Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devourer View Post
    and there you have it, the wow community at its finest, morons/casuals everywhere
    because that's totally a new phenomena!
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I've already quit WoW, and no, I wouldn't go back for those changes. The problem isn't bringing back the old game. Truth be told, that's not what anyone really wants despite the complaints otherwise. It's like the TBC server talk, it's rose tinted nostalgia glasses.
    Yeah thats why more than a few of the private vanilla and BC blizzlike servers are running with log in queues. The one I play on caps at 9999 players and always has a queue. I do agree though that those changes arent going to get anyone back to the game.

My vision of a better wow:

Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor -> Flying Mounts shouldn't be in the game, if you want to go somewhere faster, use a Flightpath!
    And on that note, make Flightpaths cost like 50g/use so people actually ride through the places!

LFR should be removed, however with the new Flex Raiding, if they add in a better chat option like OQ or Openraid.eu ingame, that would be a much better raiding experience, especially since it's done in Wings and not 1 instance like normal/heroic raid!

LFD needs to stay, however they need to rework lvl 70/80/85 Heroic Dungeons cause those aren't used anymore!

CRZ is fine, if you don't like being ganked, go on a PvE realm!
    Faction Imbalances will always arise, impossible to resolve without CRZ!

Item Squish
    => BIG YES! and will happen next expansion anyway!

Less CC per class -> Yes

Old Talents -> The new MoP Talent system is the best talent system for any game! Easy to change, maybe they should remove the cost of a dust of disappearence!

Remove shared lockout ->Why would anyone want to raid both 10 & 25man again in the same week? WoW raids need to be open for everyone, not just the truely hardcore no-lifers that raid 7days/week

Other things that need to happen: Less abilty bloat but more fun abilities like Mind Vision / Eye of Killrogg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Yeah thats why more than a few of the private vanilla and BC blizzlike servers are running with log in queues. The one I play on caps at 9999 players and always has a queue. I do agree though that those changes arent going to get anyone back to the game.
    Those realms have queues because people don't want to pay for WoW anymore, which is a different thing that not wanting to play anymore!
    There's much talk about weither or not WoW should go F2Play, however I think a lower in Sub Fee would help alot too!

No.

I'm told I need to add more to this post.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    These changes would in no way make me come back. They are more apt to push me away...

What would make me come back? Seeing my friends come back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    If you run in a Top 50 guild, then you should already beat normal long before the last wing of LFR is released.
    In theory, it shouldn't be an issue... but in reality it is. They have to worry about setting up alts and what not so they have the best possible raid composition. An LFR requirement would give them a better chance to be "fully equipped". At least... this is what I am told about the top50 guild scene. It's fun having co-workers in Kin Raiders.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    In theory, it shouldn't be an issue... but in reality it is. They have to worry about setting up alts and what not so they have the best possible raid composition. An LFR requirement would give them a better chance to be "fully equipped". At least... this is what I am told about the top50 guild scene. It's fun having co-workers in Kin Raiders.
    The person I was replying to was complaining about being "forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc."

But the catch is, you cannot get 4 set until all wings of LFR are released. If, by that time, he still needs 4 tier and bis trinkets, something does not add up.

As much as those changes would be awesome, it is highly unlikely due to the deteriorated playerbase quality.

Without most of those changes...

Just the server merges and a non-panda/non-pokeshit/non-farmvilcrap/reasonably serious expansion and I may resub.

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    My vision of a better wow:

Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor -> Flying Mounts shouldn't be in the game, if you want to go somewhere faster, use a Flightpath!
    And on that note, make Flightpaths cost like 50g/use so people actually ride through the places!

LFR should be removed, however with the new Flex Raiding, if they add in a better chat option like OQ or Openraid.eu ingame, that would be a much better raiding experience, especially since it's done in Wings and not 1 instance like normal/heroic raid!

LFD needs to stay, however they need to rework lvl 70/80/85 Heroic Dungeons cause those aren't used anymore!

CRZ is fine, if you don't like being ganked, go on a PvE realm!
    Faction Imbalances will always arise, impossible to resolve without CRZ!

Item Squish
    => BIG YES! and will happen next expansion anyway!

Less CC per class -> Yes

Old Talents -> The new MoP Talent system is the best talent system for any game! Easy to change, maybe they should remove the cost of a dust of disappearence!

Remove shared lockout ->Why would anyone want to raid both 10 & 25man again in the same week? WoW raids need to be open for everyone, not just the truely hardcore no-lifers that raid 7days/week

Other things that need to happen: Less abilty bloat but more fun abilities like Mind Vision / Eye of Killrogg

- - - Updated - - -

Those realms have queues because people don't want to pay for WoW anymore, which is a different thing that not wanting to play anymore!
    There's much talk about weither or not WoW should go F2Play, however I think a lower in Sub Fee would help alot too!
    I agree that is part of it. I spend way more time on the BC server than live, and its not only because its free.

The person I was replying to was complaining about being "forced to do LFR the beginning of every tier to make sure I walk in the raid with 4 set/bis trinks/etc."

But the catch is, you cannot get 4 set until all wings of LFR are released. If, by that time, he still needs 4 tier and bis trinkets, something does not add up.
    LFR is released in what, 4 weeks? Yeah, people start heroic modes the second week, but you're forgetting RNG. What if they don't win the rolls? What if their token doesn't even drop for 5 weeks, and then they don't win it? On top of that, no 25 man guild is going to have everyone in full tier sets by the time LFR is fully opened. And thus, they turn to LFR as a way to get those tier pieces they're missing.

Yeah I'd love most those changes except I like the current talents, the 'choices' we had before were just illusion filler. And the dungeon finder may as well disappear all together. Or, be only server based.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by gee View Post
    As much as those changes would be awesome, it is highly unlikely due to the deteriorated playerbase quality.

