestly, no amount of changes is going to get the sub base back up like it was and Im sure no one expects it get that high again. The best thing blizzard could do right now would be merge the bottom 50 dead ass servers and use the left over servers to make vanilla, TBC, and WotLK only servers. They could even make them ftp with a cash shop and still make a lot of money out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I solo queued them as a resto druid and on my warlock. They was properly tuned for the gear and the concept that everyone would be actively participating and most problems came down to mechanic fails than gear check fails. By the time the random group buff got increased and some nerfs hit the average player already had more gear and learned the mechanics just like what happens in LFR which in turn made the nerfs kind of moot and mostly just a long term benefit as the experienced players moved on to the new heroics. Unlike LFR the Cata heroics was not designed for players to carry dead weight and most of my groups the players could perform at least the minimum which was still bellow raider level, but throw in one person looking for a carry then it becomes hell. Before I was in full 345 blues I felt myself already out gearing the place and could overcome more mistakes and carry. In the end you cant heal stupid which equals the players standing in telegraphed bad and it made my job much easier as a healer as a player in no way could place the blame on me for their fuck up as many players would before from dieing in a fire.

I even hit up PuG T11 groups in the opening months and will tell you that 25 man was way easier and PuG friendly. T11 10 man difficulty could swing greatly based on group comp and specs while 25 man did not have that issue. Sadly players was impatient and did not want to do 25 mans and in turn suffered for both their inpatients and Blizzards fuck up in tuning the two mode. The top guild on my server ended up "PuGing" players to make a 25 man in order to get realm first Nef. The tuning was that big between the two modes. Then Blizzard swapped the difficulties when Firelands hit where Shannox 10 man was doable with 353 gear while 25 man was tight with 359 gear and far higher levels of coordination.

The only real issue I saw with tuning was missing the mark on early healer regen due to Blizzard being very hesitant on creating another WotLK regen issue. The later buff did help out a lot but in the end the regen issues did pop up although not as large as WotLK was while still just as fast paced which was something the developers also tried to prevent with making healers weaker to allow more time to think.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-08-19 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Unlike LFR the Cata heroics was not designed for players to carry dead weight and most of my groups the players could perform at least the minimum which was still bellow raider level, but throw in one person looking for a carry then it becomes hell.
    Yeah and the effect of that was disastrous on the subs. Sure, they nerfed heroics and stuff, but the harm was done.
    Of course, it is not the only reason for why Cata saw massive sub drops, but it certainly one of the most important factors.
    MMO player

- Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

My time runs out the on the 25th and I am not renewing. I would if these changes took place though.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

I quit WoW a long time ago, around the end of WotLK, and only came back a few weeks for Cata and MoP. The last time I really had fun was on Mimiron HM in Ulduar. I see many things which you have listed as advancements, and I don't think the game would be improved by removing them. In my opinion, the real issue with WoW is the fact that its social aspect has been relegated to an option. It used to be compulsory for almost everything at high levels. Lessening the social aspect made the game more casual-friendly, but nothing was made to compensate for the massive hit to socializing in the game.

In my opinion, the only way to make WoW a great game again would be to innovate on how to build social relationships between players again.

Deleted
    WHy the HELL you wanna remove flying mounts of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms? It makes your character slower? You wanna slow gameplay? good luck for you... !!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good way to kill the game. You'd drive away 90% of the people already playing easily.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No; those things are (generally) horrible ideas.
    What would make me come back?
    -Item Squish from level 1 upwards
    -Reworked stat and level scaling system
    -More CC in dungeons (I really liked the first month of Cataclysm's difficulty)
    -(reworked) Old talent tree system
    -Minimizing grind while increasing skill demand (progression should be more about skill than time invested (in things that aren't immediately linked to the progression itself). Dailies must go, for instance. Looking For Raid should be harder; not more demanding on gear, but more demanding on spatial and strategical attention.

Basically, in order to get me back to WoW, the amount of time you play outside of groups should be diminished/less necessary, and the amount of time you play IN groups should be more important. Progression should most definitely be faster (better droprates for gear), but dungeons, heroics and LFR should be harder (because of CC demand and hightened tactical awareness; not because of sheer number increases).
    Furthermore, while progression should be faster, the differences between levels of progression (tiers/seasons) should be smaller.

I would like to see such changes because I despise, utterly despise, grind. Whereas I like challenging group content.

YES I WOULD RESUB! But only with these changes

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

There should only be 1 raid difficultly and it should be hard. If they went back to TBC raiding model then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Sounds like a good way to kill the game. You'd drive away 90% of the people already playing easily.
    its not like those 90% are any good with LFR being their end game. I say good riddance.

- - - Updated - - -

this thread is sad all i see are a bunch of entitle cry baby scrubs, that raid LFR as end game.. yeah i'm glad i'm quitting this piece of shit game, and mmo-champion community sucks floppy donkey dick. every post is some fucking scrub who never was good enough and now the game is easy so he/she can experience everything!!!! oh yay!!! to bad the bar had to be lowered so fucking obviously low first.

[This user was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-08-19 at 12:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Changes proposed by the OP would not make me consider resubbing. They'd probably make me less likely to resub. Trying to level an alt without LFD? Especially a healer alt? No thank you very much.
    These, on the other hand.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    What would make me come back?
    -Item Squish from level 1 upwards
    -Reworked stat and level scaling system
    -More CC in dungeons (I really liked the first month of Cataclysm's difficulty)
    -(reworked) Old talent tree system
    -Minimizing grind while increasing skill demand (progression should be more about skill than time invested (in things that aren't immediately linked to the progression itself). Dailies must go, for instance. Looking For Raid should be harder; not more demanding on gear, but more demanding on spatial and strategical attention.

Basically, in order to get me back to WoW, the amount of time you play outside of groups should be diminished/less necessary, and the amount of time you play IN groups should be more important. Progression should most definitely be faster (better droprates for gear), but dungeons, heroics and LFR should be harder (because of CC demand and hightened tactical awareness; not because of sheer number increases).
    Furthermore, while progression should be faster, the differences between levels of progression (tiers/seasons) should be smaller.

I would like to see such changes because I despise, utterly despise, grind. Whereas I like challenging group content.
    I would seriously, seriously consider playing again with changes like these.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP