Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. "Progress" isn't reversing every positive change that's ever happened in this game. If this happened, I would quit.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wonder why the OP is banned. I checked his post history, none of them stand as being insulting, threatening or otherwise against moral and ethics. He is clearly not happy with current wow, though if he continue to follow the game, he probably use to like it.

so why is he ban? Because he don't don't like current wow and dream about a different wow on the forum?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    From the looks of it, he's trying to kill off the game.
    Maybe that is a good thing he is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by eillas View Post
    they are merging servers iun 5.4 with new technology.
    Yeah I saw that. I'll definitely give it a try once the patch is up and see how it works out.
    The cross realm idea, it is a good idea.

I also forgot to mention if they updated their tagging system. Instead of first tag gets the mob, it would be neat to have it so anyone can attack and get credit.
    That plus the merging servers/cross realm would be fantastic.

Deleted
    The complaints about flying mounts are stupid, if you like to explore then walk.

The changes wouldn't make me quit nor would they make me come back to the game if i'd already quit.

I haven't quit for a long while now, but in the purely hypothetical sense, if I was unsubscribed, and I found out they were making all of those changes, I would not resubscribe. Even if I had meant to at some point. Instead, I would uninstall the game from all of my computers, get on Battle.net and politely request my account be destroyed, take all my WoW hard copies out back, burn them, then bury the ashes in a nice quiet section of the garden, with a view of the sky.

While some of those things highlight certain problems I have with the game, none of them would solve those problems if reversed.

Allowing account wide ignore/no-grouping would solve most of my problems with LFX type arrangements. The only other concern I have them is with LFR specifically; I always raided to see the rest of the dungeon and kill the boss then lost interest. While LFR pushes people like me out of the game since it hands us the carrot early, I think the game is more focused on people who like the comfort of doing the same thing over and over, and should stick to that.

Item squish is a cosmetic thing, I could probably find a UI mod that rounds off the numbers for me. If they talked about serious revisions to how stats worked I'd be interested, but a good solution would be pretty opaque to casual players and not be a draw for most; same goes with item squish actually.

It's always interesting to see someone who finds problems with the game that have nothing to do with my concerns with it.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ9 View Post
    - Removal of flying mounts in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
    - Removal of LFR
    - LFD only available for level 90 characters
    - Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ
    - Item squish to WotLK level
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again
    - Removal of shared raid lockouts

Would you come back? If not, what would make you come back?
    Yes some of these changes would make me come back.

The LFR was a big hit in the groin to me when it was first announced. I didn't like it because i felt as if you didn't need a guild anymore to progress. There was no point in even finding a guild making good friends, or even being social for that matter seeing as i could just queue up and wait and get loot. The LFD was bad enough but I liked it for the fact that I didn't have to spam LFG all day to find a group for a dungeon where i wouldn't even get gear 70% of the time.

I do like the idea of just merging servers instead of CRZ, its a better idea than connected realms or cross realms for the fact that you feel like your community is alive. you feel as though you are part of one giant family and people can make a name for themselves by being good, or just doing fun things. Cross realm ruined that in my opinion.

The item squish to WotLK is still a bit high. I feel as though the game has taken a turn for the worse and is starting to feel more and more like a trashy Korean MMO with all these huge numbers hitting up to 1 million or higher with damage. This is mainly because im an old school player and remember the days when hitting 1-2k on my paladin was call for throwing my arms up and going "DAYUM! HIT YOU IN THE FACE!!"

Less CC would make the game a lot more enjoyable i cant even stand to PVP anymore because 80% of the combat i get into is spent being CC'ed i can understand that healers are OP in pvp and need to be CC'ed heavily but that can be adjusted by making changes where PVP numbers are greatly different from PVE numbers.

Old talents really wouldn't effect me coming back. sure it was great every level being like YEAH TALENT POINT, but i like it now where majority of those points you were putting into is just automatically gained at a certain level. I wouldn't turn down the idea of better talents to choose from though.

the last 2 really doesn't effect me at all because I never cared for arena. I play MMO's to have fun and socialize with new friends. i dont plan on being hardcore MLG WoW player. Raid lockouts are fine as is because after you're done you have the entire week to prepare for the next raid.

Deleted
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents

I am still subbed but this is maybe a good idea. Yes old talents were boring and shit but i liked it alot better then having to switch from talent 1 to 2 every time i go PVE or PVP ( Yes BM PVP needs different talents then BM PVE, even though it is 2 spells still it is annoying)

I have quit, and if they did what the OP suggests I would NOT come back. It would basically ensure that I would never play WoW again.

No, most of that would just make me happy I quit. I love flying mounts (no flying til level cap actually contributed to me not playing MoP, though it wasn't the only reason since I was already not excited), and I loved having LFD for leveling dungeons since they were always awful to group for at low levels. I think the only ones that wouldn't annoy me are old talents and no more LFR.

I'd love to see BC style healing, Ulduar style hard modes, and a Legion themed expac.

But I don't even think I'd have the time to play it, so whatever.....

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    I am still subbed but this is maybe a good idea. Yes old talents were boring and shit but i liked it alot better then having to switch from talent 1 to 2 every time i go PVE or PVP ( Yes BM PVP needs different talents then BM PVE, even though it is 2 spells still it is annoying)
    Just looking at the class balance discussion on the warlocks talks about the three talents turning into something you would swap based on each fight into movement fight, AoE fight, patchwork fight. Shows a give up in the attempt for there to be meaning behind the choices with preferred play style. The talent system has effectively become a fancy glyph system. GC has made the comment that had this current talent system been in place prior to duel spec that the devs would have more likely not implemented the system and implemented a button saving system instead.

im currently on break/quit until next xpack. if av isnt fixed by then then ima quit/break until next xpack or until av and other 40 man bgs are fixed.

thats all i want is av to be fixed. thats the only thing i can see actually revitalizing my wow fun.
    fix av then blizz can take my money forever
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    - Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    - Removal of 10 win cap for arenas -> Introduction of team rating requirements for arena gear again

In order:
    no
    no
    no
    yes
    no
    yes
    maybe sort of no but yes, b/c I think we need something in between
    no
    yes

I hope that's be a large help to you.
    /flings cue cards on ground and walks out whilst saying (in a Krusty the clown voice) "learn from the pros kid"
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    The removal of LFR probably would make me quit.
    As for the rest...I don't really care.

- Removal of LFR
    - Less CC
    - Old Talents
    These are some of the worst ideas ever, all compiled in to one post. I especially loved "Faction imbalances fixed and servers merged -> Removal of CRZ". Just how do you plan on doing that? Mandatory server changes? Name changes? "Hey Joe Blow, you have to change your name since you are on a new server now. BTW: None of your friends are there. Have fun!"

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hardcore gamers are hardcore. This list looks to get rid of all casual gamers. If you don't like casuals, join a hard core guild so you don't have to put up with them. LFR gives the casuals their wellfare epics so that they can enjoy content and then jump on their alts. The key to Blizzard subscriptions is to string people along the casuals and all their alts are what feeds the Blizzard pockets. The hardcores aren't going anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Removal of LFR
    - Old Talents

I'm subbed now but would quit without looking back if even one of these listed happened.