Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Needed by lazy people? Needed to destroy server communities?
    People on low population servers, people who play late at night and wouldn't find groups at all if it didn't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Am I the only long term (played from 2006 until I quit around a year ago, and a hardcore raider for almost that entire time, including clearing part of Naxx at 60) who HATES restrictions on using flying mounts? I don't know if it's because I've never been into world PvP (unless it's mind controlling people into lava outside of Molten Core back in the day...) or because I find it more fun to explore and admire zones from the air than the ground, but I don't get why hating flying is considered a "hardcore" thing.
    Same I have played the game for like 7 year. I will just alt tab and watch youtube videos. They would have to redesign wow for me to enjoy the world again. I have seen it a million times. Mist has made it more fun with the rares and special items but that stuff only last so long.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Every single point would be a reason for me to not come back, but as long as blizzard aint stupid enough to do so, I don't have a reason to unsub

Deleted
    If Blizzard insist that flying mounts IS the way forward then they should plan their expansions accordingly. The landmass is often too small to spend 2 years in.

Personally, I thought the game was much more fun pre flying mounts and definitely do not like what they did to Azeroth in Cataclysm, in fact I feel robbed as I loved the old territory. They will not go back though as they are hemorrhaging enough subs without showing a weakness and going back on a major decision (which is exactly what they need to do with the talent trees for example). All my opinion only, as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoroth23 View Post
    Needed by lazy people? Needed to destroy server communities?
    If by server community you mean a bunch of clans insulting each other and making life hell for new players, then maybe it needed to be destroyed.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfpally39 View Post
    2. yes, easy gear. I would prefer to work for my gear instead of auto-attack afk.
    Then simply don't do LFR, for god's sake! Or are you forced to do so by a lunatic with a gun right behind your back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Then simply don't do LFR, for god's sake! Or are you forced to do so by a lunatic with a gun right behind your back?
    You're telling him to use logic? Preposterous!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    If Blizzard insist that flying mounts IS the way forward then they should plan their expansions accordingly. The landmass is often too small to spend 2 years in.
    Morrowind landmass was much smaller than that, for instance. It's not just about the area, IMO.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think these are the changes I want but I will tell you what would make me love the game again and resub:

1. LFR redesigned: It becomes a grouping tool for old raids like SWP , Molten Core , ICC . The mob and boss levels scale up ( or you get scaled down) but it is the same forgiving difficulity as it is now in LFR. The rewards are : vanity items , transmorg gear . ( maybe with a new faction like " The Time Watchers" who want you to go back in time and relive the big victories of Azeroth or whatever)

2. The actual raid content with the actual gear is not avalible in any watered down version until it becomes obsolete , then its avalible in LFR. Also we have one difficulity level , and half of the bosses have hard modes which you turn in while doing the fight ( like in ulduar). Raid has legendary quest lines, standard quest lines , reputation, gems associated with it. ( also an attunement which involves no grinding just story )

3. More 5 man grouping content. 15 insances or more in an expansion , with normal and HC versions . HC versions are more like in BC but they have a curve. ( there are easy ones and then the difficulity increases so its like 5 easy 5 medium 5 hard hc instances, providing content for casual players ) I would keep the challange modes.

I think the main idea behind my view is that, you can provide DIFFERENT content for every play style and not just make one content in hundred versions, recolor everything etc. And I have numerous other problems too much gold ( not enought gold sinks ) , PvP too e-sporty but those are smaller concerns for me.

server merges is the only thing i like on that list.

if they would remove LFR, i would insta quit

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    - Less CC

yes for those , NO for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    It's kind of hard to just not do LFR when you are in a top 50 US guild.... >_> I am forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc.

Deleted
    It's kind of hard to just not do LFR when you are in a top 50 US guild.... >_> I am forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc.
    Given the LFR release is always staggered behind normal, how's that working out for ya?

Most of these horrible changes would likely make me unsub for the first time since I originally subbed in 2005.