Without most of those changes...

Just the server merges and a non-panda/non-pokeshit/non-farmvilcrap/reasonably serious expansion and I may resub.
    This expansion is one of the more serious ones. Yeah, it looks bright, but I've seen some really dark themes this expansion - far more than in Cata or even Wrath. Just because it isn't skulls and bones or fire doesn't mean it isn't serious.

Old talents, yes. rest, no.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

Non of them are real reasons to quit. Therefore it woudnt bring ppl back. But hell, some of these would be THE reason to quit, like "LFD only available for level 90 characters" would be really bad. I still remeber when it took like an hour or so to get a single run in wailing caverns just to do the quests. With like 40-60% chance of fail. Yeh. Good old times... I guess.
    Last edited by Dark_Spirit; 2013-08-24 at 07:55 PM.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    LFR is released in what, 4 weeks?
    More like 6. 5.2 was released on March 5, but final wing was released only on April 16th.

Its called maximizing loot drops for the tier. Of course the LFR gear will be replaced eventually, but its about getting gear slots filled with upgrades asap. Also depending on raid role, it may take weeks or even months to fill some slots so it is expected that you do lfr to get the lesser versions until you can get the heroic drop especially if it is in anyway an upgrade. For the vast majority of players this isnt how it is done, but the higher you get in world ranks, the more it is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    This expansion is one of the more serious ones. Yeah, it looks bright, but I've seen some really dark themes this expansion - far more than in Cata or even Wrath. Just because it isn't skulls and bones or fire doesn't mean it isn't serious.
    Dark only because we're stuck with faggot pandas now. They're the new blood elves, I'll camp them for hours and when I get messaged why I'll reply with "You play a panda." UMAD?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

Most of these changes are pretty fkn horrible and i would probably quit if they went live.
    Thank god you are not a game designer at blizz

They're the new blood elves, I'll camp them for hours and when I get messaged why I'll reply with "You play a panda." UMAD?
    And cash shop transmog people are the new pandas

OT: less cc would be awsome and something should be done about talents. At least bring back the old background pics, this default one is depressing.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

-Yes:
    The idea of raid progression only appealed to me as an individual is because I was going out of my way to be a part of a co-ordinated group of people to take part in content i would otherwise not see.
    With LFR, it's made that redundant. Want to see SoO? Run LFR, no need to worry about schedules and guilds and shit.
    -No:
    Dungeons, for me, aren't on the same level as Raids when it comes to organisation and excitement to see content. I need them to level through a bracket that's taking a bit too long. Honestly, though, if they did add it- I wouldn't care either way.
    -No:
    I don't care about CRZ and faction imbalance, it really doesn't go too far to change my gameplay. Same as the last, I wouldn't care either way.
    -No:
    Item squish is a neccesary thing, but it's not something i'd return to the game for. Don't mind about this one, either.
    -Yes:
    PvP at the minute is crazy because of burst and CC. If you get stuck inside a Deep Freeze without getting directly healed through it? ..Goodnight, sweet prince.
    -Yes:
    An argument could be made about 'cookie cutter' and 'useless talents against better ones'. Realistically, what we have at the minute is no better. All we had to do before was look up a guide on how to spec and that's it, job done. But making the speccing system more simplfied really robbed the game of something crucial- Making your character seem your own. The feeling of "Yay, i'm level fourty, I can spec into Stormstrike now!", to me, was better than "im level 26 now i can stormstrike.. hooooraaay.".
    -No:
    Wouldn't make me reconsider subbing.
    -No:
    Again, wouldn't alter the decision making process.

High Overlord Saurfang: "I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes..."
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Lol wanna bet"

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

- No, worst idea ever
    - Also bad idea, i have to work and i don't have time to find people to do dungeons with
    - If by "server merged" also means Bound on Account items being able to be send to other realms that good.
    - Making items weaker is a bad idea, then why not remove levels instead of items power?
    - Crowd Control is worthless now, back in CATA was necessary, but using them made the encounters against mobs even more boring and made you fell squishy.
    - Old Talents are a joke, most of the time i ended choosing exactly the same talents i used on another toon. Talents the way we know them are useless, "Talents" (skill points) the way i know them in Diablo 2 could be an amazing idea.
    - I never do arena matches, mostly because i'm never able to find someone else who has the time to do them when i have time. I have never been able to do arenas
    - Raid locks on old raids is stupid, maybe for new raids are "ok", but for old ones are pointless, the last thing you want to do is to keep doing the same raids over and over again just to get a belt, shoulder or any other piece of armor/weapon.

Overall: I would only resub if i see true changes to the game, which changes? Easy:

- Better story line, quests and interesting bosses to face, i'm sorry, but MOP bosses are not that "interesting" for me, the Lich King WAS interesting and also Kil'jaden, but Lei shen....nah. (Garrosh....meh)
    - Interesting Zones that truly show the skill of designers, like some beautiful zones from BC and WOTLK. (Eversong woods, Nagrand, Grizzly hills, Zul'drak, etc.)
    - Being a rogue, priest and even warrior means nothing, if you do old raids with them, you suck. If you do dps is repetitive. If you try to PvP with them, other classes destroy you, even if you are a pro on those classes. In other words: "Class balance". Where is the true meaning of being each of these classes? They are not unique anymore.
    - Being at 90 right now is so boring, that the only thing you can do is farm PvE and PvP items away from that there is nothing else to do.
    - New models for races, i fell like i'm playing a really old game every time i see my human and troll characters.
    - Professions are annoying to level, i think its time to fix them.
    - Random raids and dungeon map design, like Diablo2, the maps are different always.