Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aug View Post
    I did quite WoW for University reasons and the reason I came back after was for Lore reasons. These reasons would drive me further from the game because of the convenience level they bring. I am yet to understand why a person would not want LFR and LFD, is it because they enjoyed the times when we had to stand around for an hour looking one group which may or may not complete the dungeon? Idiots!
    I wouldn't be surprised if they never experienced them. LFD was introduced because there was an actual need for it, but some seem incapable of grasping that.

Deleted
    if i quit and they made those changes i wouldnt even bother coming back, most of them are horrible except the squish

Wow, every single one of those options I would either care nothing about, or they would make me dislike the game more. Glad this guy isn't running things.

- Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor - yes
    - Removal of LFR - Absolutely.
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters - no, needs to be removed alltogether.
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ - No.
    - Item squish to WotLK level - Nope.
    - Less CC - No
    - Old Talents - Yes
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again - No input.
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts - No, all lockouts should be shared, including LFR.

Deleted
    I'd still play, however I don't mind it how it is right now.

Deleted
    and there you have it, the wow community at its finest, morons/casuals everywhere

That would cause more to quit than resub thus ending the game for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.
    No, I like my flying mounts.

- Removal of LFR.
    No, it'll be an okay way to gear up when I come back in 5.4.

- LFD only available for level 90 characters.
    Terrible change, LFD is an alright, alternative way to leveling.

- Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ.
    Maybe, but I'm on a pretty big high population server now, so I doubt it'd be changed.

- Item squish to WotLK level.
    Hell no. I'd rather not go from doing 150k DPS to doing 15k DPS. I'd feel like I'm getting weaker, not stronger.

- Less CC.
    Like anyone CCs things now? (Unless you're talking about PvP, I hate PvP and don't do it, so this wouldn't effect me).

- Old Talents.
    No, no, no. Old talents were always the same, people always had the same cookie cutter specs as those people in Paragon and Blood Legion. At least now I can change them on a fight-by-fight basis and make them feel a little more useful.

- Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again.
    Don't PvP.

- Removal of shared raid lockouts.
    Maybe, though then I'd feel obligated to do both, especially since they drop the same exact gear now.

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Not with the majority of your changes. I plan on coming back anyways, but Warriors having good comparative DPS and being not-so-shitty tanks compared to the others would do wonders for me. Having a raid team that's consistent and consistently shows up would also be very nice, but that's out of Blizzard's control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    This should go in the dictionary under "compelling argument"... nah, kidding, it makes absolutely no sense.
    So, cows and dogs are ok, but pandas are not? OK then.
    So Cows are a playable race now? didn't knew that! Thats of cours even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    So Cows are a playable race now? didn't knew that! Thats of cours even worse.
    Well, minotaurs, technically, but it's a cow all right
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    and there you have it, the wow community at its finest, morons/casuals everywhere
    because that's totally a new phenomena!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I've already quit WoW, and no, I wouldn't go back for those changes. The problem isn't bringing back the old game. Truth be told, that's not what anyone really wants despite the complaints otherwise. It's like the TBC server talk, it's rose tinted nostalgia glasses.
    Yeah thats why more than a few of the private vanilla and BC blizzlike servers are running with log in queues. The one I play on caps at 9999 players and always has a queue. I do agree though that those changes arent going to get anyone back to the game.

Deleted
    My vision of a better wow:

Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor -> Flying Mounts shouldn't be in the game, if you want to go somewhere faster, use a Flightpath!
    And on that note, make Flightpaths cost like 50g/use so people actually ride through the places!

LFR should be removed, however with the new Flex Raiding, if they add in a better chat option like OQ or Openraid.eu ingame, that would be a much better raiding experience, especially since it's done in Wings and not 1 instance like normal/heroic raid!

LFD needs to stay, however they need to rework lvl 70/80/85 Heroic Dungeons cause those aren't used anymore!

CRZ is fine, if you don't like being ganked, go on a PvE realm!
    Faction Imbalances will always arise, impossible to resolve without CRZ!

Item Squish
    => BIG YES! and will happen next expansion anyway!

Less CC per class -> Yes

Old Talents -> The new MoP Talent system is the best talent system for any game! Easy to change, maybe they should remove the cost of a dust of disappearence!

Remove shared lockout ->Why would anyone want to raid both 10 & 25man again in the same week? WoW raids need to be open for everyone, not just the truely hardcore no-lifers that raid 7days/week

Other things that need to happen: Less abilty bloat but more fun abilities like Mind Vision / Eye of Killrogg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Yeah thats why more than a few of the private vanilla and BC blizzlike servers are running with log in queues. The one I play on caps at 9999 players and always has a queue. I do agree though that those changes arent going to get anyone back to the game.
    Those realms have queues because people don't want to pay for WoW anymore, which is a different thing that not wanting to play anymore!
    There's much talk about weither or not WoW should go F2Play, however I think a lower in Sub Fee would help alot too!

No.

I'm told I need to add more to this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    In theory, it shouldn't be an issue... but in reality it is. They have to worry about setting up alts and what not so they have the best possible raid composition. An LFR requirement would give them a better chance to be "fully equipped". At least... this is what I am told about the top50 guild scene. It's fun having co-workers in Kin Raiders.
    The person I was replying to was complaining about being "forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc."

But the catch is, you cannot get 4 set until all wings of LFR are released. If, by that time, he still needs 4 tier and bis trinkets, something does not add up.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

As much as those changes would be awesome, it is highly unlikely due to the deteriorated playerbase quality.

Without most of those changes...

Just the server merges and a non-panda/non-pokeshit/non-farmvilcrap/reasonably serious expansion and I may resub.

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    My vision of a better wow:

Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor -> Flying Mounts shouldn't be in the game, if you want to go somewhere faster, use a Flightpath!
    And on that note, make Flightpaths cost like 50g/use so people actually ride through the places!

LFR should be removed, however with the new Flex Raiding, if they add in a better chat option like OQ or Openraid.eu ingame, that would be a much better raiding experience, especially since it's done in Wings and not 1 instance like normal/heroic raid!

LFD needs to stay, however they need to rework lvl 70/80/85 Heroic Dungeons cause those aren't used anymore!

CRZ is fine, if you don't like being ganked, go on a PvE realm!
    Faction Imbalances will always arise, impossible to resolve without CRZ!

Item Squish
    => BIG YES! and will happen next expansion anyway!

Less CC per class -> Yes

Old Talents -> The new MoP Talent system is the best talent system for any game! Easy to change, maybe they should remove the cost of a dust of disappearence!

Remove shared lockout ->Why would anyone want to raid both 10 & 25man again in the same week? WoW raids need to be open for everyone, not just the truely hardcore no-lifers that raid 7days/week

Other things that need to happen: Less abilty bloat but more fun abilities like Mind Vision / Eye of Killrogg

- - - Updated - - -

Those realms have queues because people don't want to pay for WoW anymore, which is a different thing that not wanting to play anymore!
    There's much talk about weither or not WoW should go F2Play, however I think a lower in Sub Fee would help alot too!
    I agree that is part of it. I spend way more time on the BC server than live, and its not only because its free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    The person I was replying to was complaining about being "forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc."

But the catch is, you cannot get 4 set until all wings of LFR are released. If, by that time, he still needs 4 tier and bis trinkets, something does not add up.
    LFR is released in what, 4 weeks? Yeah, people start heroic modes the second week, but you're forgetting RNG. What if they don't win the rolls? What if their token doesn't even drop for 5 weeks, and then they don't win it? On top of that, no 25 man guild is going to have everyone in full tier sets by the time LFR is fully opened. And thus, they turn to LFR as a way to get those tier pieces they're missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd love most those changes except I like the current talents, the 'choices' we had before were just illusion filler. And the dungeon finder may as well disappear all together. Or, be only server based.

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    As much as those changes would be awesome, it is highly unlikely due to the deteriorated playerbase quality.

Without most of those changes...

Just the server merges and a non-panda/non-pokeshit/non-farmvilcrap/reasonably serious expansion and I may resub.
    This expansion is one of the more serious ones. Yeah, it looks bright, but I've seen some really dark themes this expansion - far more than in Cata or even Wrath. Just because it isn't skulls and bones or fire doesn't mean it isn't serious.