Some very good changes in OP post IMO. Just about all of it, in particular the 10 win thing for arena just makes arena lame (why I stopped doing it). Was much more fun when you had teams and you *had* to win if you wanted to progress and get the different gear available.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you run in a Top 50 guild, then you should already beat normal long before the last wing of LFR is released.
    MMO player

I would quit so fast it would make your head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by syar View Post
    I don't think these are the changes I want but I will tell you what would make me love the game again and resub:

1. LFR redesigned: It becomes a grouping tool for old raids like SWP , Molten Core , ICC . The mob and boss levels scale up ( or you get scaled down) but it is the same forgiving difficulity as it is now in LFR. The rewards are : vanity items , transmorg gear . ( maybe with a new faction like " The Time Watchers" who want you to go back in time and relive the big victories of Azeroth or whatever)

2. The actual raid content with the actual gear is not avalible in any watered down version until it becomes obsolete , then its avalible in LFR. Also we have one difficulity level , and half of the bosses have hard modes which you turn in while doing the fight ( like in ulduar). Raid has legendary quest lines, standard quest lines , reputation, gems associated with it. ( also an attunement which involves no grinding just story )

3. More 5 man grouping content. 15 insances or more in an expansion , with normal and HC versions . HC versions are more like in BC but they have a curve. ( there are easy ones and then the difficulity increases so its like 5 easy 5 medium 5 hard hc instances, providing content for casual players ) I would keep the challange modes.

I think the main idea behind my view is that, you can provide DIFFERENT content for every play style and not just make one content in hundred versions, recolor everything etc. And I have numerous other problems too much gold ( not enought gold sinks ) , PvP too e-sporty but those are smaller concerns for me.
    Doing what you suggested in #2 would make most new patches irrelevant to 90% of the people paying a subscription to the game, and makes zero logical sense at all to do in any possible way, and I can't understand at all why you think that's a good idea. You can't design content purely for a small minority of players, and then, for the majority, only give them a benefit in the form of some type of pity content. That's just plain stupid and financially broken. LFR, as is, is a long ways toward pity content, no need to make it even worse. Blizzard wants people to pay to play their game :x They'd be absolutely mental to design content that most can't experience again. They've already done that once :x I just don't get this sort of anti-person train of thought at all. It's actually pretty damned selfish :x

- - - Updated - - -

I think being in a top 50 US guild should imply you're going to be doing a lot of stuff you don't really want to do. Otherwise, aim lower and realize it's not the game's fault :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Doing what you suggested in #2 would make most new patches irrelevant to 90% of the people paying a subscription to the game, and makes zero logical sense at all to do in any possible way, and I can't understand at all why you think that's a good idea. You can't design content purely for a small minority of players, and then, for the majority, only give them a benefit in the form of some type of pity content. That's just plain stupid and financially broken. LFR, as is, is a long ways toward pity content, no need to make it even worse. Blizzard wants people to pay to play their game :x They'd be absolutely mental to design content that most can't experience again. They've already done that once :x I just don't get this sort of anti-person train of thought at all. It's actually pretty damned selfish :x
    I think you quite misunderstood me. Current LFR content would just lag behind 1 patch , and in every patch I would release solo and 5 man group content with engaging story and rewards for people not wanting to raid. Why would this be anti-person? It's content for everyone , and all the player layers experience every lore sooner or later, and we have a clear progression path.
    What I propose is in no way anti person also its a philosophy that Blizzard followed(to a degree) while constantly gaining subs and peaking. Now they nerfed everything from leveling to the requirements of finishing the actual raid tier and they experiencing a decline.You have to put out some barriers and not just hand out everything because that just does not work. Kinda like why wining the lottery wont bring you a lifetime of happiness.
    Also I would like to point out that I'm in no way a raider I will not have the time required to do any raiding in the following 5-10 years ,or maybe never.But still blizzard just gives me what? Facerollable heroics, watered down raidlike rush fests without social contact? Thats catering to me ,the casual? No its more like catering to somebody who avoids challange ,social situations and hates engaging in teamwork, and that is somebody I am not . And I like to think its not what makes the 90%of the "community".

I've already quit WoW, and no, I wouldn't go back for those changes. The problem isn't bringing back the old game. Truth be told, that's not what anyone really wants despite the complaints otherwise. It's like the TBC server talk, it's rose tinted nostalgia glasses.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id cry of sadness

- Removal of LFR
    I dont care very much but as I became a casual after cata, it would make things harder for me so i wouldnt be happy about it.

NOOOO!! this is my only way to level i hate quests, id quit!

A good thing, id be happy

Dont know and I dont care much, it would have been fun to try tho

- Less CC
    YES!! PLEASE
    - Old Talents
    Bring back please!

Prefer it as it is now.

Bring it on! I want!

PS. Im a current subber
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2013-08-20 at 11:56 PM.

I did quite WoW for University reasons and the reason I came back after was for Lore reasons. These reasons would drive me further from the game because of the convenience level they bring. I am yet to understand why a person would not want LFR and LFD, is it because they enjoyed the times when we had to stand around for an hour looking one group which may or may not complete the dungeon? Idiots!
    IMA CHARGIN MY FIREBALL!!!!!