Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    world pvp and a bounty type system ?

    should there be a bounty system on wow for those that like to pvp and world pvp etc??
    like ya goin round doing some pvp and arseing about at a horde or ally base etc or dem pvp dailies n shit, or just killin people in pvp whatever. would it be cool to place a bounty on some one whos doin ya nut in or is just good at pvp etc so others can hunt them down for funs and maybe gold or rep or summit if you go to the bounty hunter shop to pick up a quest etc I dunno I just think hunting people down for bountys would be fun.

  2. #2
    High Overlord Dantastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    110
    Seems like hell to balance, but I'd definitely be excited for it if they got it right. World PvP gangs ftw.

  3. #3
    Awesome idea, but I doubt it would ever be implemented due to the fact that there is no balance in world pvp and the fact that pve gear reigns king would cause one hell of an uproar amongst the pvp community (hell, it already does). If it were a little less official, maybe something along the lines of when a player goes on a streak or something (5HKs without a death, for example) that player would then be worth more honor when you kill him. I don't know. I just feel that the pvp community wouldn't let something fly if pve geared players are clearly superior.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,476
    Yes, but with certain rankings and NPC-given quests for gold. Something to make a name of yourself in the world is allways a good idea to begin.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  5. #5
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Making a system for something that is currently completely unbalanced, with the disadvantage being for the PvP players, is not going to do anything good right now. To make a system like that work, there first needs to be some form of balance, or at least PvP players given back an advantage. As long as there isn't, this won't work.

  6. #6
    No. It will be exploited to hell and back with players of both factions wintrading.

  7. #7
    what about a 1v1 situation or something then. if you tag a player with a bounty then no one else can attack him/her maybe, so it kinda becomes a duel with something at stake.. or players reported for bounties appear on a notice quest board or summit and you accept them all or summit, when you see the player in your quest log when out and about then its first come first served on collecting the bounty? surely there could be a way.

    I dunno, just think this would liven things up a bit somehow and encourage search n destroy play or yea making a name for yourself as a bad ass on a crusade or a knobend who likes to show off ;p either way brings back bragging rights of somekind.
    I remember a while back I used to look up to certain players on my realm for being awesome at pvp and they had a lil following going etc lol.. that's all gone now, no one stands out anymore

    plus, who wouldn't mind a "Bounty Hunter" title above there head or something ;p

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    what about a 1v1 situation or something then. if you tag a player with a bounty then no one else can attack him/her maybe, so it kinda becomes a duel with something at stake.. or players reported for bounties appear on a notice quest board or summit and you accept them all or summit, when you see the player in your quest log when out and about then its first come first served on collecting the bounty? surely there could be a way.

    I dunno, just think this would liven things up a bit somehow and encourage search n destroy play or yea making a name for yourself as a bad ass on a crusade or a knobend who likes to show off ;p either way brings back bragging rights of somekind.
    I remember a while back I used to look up to certain players on my realm for being awesome at pvp and they had a lil following going etc lol.. that's all gone now, no one stands out anymore

    plus, who wouldn't mind a "Bounty Hunter" title above there head or something ;p
    1. Tagging someone would make both you and him un-pvp-able by other players. One could exploit this to avoid pvp entirely on a pvp realm.
    2. Players of both factions could have an agreement to share the exploits, by reporting eachother for bounties and then killing eachother in some spot.
    3. The system could select one random player to be the bounty but that player could exit the area to drop the debuff and then returning after the system has chosen another player. Also, I don't think many players would appreciate being made a target for all enemy players just out of a sudden.

    The system doesn't work in wpvp. I can see it working in bgs, though.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,602
    When I played GTA San Andreas Multiplayer you could put a hit on people and enter a sum which the hitman would be paid. If someone killed you before the hit target the hit is off and you can't put a hit on that target again, not perfect but meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  10. #10
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    There should be a bounty system on players who kill honorless targets. 20g bounty for every low level character you kill. Basically a stacking debuff with every kill that expires within an hour if not refreshed. I'm sure it would be exploited beyond belief but man that would be fun.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    There should be a bounty system on players who kill honorless targets. 20g bounty for every low level character you kill. Basically a stacking debuff with every kill that expires within an hour if not refreshed. I'm sure it would be exploited beyond belief but man that would be fun.
    -Hordebob, wanna make some gold ? Go to STV and start killing lowbies for an hour, then we meet up and I kill you. Then I will do the same.
    -Ok, Alliancejim.

  12. #12
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    -Hordebob, wanna make some gold ? Go to STV and start killing lowbies for an hour, then we meet up and I kill you. Then I will do the same.
    -Ok, Alliancejim.
    I said I'm sure it would be exploited, but would be fun while it lasted.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Bad Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep inside the power core.
    Posts
    581
    an interesting concept, would help combat lowbie griefing for sure.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    an interesting concept, would help combat lowbie griefing for sure.
    -90, dude, come off your flier and kill this ganking retard!
    -Not yet, think I'll let him get more stacks before I kill him.

    Yes, very much help.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    -90, dude, come off your flier and kill this ganking retard!
    -Not yet, think I'll let him get more stacks before I kill him.

    Yes, very much help.
    His idea wasn't perfect, just a suggestion!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  16. #16
    Maybe if you speak English next time, i can understand this thread.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-29 at 07:21 AM.

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,829
    Go to an NPC, give it 100gold, name a player of the opposite faction.

    Next person to kill the player will get the gold. (And any gold others have placed on said player.)

    I know of a few people on my server who would rack up bounties pretty quick, myself included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome Raidboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Outlands
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Go to an NPC, give it 100gold, name a player of the opposite faction.

    Next person to kill the player will get the gold. (And any gold others have placed on said player.)

    I know of a few people on my server who would rack up bounties pretty quick, myself included.
    Could be broadcast in the local defense channel.. Player X has had a bounty placed on his head, total bounty amount XXXG.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer Firebane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a Bordeaux vineyard
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Could be broadcast in the local defense channel.. Player X has had a bounty placed on his head, total bounty amount XXXG.
    Plus the total amount on the character's portrait frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I'm just being a smart ass at this point.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Go to an NPC, give it 100gold, name a player of the opposite faction.

    Next person to kill the player will get the gold. (And any gold others have placed on said player.)

    I know of a few people on my server who would rack up bounties pretty quick, myself included.
    Yes, ignore EVERYTHING that has been posted in this thread regarding exploitation of the system, and keep suggesting stuff that's even easier to exploit/wintrade.

    And people wonder why do I have such a sarcastic tone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •