Oi! Hey you! Check out my latest podcast episode which discusses Australia Day and celebrity deaths!
My vision of a better wow:
Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor -> Flying Mounts shouldn't be in the game, if you want to go somewhere faster, use a Flightpath!
And on that note, make Flightpaths cost like 50g/use so people actually ride through the places!
LFR should be removed, however with the new Flex Raiding, if they add in a better chat option like OQ or Openraid.eu ingame, that would be a much better raiding experience, especially since it's done in Wings and not 1 instance like normal/heroic raid!
LFD needs to stay, however they need to rework lvl 70/80/85 Heroic Dungeons cause those aren't used anymore!
CRZ is fine, if you don't like being ganked, go on a PvE realm!
Faction Imbalances will always arise, impossible to resolve without CRZ!
Item Squish => BIG YES! and will happen next expansion anyway!
Less CC per class -> Yes
Old Talents -> The new MoP Talent system is the best talent system for any game! Easy to change, maybe they should remove the cost of a dust of disappearence!
Remove shared lockout ->Why would anyone want to raid both 10 & 25man again in the same week? WoW raids need to be open for everyone, not just the truely hardcore no-lifers that raid 7days/week
Other things that need to happen: Less abilty bloat but more fun abilities like Mind Vision / Eye of Killrogg
- - - Updated - - -
There's much talk about weither or not WoW should go F2Play, however I think a lower in Sub Fee would help alot too!
I'm told I need to add more to this post.
What would make me come back? Seeing my friends come back.
- - - Updated - - -
But the catch is, you cannot get 4 set until all wings of LFR are released. If, by that time, he still needs 4 tier and bis trinkets, something does not add up.
As much as those changes would be awesome, it is highly unlikely due to the deteriorated playerbase quality.
Without most of those changes...
Just the server merges and a non-panda/non-pokeshit/non-farmvilcrap/reasonably serious expansion and I may resub.
Yeah I'd love most those changes except I like the current talents, the 'choices' we had before were just illusion filler. And the dungeon finder may as well disappear all together. Or, be only server based.
Non of them are real reasons to quit. Therefore it woudnt bring ppl back. But hell, some of these would be THE reason to quit, like "LFD only available for level 90 characters" would be really bad. I still remeber when it took like an hour or so to get a single run in wailing caverns just to do the quests. With like 40-60% chance of fail. Yeh. Good old times... I guess.
Last edited by Dark_Spirit; 2013-08-24 at 07:55 PM.
And cash shop transmog people are the new pandasThey're the new blood elves, I'll camp them for hours and when I get messaged why I'll reply with "You play a panda." UMAD?
OT: less cc would be awsome and something should be done about talents. At least bring back the old background pics, this default one is depressing.
PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes
The idea of raid progression only appealed to me as an individual is because I was going out of my way to be a part of a co-ordinated group of people to take part in content i would otherwise not see.
With LFR, it's made that redundant. Want to see SoO? Run LFR, no need to worry about schedules and guilds and shit.
Dungeons, for me, aren't on the same level as Raids when it comes to organisation and excitement to see content. I need them to level through a bracket that's taking a bit too long. Honestly, though, if they did add it- I wouldn't care either way.
I don't care about CRZ and faction imbalance, it really doesn't go too far to change my gameplay. Same as the last, I wouldn't care either way.
Item squish is a neccesary thing, but it's not something i'd return to the game for. Don't mind about this one, either.
PvP at the minute is crazy because of burst and CC. If you get stuck inside a Deep Freeze without getting directly healed through it? ..Goodnight, sweet prince.
An argument could be made about 'cookie cutter' and 'useless talents against better ones'. Realistically, what we have at the minute is no better. All we had to do before was look up a guide on how to spec and that's it, job done. But making the speccing system more simplfied really robbed the game of something crucial- Making your character seem your own. The feeling of "Yay, i'm level fourty, I can spec into Stormstrike now!", to me, was better than "im level 26 now i can stormstrike.. hooooraaay.".
Wouldn't make me reconsider subbing.
Again, wouldn't alter the decision making process.
- Also bad idea, i have to work and i don't have time to find people to do dungeons with
- If by "server merged" also means Bound on Account items being able to be send to other realms that good.
- Making items weaker is a bad idea, then why not remove levels instead of items power?
- Crowd Control is worthless now, back in CATA was necessary, but using them made the encounters against mobs even more boring and made you fell squishy.
- Old Talents are a joke, most of the time i ended choosing exactly the same talents i used on another toon. Talents the way we know them are useless, "Talents" (skill points) the way i know them in Diablo 2 could be an amazing idea.
- I never do arena matches, mostly because i'm never able to find someone else who has the time to do them when i have time. I have never been able to do arenas
- Raid locks on old raids is stupid, maybe for new raids are "ok", but for old ones are pointless, the last thing you want to do is to keep doing the same raids over and over again just to get a belt, shoulder or any other piece of armor/weapon.
Overall: I would only resub if i see true changes to the game, which changes? Easy:
- Better story line, quests and interesting bosses to face, i'm sorry, but MOP bosses are not that "interesting" for me, the Lich King WAS interesting and also Kil'jaden, but Lei shen....nah. (Garrosh....meh)
- Interesting Zones that truly show the skill of designers, like some beautiful zones from BC and WOTLK. (Eversong woods, Nagrand, Grizzly hills, Zul'drak, etc.)
- Being a rogue, priest and even warrior means nothing, if you do old raids with them, you suck. If you do dps is repetitive. If you try to PvP with them, other classes destroy you, even if you are a pro on those classes. In other words: "Class balance". Where is the true meaning of being each of these classes? They are not unique anymore.
- Being at 90 right now is so boring, that the only thing you can do is farm PvE and PvP items away from that there is nothing else to do.
- New models for races, i fell like i'm playing a really old game every time i see my human and troll characters.
- Professions are annoying to level, i think its time to fix them.
- Random raids and dungeon map design, like Diablo2, the maps are different always.